Climates?

• 47 Replies
Climates?
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:31:34 PM »
If earth was flat woundnt the climates all be the same. Like how do explain the equator and a ice wall is impossible if the earth was flat because the climates would all be like the equator.

Lorddave

Re: Climates?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
Magical sun movements, angles, and what-not.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »
If earth was flat woundnt the climates all be the same. Like how do explain the equator and a ice wall is impossible if the earth was flat because the climates would all be like the equator.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Temperature+Variations

Xerox

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »
Ah, I love it when Bishop posts links to FE wiki pages.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »
Especially when he links to pages that he wrote.  It's as if he's declaring himself an authority.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
Especially when he links to pages that he wrote.  It's as if he's declaring himself an authority.

Of course he is.  Don't you know that anyone who writes on a Wiki is an expert?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
Looking at Tom Bishops link....

Why would the Sun sometimes focus light down and sometimes focus light on an angle?

That doesn't make any sense.

Lorddave

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:34 PM »

Why would the Sun sometimes focus light down and sometimes focus light on an angle?

Bendy Light makes it work because Bendy light bends light based on whatever it needs to bend to make it work.

Makes sense doesn't it?

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »

Well not only that but he forgets that north of the equator is winter when south is summer. So maybe he can explain why a sun directly over the equator would be hotter to one side of the equator and cooler on the other.

Maybe he can also explain why the sun is round from wherever you look at it and maybe he can also explain why the winter sun looks lower in the sky than the summer sun?

Over to you Tom Bishop.

(Guys how can I insert a jpeg? I added a few things to Toms picture in his link lol)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:26:53 PM by EarthISroundISproven »

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »

Well not only that but he forgets that north of the equator is winter when south is summer. So maybe he can explain why a sun directly over the equator would be hotter to one side of the equator and cooler on the other.

Maybe he can also explain why the sun is round from wherever you look at it and maybe he can also explain why the winter sun looks lower in the sky than the summer sun?

Over to you Tom Bishop.

*Tom Bishop Impression*

Read the Wiki then read "Earth Not a Globe".

*end Tom Bishop Impression*

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »

Tom I add a few things to your diagram and suddenly it makes no sense! Maybe you can solve the mysteries, esp as Melbourne and Tokyo are equidistant either side of the equator? Also days are longer in summer and shorter in Winter. You might wanna rethink your theory on Temperarture Variations then, yes?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:42:27 PM by EarthISroundISproven »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »

Tom I add a few things to your diagram and suddenly it makes no sense! Maybe you can solve the mysteries, esp as Melbourne and Tokyo are equidistant either side of the equator?

Well, for starters,  in FET the sun is not over the equator in the northern hemiplane summer.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:45:58 PM »

Well, for starters,  in FET the sun is not over the equator in the northern hemiplane summer.

It's NOT! But Tom clearly says the where the sun points down it is hottest. That has to be the equator.

He writes;

"The question, "why is the equator warmer than the poles" may be answered by the following illustration:--
When sunlight shines from overhead (on left), one square foot of sunlight falls on one square foot of ground. When it shines at a shallow angle (on right), each square foot of sunlight spreads out over many feet of ground."

Now is he going to say that the hottest parts of the planet are not indeed the equator?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:50:14 PM by EarthISroundISproven »

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

Well, for starters,  in FET the sun is not over the equator in the northern hemiplane summer.

It's NOT! But Tom clearly says the where the sun points down it is hottest. That has to be the equator.

He writes;

"The question, "why is the equator warmer than the poles" may be answered by the following illustration:--
When sunlight shines from overhead (on left), one square foot of sunlight falls on one square foot of ground. When it shines at a shallow angle (on right), each square foot of sunlight spreads out over many feet of ground."

Now is he going to say that the hottest parts of the planet are not indeed the equator?

The equator is closest to the sun during the middle of spring/autumn. The tropics are the closest points in their respective summers.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
The equator is closest to the sun during the middle of spring/autumn. The tropics are the closest points in their respective summers.

We know that because we understand the earth's orbit around the sun. But by Tom's diagram it would be impossible for Tokyo and Australia to have the different seasonal mean temperatures that we know they do have, given the equator between them. If the sun does shift north (which it would have to a fair way given the reduced size of the FET sun) then Australia would snow over in winter.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »

We know that because we understand the earth's orbit around the sun. But by Tom's diagram it would be impossible for Tokyo and Australia to have the different seasonal mean temperatures that we know they do have, given the equator between them. If the sun does shift north (which it would have to a fair way given the reduced size of the FET sun) then Australia would snow over in winter.
You're making assumptions about the FE sun's size and distance and effects thereof. Don't.

