Why has no one ever explored the edge of the flat earth?

• 49 Replies
Why has no one ever explored the edge of the flat earth?
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:19 PM »
I think flat earthers and round earthers can all agree that it's human nature to explore the unknown.  That's why people climb Mt. Everest and why they explore the deep sea with remotely controlled submarines.  There are few, if any, significant places on the earth's surface that have not been explored.  If the earth was really flat and bordered by an ice wall, then what would be more exciting than travelling to the edge, climbing the ice wall and looking over the side?  In fact, explorers wouldn't stop there.  After seeing what the edge looks like, they would return to climb over the edge and onto the vertical face.  They could then find out how thick the earth is, and they could plan to climb or take some kind of vehicle to the bottom side of the earth.  That would be amazing, and the team that did it would be heroes.

Yet for some reason, there is no record of anyone having done this or even attempted it.  The obvious explanation is that all explorers know that the earth is a sphere and there *is* no edge.  But how do flat earthers explain this?  Isn't there a single flat earth believer in the world that is either capable of doing some exploration or at least funding someone else to do it?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Why has no one ever explored the edge of the flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:43 AM »
Some say the NASA guards would stop you long before you reached the edge. 

?

QuQu

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:19:21 AM »
If i remember correctly while looking at old threads, the penguins in Antarctica are genetically modified to feed the guards, correct? Or the penguins are the NASA guards?

?

Goth

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »
It's literally impossible to reach the so called' edge, for a human being,,

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:38:41 AM »
Being so far away from the sun, I have to agree we Goth.  It would simply be too cold and depleted of atmosphere at that distance. 

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 04:40:48 AM »
And why exactly would you be
depleted of atmosphere at that distance
?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »
And why exactly would you be
depleted of atmosphere at that distance
?

You do realize that gases tend to turn to liquids and then solids as the temperature drops, right?  If you got far enough from the sun, even on a flat Earth, there would be nothing to breath. 

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »
I wanted to ask more like what makes you think that we would sooner reach a point with no atmosphere than the edge itself. And either way, it would require a temperature way lower than what has ever been observed on Earth.

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 05:13:45 AM »
Being so far away from the sun, I have to agree we Goth.  It would simply be too cold and depleted of atmosphere at that distance.

So how do your "NASA guards" survive at the edge?  I notice you said that "some say" there are NASA guards.  Do you not believe this yourself?  If not, then you haven't answered my original question at all.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »
I wanted to ask more like what makes you think that we would sooner reach a point with no atmosphere than the edge itself. And either way, it would require a temperature way lower than what has ever been observed on Earth.

As you get farther from the equator, the temperature drops at a consistent rate.  Can we agree?  Now, what if the south pole is not where they tell you it is, or, more importantly, what if there is no south pole?  Would the temperature not continue to drop? 

So how do your "NASA guards" survive at the edge?  I notice you said that "some say" there are NASA guards.  Do you not believe this yourself?  If not, then you haven't answered my original question at all.

Who said the NASA guards would be stationed at the edge?  In fact, I specifically said, "Some say the NASA guards would stop you long before you reached the edge."

Also, this is not my theory and I have seen no conclusive evidence that this is true.  However, I do keep an open mind and I often assume others do as well, whether they do or not. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 06:29:37 AM »
???  Why would a civilian organization dedicated to aeronautical and space research guard the edge of the world?  Do they have super secret launch facilities or something there?  Honestly, guarding a bunch of snow and ice sounds more like an Army or Navy job to me.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 06:37:26 AM »
The Army and Navy have standards.  NASA guards would just be renegades who are in it for the money. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:46 AM »
Nah.  They'd just hire contractors.  NASA is supposed to be the brains of the conspiracy.  They wouldn't bother with boots on the ground.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »
The Army and Navy have standards.  NASA guards would just be renegades who are in it for the money.

I assume you admit that the theory about NASA guarding the edge of the earth is 100% speculation with absolutely no supporting evidence.

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:10 AM »
-Ok, why would all of these "renegades" keep NASA's secret?  No one ever spilled the beans, not even for money?

-And if the atmosphere of the Earth freezes when far away from the Sun -- meaning the temperature would have to drop below -361 degrees Farenheit, the freezing point of oxygen -- then it would be physically impossible for people to go there -- so why would it be necessary for NASA guards to guard the place?

