I have a question about the stars

• 16 Replies
I have a question about the stars
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »
I live in Chile (South hemisphere), we have the most powerful telescopes in mount "La Silla", mount "Tololo", etc...

Why, if the earth is Flat, can't see the same stars that see, for example: the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan????

Even I with my own amateur telescopy, or simple looking up the sky, I don't see the same stars that I see in the north hemisphere.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:38:26 AM by nocreyente »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: I have a question about the stars
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:44:04 AM »
Too far away horizontally speaking, because of the shallow angle between observer and star, there's too much atmolayer to look through.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
Ok...you are coming out with a bunch of big made up words. What is the atmolayer? Searching on google turns up nothing which leads me to believe it's a word made up on these forums.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »
Ok...you are coming out with a bunch of big made up words. What is the atmolayer? Searching on google turns up nothing which leads me to believe it's a word made up on these forums.

"Atmolayer" is indeed a neologism used almost exclusively by FEers.  It refers to the same thing you refer to as the "atmosphere", but corrected to reflect that the Earth is flat.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:19:19 AM »
Too far away horizontally speaking, because of the shallow angle between observer and star, there's too much atmolayer to look through.
So, because of the "atmolayer" (your version of our Atmosphere) I can see, in my southern hemisphere, stars to the south, east, west and UP, but not the northern stars????
the same for the north hemisphere, they can see stars to the north, east, west and up, but not the southern stars?
Very weird your atmolayer....
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »

Very weird your atmolayer....

The word that comes to my mind is 'magical'.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:52 PM »
The atmolayer contains the same properties as the atmosphere. Are you suggesting the atmosphere is magical as well?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
The atmolayer contains the same properties as the atmosphere. Are you suggesting the atmosphere is magical as well?

The atmosphere exists due to the properties of a spherical earth. Scientifically the atmosphere or atmolayer couldn't exist in the same sense with a flat earth, with no gravity and an upwards force of the earth moving upwards there is nothing to keep the atmosphere from spilling over the edge as such.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
The atmosphere exists due to the properties of a spherical earth. Scientifically the atmosphere or atmolayer couldn't exist in the same sense with a flat earth, with no gravity and an upwards force of the earth moving upwards there is nothing to keep the atmosphere from spilling over the edge as such.

There is nothing to keep it in? Where did you find this information?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

There is nothing to keep it in? Where did you find this information?

Well at first thought i assumed the 'ice wall' all you lot keep chatting on about could possibly keep the atmosphere in with your warped sense of science. But then the ice wall is only 150ft high. So then i suppose the UA could keep it there. But then the atmolayer would become spread so thin, whilst still moving upwards at the same rate at the Earth that it wouldn't really be an atmosphere. The very same reason there is a need for an ice wall to keep water in. Air flows much the same as water. If there is nothing keeping it centred around an area, i.e. gravity, then it will flow off the fastest route. In the flat earth sense, this would be to the sides spread out so thinly that life couldn't exists.

Ok just found a section about it in the FAQ. They really need to bold each Q in that thing to make it more obvious.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:37:13 PM by Overdriven »

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »

WHAT?!?!?  ???

Nothing has to do the atmosphere with my question... YOU answer me about the atmolayer and do the paralel between the atmolayer and atmosphere.

The why I can't see the northern star is not because the atmosphere, is because of this:

So explain me the atmolayer again and don't use the atmosphere this time. Nothing to do in RE and stars view.
- Albert Einstein

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
Well, without specifics I can't answer anything for you accurately.

In short, the reason some things are not visible because air is not clear. Air density and the fact the atmosphere is a gradient presents a compounding effect; that plus the vanishing point leads to not being able to see things.
objectively good

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »
Well, without specifics I can't answer anything for you accurately.

In short, the reason some things are not visible because air is not clear. Air density and the fact the atmosphere is a gradient presents a compounding effect; that plus the vanishing point leads to not being able to see things.
I said don't use the atmosphere because you have the "atmolayer", I show you why I can't see the same stars that you see in northern hemisphere. the atmosphere nothing have to do here.

The air is clear at night in the Atacama Desert... and steel looking at north I can't see the northern stars, but looking to south I can see all the southern stars. Why is possible?
Is not the same look the horizon or thing on earth ground, that look at the sky.
- Albert Einstein

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »
Also, the air pressure gradient makes earth look like more flatter, not rounder ;)

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
The air is clear at night in the Atacama Desert... and steel looking at north I can't see the northern stars, but looking to south I can see all the southern stars. Why is possible?

I think someone might have had an idea for why this occurs, but I'm not sure of the specifics.
objectively good

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:42:09 AM »
That's a very intelligent question. For FEers, i want to make another one (or maybe is the same but from other point of view). How is it possible (in a flat earth) that from Sydney and Buenos Aires i can see exactly the same stars and from Madrid, for example, i can see a completely different ones.
Let's make it clear: Open your map of the flat earth. Situate Sydney. Ok, it's in a side of the earth. In Sydney we can see a certain number of starts. Now we leave Sydney and go to Madrid (nearest to the centre of the flat earth than Sydney). In Madrid I can see a completely different stars. Now i move to Buenos Aires (in the other side of Sydney). Here I can see exactly the same stars than in Sydney. How is it possible?
In to very distants points (Sydney and Buenos Aires) I can see the same stars and in an intermediate point of them i see a completely different ones....

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »
The dark energy combines with the pressure the dark matter creates while under the influence of the atmoslayer, penetrates your mind, and makes you THINK you see that stars, while in a flat-Earth reality, you don't. Don't be fooled by NASA's mind control.

(Ahem)

Actually, there's no point in asking any legitimate question on these forums, when they can just use their fake words and false idea of reality to talk their way out of it, trying to sound smart. Don't even bother posting a proof that Earth is round.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:59:41 AM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.