Toliets

• 42 Replies
Toliets
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
you wont get an answer and when you do it will either be horribly elaborate or envovling a conspricacy
orry about the spelling i realize its awful but i cant spell for beans

Toliets
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 09:37:49 PM »
in other words... fake
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Toliets
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 10:20:04 PM »
For the last FREAKIN' time.  The coriolis effect cannot be seen in the way your sink/tub drains.  The force is SO small it only affects large scale things.  The way the water drains in your sink/tub is determined by the spin of the water imparted by the faucet, the design of the sink/tub, the material used, and the location of the drain.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Toliets
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »
yes but the force is there, so as a general ideal, this force would be in effect, which would indeed influence it, although it is true that materials and other factors are also important
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Toliets
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 11:27:38 PM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
yes but the force is there, so as a general ideal, this force would be in effect, which would indeed influence it, although it is true that materials and other factors are also important

They are not just important, they are overwhelming.  The coriolis force is EXTREMELY small.  In my bathroom, the water drains clockwise (opposite the coriolis force) due to the design of my sink.  The coriolis force is overpowered by the other factors (which are ten thousand times more powerful than the coriolis force) and doesn't change the direction of flow.  It can't - IT IS A VERY SMALL FORCE!

-- Bob Hudson

Toliets
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 03:47:51 AM »
it does affect a free hanging pendulum though.

so why does a free hanging pendulum exhibit the corealis effect?

?

albert doo

Toliets
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 03:49:25 AM »
Toilets!!!!! I love toilets! I'm in one all day long. And guess what? I have seen three Chinese people today - so they do exist! So up your stupid theory with a vengance!

Toilets are not part of a conspiracy. The earth is not flat. You people could argue black was white, shit was monkies, and the that China does not exist.

Honestly people, you're all nuts and I'm actually surprised that people in this day and age where we have masterred mustard can believe the earth is flat! Thank you! You have brightened up my life in the toilet!

?

albert doo

Toliets
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 03:54:14 AM »
I think China does exist because i'm Chinese and also i've been to China 10 times.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Toliets
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 05:43:37 AM »
Toilets!!!!! I love toilets! I'm in one all day long.

Your life must suck.

-- Bob Hudson

Toliets
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »
I enjoy my time in the toliet, good place to catch up on some reading.  I can turn a quick crap into an epic voyage with only a good mag.

Toliets
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »
Again, as it was stated earlier in the thread (I believe), why would the Coriolis Effect not affect a Flat Earth? The flat earth is believed to rotate, just like the round earth.
Who really needs one of these things?

Toliets
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 11:21:22 AM »
if a flat earth rotated, then there would be no difference above and below the equator from the corealis effect, but there is in real life.... it would require the part nearest the centre to go in a totally different direction than that near the ice wall.

Toliets
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »
Toilets and sinks do flow different directions above and below the equator. However, there is a rational explanation for it. You see there are two sub-models of every sink or toilet ever produced. One model is sold north of the equator and one is sold south of the equator. The toilets are easy. The way the little holes are placed around the rim where water comes out are simply pointed in different directions for each model.

Drains in sinks are slightly different. The lip of the drain and a portion of the throat of the drain have tiny micro grooves to help aid the spin of water. Of course some drains have grates on them. The holes in the grates are ever so slightly angled. Both the micro grooves as well as the drain grates are each angled for sale above or below the equator. Occasionally you will see a drain spinning backwards and that is due to shipping errors.

The micro grooves are very small and they only need to get the water started spinning in a specific direction. Centrifugal force does the rest.

It's all part of the conspiracy.
7.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot