Someone kill me...please?

• 41 Replies
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »
Sometimes people question me as to my cynicism regarding humanity. I show them this forum. Normally I am questioned no further...that or my cynicism is merely increased and I never talk to said person again.
       I have never in my life seen such a load of absolute tripe in my entire life; it's at times like these when I feel the need to make use of the extensive vocabulary taught to me by my father when he had returned from work, however I shall refrain, just in case it could in any way whatsoever further scar a child on this site. I've read through countless threads, seen countless arguments...and just wanted to die at the absolute stupidity, feigned or otherwise, of the FE'ers. Really, just die. In a hole. A deep one.
       Firstly, disregarding any photo as a fake is ridiculous. You seem to not have heard of anything such as inductive reasoning, as all science is based upon, nor Occam's Razor, that or you merely ignore it. I read the absolute rubbish about a manned ice wall. That conspiracy post? Fifty people only in upon it (the RE conspiracy). If you were any more stupid someone would have to go round watering you twice a week.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Someone kill me...please?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »
You seem to not have heard of anything such as inductive reasoning, as all science is based upon, nor Occam's Razor, that or you merely ignore it.

I've heard of it.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Occams+Razor

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »
- No one really believes that the Ice Wall is guarded. There's only one person who believes that. The 150 foot Ice Wall at the coast of Antarctica is free for anyone to visit.

- There is a giant wall of ice on the Antarctic coast

- Occam's Razor supports FET in the matter of space travel and the mechanism for gravity
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:48:51 PM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
You however do not deny the Earth is accelerating upwards. As such it will have reached the speed of light by now, for 'gravity' in FE terms to be possible. This is impossible.

You're wrong.

From the FAQ:

Q: "Doesn't this mean we'd be traveling faster than the speed of light, which is impossible?"

A: The equations of Special Relativity prevent an object from accelerating to the speed of light. Due to this restriction, these equations prove that an object can accelerate at a constant rate forever, and never reach the speed of light. For an in depth explanation:  Click here.

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
You however do not deny the Earth is accelerating upwards. As such it will have reached the speed of light by now, for 'gravity' in FE terms to be possible. This is impossible.
        There're so many other problems with it...actually I give up, the lot of you are complete and utter...what's the technical term again?...ah yes: penguins.
I agree. the FEers are total idiots.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
The 150 foot Ice Wall at the coast of Antarctica is free for anyone to visit.

- There is a giant wall of ice on the Antarctic coast

Too bad it doesn't surround the rest of the continents as you so believe, because you can travel around it, not it travel around you.

What I mean by that is, if you were to hop in a boat and sail along it's coast, It would constantly bend away from you on the larger scale (not taking into accounts bays and peninsulas) and you would find that it is an 'island', not a boundary.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
You seem to not have heard of anything such as inductive reasoning, as all science is based upon, nor Occam's Razor, that or you merely ignore it.

I've heard of it.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Occams+Razor

The motion of the night sky and the presence of two celestial poles. Let's see you try to shave THAT with Occam's Razor, Bishop.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
        There're so many other problems with it...actually I give up, the lot of you are complete and utter...what's the technical term again?...ah yes: penguins.

y? ur not educated enough to debate us? uh oh mister "im-so-smart" is getting his ass kicked by bishop. u changed the topic to earth accelarating after bishop disproved ur attacks. wat now?

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 07:51:39 PM »

y? ur not educated enough to debate us? uh oh mister "im-so-smart" is getting his ass kicked by bishop. u changed the topic to earth accelarating after bishop disproved ur attacks. wat now?
I find this post hilarious. Anyone else?

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
- No one really believes that the Ice Wall is guarded. There's only one person who believes that.
Whos that?
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

OmgHAI

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »

you are perfectly capable of doing this yourself
<3 <3 <3
You ravers are not nearly as awesome as you think you are.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »

Suicide is a sin in most religions and is considered tacky by many atheists.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

OmgHAI

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:18 AM »

Suicide is a sin in most religions and is considered tacky by many atheists.
That doesn't take away his ability to do it successfully
<3 <3 <3

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 08:06:04 AM »

I find this post hilarious. Anyone else?

Ah ha ha ha ha. Ripping good laugh.
My city was betrayed by the weak..

OmgHAI

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »
I think my references to my impending death were probably hyperbole.
Edit: I found coming back and reading this thread truly hilarious.
Prove it
<3 <3 <3

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
I think my references to my impending death were probably hyperbole. Just a suggestion. And yep, you're right; I'm just not intelligent enough to argue with someone who believes the Earth is flat. Sorry; I disappoint myself.
     Oh, and on a side note; yes, you're right that you COULD accelerate indefinitely towards the speed of light, but the speed of acceleration would slow more and more and more and more....and more. Which means the 'gravity' caused by this would change. To an outsider it would appear that we never met the speed of light, as time would slow down. Yet as 'insiders', this planet has been around for millions, or billions, of years. Even if we took the Archbishop Usher's approach of the world being 6,000 years old, then we would still have gone beyond the speed of light, for the acceleration to keep the gravity constant. Remember, the speed of light is a constant.

