im new =]

• 26 Replies
im new =]
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »
i just wanted to throw this out there, when regestering for this forum you must agree to a terms of usage which states "you agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false"

REers.. get outta here.
Burn The Land And Boil The Sea, You Can't Take The Sky From Me.

Re: im new =]
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 01:03:10 PM »
yeah.
because we ALL know that the 32 mile sun is right up there on solid proven facts. don't just sit there and bash, you self-righteous FEer.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
actually, it makes perfect sense. the only proof you have against a disk sun are your "pictures."

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
actually, it makes perfect sense. the only proof you have against a disk sun are your "pictures."

And that it looks round from all angles, rather than elliptical as a disc would. Next.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
lol@thread

frostee

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 03:33:38 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how noobs fall for an apparent FE believer who only has < 10 posts
Recently religious due to the impending rapture.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how noobs fall for an apparent FE believer who only has < 10 posts

Yeah, the Something Awful article of us was full of that.  The majority of the quotes they posted were from obvious trolls posting ridiculous things.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »

Yeah, the Something Awful article of us was full of that.  The majority of the quotes they posted were from obvious trolls posting ridiculous things.

So fairly representative of the majority of forum content then...
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »

The majority of the forum, or just the majority of what you post in?  Anyway, that wasn't the point.  The article was full of sarcastic comments and lame attempts to be witty.  The author clearly thought that everyone was serious.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
I wonder if this is a Nord alt

Spacehopperjoe

• He dosnt sleep, he waits.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 01:25:40 AM »
"you agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false"

This is a fair point, seeing as the FE?ers have absolutely no independently verified research, or evidence and really only have pseudo science to back up their claims, surly the website should implode upon itself due to its own rules?
Read the FAQ first, it will save half of you looking like fools!

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 01:43:50 AM »
"you agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false"

This is a fair point, seeing as the FE?ers have absolutely no independently verified research, or evidence and really only have pseudo science to back up their claims, surly the website should implode upon itself due to its own rules?

QFT, but really, I think that rule in the sign up is more of a relic then anything. There are a lot of untrue postings. Just look at the Evolution deniers in the Alternative Science, or the entire CN section.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 05:55:31 AM »

of course, because if you don't shove your opinions down others throats, then your opinion doesn't matter.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »

of course, because if you don't shove your opinions down others throats, then your opinion doesn't matter.

What?  Frostee was just pointing out that it ought to be obvious that a new person who claims to be an ardent FE'er, is, in almost all cases, an unoriginal troll.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:43 AM »

The majority of the forum, or just the majority of what you post in?  Anyway, that wasn't the point.  The article was full of sarcastic comments and lame attempts to be witty.  The author clearly thought that everyone was serious.

I came here after reading that article. It portrayed the flat guys as total crackpots. After spending some months here I can conclude that all the people who genuinely claim to believe flattism ARE crackpots. But there are lots of trolls as well. However, the trolls are almost no different in appearance from the true believers, so essentially SA did give an accurate view.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »

I came here after reading that article. It portrayed the flat guys as total crackpots. After spending some months here I can conclude that all the people who genuinely claim to believe flattism ARE crackpots. But there are lots of trolls as well. However, the trolls are almost no different in appearance from the true believers, so essentially SA did give an accurate view.

No different in appearance?  The trolls are the ones who have very low post counts, only joined within the past few days, and in the threads they start, the response from the regulars is almost unanimously "Old", "troll", etc.  I agree that there are genuine FE'ers who post stuff almost as ridiculous as what the trolls say, but a little context shows a world of difference.  The genuine FE'ers have high post counts and have been here a while, and most importantly of all, their threads show that their ideas are taken seriously and discussed by the community, rather than immediately being labeled as trolls.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »
.......it was a joke. >_<
Get it?
Because the earth is round...
So this whole forum is dedicated to proving the "unprovable."

And... "Suddam"? I have a question.. Are you saying that there can't be any new believers to a forum? Perhaps a young person who has felt all their life that the government was hiding something, stumbled upon a forum such as this and felt, for once, that they knew what had been missing, that maybe, a flat earth made sense to them. Perhaps an older man who has always believed the earth is flat but has never known anyone to share their beliefs got tired of feeling so alone and looked up flat earth believers on the internet at their local library. Maybe a young man and woman just married and the man believes in a flat earth and the woman wishes to learn more about it, so she gets online and does some research and, what do you know? TheFlatEarthSociety.org.

A group of people can not survive if they don't multiply, and by the looks of it, FEers are not multiplying if they have followers so doubtful in others.

And a lack of proof is a downfall too.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
.......it was a joke. >_<

That has been done at least twenty times before.  You're not original, and you're not funny.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »
So you replied to three words of my post and ignored my valid point about new believers? You call yourself "Saddam Hussein" and believe the earth is flat. Do you even want flat earth to look like it could be possible or do you simply delight in feeling different? The only "evidence" you have is that your theory can't be disproved, though it has been over and over again. I've read your replies to other disbelievers and you always have a rebuttle for them but when I have a genuine question, you simply ignore it and degrade me by calling me unoriginal. 

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
That was like a big slab of fail quorn.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
So far, in the one topic I've posted, FEers have only been able to call me names. I asked a question and still haven't gotten an answer. Why don't you think a new believer would find theflatearthsociety.org and make an account? Is it because that doesn't happen or because you know your theory is too ridiculous to ever be considered?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
So far, in the one topic I've posted, FEers have only been able to call me names. I asked a question and still haven't gotten an answer. Why don't you think a new believer would find theflatearthsociety.org and make an account? Is it because that doesn't happen or because you know your theory is too ridiculous to ever be considered?

First of all, not a single FE'er has posted in this thread so far.  As for your question, we aren't necessarily opposed to the idea that a new believer might join, but a non-troll would introduce themselves normally, and probably talk about FET or something related.  You, on the other hand, skipped right over the introduction phase and headed straight for the controversy, by making a dismissive and arrogant comment towards RE'ers.  That just screams "troll".

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 04:47:44 PM »

First of all, not a single FE'er has posted in this thread so far.  As for your question, we aren't necessarily opposed to the idea that a new believer might join, but a non-troll would introduce themselves normally, and probably talk about FET or something related.  You, on the other hand, skipped right over the introduction phase and headed straight for the controversy, by making a dismissive and arrogant comment towards RE'ers.  That just screams "troll".

I know I'm trolling, you don't have to keep bringing that up.
And thank you for answering my question. It only took you a page and a half to do so. You could have skipped all the name calling and gone straight to that. =]

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 05:49:27 AM »
chalk one up for believer23.

and believer... you're a browncoat too?
or do you just like the theme song?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:56:55 AM by mellifluousmoose »

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
Woah, I never expected to find another browncoat, especially in a forum like this. Who's your favorite character? And episode?

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »
OMG!!!! this is awesome!!!!
 i love Zoey and Wash!!!!!
 and heart of gold is my favorite episode!!!!!
this is epic!
new thread?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »
"Some people juggle geese."

Anyways, keep on topic or what not.