Also requesting an explanation of the formation of the earth according to FET

• 72 Replies
I'm Unclear about FET's conjecture concerning the formation of the structure of the theorized flat earth

?

Megaman

• Winning all the forums
I'm Unclear about FET's conjecture concerning the formation of the structure of the theorized flat earth

I believe they hold the position that no one knows how it formed.

Theorising is verboten in Zetetic thought.  Quite plainly we dont know how the earth-plane was formed, for all we know its always existed.

Most flat-earthers are religious people who think the Bible claims the earth is flat.  That's why they think the earth is flat... or at least, that's why they claim it is.  So, they think God made it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Most flat-earthers are religious people who think the Bible claims the earth is flat.

Actually, many of the FE'ers on this site are atheists or agnostics.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Most flat-earthers are religious people who think the Bible claims the earth is flat.

Actually, many of the FE'ers on this site are atheists or agnostics.

I've heard this... doubt it's true.  Besides... Rowbentham used his failed experiments to prove the validity in the Bible.  He actually conspired with the church to terrorize Round-Earthers as blasphemers.  Also, isn't the general consensus among FET that "sky gears" are controlled by angels?
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Also, isn't the general consensus among FET that "sky gears" are controlled by angels?

It is not. At least no more so than people still believing that Ra carries the sun across the sky in a barge.

Also, isn't the general consensus among FET that "sky gears" are controlled by angels?

It is not. At least no more so than people still believing that Ra carries the sun across the sky in a barge.

What controls sky gears?  Because I think the only explanation (and I've been away from the forum for a while) I've ever heard about the origin of FE or the controller of sky gears is God and angels.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

Theorising is verboten in Zetetic thought.  Quite plainly we dont know how the earth-plane was formed, for all we know its always existed.

How do you know that the Earth always existed in its FE form?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

Where does he say that he does?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

"for we know it always existed"

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

"for we know it always existed"

"For all we know it's always existed"

That extra word makes a world of difference, no?

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
That sentence is for Kendrick to clear up.

honestly though even with the word all in there. It still sounds like Kendrick is saying that it always existed because there is no evidence that it has not.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
That sentence is for Kendrick to clear up.

honestly though even with the word all in there. It still sounds like Kendrick is saying that it always existed because there is no evidence that it has not.

The phrase "for all we know" actually implies a lack of certainty.  It's a fairly common turn of phrase.  His sentence is crystal-clear.

?

BoatswainsMate

It does seem to, but does that not also imply a slight beliefe that goes along with using that statement. Unless he is being sarcastic like "for all we know the Earth is a rocket ship"

It does seem to, but does that not also imply a slight beliefe that goes along with using that statement. Unless he is being sarcastic like "for all we know the Earth is a rocket ship"

if his sentence was crystal clear, then there would be no debate.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

It's hardly either my or Kendrick's problem that some of the REers on this site seem to have a problem with understanding the English language.  The intent of the statement was crystal-clear.  If you or Boatswainsmate don't grasp it, maybe give www.rif.org a shot.

It's hardly either my or Kendrick's problem that some of the REers on this site seem to have a problem with understanding the English language.  The intent of the statement was crystal-clear.  If you or Boatswainsmate don't grasp it, maybe give www.rif.org a shot.

It's hardly my problem if you or Kendrick struggle with expressing clearly what's in your mind. Or whit the dubious idea of FET, which is clearly a very lame theory.

I'm not surprised by the tone of you message, half patronizing, half despizing which is so common with you.

And I'm not surprised that in this debate, if there's a misunderstanding, it is never your fault.

––––––

Back to the debate: no one has an idea of how the FE was formed?

No brilliant zetetic observation which might lead to an idea?

Oh, you don't know? Ok, you can resume considering us as idiots.

?

burt

in rowbothams pseudo-zeteticism, yes.  zetecism is also not outto  state or prove anything but to question all hypothesis, which requires a theoretical constrcut to do so. the flat earth as a hypothesis is actually believed by people who follow rowbothams thinking, therefore ejecting them from any pretense of zetetic thought.

?

burt

but it is your problem that what you think they misunderstand is the english language.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
It's hardly my problem if you or Kendrick struggle with expressing clearly what's in your mind.

But Kendrick did clearly express what was on his mind.  The "debate" started because BoatswainsMate misread what Kendrick wrote, continued because BoatswainsMate apparently doesn't understand what the phrase "for all we know" means, and you seem to have jumped in because... I don't know, maybe just to argue with a FEer?  At any rate, Kendrick's meaning was absolutely crystal-clear and any "debate" over what he said was clearly due to a lack of reading comprehension.  I don't see why linking to a site that might help you folks out in an area where you seem to genuinely need it is so awful.  I'm sorry I tried to help.

but it is your problem that what you think they misunderstand is the english language.

This was clearly a case of BoatswainsMate misunderstanding the English language.  BoatswainsMate does not understand what the phrase "for all we know" means.

?

burt

It's hardly my problem if you or Kendrick struggle with expressing clearly what's in your mind.

But Kendrick did clearly express what was on his mind.  The "debate" started because BoatswainsMate misread what Kendrick wrote, continued because BoatswainsMate apparently doesn't understand what the phrase "for all we know" means, and you seem to have jumped in because... I don't know, maybe just to argue with a FEer?  At any rate, Kendrick's meaning was absolutely crystal-clear and any "debate" over what he said was clearly due to a lack of reading comprehension.  I don't see why linking to a site that might help you folks out in an area where you seem to genuinely need it is so awful.  I'm sorry I tried to help.

This was clearly a case of BoatswainsMate misunderstanding the English language.  BoatswainsMate does not understand what the phrase "for all we know" means.

Look up catagorical error, Roundy: he didn't misunderstand the english language.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

Look up catagorical error, Roundy: he didn't misunderstand the english language.

Okay, I looked up catagorical (sic) error.  What does that have to do with BoatswainsMate not understanding what "for all we know" means?

?

BoatswainsMate

What ever you want to claim is fine with me Roundy. Just know that "for all we know" is implying the possibility that something could be true.

"For all we know that dog had a hard life"

The person is saying that the dog might have had a hard life, but he is not sure or there is a possibility.

I understand what the phrase means. I hope you realize you are sounding like a complete tool.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
What ever you want to claim is fine with me Roundy. Just know that "for all we know" is implying the possibility that something could be true.

Yes.  Your point?

?

burt

Okay, I looked up catagorical (sic) error.  What does that have to do with BoatswainsMate not understanding what "for all we know" means?

It doesn't. it has to do with what you accused REers of.

p.s the [sic] was a little cheeky. I happen to be dyslexic. moreover,  this aint an academic journal.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:33:25 PM by burt »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
It doesn't. it has to do with what you accused REers of.

I never accused REers on the whole of anything.

?

BoatswainsMate

Yes.  Your point?

That you apparently need the Rif site more then any other here.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

Yes.  Your point?

Why?  I never said that he wasn't allowing for the possibility that the Earth has always been, and your query was regarding how he can know that the Earth has always been... which (again) isn't something he ever stated. 

Tell me what I'm misunderstanding, please.  I was gracious enough to do it for you.

?

BoatswainsMate

Yes.  Your point?

Why?  I never said that he wasn't allowing for the possibility that the Earth has always been, and your query was regarding how he can know that the Earth has always been... which (again) isn't something he ever stated. 

Tell me what I'm misunderstanding, please.  I was gracious enough to do it for you.
That is what I was saying the whole time. That he believes in the possibility that the Earth has just always existed. Jesus are my writing skills that bad... maybe I should take a class.