You don't have to have fun! Just fly over the ice wall, and NASA agents will take you out. Or you'll fall off the edge of the earth.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 03:48:58 PM »
I think my references to my impending death were probably hyperbole. Just a suggestion. And yep, you're right; I'm just not intelligent enough to argue with someone who believes the Earth is flat. Sorry; I disappoint myself.
     Oh, and on a side note; yes, you're right that you COULD accelerate indefinitely towards the speed of light, but the speed of acceleration would slow more and more and more and more....and more. Which means the 'gravity' caused by this would change. To an outsider it would appear that we never met the speed of light, as time would slow down. Yet as 'insiders', this planet has been around for millions, or billions, of years. Even if we took the Archbishop Usher's approach of the world being 6,000 years old, then we would still have gone beyond the speed of light, for the acceleration to keep the gravity constant. Remember, the speed of light is a constant.

certain flat earth researchers hav looked at this interesting problem. wat they came up with is that it is possible that an object called the sub-moon is under the earth is propelling the earth upward. thnx for coming back more humle and with an open mind!

?

Drdevice

• Deus of Machina
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »
I know this does not pertain directly to this topic but I feel that it must be stated.

I dislike Occam's Razor because it can be twisted to support just about anything. I mean whats simpler in the following statement.

Being able to see all the way to the horizon with out any detail being lost, but not being able to see beyond means the world is round.

or

Due to bendy light the horizon is an illusion it is really the point at which light deflects enough for it to be noticeable. This means the world is flat.

What is simpler? The first observation didn't have to come up with an excuse other than the world must be round.

A force that has not been observed is pushing the entire planet at an unimaginable speed up to simulate gravity, while everything else in the universe uses gravitation to hold itself together and change things on earth. While earth is the only thing that does not follow the gravitation. (please correct me if I'm wrong) Or every thing is flat (which I think would be the simpler one)

or

A force who's source has yet to be discovered or explained causes particles go group together based on there weight forming larger and larger objects till all the matter in the local area has been collected or is moving to fast. This causes planets and stars to form and causes things on the planets to stick to the surface.

Ah ok here's a better one that's not fet related.

The gorrilla is white due to an unbelievably small partials that tell it how to be made cause it to be that way.

Or

It's white because some one scared it really badly and it stuck.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:23:26 AM by Drdevice »

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »
Prove it

Well, surely the fact I have yet to die proves it to some extent. Other than that I can offer little other than my assurances that I have little intention of killing myself. ;)

And yeah, I could go to the ice wall and do that...or I could not...as let me reiterate: I do not want to kill myself. Most of the time anyway. It was hyperbole; ya know, exaggeration for effect. :P

It's spely hyper bowl.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
Prove it

Well, surely the fact I have yet to die proves it to some extent. Other than that I can offer little other than my assurances that I have little intention of killing myself. ;)

And yeah, I could go to the ice wall and do that...or I could not...as let me reiterate: I do not want to kill myself. Most of the time anyway. It was hyperbole; ya know, exaggeration for effect. :P

It's spely hyper bowl.

I assume you mean spelt? Rather than spely? And if so then you're wrong. So shut the fuck up and wallow in your wrongness, my wrong friend. Who, did I mention, is wrong. :)

stop ignoring my posts u time wasting foul-mouthed jerk! y dont u answer me?!

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
I admit it. And also because your assertion, completely unfounded and without evidence, fails to make any kind of sense, nor solve my conundrum relating to the speed of light, and it's (im)possibility.

Starting sentences with 'and'?  ;)

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
Oh, how I love debating the semantics of the English tongue.  ;D

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 08:54:17 AM »
Prove it

I know a great social worker. Want her phone number?
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

OmgHAI

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

You started it. :P

u r da bgist dumazz evar
<3 <3 <3

OmgHAI

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »
I don't know. How about you figure it out
<3 <3 <3

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »
Oh, how I love debating the semantics of the English tongue.  ;D

u r da bgist dumazz evar

Please say that was irony?
You're an idiot.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:32:06 PM by 2fst4u »

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »

u r da bgist dumazz evar
You're an idiot.

LOL YOU PUT IT IN THE WRONG PLACE!
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

OmgHAI

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »
LOL POINT AND LAUGH! but in all seriousness you should fix that
<3 <3 <3

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »
Oh, how I love debating the semantics of the English tongue.  ;D

No I didn't

u r da bgist dumazz evar
You're an idiot.

LOL YOU PUT IT IN THE WRONG PLACE!
Nah I actually fixed it as soon as I posted. At least my failure was fixable after my own realisation. His is just stupidity.

OmgHAI

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
Yeah his fail was pretty stupid
<3 <3 <3