Abduction! - A forum Game

• 1270 Replies
?

Thork

Re: Abduction! - A forum Game
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »
Like I said, if he doesn't come back. If he's not coming back, it makes no odds.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
I'm inclined to think that Skeleton really is the tinfoil hat.  It would be a pretty clever strategy if he was an alien hoping to cement his immunity among us, or the gun nut hoping to trick an alien into abducting him - but this is Skeleton we're talking about.  He isn't smart enough to think something like this up.  Even if another alien was the one who conceived the plan, Skeleton wouldn't cooperate with it.  You saw the ragequit wall of text he posted, and his final "fuck you" by outing Cheesus as the gun nut.  That's him behaving in character.  He's not a team player.  He wouldn't put himself out there, possibly risking getting lynched, for the good of the team.

That being said, although I do believe that Skeleton is probably the tinfoil hat, I'm not so sure we should take his word for it that Cheesus is the gun nut.  I believe that he has had two chances to ask his questions so far.  I don't think it's logically possible to glean any solid information from just two rounds of the vague questioning.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
I had a PRIVATE message from Skeleton several hours ago, saying words to the effect of "screw you all, I'm never coming back". If he doesn't come back in a few days, I will post it for your entertainment.

Please don't.

Please do.

Lorddave

« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:02 PM »
I'm inclined to think that Skeleton really is the tinfoil hat.  It would be a pretty clever strategy if he was an alien hoping to cement his immunity among us, or the gun nut hoping to trick an alien into abducting him - but this is Skeleton we're talking about.  He isn't smart enough to think something like this up.  Even if another alien was the one who conceived the plan, Skeleton wouldn't cooperate with it.  You saw the ragequit wall of text he posted, and his final "fuck you" by outing Cheesus as the gun nut.  That's him behaving in character.  He's not a team player.  He wouldn't put himself out there, possibly risking getting lynched, for the good of the team.

That being said, although I do believe that Skeleton is probably the tinfoil hat, I'm not so sure we should take his word for it that Cheesus is the gun nut.  I believe that he has had two chances to ask his questions so far.  I don't think it's logically possible to glean any solid information from just two rounds of the vague questioning.
And even if he has 3 days, I think it's a fair assessment that he shouldn't know what he says he knows.  So if he is the tin foil guy, he's jumping to far more conclusions than he should be.

Guess 1 - (A) Gun(B) Village (C) Alien
Guess 2 -(A) Village (B) Gun (C) Alien
Guess 3 (A) Alien (B) Village (C) Gun

With three guesses, all the same people, It's still impossible to tell who is who because they all shift. 
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
We'll make it interesting. If he hasn't come back by the time the game is over + the villagers win, I will post it. So get your act together villagers.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2011, 04:08:59 PM »

And even if he has 3 days, I think it's a fair assessment that he shouldn't know what he says he knows.  So if he is the tin foil guy, he's jumping to far more conclusions than he should be.

Guess 1 - (A) Gun(B) Village (C) Alien
Guess 2 -(A) Village (B) Gun (C) Alien
Guess 3 (A) Alien (B) Village (C) Gun

With three guesses, all the same people, It's still impossible to tell who is who because they all shift. 

It's conceivable that he's narrowed down one or two roles (if he's gotten lucky), but you're right, he can't possibly know all he claims to.

At least he's playing the part well.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
It can be a combination of him not understanding logic and certain people being revealed by lynchings/abductions. All that means is that someone between none and some of what he said is true.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »
So, who is to be lynched next?

Lorddave

« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
So, who is to be lynched next?

One of the quiet ones I think.  Just so we can get rid of any potential "I'm staying silent" pod people.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Marcus is being quiet again. Get Marcus.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
Raist should be written out of the game by now, shouldn't he?  Hasn't he missed voting three times?

Marcus is being quiet again. Get Marcus.

I agree.  We should lynch Marcus.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Vindictus

« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
There's too many talking corpses. Also, Marcus shouldn't be suspected on the basis of being quiet. He'll be back soon, swearing at each of us for condemning him.

Lorddave

« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »
I'll go with Marcus. I have no issues with that.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »
It's night time, corpses are allowed to talk. Go for Marcus.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
There's too many talking corpses. Also, Marcus shouldn't be suspected on the basis of being quiet. He'll be back soon, swearing at each of us for condemning him.

