EXPLAIN THIS

• 106 Replies

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
Quote from: "TheScales"

if the earth is flat then radio waves would be too, right?

Let's see...Flat earth = flat radio waves?  The very nature of EM radiation prevents them from being 2D.  So does this mean round earth = round waves?
Then since is 99x broadcast from a 150 foot tall (approx.) antenna, i shouldnt be able to recieve the signal, when i'm about 141 feet below where it is broadcast from.

'Then since is 99x' is nonsensical.  What is 99x? Are you saying that the radar won't reach you because you are 141 ft below the dish at the base of it or 500 miles away?

I'm on a higher level of thinking than you are

Yea, I severely doubt that.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 11:42:01 AM »
psouza4, if satellites (like echostar) worked like solar powered helicopters then the FE Theory and Satellites could co-exist.
arth is an incorrect spelling of the name of our planet. It's Uarth. Hah!

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »
psouza4, if satellites (like echostar) worked like solar powered helicopters then the FE Theory and Satellites could co-exist.

Do FE's have reason to believe they do (satellites working similarly to solar-powered helicopters)?  Other than its relevant possibility?  (this again goes back to the "it's possible that it's magic" perspective, but I'm trying to debate based on science, which is supported by data -- so does any exist?)

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 11:48:17 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

if the earth is flat then radio waves would be too, right?

Let's see...Flat earth = flat radio waves?  The very nature of EM radiation prevents them from being 2D.  So does this mean round earth = round waves?
Then since is 99x broadcast from a 150 foot tall (approx.) antenna, i shouldnt be able to recieve the signal, when i'm about 141 feet below where it is broadcast from.

'Then since is 99x' is nonsensical.  What is 99x? Are you saying that the radar won't reach you because you are 141 ft below the dish at the base of it or 500 miles away?

I'm on a higher level of thinking than you are

Yea, I severely doubt that.

yes, round earth = round waves... in a sort. They are broadcast in every direction.

"Are you saying that the radar won't reach you because you are 141 ft below the dish at the base of it or 500 miles away?"
it's obvious you havent googled 99x.

"Yea, I severely doubt that."
Doubt all you want, but you're always gonna be the idiot who thinks the earth is flat.  :D

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
Quote from: "psouza4"

Do FE's have reason to believe they do (satellites working similarly to solar-powered helicopters)?  Other than its relevant possibility?  (this again goes back to the "it's possible that it's magic" perspective, but I'm trying to debate based on science, which is supported by data -- so does any exist?)

i dunno i was just thinkin of any way a satellite could work under FE's conditions.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 11:55:08 AM »

yes, round earth = round waves... in a sort. They are broadcast in every direction.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day.  The waves may be broadcast in every direction, but this doesn't make them round, they are still linear.  
Doubt all you want, but you're always gonna be the idiot who thinks the earth is flat.  :D

When have I ever said it was?

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:06 AM »

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day.  The waves may be broadcast in every direction, but this doesn't make them round, they are still linear.  

When have I ever said it was?

-- Bob Hudson

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »
Then why are you part of the flat/non flat debate?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »
Because of statements like flat earth = flat radio waves / Round earth = round radio waves.

-- Bob Hudson

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 12:56:39 PM »
but why debate it? most of the FE'ers would be stupid enough to believe it!

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

I never said they werent linear, i was simply at a loss of words for an explination. radio waves are emited and the move in every direction, like an enlarging bubble. thats what i meant by "round".

i assume that if the earth were flat then instead of the "bubble" it would be like a disc.

it was an attempt to confuse. it's not like anyone CAN know if radio waves would act like that on a flat planet, since there isnt a flat planet to use to test it on.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 03:40:02 PM »

i assume that if the earth were flat then instead of the "bubble" it would be like a disc.

it was an attempt to confuse. it's not like anyone CAN know if radio waves would act like that on a flat planet, since there isnt a flat planet to use to test it on.

I know how they would act on a flat planet: The same way they do on a RE.  Radio waves behave in a very regular pattern in three dimentions.  Since a FE is also three dimentional, they would behave the exact same way.
but why debate it? most of the FE'ers would be stupid enough to believe it!

Actually, some of the dumbest things I have ever heard have come from RE'ers who have their own rediculus ideas as to why the world works as it does.