-And even if it were impossible for humans to get to the purported ice wall, why wouldn't we send balloons, drones, probes, satellites, etc., the same way we do to space, remote parts of Siberia, etc? 

-At what point, jroa, will you simply accept that instead of constantly spinning complicated conspiracy theories and concocting jumbled imaginary maps involving ice-air and evil penguins, it's simpler just to conclude that the world actually is round?

-Based on your gif, you seem to consider it very important that a medieval Pope thought that the earth was flat.  But if you asked the present Pope, Francis I (from Argentina, in the southern hemisphere, as it happens), about the shape of the Earth, what do you think he would say?

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
Maybe the NASA guards have special powers gained from their Satan worship?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »

As you get farther from the equator, the temperature drops at a consistent rate.  Can we agree?  Now, what if the south pole is not where they tell you it is, or, more importantly, what if there is no south pole?  Would the temperature not continue to drop? 

Who said the NASA guards would be stationed at the edge?  In fact, I specifically said, "Some say the NASA guards would stop you long before you reached the edge."

Also, this is not my theory and I have seen no conclusive evidence that this is true.  However, I do keep an open mind and I often assume others do as well, whether they do or not.

Who guarded the ice wall before NASA ? NASA is fairly recent history. If there were no guards before NASA , why hadn't some person or persons explored the ice wall at some time ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »

You realize, don't you, that there are numerous permanent, manned research stations on Antarctica that are operated by many different countries.  These stations are widely distributed over Antarctica, and the scientists there aren't dying due to lack of oxygen, unlivable temperatures or anything else.  Why not?

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
Who???

ausGeoff

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 03:07:01 PM »
It's literally impossible to reach the so called' edge, for a human being,,

Well... with that in-depth scientific logic I guess we've got the answer.  Is it only human beings that can't reach the edge?  What about kangaroos for example?

Although, logically, what Goth claims is true.  There is no edge on a sphere.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

My question has never been answered.
"Who guarded the ice wall before NASA ?" ::) ??? :'(

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 11:50:19 PM »

Nobody.  Why would the ice wall need to be guarded? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 08:43:14 AM »

Earlier on jroa you said:  "Some say the NASA guards would stop you long before you reached the edge".  I'm happy to accept that this idea of NASA "guards" keeping people away from the ice wall is not necessarily what you believe.

I'm assuming that the NASA guards claim believed by many flat earthers is in order to justify why none of them can take a photo of it or even travel to see it with their own eyes.  It gives them an excuse to define it only in very, very vague terms—which are difficult to refute using any scientific rationale.

The NASA guard fairytale is just a feeble cop-out.

?

General Patton

• Undefeated round earther
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
The penguins are the guards, and will kill you if you pass the ice wall.

There is a whole conspiracy about whether they use guns or just peck you to death, rumor has it that someone went there and got killed by one of the penguins.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:20:12 PM by General Patton »
It is so fun educating FE'rs who don't know anything.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 03:27:14 AM »

Stop people stealing ice?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 05:49:31 AM »

All makes sense now!!!.  The Conspiracytm steals ice, and puts it into freezers.  This is all to cover up the fact that refrigeration does not exist!!  Obviously to cover up some other bigger, more important conspiracy!!!!!

?

guv

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 04:56:12 PM »
The conspiracy is all about keeping ice up to my esky, I don't like hot beer.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »

All makes sense now!!!.  The Conspiracytm steals ice, and puts it into freezers.  This is all to cover up the fact that refrigeration does not exist!!  Obviously to cover up some other bigger, more important conspiracy!!!!!

The Conspiracy doesn't steal the ice. They are just keeping it in storage. If global warming warms up enough they are saving the ice because they will have a corner on the market to sell to the Eskimos for building igloos.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:16:15 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »

If the ice wall doesn't need to be guarded......Why the NASA guards ???

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 10:56:11 PM »

If the ice wall doesn't need to be guarded......Why the NASA guards ???

I said the more likely scenario for me is that there is no more air to breath and that it gets very cold by the time you start approaching the edge.  Only government agencies would have the wherewithal to get anywhere near the edge.

However, you do have to apply and have your route approved if you are going to mount an expedition in Antarctica.  Perhaps the guards are only called out if you stray too far off your registered route?  Maybe that is what happened to all of those people who have died in Antarctica?