At this point we have already lost, so go ahead and lynch me.  Thork suspects me merely because he always wants to kill me in every game, Particle is so insistent on it and I have no idea why.  Why Roundy is pushing people to lynch me is very suspicious.  Wendy and Lorddave also rub me the wrong way, they are all too much in agreement.

So lynch me then if that is what it takes to prove my innocence, but be aware of those who are pushing the bandwagons.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #435 on: August 19, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
I was pretty damn certain Thork wasn't an alien, now, can we work together and give reasons WHY we should lynch Marcus? Thork was kind of just, "LOL ITS THORK LETZ DUE IT." Now, Marcus is right, Thork does go after him from game to game. Does anyone else have a good reason to lynch Marcus?

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »
The MIB, whomever they are, should pick me tonight if it isn't too late, once you get your answer, reveal it to one of the dead.  I usually am against such tactics except for the fact the tin foil hat may have just revealed our gun nut.

Oh and if you do this do not reveal it too thork.  He is way too hellbent on seeing me die, whether I am an alien or not, as evident of the PM he sent me earlier.

Vindictus

« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
Fucking hell, this game brings out too much drama.

I don't suspect Roundy or Wendy so much. Lorddave is suspicious.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #438 on: August 19, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
I had a PRIVATE message from Skeleton several hours ago, saying words to the effect of "screw you all, I'm never coming back". If he doesn't come back in a few days, I will post it for your entertainment.

Please don't.

Please do

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #439 on: August 19, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Skeleton is getting all sad over a game? What a whiner.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #440 on: August 19, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »
It is impossible for skeleton to have figured out who is what.  Its too soon and not enough guesses to figure it out.  I suspect he is an alien and trying to distract us with this tin foil crap.  I'm not buying it. 

And to whomever offered me up a couple of pages ago.  Total Alien.  He should be next.

Lorddave

« Reply #441 on: August 19, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »

As you should suspect me.  You should suspect everyone.

But note: I didn't want to Lynch Thork.  I was right.  If I were an Alien, wouldn't it have been easier to simply jump onto the bandwagon and vote for him?

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #442 on: August 19, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »

But note: I didn't want to Lynch Thork.  I was right.  If I were an Alien, wouldn't it have been easier to simply jump onto the bandwagon and vote for him?

I didn't think Thork was an alien either, just an idiot.

Lorddave

« Reply #443 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »

I didn't think Thork was an alien either, just an idiot.
Exactly.  And do you see me wanting to lynch you?  Of course not.  I'm all against Cheesus.  Unless he really IS the gun nut.  Then I'm not because that would be stupid.

Vindictus

« Reply #444 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
I think Skeleton was right, which is shit. He's never proven himself able to orchestrate such grand trolling. For now, I'm assuming Cheesus is the gun nut. I don't suspect Wendy or Roundy so much because they've already offered to vote for themselves, even though that means little.

We really need more than just guesswork.

« Reply #445 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »
I think Skeleton was right, which is shit. He's never proven himself able to orchestrate such grand trolling. For now, I'm assuming Cheesus is the gun nut. I don't suspect Wendy or Roundy so much because they've already offered to vote for themselves, even though that means little.

People offering to have themselves lynched are actually very suspicious. After all, who's going to lynch somebody who asks for it, rite?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #446 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »

I've been trying to get more than guesswork. No one is rolling or throwing out ideas. I have an idea, but if I mention it now, it could ruin what I'm waiting to see.

« Reply #447 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

I've been trying to get more than guesswork. No one is rolling or throwing out ideas. I have an idea, but if I mention it now, it could ruin what I'm waiting to see.

I have an idea. Marcus Aurelius Antonius Augustus is not of this world.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #448 on: August 19, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »

I have an idea. Marcus Aurelius Antonius Augustus is not of this world.
You're dead and not the MIB. I'll wait and see what others say.

Vindictus

« Reply #449 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

People offering to have themselves lynched are actually very suspicious. After all, who's going to lynch somebody who asks for it, rite?

That's the thing. If they're the most suspicious, and they vote for themselves accordingly, it fits. Thork looked suspicious for the same reason, he just insisted he was a villager.

So, Aliens, take note. Vote for yourself!