The International Date Line on a flat earth

• 39 Replies
The International Date Line on a flat earth
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »
Hello all.  What do flat earthers think about International Date Line?  What is, if the world is not a globe, and what is its purpose?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The International Date Line on a flat earth
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 03:50:24 AM »
The sun takes 24 hours to circle the Earth.  The international date line works fine on a flat Earth.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12:54 AM »
OK, but if you fly west from the west coast of America over the Pacific Ocean to Asia, you lose a day, because you have, so to speak, "gone round the back" of the earth, in terms of how our timezones work.  How can this be the case if the earth is not a globe?

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
if you fly anti-sun wise, on a sphere or a planar Earth, you will lose time in perspective.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »
Greetings petty rounder mind!

As jroa said, IDL works fine with the flat earth. What many misunderstand about the flat earth model is that the sun and the moon both have orbits around the earth (yeah you heard me the sun revolved around the earth, but the rest of the planets revolve around the sun aka the Tychonic system, look it up). The sun, being a sphere, shines down a circular shadow of light over Earth (which explains photos of Earth from space) and the rest of earth lay in darkness with only the moon. Many people don't realize the Sun has a limited amount of light it can give off. The sun is not infinite, so it cannot give off infinite light. Besides, it may be big but its 93 MILLION miles away, how much light do you expect it to give off? So roughy half the circular earth is in daytime from this spotlight of the sun. This is why we have time zones on a flat earth model and explains the this including the IDL
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
Hey john, not trolling here just curious. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, you believe the Earth is flat but the sun is indeed 93 million miles away? Is this a different model than the 3000 mile distant sun in the FAQ? If so Id love to see a diagram or model of it. I think I grasp the timezones, just not the limitations of the suns light

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »
Hey john, not trolling here just curious. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, you believe the Earth is flat but the sun is indeed 93 million miles away? Is this a different model than the 3000 mile distant sun in the FAQ? If so Id love to see a diagram or model of it. I think I grasp the timezones, just not the limitations of the suns light
Sure, don't worry I don't think your trolling. But yes, my model is much different than the FES FAQ one. In fact, I actually believe in the Wilmore model, which states Antarctica is a continent and supports a bi-polar model, rather than the Antarctica-as-icewall crap. Ill draw one up, it won't look pretty as I don't hae any fancy software but ill draw t unless you gotta a website I can use
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
Sorry john, no programs or websites I know of to help. The thing I would like to better understand is how the sun can be so far away and still only light up half of a flat earth. I follow the light is not limitless,  but if it is strong enough to light and warm the Earth from such a distance then should it not light the whole world at once? Is the light directed and not emanating in 360°? I like the twist on FE theory, just looking for clarification

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
I hope im not derailing your thread jonny, if you have something closer to your OP to discuss then I could create a new one

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
Sorry john, no programs or websites I know of to help. The thing I would like to better understand is how the sun can be so far away and still only light up half of a flat earth. I follow the light is not limitless,  but if it is strong enough to light and warm the Earth from such a distance then should it not light the whole world at once? Is the light directed and not emanating in 360°? I like the twist on FE theory, just looking for clarification

Sorry , Echo4Elroy, your question hasn't come up before and I'm just as curious as you as to the FE explanation.

Also.......Sorry, Echo4Elroy but on this forum sometimes an RE'er has to step in  and explain things they have seen on this website. :

I think the official FE theory is that the sun is 3000 miles from the earth and is a spotlight that shines in a circle that shines on only a part of the earth at a time (12 hours per time zone ?)   as it orbits and shines such that it makes  an orbit of the earth in 24 hours and that is what makes the time zones.

Since the sun shines only downward, the light from the moon comes from luminescent objects or some phenomena on the moon rather than reflected light from the sun. Some other sources say that light from the moon comes from reflected light from the earth. There seems to be considerable different theories from FE.

Correct me, FE if I'm wrong in your theories. I haven't seen the 93 mllion mile distance listed previously in FE theory.

There is another thread in which the  flat earth is mentioned by FE  as a "lit disc"  as seen from space  and this would indicate the whole earth was in daylight at the same time and all the time  ???

Could FE step in explain and clear up this confusion ? I must confess that I am just one of the billions of persons who have been so " Indoctrinated and brain washed in the so-called "Round Earth Theory" of the so-called "Round Earth Conspiracy" that "Flat Earth Theory" is a little confusing at times. I could use some clarification, too.  :) ???

Here are the two versions of the Flat Earth Map.:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Layout_of_the_Continents
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:06:04 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
That's fine. Actually light is a quite bit more complicated. The sun's light emits via electromagnetic waves, and about 44% of the sun's electromagnetic radiation that reaches the Earth's ground is in the visible light range, so what I am saying is that only roughly half of the flat earth is lit by VISIBLE light, while the rest of the light given off from the Sun is invisible. Light is a very complicated matter, scientific fact has shown it is emitted in different ranges, from visible to invisible. So light is lit all over the Earth, but only 44% of that light that hits the Earth's ground is visible. All this is caused by electromagnetic waves meeting gas molecules in the Earth's atmosphere, which also causes the sky to be blue. I'm really glad to see you are not giving in to the 20,000 miles away BS and accepting both scientific facts that the Earth is flat and the sun is 93 million miles away
I hope im not derailing your thread jonny, if you have something closer to your OP to discuss then I could create a new one
Oh no this isnt my thread it doesn't mind me at all. Oh yeah and sorry I couldn't get you an answer earlier, I was answering other people in FES

Sorry , Echo4Elroy, your question hasn't come up before and I'm just as curious as you as to the FE explanation.

Also.......Sorry, Echo4Elroy but on this forum sometimes an RE'er has to step in  and explain things they have seen on this website. :

I think the official FE theory is that the sun is 3000 miles from the earth and is a spotlight that shines in a circle that shines on only a part of the earth at a time (12 hours per time zone ?)   as it orbits and shines such that it makes  an orbit of the earth in 24 hours and that is what makes the time zones.

Since the sun shines only downward, the light from the moon comes from luminescent objects or some phenomena on the moon rather than reflected light from the sun. Some other sources say that light from the moon comes from reflected light from the earth. There seems to be considerable different theories from FE.

Correct me, FE if I'm wrong in your theories. I haven't seen the 93 mllion mile distance listed previously in FE theory.

There is another thread in which the  flat earth is mentioned by FE  as a "lit disc"  as seen from space  and this would indicate the whole earth was in daylight at the same time and all the time  ???

Could FE step in explain and clear up this confusion ? I must confess that I am just one of the billions of persons who have been so " Indoctrinated and brain washed in the so-called "Round Earth Theory" of the so-called "Round Earth Conspiracy" that "Flat Earth Theory" is a little confusing at times. I could use some clarification, too.  :) ???
Don't get so cocky about yourself rounder, I got an answer as I explained above.
I don't believe everything FES tells me, all because I am a member doesn't mean I should treat every one of their teachings as dogma. And yes you haven't seen 93 million miles because most flat earthers believe in the 20,000 miles BS
"Lit disc"? Never heard that one before, and I sure dont believe that whatsoever
Also I don't believe in the Conspiracy anymore. I truly do believe scientists and all rounders have been mistaken as to the shape of the Earth
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:46:41 PM by Excelsior John »

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
Minor hijack.  John, your idea of a ninety three million mile away sun shining on a flat Earth is bunk.  The sun's rays would be nearly perpendicular all over the Earth.  They're not, and unless you want to ascribe it to an entirely new, unobserved optical effect with no experimental evidence behind it, it doesn't work.  Should be added as well, there would have to be some way for the sun to set on only half the flat Earth, which is rather difficult to do with it being so far.  Return to your previous off topic discussion now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:22:12 PM by Pyrolizard »
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
That's fine. Actually light is a quite bit more complicated. The sun's light emits via electromagnetic waves, and about 44% of the sun's electromagnetic radiation that reaches the Earth's ground is in the visible light range, so what I am saying is that only roughly half of the flat earth is lit by VISIBLE light, while the rest of the light given off from the Sun is invisible. Light is a very complicated matter, scientific fact has shown it is emitted in different ranges, from visible to invisible. So light is lit all over the Earth, but only 44% of that light that hits the Earth's ground is visible. All this is caused by electromagnetic waves meeting gas molecules in the Earth's atmosphere, which also causes the sky to be blue. I'm really glad to see you are not giving in to the 20,000 miles away BS and accepting both scientific facts that the Earth is flat and the sun is 93 million miles away
Oh no this isnt my thread it doesn't mind me at all. Oh yeah and sorry I couldn't get you an answer earlier, I was answering other people in FES

