So I guess Buzz Aldrin is still brainwashed

• 887 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: So I guess Buzz Aldrin is still brainwashed
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »
You know a fighter jet can go ballistic right?
If by ballistic you mean that it can fly in a parabolic path that simulates zero gravity for short periods of time, then yes.

You know that the pilot/s can pass out due to the intense speed or what we are told is the G force.
We are talking a speed of around 1000mph or less and these pilots are close to passing out.
G-LOC (Gravitational Loss of Consciousness) is generally due to the pilot making very tight turns.  If you have ever been on a modern roller coaster that does loops, then you should know that tight turns mean high gees.  Modern aerobatic planes can produce more gees than a pilot can handle even at relatively low speeds.

Imagine sticking them inside a rocket going 20,000 mph. What mechanism is in place to stop them from not just passing out but actually dying?
A throttle on the rocket engines to limit the rate of acceleration.  Remember that you don't feel speed, you feel acceleration.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #601 on: October 01, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »

No, I can't understand why you wouldn't discuss it on the open forum. You have no trouble discussing you other views on the open forum why do you have trouble discussing an experiment that you supposedly did and supports your views that you do discuss on here.
Don't worry about it, it got immediately rejected as usual by those that appear to know better and also ridiculed. It's in the hands of people who actually do know better and will be  testing it for their own proof, of which I'm quite happy about.

If I recall, you immediately denied posting any information about your experiment the moment someone asked for some details.  ANd then proceeded to play martyr and say people were ridiculing you.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #602 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »
You keep talking about your experiments...  Could you finally show us your data that you have gathered on your frozen lake bed experiment and how it was set up?
I already did. You all had your chance to pm me and only 2 took it up, so ask them.
The people who got the relevant stuff are scientists, 4 of who want to re-enact it this November.
Now I'm not interested in the slightest what you think of this. In-fact, just read it and don't reply to it, because that's all I'm saying on this subject as it's already been done. Look it up.
I just don't understand the secrecy that you have?  If it is such an "Earth Flattening" experiment, why not make a webpage devoted to it explaining in detail with results.

Also, the reason I never pm'd you is because you put the stipulation that I couldn't discuss what was contained in the pm, you wouldn't even let me acknowledge that I had recieved a pm from you or not.  That is not how I operate.  If we are discussing something on a public section of the forum, I will ask questions about it on the public forum.  I will not move it to private pm.
Well I'm sure you can understand why I chose to put it to pm and give stipulations.
To put it in the forum would instigate a stampede of globuloids to immediately go on the ridicule and basically bury it.
Don't attempt to say it wouldn't happen, because it would. Remember, there's a lot of people on here with more of an agenda than just arguing for a global Earth.

I thought you did not care about the ridicule.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #603 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:17 AM »
I found it! Somewhere in this thread, AusGeoff questioned Scepti's alleged 13 academic qualifications despite Scepti's denials. He says he has them but isn't specific. I'll hazard a guess: grades kindergarten to 12--that makes 13!

Offline sceptimatic

The pied piper
        View Profile
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Antarctica questions
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »

Quote from: ausGeoff on September 22, 2014, 08:13:21 AM

Quote from: sceptimatic on September 22, 2014, 07:40:52 AM

All I can tell you is that it's to do with energy and magnetism. I can't tell you anything else about any undertakings.

That's okay.  Can you tell me then what academic qualifications make you suitable for carrying out this research?  As I said earlier, I'd presume a Masters degree in one of the earth sciences considering you're talking about geophysics?

I have 13 actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Scroll to Top | Report to moderator   Logged

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #604 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:21 AM »
If you look closely, Scepti never said what those 13 were.  For all we know, he could be referring to the 13 gold stars that he got during the course of his 3 years in first grade.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #605 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »

You know a fighter jet can go ballistic right? You know that the pilot/s can pass out due to the intense speed or what we are told is the G force.
We are talking a speed of around 1000mph or less and these pilots are close to passing out.
Imagine sticking them inside a rocket going 20,000 mph. What mechanism is in place to stop them from not just passing out but actually dying?
You don't understand g-force.  It is an acceleration.  You could be traveling at 1,000,000,0000 mph and, as long as you didn't accelerate, you will experience no g-force.

On the other hand, you could go from 5 mph to 10 mph in a very short space of time and experience extreme g-force.  During a high speed  car crash, for example, you might experience 100g.

You own a Bugatti don't you?  They do 0-100kph in 2.4s and you will get 1.55g.  Although once you have hit 100kph and are cruising, then g will be zero. 

The maximum you will get on the space shuttle is 3g.  Some rollercoasters let you experiance >6g.
I'm well aware of what they call G force. I know it's acceleration and not constant speed.
It should be pretty obvious to you that a shuttle launching into so called space, supposedly attaining a speed of 17,000 mph, would have to accelerate at a 5 miles per second per second to attain this 17,000 mph speed.

Do you under stand what this means?

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #606 on: October 01, 2014, 11:44:54 AM »
If you look closely, Scepti never said what those 13 were.  For all we know, he could be referring to the 13 gold stars that he got during the course of his 3 years in first grade.

Exactly! I was speculating grades K (that's kindergarten for non-U.S. readers) to 12th.

« Reply #607 on: October 01, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
I'm well aware of what they call G force. I know it's acceleration and not constant speed.
It should be pretty obvious to you that a shuttle launching into so called space, supposedly attaining a speed of 17,000 mph, would have to accelerate at a 5 miles per second per second to attain this 17,000 mph speed.

It clearly means you don't know what you're talking about.

How long would it take a body accelerating at 5 mi/sec2 to reach a velocity of 17,000 mi/hr?

What equation would you use? What's the answer (in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, or fortnights - your choice)?

I dare you to answer, but I think you'll give some excuse not to answer, or ignore the question entirely, because you don't know how. If by some miracle you do come up with the right answer, you won't like it, and will dodge or ignore. Showing the steps you followed, if you can, is better than just spitting out a number.

How does the answer compare to announced launch events?

[Edit] punctuation
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:54:48 AM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #608 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
Sorry to ruin your question to sceptic, but I can't pass up an opportunity to call him stupid. 5 miles per second is 18,000 miles per hour.  So no, the space shuttle does not need to accelerate at 5 miles/s2.

Sceptic perhaps you need to go back and get 14 academic qualifications. With only 13 you are still quite stupid.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #609 on: October 01, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »
I like the way you think.  ;D

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #610 on: October 01, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »

How long would it take a body accelerating at 5 mi/sec2 to reach a velocity of 17,000 mi/hr?

You ask how long would it take a body accelerating at 5 mi/sec˛ to reach a velocity of 17,000 mi/hr?

1 hr = 3600 sec

A velocity 17,000 mi/hr thus equals 17,000/3,600 = 4.722222 mi/sec

It appears it would take around a sec.

Do I get a prize?

I offer anybody incl. Buzz (topic) €1 000 000:- to help me at http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm .

Buzz - topic - has not yet collected.

I wonder why?

Isn't it time to get back to the topic?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #611 on: October 01, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »

You ask how long would it take a body accelerating at 5 mi/sec˛ to reach a velocity of 17,000 mi/hr?

1 hr = 3600 sec

A velocity 17,000 mi/hr thus equals 17,000/3,600 = 4.722222 mi/sec

It appears it would take around a sec.

Do I get a prize?

I offer anybody incl. Buzz (topic) €1 000 000:- to help me at http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm .

Buzz - topic - has not yet collected.

I wonder why?

Isn't it time to get back to the topic?
That's the first calculation you have ever done on this site. Congrats.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #612 on: October 01, 2014, 12:45:32 PM »
Sorry to ruin your question to sceptic, but I can't pass up an opportunity to call him stupid. 5 miles per second is 18,000 miles per hour.  So no, the space shuttle does not need to accelerate at 5 miles/s2.

Sceptic perhaps you need to go back and get 14 academic qualifications. With only 13 you are still quite stupid.
Who said it did?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #613 on: October 01, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »
I guess it's my turn to play.

You did.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #614 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
I guess it's my turn to play.

You did.
Ok hands up. It's a double take that's all but I'm sure you knew this but couldn't wait to pass it up.  ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Anyway can anyone guess how fast a shuttle has to accelerate to get to 17,000 mph in 8 minutes?

« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
Anyway can anyone guess how fast a shuttle has to accelerate to get to 17,000 mph in 8 minutes?
There's no need to guess. It can be calculated.

