Why would the government WANT to convince us the earth is round?

• 73 Replies
Re: Why would the government WANT to convince us the earth is round?
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:00 AM »

Well, it would certainly be rude of me not to respond in that case!

As explained, and restated by others, I do not believe in FET and my entire post was a complete fabrication. However, it's an interesting mental exercise and as such I shall strive to rebuke your points nevertheless!

I realize this. I never said that I thought you believed this to be fact. I said I think it's absolutely ridiculous, so I proceeded to try and explain to you why. It's just so obvious that the people on this site have created all of these ridiculous theories and ideas in their head. Just to cover up all of the gaping holes in their story. Not to mention their lack of evidence for everything they claim.

The first reason that this story is absolutely ludicrous. Is that people had commonly thought the world was round since the 18th and 19th century, depending on what society you lived in. LONG before the nuclear bomb... or any sort of bomb for that matter.

Let's imagine

Yes, let us... as that's the only way this story could ever be taken seriously, in our imaginations.

once more, being in the shoes of the president of Russia. You are alerted that America struck first. Those capitalist pigs have launched enough nukes to cover your glorious motherland and you and your country will perish.

You could launch nukes back but what if America manages to shoot down your missiles before they reach? Your revenge would certainly not be sweet. But there is a different way. A way to make America suffer to the end of times, if not be as completely wiped out as you will be in a couple of hours. You can blow that ice wall up. They can't stop that. Sure, humanity as a whole will suffer for this but what do you care? You, your family and your entire country will be dead anyway!

LOL (sigh)

Yes, the best way to get revenge would obviously be to kill everyone. Including innocent people all over the world. That will show those americans!

Your argument, glernrrglenn, is that you have faith in no human being with the ability to launch a nuke to think like that. I think that's a little optimistic.

Yes, I do have complete faith that no leader would ever launch a nuke with the intention to destroy the entire world. Including his own country men, and family. It would prove nothing.

It didn't happen, sure. Does that mean it couldn't have happened? Does that mean that you, as someone who discovered the weak point of the earth wouldn't feel much safer if you didn't reveal said weakness?

So, let me get this straight. In between the US's strike on Russia, and before Russia struck back. The U.S. had time to convince the Russian leaders, and the majority of the rest of the world, that the Earth is round? That's not unreasonable or anything.

But then the wall could be threatened sometime in the future if tension ever started again. There's also the matter of terrorists and crazies in general. Maybe nukes aren't even necessary? A dedicated group religious nutjobs could perhaps bury some explosives before anyone managed to stop them and make a crack wide enough for the pressure of the oceans to do the rest of the job. Better not to risk it.

Again, the world was commonly thought to be round as early as the 18th and 19th century. A lot of society's accepted this as early as the 1500's.

People would ask what kept the oceans in. Plus, everyone would want to see the edge of the world. Nobody cares about seeing the south pole.

Yes, and what would be the problem with any of this? Also, are you saying you don't believe in Antarctica, or the south pole?

I believe I did, though! The best part about the "for the good of humanity" angle is that you wouldn't need to bribe people nearly as much for them to keep mum. You would only need to explain the real reason and make sure they agree.

This doesn't explain anything. You would have to bribe everybody, as every astronomer would discover the earth is flat. It also doesn't explain why you would spend the money to build all of these fake space stations, and space ships. It would cost billions, and you'd have to keep paying off more people as time progress's. Up and coming scientist's, astronomer's, physicist's, etc... There would be TONS of people who would want to talk. There's also ALWAYS that guy that you wouldn't able to pay off as well. There would be so many loose ends. This round earth conspiracy wouldn't even last a freakin month.

I'm not enraged... I'm just in disbelief. There is not one comment I have read on here, with any type of evidence to back their claims. It's all just a bunch of ridiculous made up stories to cover up the GAPING holes in this flat earth nonsense.

?

Felix (R)

• Brotherhood of FES
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
The thread says ''why would'' not ''why does''.  You inherently asks for what you have recieved and now you complain endlessly.  The person you are adressing in your last post is not an FES brotherhood supporter.  People thought the earth was round long before the 16th century. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:55:28 AM by Felix (R) »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »
My personal theory is that when NASA found out about the shape of the earth, they realized that if people found out about it, they'd by extension learn of the faked space program.

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
Yes, the best way to get revenge would obviously be to kill everyone. Including innocent people all over the world. That will show those americans!

Yes, I do have complete faith that no leader would ever launch a nuke with the intention to destroy the entire world. Including his own country men, and family. It would prove nothing.

I guess I just don't share your optimism; people are xenophobic dicks! Even now we're wearing clothing, driving cars, using computers and enjoying luxury only made possible by child slave labour and some half of the world living in misery. In the history of humanity, you'll find that civilians being killed in war, unintentionally or not to be pretty goddamn common. Literally every single country has a system in place where they train a good portion of their men to be combat-ready because they simply don't trust the rest of humanity not to invade them, kill them and take their stuff. If we had cared so much about the rest of the world, would this really be the case?

Also he wouldn't be killing his own country men because in the scenario described they'd be practically dead already.

So, let me get this straight. In between the US's strike on Russia, and before Russia struck back. The U.S. had time to convince the Russian leaders, and the majority of the rest of the world, that the Earth is round? That's not unreasonable or anything.

You said it yourself, RET has been around for quite some time. All they had to do was to let people keep believing.

Quote from: pseudonym
People would ask what kept the oceans in. Plus, everyone would want to see the edge of the world. Nobody cares about seeing the south pole.

Yes, and what would be the problem with any of this? Also, are you saying you don't believe in Antarctica, or the south pole?

You asked why they couldn't just reveal the earth's shape without revealing the ice wall. Revealing the former without the latter would be problematic.

This doesn't explain anything. You would have to bribe everybody, as every astronomer would discover the earth is flat. It also doesn't explain why you would spend the money to build all of these fake space stations, and space ships. It would cost billions, and you'd have to keep paying off more people as time progress's.

Then it's quite handy that the NASA budget is billions!

As for people squealing, the point is valid enough. However, with the "it's for the good of humanity"-angle, I'd certainly think it less likely than the current "just for greed"-theory. You also have to remember how few people there are hypothesized to actually know the truth.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:23:02 PM by pseudonym »

FEisBS

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »
To sell designer globes covered in precious gems. Those things are expensive.

Why would you want that hahahahahahahahaha
Quote from: 17 November
Ok, so what if I'm retarded. At least I know what I'm talking about...

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
The thread says ''why would'' not ''why does''.  You inherently asks for what you have recieved and now you complain endlessly.  The person you are adressing in your last post is not an FES brotherhood supporter.  People thought the earth was round long before the 16th century.

"Complain endlessly"? I've posted two reply's. I'm only on this site when I feel like getting a good laugh.

Yes, I did ask "why would". I got a reply, and I responded. Is that a problem for you? I'm sorry... am I not allowed to respond to an answer in my own thread?

"The person you are addressing in your last post is not an FES brotherhood supporter." Good to hear. Now I know I'm dealing with a capable human being.

"People thought the earth was round long before the 16th century". Yes, however... this was not a common thought at all, until around the 16th century. Very few bought into it. In fact, the church killed people in order to "silence them from their blasphemous".

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »
My personal theory is that when NASA found out about the shape of the earth, they realized that if people found out about it, they'd by extension learn of the faked space program.

Yes... of course. Giving away the real shape of the earth, would somehow mean that it was impossible to travel through space. LOL

Also, if NASA was completely a fraudulent space program. Why in the hell would they have power over whether to publicize, or not to publicize anything. It doesn't exist (according to you people), therefore it wouldn't matter what "they" thought.

Your theory is much too simple. You'd also have to come up with a theory on how the world has been kept in the dark like this. How they bribed EVERY single up and coming scientist.... Every powerful politician. EVERYONE! Not just in the U.S.... EVERYWHERE! EVERY GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD, would have to be working together now for centuries! Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. I also want to hear a decent argument (not theory) on how you all "KNOW" NASA is fake.

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
I guess I just don't share your optimism; people are xenophobic dicks! Even now we're wearing clothing, driving cars, using computers and enjoying luxury only made possible by child slave labour and some half of the world living in misery. In the history of humanity, you'll find thatry has a system in place where they train a good portion of their men to be combat-ready because they simply don't trust the rest of humanity not to invade them, kill them and take their stuff. If we had cared so much about the rest of the world, would this really be the case?t civilians being killed in war, unintentionally or not to be pretty goddamn common. Literally every single country.

None of this even has to do with what you replied to. I realize there are things in the world that are messed up. It doesn't take a scientist to figure this out. We're human beings. There's always going to be problems. Of course a country should train a military in order to protect their country LOL. There will always be war. It's in not only our nature, but every species nature to fight for more freedoms... more territory. What does unnecessary war and suffering, have to do with somebody wanting to destroy all of mankind? It's also in our nature to try to survive. No matter what condition we are in.

Also he wouldn't be killing his own country men because in the scenario described they'd be practically dead already.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. We dropped multiple nuclear bombs on Japan, and their civilization survived. Their leader survived. They had to rebuild like crazy, but in the worst nuclear war zone to date... the country survived. Also, again... why would he destroy the entire human species? His country's territory would still belong to his people who survived. That brings up another point... Why wasn't the world destroyed when we dropped those nuke's on Japan?

You asked why they couldn't just reveal the earth's shape without revealing the ice wall. Revealing the former without the latter would be problematic.

Yes, and your answer led me to believe that you do not believe in Antarctica. So I asked you if you believe Antarctica does NOT exist. Not a hard question to answer.

Also, that's not what I asked. I asked why couldn't they reveal the entire "truth", including the ice wall.

Then it's quite handy that the NASA budget is billions!

Wow... I might give up on this now. This could be the dumbest, and most irrelevant thing I have heard here yet. NASA IS FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT! Do you think their money is just being grown on TREES, in their courtyard!? OUR GOVERNMENT would still be paying BILLIONS for a useless PROGRAM. NASA has costed BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of dollars.