-- Bob Hudson

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 08:22:33 PM »
So, what do you believe? Flat or Round?

and you cant say for 100% sure that radio waves wouldnt act different on a flat earth, simply because you dont have a flat earth to test radio waves on. :)

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »
Then why are you part of the flat/non flat debate?

Not to put words in the Engineer's... keyboard, but maybe he's not part of a flat/non-flat debate.  Maybe he's picked different teams than you have.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 09:50:29 PM »
Unimportent wrote: 100% correct. Using basic trig you would easily see the sun is 3000 miles above the surface of the flat earth.

and using this same logic it is easy to see that the increase in global temperatures since the 1800s is caused by the decline in the numbers of pirates.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »
Quote from: "FungusMcUncle"
Unimportent wrote: 100% correct. Using basic trig you would easily see the sun is 3000 miles above the surface of the flat earth.

and using this same logic it is easy to see that the increase in global temperatures since the 1800s is caused by the decline in the numbers of pirates.

How is it the same logic?  The former is the construction and evaluation of a mathematical expression, whereas the latter is a claim about causation.  How do you propose to relate them?

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "FungusMcUncle"

How is it the same logic?  The former is the construction and evaluation of a mathematical expression, whereas the latter is a claim about causation.  How do you propose to relate them?

Speak english. I cant understand that. Using "former" and "latter" makes your statements ambiguous.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »
Using "former" and "latter" makes your statements ambiguous.

No, speaking English makes my statements ambiguous.

Speak english.

"Former" and "latter" are extant English words.

I cant understand that.

I refuse to lower my standards of discourse by any degree, merely to confine it to the limits of somebody else's literacy.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 11:06:38 PM »
Hah, my literacy is fine. I'm probably the most literate person here. I'm just a lazy bastard who doesnt like to think alot. This thread is getting redundant though.

Desu

• yaranaika.
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 11:08:30 PM »
Hah, my literacy is fine. I'm probably the most literate person here. I'm just a lazy bastard who doesnt like to think alot. This thread is getting redundant though.

I don't care if you're on my side, I had to, for the sake of irony.
Quote from: sam712
It must suck living in Richmond.
Since June 2006.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 11:10:51 PM »
well, actually i dont like to think even a little... hahaha.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 05:58:11 AM »
you have no way of proving that the pirate/global warming correlation isn't correct.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »
awesome.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 12:29:18 PM »
Quote from: "FlatAnus"
you have no way of proving that the pirate/global warming correlation isn't correct.

Pirate incidents have actually been on the incline as of late.  So, what does this mean for global warming?

-- Bob Hudson

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »
may i just answer the original question, with.. another question, just out of interest, where did you learn that this happens? im guessing from school right? or from a book, or an internet site, all controlled by the govornment.
Case Closed
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 01:15:37 PM »
Quote from: "pringles"
may i just answer the original question, with.. another question, just out of interest, where did you learn that this happens? im guessing from school right? or from a book, or an internet site, all controlled by the govornment.
Case Closed

Start justifying or start losing posts.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 01:19:22 PM »
what is there to justify? i am simply stating the govornment has complete control over what we learn, and through this, we cannot know the "truth"
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
Then how can you claim flat earth is the truth?  How do you know you're not just completely falling under the government's plan to believe in a flat earth?

See, the earth is really a figure 8.  They perpetuate the round earth so noone will know the true form.  And to further keep people from discovering the truth, they purposely leak out details of the earth being flat and details of a huge global conspiracy.  So now, instead of thinking "hey, earth is round", you think "but it is really flat!", when in fact, it is a figure 8.

Your belief in the flat earth is exactly what the giant global conspiracy wants you to believe, and you're just another tool in the giant "figure-8" cover-up.

EXPLAIN THIS
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »
stonicus, im liking the way you think, so you are aware, im neither a FE or a RE i am purely trying to uncover the truth, if you can give me reason to believe in this "figure 8" i will more than gladly fight your cause to, but atm, im FE all the way

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
I will say it again i like how you FE people only answear questions your FAQ can "explain" you ignore other things, I mean dosent it bother you you just cant answear some things?

By the way how does google earth work i can see my house, my friends house, the place i work. i doubt its a huge conspiracy thing. and you guys can probally see your houses to.
n Idiot is genius to another Idiot.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument - William G. McAdoo (1863 - 1941)