Before anyone does, though, can we let sceptimatic calculate a more exact answer my previous question instead of the approximations given, showing what equation he used, and how he applied it to arrive at the answer? Although he has clues now, I'm still not sure he can do it.

The answer to my last question is apparent in his current one. "... would have to accelerate at a 5 miles per second per second to attain this 17,000 mph speed" is patently wrong for real flights.

[Edit] typo.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #617 on: October 01, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »

No guess here:

0.001 miles/s2

http://www.smartconversion.com/unit_calculation/Acceleration_calculator.aspx
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2014, 12:21:39 AM »

No guess here:

0.001 miles/s2

Calculate that to miles per hour.

« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »

You know a fighter jet can go ballistic right? You know that the pilot/s can pass out due to the intense speed or what we are told is the G force.
You don't understand g-force.  It is an acceleration.  You could be traveling at 1,000,000,0000 mph and, as long as you didn't accelerate, you will experience no g-force.

On the other hand, you could go from 5 mph to 10 mph in a very short space of time and experience extreme g-force.  During a high speed  car crash, for example, you might experience 100g.

You own a Bugatti don't you?  They do 0-100kph in 2.4s and you will get 1.55g.  Although once you have hit 100kph and are cruising, then g will be zero. 

The maximum you will get on the space shuttle is 3g.  Some rollercoasters let you experiance >6g.
So why did you only mention a constant speed in your appeal to incredulity??

Yes, I understand that it means you have no idea what you are talking about.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #620 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:29 AM »

So why did you only mention a constant speed in your appeal to incredulity??

Yes, I understand that it means you have no idea what you are talking about.
I never mentioned constant speed, so what are you on about?

« Reply #621 on: October 02, 2014, 02:03:23 AM »

No guess here:

0.001 miles/s2

*sigh* you can't measure an acceleration in miles per hour.  You still don't understand.

He linked to the acceleration calculator, so if you want different units just do it yourself.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »
I never mentioned constant speed, so what are you on about?

You said:

Imagine sticking them inside a rocket going 20,000 mph.
They are both constant speeds, not accelerations.

ausGeoff

« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2014, 02:50:50 AM »
You keep talking about your experiments...  Could you finally show us your data that you have gathered on your frozen lake bed experiment and how it was set up?
I already did. You all had your chance to pm me and only 2 took it up, so ask them.
The people who got the relevant stuff are scientists, 4 of who want to re-enact it this November.

I can confirm that I was one of the two people who PM'd sceptimatic, and I can also confirm receiving a PM in reply, accompanied by a simple diagram outlining the basics of his proposed experiment with the laser and the ice field.

I'll be awaiting the results of the further experiments carried out by the four scientists who responded to sceptimatic's request.

His diagram didn't divulge any technical information not already disclosed to the public, so any other confirmatory, independent research results tabled next month will be of major interest to me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #624 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »

No guess here:

0.001 miles/s2

*sigh* you can't measure an acceleration in miles per hour.  You still don't understand.

He linked to the acceleration calculator, so if you want different units just do it yourself.
You lot won't do it because it renders your rockets a total pile of crap for their size and for human travel.
You all know fine well that no rocket that size, nor human could survive even a portion of the speeds they allegedly attain.

Anyone out there with a rational brain, do the maths. No need for comlicated bollocks or anything. Just do the maths for how a rocket can accelerate to 17,000 mph in 8 minutes but don't allow yourself to be duped by silly mathematical workings.

Here's a tip for those that can think.

For a rocket to attain a speed of 17,000 mph for supposed entry into orbit our of Earth's atmosphere, it must always accelerate.
Now keep that in your heads the next time you accelerate from 0 to 60 mph on anything and feel the force upon you. Look at dragsters accelerating on a track and basically falling apart after seconds at times.

How many of you have taxied on a runway in a plane then been pushed back into your seat as the plance goes into full on acceleration to lift off? many, right?
Now this is only 200 mph or so and also it's basically horizontal with a slight incline as it goes into the sky. Once it levels out after full thrust, it keeps a constant speed, so all is well.

However, a ballistic rocket is a different kettle of fish, because a rocket cannot stop accelerating if it needs to reach a certain speed, so the force acting on it and the supposed human occupants would render them useless, or to put it simply, it would break the rocket apart and would have already killed the occupants very early on.
There's no way around this. This is what would happen if these speeds were to be attempted.