Don't get so cocky about yourself rounder, I got an answer as I explained above.
I don't believe everything FES tells me, all because I am a member doesn't mean I should treat every one of their teachings as dogma. And yes you haven't seen 93 million miles because most flat earthers believe in the 20,000 miles BS
"Lit disc"? Never heard that one before, and I sure dont believe that whatsoever
Also I don't believe in the Conspiracy anymore. I truly do believe scientists and all rounders have been mistaken as to the shape of the Earth

Sorry, John. I didn't mean to be offensive. Just needed clear up a few things.
Pardon the parody and paraphrasing the words of Will Rogers.:
"All I know is what I read on the Internet and that's my excuse for ignorance." ;D

Chorus:

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »
Minor hijack.  John, your idea of a ninety three million mile away sun shining on a flat Earth is bunk.  The sun's rays would be nearly perpendicular all over the Earth.  They're not, and unless you want to ascribe it to an entirely new, unobserved optical effect with no experimental evidence behind it, it doesn't work.  Return to your previous off topic discussion now.
Did you even read my response to Echo? Look, picture this: The sun's electromagnetic radiation that hits the Earth's ground equals 100%. 44% of this is visible light, meaning it covers about 44% of the Earth's surface is lit by visible light, while the rest lay on darkness under invisible electromagnetic radiation. This fits into the flat earth model where half lays in day

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
I do have a question .

Have any FE's ever been a member of any branch of the military ?

In particular are there any Navy veterans out there who are FE's ?

I would be interested in their experiences in regard to "flat"-vs-"round" earth during the service.
I never met any FE's when I was in the Navy, but there must be some out there.

Or members of civilian or military organizations connected with aviation or ocean navigation ?

Chorus:

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:23 PM »

"All I know is what I read on the Internet and that's my excuse for ignorance." ;D
I don't just go around the Internet using bogus conspiracy sights for my info, I use good sources
I do have a question .

I would be interested in their experiences in regard to "flat"-vs-"round" earth during the service.

Or members of civilian or military organizations connected with aviation or ocean navigation ?
I was never in the military nor am I connected to oceanic organizations

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »
Minor hijack.  John, your idea of a ninety three million mile away sun shining on a flat Earth is bunk.  The sun's rays would be nearly perpendicular all over the Earth.  They're not, and unless you want to ascribe it to an entirely new, unobserved optical effect with no experimental evidence behind it, it doesn't work.  Return to your previous off topic discussion now.
Did you even read my response to Echo? Look, picture this: The sun's electromagnetic radiation that hits the Earth's ground equals 100%. 44% of this is visible light, meaning it covers about 44% of the Earth's surface is lit by visible light, while the rest lay on darkness under invisible electromagnetic radiation. This fits into the flat earth model where half lays in day

Works fine, until you actually measure how much electromagnetic radiation is hitting any given part of the Earth.  You'll notice rather quickly that most of it in every spectrum is hitting the lit part, with small amounts coming from the moon and other celestial events on the parts which aren't lit.  I don't even need to verify your numbers to tell you how wrong you are on this one.

Also, what you said to Echo, is that the sun only lights some of the Earth, because it has a limited amount of light to give off.  You're partially right, it does only have a limited amount of light to give off, but not in the way or for the reason you're saying.  It's a great ball of glowing plasma caused by nuclear reaction, we have no reason to think it somehow discriminates WHERE it lets photons out on it's surface.  It illuminates in all directions more or less equally.  This is why you can see other planets in the night sky lit up by the sun, even though you're in darkness.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Works fine, until you actually measure how much electromagnetic radiation is hitting any given part of the Earth.  You'll notice rather quickly that most of it in every spectrum is hitting the lit part, with small amounts coming from the moon and other celestial events on the parts which aren't lit.  I don't even need to verify your numbers to tell you how wrong you are on this one.

Also, what you said to Echo, is that the sun only lights some of the Earth, because it has a limited amount of light to give off.  You're partially right, it does only have a limited amount of light to give off, but not in the way or for the reason you're saying.  It's a great ball of glowing plasma caused by nuclear reaction, we have no reason to think it somehow discriminates WHERE it lets photons out on it's surface.  It illuminates in all directions more or less equally.  This is why you can see other planets in the night sky lit up by the sun, even though you're in darkness.
Here's the diagram I promised to Echo. Maybe this can slap some sense into you

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »
Here is a better picture to slap some sense into you;

Lets start to break this silly idea down...

Firstly lets ask what the 44% means. It sounds to me you are rather confused over figures you have found. Now I dont confess to know the exact numbers but it sounds like you are referring to what the atmosphere lets in on a round earth model. Is there any reason why only 44% of the sun is working correctly? In your model the atmosphere is not responsible. I dont think you quite grasp the angles here.