Lorddave

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:48:24 AM »

You're making assumptions about the FE sun's size and distance and effects thereof. Don't.

I don't know, the Tom Bishop universe clearly has the sun at 32 miles wide at a height of 300,000 miles.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:41:13 AM »
*Tom Bishop Impression*

Tell us honestly: have you done either?

Tom I add a few things to your diagram and suddenly it makes no sense! Maybe you can solve the mysteries, esp as Melbourne and Tokyo are equidistant either side of the equator? Also days are longer in summer and shorter in Winter. You might wanna rethink your theory on Temperarture Variations then, yes?

What's hilarious about this is that having made a big song and dance about how Tom just refers people to the wiki, Earth Not a Globe and the FAQ, RE'ers show exactly why they need to do all these things.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »

What's hilarious about this is that having made a big song and dance about how Tom just refers people to the wiki, Earth Not a Globe and the FAQ, RE'ers show exactly why they need to do all these things.

Err seeing as part of that diagram came from Toms Wiki, yes I have been there. In fact it is so child like in it's science that my whole reason fro being here is to show just how dumb it is. See no FEer can argue the point on the mapping thing because I KNOW what I'm talking about. So you resort to playground ridicule instead of for example developing a mathematical counter arguement to something like say Gnomonic projection. Tell you what...why don't you tell me why that couldn't possible work even though it does?

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
*Tom Bishop Impression*

Tell us honestly: have you done either?

I've read some of the entries.  Not all of them in one sitting but I've looked for some things in there. 
I tried reading "Earth is not a Globe" and didn't get past the first chapter before I realized that this was going to be nothing more than someone justifying their observations with whatever he wanted.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »
This is what drives me mad. I have no problems with anyone presenting alternate ideas but when it's based on poor or unproven science and then defended no matter what, then it's going to always be difficult to win any kind of scientific debate. And by win I mean any kind of concession that there are aspects of RET that are true. Even more annoying is the unwillingness of some FEers to put anything to the test. In another thread Raa is at least attempting to form some kind of experiment/ process to create a working flat earth map. I'm even happy to participate because the data collection methods are straightforward. He at least is willing to see for himself if the maths can produce a flat earth map that works, instead of parrot fashion, insisting the world is flat because TB's wiki says it is.

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
Or,how about tom just cites the book in an arguement.It makes no sense to tell people to read an entire book when you can save them time like that.especially when its a book that writes about heaven and hell.

Lorddave

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »
Or,how about tom just cites the book in an arguement.It makes no sense to tell people to read an entire book when you can save them time like that.especially when its a book that writes about heaven and hell.

And you'd think that, with the most entries into the Wiki, that he'd be an expert on the subject and be able to point us to the exact entry we need to read.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »
Toms Wiki entries are all bullshit though. Everythinhg he says is just hot gas.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

Lorddave

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »

Sooo....

Can we shoot him into space?

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »

Sooo....

Yes plz!
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

Sooo....

Yes plz!

No becuase his entertainment value is priceless. Whenever I see he's posted I just have to read it lol.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 05:27:23 AM »
Err seeing as part of that diagram came from Toms Wiki, yes I have been there. In fact it is so child like in it's science that my whole reason fro being here is to show just how dumb it is. See no FEer can argue the point on the mapping thing because I KNOW what I'm talking about. So you resort to playground ridicule instead of for example developing a mathematical counter arguement to something like say Gnomonic projection. Tell you what...why don't you tell me why that couldn't possible work even though it does?

Implication: in this thread, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I've read some of the entries.  Not all of them in one sitting but I've looked for some things in there. 
I tried reading "Earth is not a Globe" and didn't get past the first chapter before I realized that this was going to be nothing more than someone justifying their observations with whatever he wanted.

So that's a 'no' then. When you've done so, you can make whatever claims you like about their relevance or validity. But until then, stop acting like Tom's advice isn't totally pertinent. How can you decently argue FET if you haven't read the most basic information about it?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Xerox

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »
So, Wilmore, I have to ask.  Why do you simply pick apart people's statements so much?  You'd do better to contribute FE ideas that we can use to further our understanding.

Lord Wilmore response possibilities:

- Read the Wiki/Earth not a Globe
- You're not contributing anything either (or something to that affect)
- Or he will just quote me and nitpick away my statement

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
He has no counter arguement so he has to resort to jibes like a five year old. Pathetic. Basically he can't argue with me. He KNOWS that nautical mapping and the log data from mariners is pretty difficult data to dispute so now he's resorting to calling us all liars and stupid on various threads. Spat the dummy because he's losing the debate.