Did you know that they say they don't allow a shuttle launch in the rain because if they did, they say that the rain would be like bullets hitting the shuttle and would break it apart. Of course, it's a made up story where the shuttle is concerned, because the shuttle is not a real space vehicle, yet there's truth in the story in terms of the speeds mentioned, because that's most probably what it would be like with rain.

Just sittin in your own home looking out of your window with rain being smashed against it at 90 mph makes you think the windows going to shatter.

People just can't visualise 17,000 mph. They think it's nothing because they are made to believe it's no big deal where space vehicles are mentioned.

Let's get a bit real here.
A plane uses full thrust to get airborne. Basically it has nothing left but the lift of the wings to basically glide higher at a slight angle where the air becomes thinner and the strain on the turbines becomes less stressful, meaning faster speeds can be attained.

In a rocket, it has to use full thrust all of the time. No throttling down and all that clap trap. It's full throttle and you're off.
So the real question should be. How does a rocket accelerate all of the time, anyway?
It should simply springboard from the launch pad and carry on into the sky at that speed, vertically. This is in reality though, but as we know, we are not dealing with reality in the space game, are we?  ;D

Remember, N.A.S.A rockets do not have gears, so to gain height they have to increase throttle or shall I say thrust.
The major problem with this is, they don't have any increased thrust, because they are at full thrust on lift off. Anyone see what I mean here? All you roundies, don't bother answering this, I'm not interested in your clap trap. ::)

The best any rocket can do is to go ballistic for a short period before arcing right back to Earth, expending their fuel in minutes, which is exactly what they do if anyone cares to look.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:53 AM »

No guess here:

0.001 miles/s2

Save your nonsense for someone who cares.

« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 05:13:47 AM »
All, this rambling on for nothing.  Why don't you just admit you were wrong and stop embarrassing yourself further.

Anyone out there with a rational brain, do the maths. No need for comlicated bollocks or anything. Just do the maths for how a rocket can accelerate to 17,000 mph in 8 minutes
It's been shown to you, and it isn't complicated at all.  Let's do it again:

to go from 0 to 17,000 mph over 8 mins means they accelerate at 15.8 metres/s/s.  This means that for every second they are traveling 15.8 m/s faster.  So after 1s they are going 15.8 m/s, after 2 seconds they are going 31.6 m/s and after 3 seconds they are going 47.4 m/s and so on...

To calculate g-force:

1 g  = 9.8 m/s/s

therefore

15.8 / 9.8 = 1.61

So the average g-force going from 0 to 17,000 mph in 8 mins is 1.61g - this is only slighty higher than the g-force you will experience in your Bugatti Veyron as you go from 0-100 kph.  For the last minute of burn they do in fact reach 3g, then they turn the main engines off and go to zero-g.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:24:14 AM by JimmyTheCrab »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »
All, this rambling on for nothing.  Why don't you just admit you were wrong and stop embarrassing yourself further.

Anyone out there with a rational brain, do the maths. No need for comlicated bollocks or anything. Just do the maths for how a rocket can accelerate to 17,000 mph in 8 minutes
It's been shown to you, and it isn't complicated at all.  Let's do it again:

to go from 0 to 17,000 mph over 8 mins means they accelerate at 15.8 metres/s/s.  This means that for every second they are traveling 15.8 m/s faster.  So after 1s they are going 15.8 m/s, after 2 seconds they are going 31.6 m/s and after 3 seconds they are going 47.4 m/s and so on...

To calculate g-force:

1 g  = 9.8 m/s/s

therefore

15.8 / 9.8 = 1.61

So the average g-force going from 0 to 17,000 mph in 8 mins is 1.61g - this is only slighty higher than the g-force you will experience in your Bugatti Veyron as you go from 0-100 kph.  For the last minute of burn they do in fact reach 3g, then they turn the main engines off and go to zero-g.
Have another go, crabby.

« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2014, 06:06:11 AM »
Have another go, crabby.
Why?  If you have a problem with the maths then point it out and show the correction. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2014, 06:19:09 AM »
Have another go, crabby.
Why?  If you have a problem with the maths then point it out and show the correction.

LOL.  You may as well ask a Swahili tribesman to explain string theory in 25 words or less.