Lets look at the moon as thats easy enough to see. The moon orbits the earth lower than the sun on your model. Can you please show how the moons phases work?

On that not can you also show a model why the seasons fluctuate? The angle of the suns rays never differ on your model.

High altitude photos show a disc of light. Im not going to go down the round earth road on this because picking apart your model is easy enough. So how do you explain those near perfect spotlights of sun in your model? Daylight calculators show that the suns spotlight is not a circle at all using either flat earth projection.

You say you have been studying FET for about a year now? I read you ideas over the last 20 mins and can see they are bunk.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »

I don't just go around the Internet using bogus conspiracy sights for my info, I use good sources
I do have a question .

Just mentioned that in passing. If you had ever been in the Navy you would know that the FE Theory (I don't know it would even be considered a theory) :
"restoring a ship which has passed beyond the horizon with a telescope" would be easily de-bunked. It just can't be done.
PS - Waiting to hear from other Navy veterans about "the ship over the horizon."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:31:04 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »

First, we're ignoring part of my original point.  That is:
Minor hijack.  John, your idea of a ninety three million mile away sun shining on a flat Earth is bunk.  The sun's rays would be nearly perpendicular all over the Earth.  They're not, and unless you want to ascribe it to an entirely new, unobserved optical effect with no experimental evidence behind it, it doesn't work.  Should be added as well, there would have to be some way for the sun to set on only half the flat Earth, which is rather difficult to do with it being so far.  Return to your previous off topic discussion now.

Second:
And
It's a great ball of glowing plasma caused by nuclear reaction, we have no reason to think it somehow discriminates WHERE it lets photons out on it's surface.  It illuminates in all directions more or less equally.  This is why you can see other planets in the night sky lit up by the sun, even though you're in darkness.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:36:24 PM by Pyrolizard »

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
John, I dont know enough about electromagnetic radiation to know if any of you are right or wrong but I would like clarification on how the day/night cycle and seasons works in your version of FE.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »
John, your 93 million miles thing is a step in the right direction, then a giant leap in the wrong one. On a flat Earth, this would mean the sun is ALWAYS directly above every observer. The Earth (even the flat kind) isn't that big. If north-south distances are to be believed, then it's only 40,000 miles in diameter. Even if the sun were over a part of the earth exactly opposite an observer, it'd be only 1.5 arcminutes away from directly up.

Since we see the sun setting on the horizon every night, that's clearly not possible.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
Here is a better picture to slap some sense into you;

Lets start to break this silly idea down...

Firstly lets ask what the 44% means. It sounds to me you are rather confused over figures you have found. Now I dont confess to know the exact numbers but it sounds like you are referring to what the atmosphere lets in on a round earth model. Is there any reason why only 44% of the sun is working correctly? In your model the atmosphere is not responsible. I dont think you quite grasp the angles here.

Lets look at the moon as thats easy enough to see. The moon orbits the earth lower than the sun on your model. Can you please show how the moons phases work?

On that not can you also show a model why the seasons fluctuate? The angle of the suns rays never differ on your model.

High altitude photos show a disc of light. Im not going to go down the round earth road on this because picking apart your model is easy enough. So how do you explain those near perfect spotlights of sun in your model? Daylight calculators show that the suns spotlight is not a circle at all using either flat earth projection.

You say you have been studying FET for about a year now? I read you ideas over the last 20 mins and can see they are bunk.
I am not confused, science tells us that only 44% of the sun's electromagnetic waves (light) that hit the Earth's ground, is visible. That would make sense on a round earth model cuz our explanation would have dead 50% electromagnetic waves on the one side of the earth, which would be disproven by science. It seems to me you don't have a very good understanding of science

As for lunar phases, I only mentioned the Earth's ground. The moon has nothing to do with this electromagnetic wave on the Earth

The sun is a sphere so the light it emits is circular like a spotlight

I do have a question .