ESA and NASA are by far the highest funded agencies. The Russian space agency has an annual budget of $800-900 million dollars (and it's about the same for India), Japan ~1.8 billion, China ~1.2 billion. America has spent hundreds of billions... Russia isn't far behind. This is all supposed to be in support of some BIG JOKE? LOL! WE EVEN GOT THE INDIANS AND JAPS TO GO ALONG WITH IT! Who knew we were such great pals all these years!? Letting each other in on our little conspiracies!

Okay... Let me calm down now. Whew....

As for people squealing, the point is valid enough. However, with the "it's for the good of humanity"-angle, I'd certainly think it less likely than the current "just for greed"-theory. You also have to remember how few people there are hypothesized to actually know the truth.

(HUGE FACEPALM)

"You also have to remember how few people there are, who actually know the truth" I just... I just... Wow.... Hold on....

EVERY YEAR there are millions of up and coming scientists. JUST IN THE U.S. Within no time, these people (physicist's, astronomer's, etc...) would ALL figure out that the earth is flat. THIS IS NOT A "FEW" PEOPLE. Then figure in the other hundreds of millions of these scientists, astronomers, etc... there are. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE TO BE BRIBED. THAT'S if they don't speak out first. You might even be able to make more money, and gain more attention by speaking out. Let's not forget that either. There's also always the group of people who won't sell out. This is all BEYOND impossible. My apologies for my obvious frusturation, but it's just as if common sense doesn't get through to this group of people.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:46:17 PM by glennrrglenn »

?

Felix (R)

• Brotherhood of FES
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 08:10:11 PM »

"Complain endlessly"? I've posted two reply's. I'm only on this site when I feel like getting a good laugh.

Yes, I did ask "why would". I got a reply, and I responded. Is that a problem for you? I'm sorry... am I not allowed to respond to an answer in my own thread?

"The person you are addressing in your last post is not an FES brotherhood supporter." Good to hear. Now I know I'm dealing with a capable human being.

"People thought the earth was round long before the 16th century". Yes, however... this was not a common thought at all, until around the 16th century. Very few bought into it. In fact, the church killed people in order to "silence them from their blasphemous".

If you would have asked why does you may have elicited a better reply.  The FES brotherhood is not just about promoting the belief of the Flat earth but the broader topic of NASA's obvious wrong doing that I have been documenting since 75'.  see the thread on this forum I have started called ''A great place to start''. 

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
To sell designer globes covered in precious gems. Those things are expensive.
Only you are stupid enough to buy one.

You don't think this looks cool?

This globe is actually not for sale. It is from the museum in Teheran Iran, it was made for some Persian king.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2011, 12:58:51 PM »
Imagine that you're a scientist working on space exploration in the 1960s. There is a very real threat of America and Russia engaging in global thermonuclear war. You discover something: Earth has a weak point. There's a wall of ice surrounding our planet which, if struck with atomic weaponry, would drain the oceans and vastly destroy our ecosystem to the point of making the planet uninhabitable for human life and most other life as well.

Would you wish to share this information to the world? Would you trust either superpower to not launch a couple of nukes at the ice wall out of spite in the moments impending the destruction of their country? It would be, I imagine, as a giant, final "screw you" to the world. People are crazy, bloodthirsty, unstable and greedy. That's why wars happen in the first place.

Earth can easily be destroyed, and it's best that most of humanity doesn't know about it.

Wouldn't revealing the truth prevent people from stupidly nuking the ice wall.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »

Humanity has the unfortunate tendency to do the exact opposite of what is prudent. And even then, accidents happen. And even then, crazy people happen.

Which is one of the reasons why the conspiracy in implausible - such a large coalition of people behind a lie and not one person decides to reveal the truth?
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

?

Felix (R)

• Brotherhood of FES
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »

Humanity has the unfortunate tendency to do the exact opposite of what is prudent. And even then, accidents happen. And even then, crazy people happen.

Which is one of the reasons why the conspiracy in implausible - such a large coalition of people behind a lie and not one person decides to reveal the truth?

There are people who have attempted to reveal the so called truth about aliens and area 51, first hand accounts and all sorts of documentation and for what.  These people are relegated to B-rate DVD's you can buy at wal mart for 1.00.  If you have a little sense, it makes much more to keep it to yourself.

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »
Imagine that you're a scientist working on space exploration in the 1960s. There is a very real threat of America and Russia engaging in global thermonuclear war. You discover something: Earth has a weak point. There's a wall of ice surrounding our planet which, if struck with atomic weaponry, would drain the oceans and vastly destroy our ecosystem to the point of making the planet uninhabitable for human life and most other life as well.

Would you wish to share this information to the world? Would you trust either superpower to not launch a couple of nukes at the ice wall out of spite in the moments impending the destruction of their country? It would be, I imagine, as a giant, final "screw you" to the world. People are crazy, bloodthirsty, unstable and greedy. That's why wars happen in the first place.

Earth can easily be destroyed, and it's best that most of humanity doesn't know about it.

Its just as easy to simply fire 35 atomic weapons at the same time, it would cause nuclear winter and destroy the earth, and its no secret.