My Trip To The Ice Wall

• 531 Replies

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:15:40 PM »
Well, recently, I was talking to my friend who apparently got an interning job at NASA engineering (I'm not sure what she does there, but it was a pretty low-down job). Basically, I was discussing the Flat Earth Theory with her, and she said she was pretty sure she heard something about it walking by this one office, but she didn't know for sure (she said she heard something about needing more guards because too much information is leaking). Well, she goes and talks to her boss, who ends up talking to his boss who was, I guess, one of the conspirators. He told my friend's boss that there was nothing the matter and he believed it, but she didn't. So, she goes and talks to the other guy, who basically breaks into a panic.
Nobody was supposed to hear that meeting and, while she didn't hear all that much, the guy apparently thought that she could've heard more than what she did here. So he offers her anything to get her to shut up. She asks to see the Ice Wall with her friend (me :D). Thing is, they didn't tell ME that I needed to shut up. So, here's my trip to the Ice Wall.

First, here is where I first snuck a picture. We first traveled in a jeep across Antarctica, but I couldn't snap any pictures, because we were in too close of quarters. Anyways, this is a gate down at the very edge of Antarctica. You could just barely make out the Ice Wall from the edge of this wall that went up some seven feet or so. The guards looked really stern, and well-disciplined:

Here is the tower that I had to sleep in before making the trek to and up the ice wall. It was surprisingly comfy, and had good heating:

Here is when we were walking up to the Ice Wall. Those are more guards down at the bottom. I quickly snuck my camera out of my coat to snap this one. Not sure if you can see them in this picture, but those guys had some nasty guns. Also, they had to deactivate some automatic turrets that would shoot people down if they got too close to the ice wall without proper clearance:

Well, the guys didn't come up with us. They thought we were nutballs for wanting to try climbing to the top. So, it gave me time to snap a picture while we were on the Ice Wall. It was getting really chilly at this point:

Then we got to the scariest part. Since all of you crazy Round Earthers keep asking to take a picture of 'space,' I was determined to take it upon myself to do so. There was no real flat surface on the top of the ice wall, so I told my friend to get the rope and lower me down a tiny bit so that I could snap a quick picture. She thought I was crazy, but she did it anyway. Here is what I got:

After that, we were instructed to come down, and she signed a contract saying that neither of us would talk about the Ice Wall. Luckily, I slipped away before I signed it, therefore nothing about it was legal. I've got all the proof I need right here, though. Completely undeniable. I've even got a shot of the space on the other side of the Ice Wall.
You whiny Round Earthers better shut up now. I've gone through a crapload of stuff to go through with this, even evading the law.
My friend told me that the governments haven't located this site or at least don't go to it regularly, so I figured it was safe to post it here. I'm going to try to find some other places where I can get this out without catching their attention (if they figure it out, I'll probably be killed...).

~D-Draw

?

No

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:27:36 PM »
Those are all taken from image searches. The rest, of course, is a story. Too much time on your hands?

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 09:08:34 PM »
but not just any story: a true story!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »
Quote from: "No"
Those are all taken from image searches. The rest, of course, is a story. Too much time on your hands?

Oh, really? I don't see you producing pictures of you in outer-space in front of an obviously spherical Earth? Why so pessimistic? Is it because I have more proof than you?  :o

I've given you Round Earthers everything you asked for, now you're going to ask for more evidence? Pfeh...

All I can say is that I was there; you weren't. Therefore I do believe I have the upper-hand in saying whether or not I was there, thank you very much.

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »
im with you mate
my avatar clearly shows a section of the ice wall with the penguins guarding it

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:55:56 PM »
Those are all taken from image searches.

an interesting notion is the fact that any picture on the web should be found in most image searches specifying that u use the rite name. even pictures of RE comes from google searches, etc...are u saying that these are wrong because they're on the internet and found in a search?

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:24:26 AM »
My god...another one...

For starters, your story died when you said "Antarctica". Unless I miss-read (or they have changed it for convenience) FE theory states Antarctica doesn't exist. So, if you did go to Antarctica, not only did you contradict your own theory, but you also helped disprove it.

Additionally, that last pictute is so mind-numbingly obviously edited.
 tried to be nice. I tried to not get angry at insultingly rediculous notions.

I TRIED DAMMIT

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 12:35:05 AM »
For the last time, the FE states that Antarctica EXISTS, just not the way it is depicted in the RE model.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:10 AM »
Yeh, I only just read re-read that not long ago.

It says that "Antarctica, as a continent, doesn't exist."
So I guess you guys gave it the fancy name of the Ice Wall?

Still doesn't rule out that you won't accept photo evidence, and all that all of these are obviously edited.
Yes, I know he's being stupid.
 tried to be nice. I tried to not get angry at insultingly rediculous notions.

I TRIED DAMMIT

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 08:37:51 AM »
Quote from: "Enraged Youth"
My god...another one...

For starters, your story died when you said "Antarctica". Unless I miss-read (or they have changed it for convenience) FE theory states Antarctica doesn't exist. So, if you did go to Antarctica, not only did you contradict your own theory, but you also helped disprove it.

Antarctica does have a landmass before you get to the Ice Wall, obviously. Otherwise they'd need to station a bunch of guards in the middle of the ocean to make sure nobody sees the Ice Wall. The Ice Wall itself is actually about ten to fifteen miles away from where "Antarctica" connects with the water.

ORLY?

~D-Draw

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 04:44:26 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"

ORLY?

~D-Draw

Yes, really. Apart from the obvious observation that the area has just been coloured black with specks of white added in to it, I'm assuming Microsoft Paint or a similar program (a really poor attempt at an edit I might add), but I analysed the image on Photoshop which, in turn, verified this. When you apply a brightness and definition mask on to the image, it clearly shows a massive disparity between the black area and ice shelf with no gradient effect whatsoever. It is physicaly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a photograph like this (even if there was a point source of light or something similar).
Furthermore, you are very naive. Did you honestly believe that people would accept these random photographs and a fallacious story as a true basis of proof that there really is an ice-wall at the end of a flat-earth? Although you may be easily manipulated, this however does not apply to the masses. No published and reputible scientific theory is based solely upon an anecdote and a few ambiguous photographs, so your claim: "Is it because I have more proof than you?" is ludicrous to say the least...

?

mjk

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 04:56:16 AM »
Quote from: "ciroc"

Furthermore, you are very naive. Did you honestly believe that people would accept these random photographs and a fallacious story as a true basis of proof that there really is an ice-wall at the end of a flat-earth? Although you may be easily manipulated, this however does not apply to the masses. No published and reputible scientific theory is based solely upon an anecdote and a few ambiguous photographs, so your claim: "Is it because I have more proof than you?" is ludicrous to say the least...

:lol:  you are very naive to take this thread at face value with such a righteous attitude.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04:11 AM »

ORLY?

~D-Draw

Yes, really. Apart from the obvious observation that the area has just been coloured black with specks of white added in to it, I'm assuming Microsoft Paint or a similar program (a really poor attempt at an edit I might add), but I analysed the image on Photoshop which, in turn, verified this. When you apply a brightness and definition mask on to the image, it clearly shows a massive disparity between the black area and ice shelf with no gradient effect whatsoever. It is physicaly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a photograph like this (even if there was a point source of light or something similar).

we have ourselves a new moron, seeing as its his first post and his terminology i find it very difficult to believe that he is joking.

in conclusion...ciroc is a complete tard  :twisted:

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 05:09:23 AM »
Quote from: "mjk"

:lol:  you are very naive to take this thread at face value with such a righteous attitude.

Oh, I see, let's try turn the humiliation on me now.
The original post was not intended as a joke, any attempt to claim it as one would be revoking the BS the original poster tried to laden upon us. This, of course, would only be done in a defensive manner to avoid being "caught out"  :wink: You're all too superficial, really....

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:17:10 AM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"

ORLY?