Just mentioned that in passing. If you had ever been in the Navy you would know that the FE Theory (I don't know it would even be considered a theory) :
"restoring a ship which has passed beyond the horizon with a telescope" would be easily de-bunked. It just can't be done.
PS - Waiting to hear from other Navy veterans about "the ship over the horizon."
I have been on a cruiseship so of course I know what your talking about. This is because the Earth is obvz not completely flat. There are different elevations

Second:
And
It's a great ball of glowing plasma caused by nuclear reaction, we have no reason to think it somehow discriminates WHERE it lets photons out on it's surface.  It illuminates in all directions more or less equally.  This is why you can see other planets in the night sky lit up by the sun, even though you're in darkness.
You are heavily misunderstanding the calculations science tells us of electromagnetic radiation on earth. Invisible light is not your traditional visible light. Light is simply electromagnetic waves, and these waves do not always have to be seen
John, I dont know enough about electromagnetic radiation to know if any of you are right or wrong but I would like clarification on how the day/night cycle and seasons works in your version of FE.
Electromagnetic radiation is basically light. When we think of light, we think of the visible light we all know and love, but there is also invisible light

As for day/night, the sun and moon both revolve around earth and when the sun covers a certain area it takes up 44% of earth while the rest lay in darkness or in between (evening/dawn). While the rest lay in darkness, the moon continues its orbit and it gives some light to the darkness. As for seasons, the sun's orbit around earth is elliptical so at the point of revolution when its closer to the earth it will be summer for whatever hemisphere it is nearest to, while the other hemisphere is in winter
John, your 93 million miles thing is a step in the right direction, then a giant leap in the wrong one. On a flat Earth, this would mean the sun is ALWAYS directly above every observer. The Earth (even the flat kind) isn't that big. If north-south distances are to be believed, then it's only 40,000 miles in diameter. Even if the sun were over a part of the earth exactly opposite an observer, it'd be only 1.5 arcminutes away from directly up.

Since we see the sun setting on the horizon every night, that's clearly not possible.
Read my post above

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »

Read my post above
What post? I read the next post you had in this thread, and saw a little diagram that in no way explains how a sun 5398.5 arcminutes above the horizon can appear to be 0 arcminutes above the horizon.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
Also, even if I am wrong, I have two other alternate thoerys:

1) The sun's orbit is so far away that it only shines on half the earth and progresses around its orbit

2) The moon blocks some the sun's light over the earth, causing darkness over the area the moon is over

Read my post above
What post? I read the next post you had in this thread, and saw a little diagram that in no way explains how a sun 5398.5 arcminutes above the horizon can appear to be 0 arcminutes above the horizon.
Read the post above that and study the diagram after that

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Also, even if I am wrong, I have two other alternate thoerys:

1) The sun's orbit is so far away that it only shines on half the earth and progresses around its orbit

2) The moon blocks some the sun's light over the earth, causing darkness over the area the moon is over

Read my post above
Read the post above that and study the diagram after that

1) Still wouldn't make the sun appear to set on the horizon. It'd just fade and brighten from the zenith.

2) Still wouldn't make the sun appear to set on the horizon. It'd just be covered by the moon, like a solar eclipse.

3) There's no diagram above your post. Just tell me how the sun can set on the horizon in your model.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 04:17:26 PM »

Second:
And
You are heavily misunderstanding the calculations science tells us of electromagnetic radiation on earth. Invisible light is not your traditional visible light. Light is simply electromagnetic waves, and these waves do not always have to be seen

Look, I know you're a troll, but ffs man.  You can be an intelligent troll, look at Tom!

Invisible light is, effectively, the exact same thing as visible light.  Microwaves, radio waves, UV rays, X-rays, Gamma rays, they're all electromagnetic radiation.  Now that we're clear, the sun projects all of them onto one spot.  Gamma and X-rays much less so, and from Gamma to UV most of the light is caught by the magnetosphere, but all light that hits the Earth is on the portion of the Earth which is in daylight.  Again, minor exception for moonlight and other cosmic events.

Here, as an example.  Put a cup of water in your microwave, set it for thirty seconds, and start it.  Some portion of the light emitted into your microwave is visible light, and some is not.  The visible light is not specifically projected to any area, nor is the invisible light.  All of it hits the inside of the microwave, and your cup.

So, to recap:  The sun doesn't have some magical way to project photons in the visible spectrum out onto some of the Earth, with photons of lesser and greater wavelengths being emitted in other areas.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »

Read my post above

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

Read my post above
I don't care how much visible light hits the Earth, I care that it's coming from a source that's at maximum 1.5 arcminutes away from the zenith, and yet we still somehow see a sunset every night.

Here: hang a lit flashlight from your ceiling. Stand directly under it and look up. Notice where the light is coming from? Now, cover up half the bulb with something opaque, like construction paper or cardboard or something. Look at it again. It's still on the ceiling. Reducing how much light you get didn't somehow magically move the flashlight to the floor.