Proof the Moon is not a flat disc.

• 200 Replies
?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
Re: Proof the Moon is not a flat disc.
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

Do you honestly believe it just a coincidence that in your model the moon is a 400th the size of the sun and 400 times closer to the earth than the sun, rotating at a rate of 400km a day with the earth only rotating 100 times less than that?   And the moon has a rotational speed of 1% of an earth day?  That the sun can fit 109 earths around it, and at the same time have 109 earths between it and the earth?  A moon that was supposedly made from the earth, jumped up to the perfect spot for eclispes to exist, and sat there?

Yeah ok.  I guess the flat earth model is more coincidental.  Thanks for clearing that up.

A lot of things you're speaking of there (the rotational speeds) are not coincidences, they are the effect of long term gravitational resonance. Many examples of this exist throughout the solar system, not that you believe in the solar system. Plus eclipses are not the "perfect" coincidence that they are often described as. Sometimes an annular eclipse occurs and the Moon appears too small to block out the Sun. If the Moon were 1/3rd larger again we'd no longer get annular eclipses but the total eclipses we see would look pretty similar, but with totality lasting longer. You'd still easily see the corona of the Sun stretching out behind the Moon. The distance of the Moon is also increasing gradually so no, it didn't "jump up" to where it is today. One day we will have no more total eclipses.

You're a joke.

And still you don't answer my question directly.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
Give it up guys.

You can't stop James from saying what he'll say because he's saying it for the laughs.  He's only riling you up then laughing at his computer as he reads how frustrated you are.

If we were to ignore him, he'd go away.

Thats not true, many of us believe in biolum life on the moon.

So you say, but if you guys have taught me anything here it's that I should doubt everything anyone here says.
And frankly, lying is just way too easy.  I could very easily make a new account, post a "scientific paper" on how the Earth is flat, and you'd all think I was brilliant, parade it around like it was the new bible, and not bother to question that I may not be one of you.
Are you saying that I made an account, faked it for four years, created a flat earth group and am beginning another one, travelled to the antarctic, spent most of my free time the span of those 4 years working on Flat Earth related research for no possible or reasonable motive?

The mental gymnastics you round earthers do when something conflicts with your belief is amazing.

How do I know you went to Antarctica?  How do I know you did any research?  It would take me about 2 days to make up a bunch of figures.

And yes, you could.  You believe in the Conspiracy so why can't I believe you're not trustworthy?
I don't believe in the conspiracy.

I posted on these forums from the boat which any moderator other than myself can verify by the ip posted.  I also sent a postcard to a Round Earth member on this forum from the tip of South America to prove I had made the trip.  If Gayer reads this thread, I'm sure she will verify this.

You can review my 4 years of posts if you don't believe I've been working on FET 4 years while here, though I suppose without visiting me in knoxville to see my notebooks you won't believe me that I worked extensively before that.  

That still leaves no motive at all;  I also get prejudiced about my beliefs daily and they could very well effect my ability to procure work.    I don't see why someone would go as far as I do just to be prejudiced in my non-flat earth life.

Also the flat earth groups, the BBC interview, personally ensuring the online presence continued during 2008, etc.  

But you are free to believe what you wish.  All I'm saying is that it would ludicrous to assume I did this much work for what amounts in your mind to a joke.

That said, lets keep this on topic.  If you'd like I'll split this topic for further conversation on the matter.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Lorddave

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
Give it up guys.

You can't stop James from saying what he'll say because he's saying it for the laughs.  He's only riling you up then laughing at his computer as he reads how frustrated you are.

If we were to ignore him, he'd go away.

Thats not true, many of us believe in biolum life on the moon.

So you say, but if you guys have taught me anything here it's that I should doubt everything anyone here says.
And frankly, lying is just way too easy.  I could very easily make a new account, post a "scientific paper" on how the Earth is flat, and you'd all think I was brilliant, parade it around like it was the new bible, and not bother to question that I may not be one of you.
Are you saying that I made an account, faked it for four years, created a flat earth group and am beginning another one, travelled to the antarctic, spent most of my free time the span of those 4 years working on Flat Earth related research for no possible or reasonable motive?

The mental gymnastics you round earthers do when something conflicts with your belief is amazing.

How do I know you went to Antarctica?  How do I know you did any research?  It would take me about 2 days to make up a bunch of figures.

And yes, you could.  You believe in the Conspiracy so why can't I believe you're not trustworthy?

I posted on these forums from the boat which any moderator other than myself can verify by the ip posted.  I also sent a postcard to a Round Earth member on this forum from the tip of South America to prove I had made the trip.  If Gayer reads this thread, I'm sure she will verify this.

You can review my 4 years of posts if you don't believe I've been working on FET 4 years while here, though I suppose without visiting me in knoxville to see my notebooks you won't believe me that I worked extensively before that.  

That still leaves no motive at all;  I also get prejudiced about my beliefs daily and they could very well effect my ability to procure work.    I don't see why someone would go as far as I do just to be prejudiced in my non-flat earth life.

Also the flat earth groups, the BBC interview, personally ensuring the online presence continued during 2008, etc.  

But you are free to believe what you wish.  All I'm saying is that it would ludicrous to assume I did this much work for what amounts in your mind to a joke.

That said, lets keep this on topic.  If you'd like I'll split this topic for further conversation on the matter.

Very well, I'll drop the matter to stay on target.
I'm just annoyed that nothing seems to have any impact here.  No data, no evidence, nothing.  It's rather annoying.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
And still Davis does not answer my question directly.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
No, you don't. You just say you do for the lulz.
When have I ever stated non-belief in FET?

You don't have to say it. We can all tell, the way a courtroom can tell a murderer is lying if he is really unconvincing.
You claimed I said I do it for the "lulz".

Substantiate this claim.  Unless you just spout shit you can't back up. 
I'll answer you when you answer me.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »

So hw bot dem rockits

Xerox

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

You don't have to say it. We can all tell, the way a courtroom can tell a murderer is lying if he is really unconvincing.

Substantiate this claim.  Unless you just spout shit you can't back up. 

I asked you first!  Nanny nanny boo boo!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 10:21:04 PM »

Substantiate this claim.  Unless you just spout shit you can't back up.  

I asked you first!  Nanny nanny boo boo!
Keep contentless posting out of the forums.

Sliver

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »

Actually, his post does have content.  You stated that you would answer him when he answered you  However, his question was asked first, which he pointed out.  The "Nanny nanny boo boo" was just for effect.  His point still stands, you have yet to answer his question.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »

Actually, his post does have content.  You stated that you would answer him when he answered you  However, his question was asked first, which he pointed out.  The "Nanny nanny boo boo" was just for effect.  His point still stands, you have yet to answer his question.
He either didn't ask me a question or is using multi accounts and needs a longer ban.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

Given what he says means nothing, it is off topic and contentless.

Keep it on topic, this is a warning.

Xerox

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
^^ Come on John Davis.  You know you all are just arguing like little kids.  And contentless posts?  So I guess you saying, "I'll answer you when you answer me."  gets a lot done in the way of content?  

Banning me for pointing out your childishness in debating with the other user will just make you look even more childish.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:06:10 PM by Xerox »

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »

This man is either part of the conspiracy, or the moon is not a flat disc.

Which is it?

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 04:34:44 AM »

He either didn't ask me a question or is using multi accounts and needs a longer ban.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

Given what he says means nothing, it is off topic and contentless.

Keep it on topic, this is a warning.

Your kidding, right? Are people really being bant for this?
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:58 AM »

Which is it?

;D ;D It looks like a huge weather system and bio-luminiscent lifeforms to me  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:13:39 AM by corleone »

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »

Another image. The moon as a flat disc MUST be thrown out. Period.

Xerox

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »

Another image. The moon as a flat disc MUST be thrown out. Period.

This is obviously a fake image.  And even if it was real, I don't see how this would prove anything.   :P

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »

Which is it?

;D ;D It looks like a huge weather system and bio-luminiscent lifeforms to me  ;D ;D
Indeed, that is clearly what is seen here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:38:47 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »

Really? you see THAT picture and the first thing that you think is "bio-luminiscent lifeforms and weather systems" ?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

Really? you see THAT picture and the first thing that you think is "bio-luminiscent lifeforms and weather systems" ?
When I see that picture its clear that a weather system is moving across the face of the sphere-like moon.  The light from the moon is clearly from life forms due to its harmful effects the fact that it expels bio-matter.

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »

When I see that picture its clear that a weather system is moving across the face of the sphere-like moon.  The light from the moon is clearly from life forms due to its harmful effects the fact that it expels bio-matter.

Where do you see the weather system? I see only lots and lots of craters iluminated by a source of light. How do you know so "clearly" that the light from the moon is due to life forms?

how do you know that it's harmful? And don't pint me out to the royal navy warning, because every single day millions of people are exposed to moonlight and nothing happens. Where is your evidence?

how do you know that it expels bio-matter? And if you are going to tell me about bloodrains and that sort of things, prove me that those "things" come from the moon, please. How do you know?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

John, could you reword that last sentence so that it makes more sense, please?  Its kinda hard to follow.  Are you suggesting that the bio-luminescence generated by the bio-matter is harmful to the bio-matter itself?  Why would it evolve that way?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

John, could you reword that last sentence so that it makes more sense, please?  Its kinda hard to follow.  Are you suggesting that the bio-luminescence generated by the bio-matter is harmful to the bio-matter itself?  Why would it evolve that way?  ???
Sorry, my fault.
"The light from the moon is clearly created by bio-matter.  This can be seen from its harmful effects and the fact that the moon expels waste material."

A defense mechanism.  Obviously it is not harmful to itself but to other life forms.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
"The light from the moon is clearly created by bio-matter.  This can be seen from its harmful effects and the fact that the moon expels waste material."

A defense mechanism.  Obviously it is not harmful to itself but to other life forms.

Ahh...  So now we're talking about an entire lunar ecosystem.  Just out of curiosity, would this be similar to the ecosystem that H.G. Welles proposed in his novel The First Men in the Moon?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:42:54 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Xerox

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

Ahh...  So now we're talking about an entire lunar ecosystem. 

Now we're talking about a serious nutcase.  This guy needs his head checked.

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 12:08:22 AM »

Sorry, my fault.

How do you know all these things?

Please, answer my other questions too. I'm higly interested.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

Sorry, my fault.

How do you know all these things?

Please, answer my other questions too. I'm higly interested.

We can see the waste material periodically in blood rain, manna, etc.  It is clear that these are non-terrestial of origin and must come from the heavens via aether eddies.

It must be a defense mechanism due to its harmful effects on other life.

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »
We can see the waste material periodically in blood rain, manna, etc.  It is clear that these are non-terrestial of origin and must come from the heavens via aether eddies.

Why is so clear?? How do you know that they come from the moon?

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »

BLOOD RAIN! THERE'S NO EXPLANATION SO IT COMES FROM
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

All terrestrial sources have been ruled out.  As Sherlock Holmes would say, once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.