~D-Draw

we have ourselves a new moron, seeing as its his first post and his terminology i find it very difficult to believe that he is joking.

in conclusion...ciroc is a complete tard  :twisted:

LOL, why the blatant hypocritisizm? Perhaps you may wish to debate the points I made, rather than persisting with petty insults. It's quite juvenile really and just accentuates that you really have no basis for a debate on this matter. You people are so easily manipulated, and yet you seem so unaware with your pretentious claims and theories you claim as evidence. I could have a more intelligent conversation with my cat for christ's sake......

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »
My personal favorite is the tree hanging to the right side of "tower 7" where you slept. It's so... green, yet not a pine tree.

Those Ice Wall guards must really miss the green trees from back home; I assume that one of those gun-carrying apes who sit around guarding ice all day must be really good at altering plants genetically to make them survive at way below-zero temperatures!  :D

Re: My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 09:28:25 AM »
Well, recently, I was talking to my friend who apparently got an interning job at NASA engineering (I'm not sure what she does there, but it was a pretty low-down job). Basically, I was discussing the Flat Earth Theory with her, and she said she was pretty sure she heard something about it walking by this one office, but she didn't know for sure (she said she heard something about needing more guards because too much information is leaking). Well, she goes and talks to her boss, who ends up talking to his boss who was, I guess, one of the conspirators. He told my friend's boss that there was nothing the matter and he believed it, but she didn't. So, she goes and talks to the other guy, who basically breaks into a panic.
Nobody was supposed to hear that meeting and, while she didn't hear all that much, the guy apparently thought that she could've heard more than what she did here. So he offers her anything to get her to shut up. She asks to see the Ice Wall with her friend (me :D). Thing is, they didn't tell ME that I needed to shut up. So, here's my trip to the Ice Wall.

First, here is where I first snuck a picture. We first traveled in a jeep across Antarctica, but I couldn't snap any pictures, because we were in too close of quarters. Anyways, this is a gate down at the very edge of Antarctica. You could just barely make out the Ice Wall from the edge of this wall that went up some seven feet or so. The guards looked really stern, and well-disciplined:

Here is the tower that I had to sleep in before making the trek to and up the ice wall. It was surprisingly comfy, and had good heating:

Here is when we were walking up to the Ice Wall. Those are more guards down at the bottom. I quickly snuck my camera out of my coat to snap this one. Not sure if you can see them in this picture, but those guys had some nasty guns. Also, they had to deactivate some automatic turrets that would shoot people down if they got too close to the ice wall without proper clearance:

Well, the guys didn't come up with us. They thought we were nutballs for wanting to try climbing to the top. So, it gave me time to snap a picture while we were on the Ice Wall. It was getting really chilly at this point:

Then we got to the scariest part. Since all of you crazy Round Earthers keep asking to take a picture of 'space,' I was determined to take it upon myself to do so. There was no real flat surface on the top of the ice wall, so I told my friend to get the rope and lower me down a tiny bit so that I could snap a quick picture. She thought I was crazy, but she did it anyway. Here is what I got:

After that, we were instructed to come down, and she signed a contract saying that neither of us would talk about the Ice Wall. Luckily, I slipped away before I signed it, therefore nothing about it was legal. I've got all the proof I need right here, though. Completely undeniable. I've even got a shot of the space on the other side of the Ice Wall.
You whiny Round Earthers better shut up now. I've gone through a crapload of stuff to go through with this, even evading the law.
My friend told me that the governments haven't located this site or at least don't go to it regularly, so I figured it was safe to post it here. I'm going to try to find some other places where I can get this out without catching their attention (if they figure it out, I'll probably be killed...).

~D-Draw

Cute story but you obviously have never dealt with any kind of Government security.  

Important meetings do not happen in rooms where someone can overhear.  And you do not ask questions that are not directly related to your work.  If you overhear something that you should not have, you might report it to your boss, but you would never look for more information if you want to continue your employment.

Your Friend in the story would not have gotten a free trip, they would have gotten a pink slip.

And you do not sneek a camera into a high security area.

?

turbofis

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »
Please every FE`s out there.
I respect that u believe this thing, but for god sake u cant actually believe this "photo" he`s taken? It is so cleary a fake!  
i quite enjoy reading these forums because of all your arguments, but this post just reminds of a fresh photoshop student trying to brag about his new masterpiece.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »
I am an FE'er, but I must say I find this story rather incredulous. Of course, I cannot say it isn't true, but I can say the photos are a load of hokey. Of course, the conspiracy works in many ways, and this may simply be a subtle piece of disinformation designed to paint FE'ers as obvious fakers and loons. Or, more probably, he's just having a bit of a laugh, and baiting the skeptics.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 01:33:33 PM »
This bit by DiegoDraw is good for laughs; I especially like the "tribbles" adorning the "guards"' shoes.

The "oh so serious" responses are even more hilarious.
hypocritisizm?  I love new combinate terms.

2Qs; what does the(cyrillic?) graffitti on the block wall translate to? were the alleged "artists" suitably tortured before being executed and found guilty?
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »
u guys r so stupid, its NOT photoshopped!!! ur perspective of space is just wat u have been told by the conspirators, THIS is the REAL way it looks!

idiots! believing everything they're told!!!

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 01:02:59 AM »
Okay, I don't like bragging about this but... I'm a ninja. So, I decided to do a little sleuthing of my own.

I took a fishbowl and put it over my head, and put a plant behind my head to hold it steady, and to give me oxygen to breathe. I duct taped the bottoms of it shut, because honestly, duct tape is enough to save me from the lack of air in space. So, I crouched down, wailed on my guitar, and took a truly epic leap upwards. Once I could see the curvature of the earth, I whipped out my ninja camera and took a ninja picture: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Hawkril/?action=view&current=earthfromspace.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Now, it was taken very near to space, so it isn't all that clear, but if the earth is flat, then africa or whatever the fuck country that is (I can't even tell, it's warped from the curvature.) is on the edge of the planet.

As soon as I regain full use of my legs (landing is a bitch) I'll get a better camera and try it again. This time, I'm going to use a trampoline.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »
Yay!
Yet another digitally altered photo from a fishbowl wearing RE fanatic.

I'm absolutely convinced now.

Rock on, faux ninja boy.
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »
Doubting someones ninja-ness is very dangerous. They can flip out and kill everyone for no reason, but you've given a reason.

They've learnt how to throw shurikens at people over the internet too, depending on your ISP. He may have to severe your neck with his Ninja-sword while you sleep.:O

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »
Hey, if there's one method of debate I like, it's sinking down to their level. =D

And besides, I don't even OWN any digital picture editors! I accidentally uninstalled paint when I was trying to remove a virus...

Yes, paint, the program used to add "space" into that last picture of the "ice wall"

I haven't passed my last ninja-test. So I'm not licensed to flip out and kill everyone. But come on. Who the hell assigns "Kill Chuck Norris" as a ninja test?!

My sensei hates me...

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
Yet another FE saying proof from space is false. That sure is an easy way out.
he earth is a cube!

?

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 03:37:37 PM »
I've seen the ice wall too, but it's a lot more psychedelic than anyone's ever imagined.

Note the ninjas climbing it.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »
Quote from: "IneptOne"
Hey, if there's one method of debate I like, it's sinking down to their level. =D

And besides, I don't even OWN any digital picture editors! I accidentally uninstalled paint when I was trying to remove a virus...

Yes, paint, the program used to add "space" into that last picture of the "ice wall"

I haven't passed my last ninja-test. So I'm not licensed to flip out and kill everyone. But come on. Who the hell assigns "Kill Chuck Norris" as a ninja test?!

My sensei hates me...

DUDE, you survived a Chuck Norris encounter, be happy to be alive.:)
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »
Yeah, but I didn't KILL him. Which means I have to do it AGAIN if I ever want my "flip out" permit...

And when you read those Chuck Norris "facts" and then you see him on TV advertising bowflex, you think they exaggerate a little. TOTALLY DON'T.

We should ask Chuck Norris what he thinks about flat earth.

And then I could kill him, and then flip out and kill all of you, too.

My legs will be better next week, and my friend has a trampoline, and the space camera is on order. Next time, gravity! Next time!

I may even make it to the moon! =D

Re: My Trip To The Ice Wall
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 09:56:06 PM »

Did you use MS Paint or Photosho for that one?
 DO NOT BELIEVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!