No motive, no case

• 158 Replies
Re: No motive, no case
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:06 AM »
Bottom line, if there's no one here at TFES with a higher education in physics, astrophysics, and aeronautics, you really have no grounds to promote the wild ass theories proposed.
So no-one's allowed to post on the internet unless they have a degree or diploma certifying them in the field they wish to post about? That doesn't seem very fair. I would suggest a better system would be for those that get upset by something they are reading on the internet, to simply stop reading it.
Quote from: General Douchebag[/quote
If Eminem had actually died, I would feel the force realign.
Quote from: ghazwozza
Of course it doesn't make sense, it's Tom Bishop's answer.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 04:49:25 AM »
Bottom line, if there's no one here at TFES with a higher education in physics, astrophysics, and aeronautics, you really have no grounds to promote the wild ass theories proposed.
So no-one's allowed to post on the internet unless they have a degree or diploma certifying them in the field they wish to post about? That doesn't seem very fair. I would suggest a better system would be for those that get upset by something they are reading on the internet, to simply stop reading it.

As you could have, but you chose not only to read it, but to respond to it as well. People with no education in physics, astrophysics, and aeronautics can post their own theories about how they "really" work all they want, but that doesn't mean I have to believe a word of it, or take their opinions as fact when debating them... I feel the need for a burden of proof to be met as much as they do. If their theories do not meet that burden I will disregard them.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:50:56 AM by AmatureAstronomer »
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2008, 05:04:13 AM »
Yes, I read and responded, but I'm not upset. Whereas you clearly seem to be. So why keep frequenting this forum?
Quote from: General Douchebag[/quote
If Eminem had actually died, I would feel the force realign.
Quote from: ghazwozza
Of course it doesn't make sense, it's Tom Bishop's answer.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:03 AM »
Yes, I read and responded, but I'm not upset. Whereas you clearly seem to be. So why keep frequenting this forum?

Because I love a good argument, and I don't let concern trolls like you ruin it for me.

And it sounds to me like you're upset. Don't like me posting in your forum with my pesky questions? It doesn't matter to me anyway, because as far as I know you haven't responded to even one of them, and if you have, it was probably something retarded, and I disregarded it.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:02 AM »

This is almost sig-worthy it is so hilarious.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2008, 06:19:20 AM »
I really don't think it could top the 2 you already have...

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:47 AM »
I agree, hence the "almost."
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

?

PeopleOnBehalfOfLogic

• RE'er (for now)
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
Are you done laring each other? Can we get back on topic?

I'm sure some of you are qualified astro-physicists and the like. And I can't help noticing you haven't answered the question.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:55:42 AM by PeopleOnBehalfOfLogic »
Just noticed my name is actually pretty insulting. Apologies.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
During the cold war, the US spent trillions on missiles and spies. But why would they do this if russia is as friendly as the faq says they are?

The FAQ is misleading, so far in as it is not the governments as the whole that are in on the conspiracy and "friendly," but simply the space agencies. The governments could be at war, or on rough terms, and go ahead and spend money on missiles and spies; that says nothing of the space agencies and their efforts.
objectively good

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »

During the cold war, the US spent trillions on missiles and spies. But why would they do this if russia is as friendly as the faq says they are?

Because the facade that the governments don't like each other still has to be maintained.

?

PeopleOnBehalfOfLogic

• RE'er (for now)
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »
dvito just said the goverment isnt in on this. anyway, if they spent that much they eliminate any profit margins left.

?

Holy crap!?!

• can't...look...away.....
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »
Where does the money go? Into certain "in the know" individuals pockets or is it used on things that the government fills it needs to hide?

I find it really hard to believe that the governments of the world would use space travel and a round earth theory to hide money laundering. I mean we used the fact that one poster here could do so with his brother-in-laws business. The government had to resort to outer space?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
Where does the money go?

NASA makes their request for a budget amount, complete with justifications and such to Congress. Congress looks it over and approves or attempts to amend based on their decisions. The resulting money from the budget is used to fake the subsequent missions and plans they had submitted to Congress, and given that it costs much less to fake it than actually produce the real results, the higher-ups can profit the difference.
objectively good

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
Where does the money go?

NASA makes their request for a budget amount, complete with justifications and such to Congress. Congress looks it over and approves or attempts to amend based on their decisions. The resulting money from the budget is used to fake the subsequent missions and plans they had submitted to Congress, and given that it costs much less to fake it than actually produce the real results, the higher-ups can profit the difference.
Yes, that's exactly what happens.
I believe the earth is flat because I have a brain the size of a peanut.

?

Holy crap!?!

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »
Who are these "higher ups" who know that the earth is flat? And again, don't you think there would be an easier way to launder the money? And what profit goes to other countries governments that know the earth is flat but keep it secret also? Is some of our money going to other countries as "hush money"?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »
Who are these "higher ups" who know that the earth is flat?

Original members and successors from the creation of NASA.

And again, don't you think there would be an easier way to launder the money?

Perhaps; but taking into account history, I'm guessing it was a conspiracy from impulse.

And what profit goes to other countries governments that know the earth is flat but keep it secret also? Is some of our money going to other countries as "hush money"?

The other space agencies receive their own governmental funding.
objectively good

?

PeopleOnBehalfOfLogic

• RE'er (for now)
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »
I repeat: can someone answer my post? It takes more than space agencies to cover things up.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »
What post do you want answered?

It takes more than space agencies to cover things up.

It's more probable that there are other elements, but it's not completely necessary.
objectively good

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »
What post do you want answered?

It takes more than space agencies to cover things up.

It's more probable that there are other elements, but it's not completely necessary.
Anyone who doesn't believe that the earth is flat is in on the conspiracy.

?

Holy crap!?!

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »
And what profit goes to other countries governments that know the earth is flat but keep it secret also? Is some of our money going to other countries as "hush money"?

The other space agencies receive their own governmental funding.
Why would countries with dictatorships need to hide spending?

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »
I don't get how people can call it a Governmental Conspiracy, when the Round Earth Theory has existed long before the space race, the Americas or anything of this magnitude could happen.

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »
I don't get how people can call it a Governmental Conspiracy, when the Round Earth Theory has existed long before the space race, the Americas or anything of this magnitude could happen.
You don't think it might be a self-fulfilling prophecy for the intellectually challenged then?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »

Why are they hiding spending?

The idea of a spherical Earth was based on weak inference. It was "confirmed" thanks to the space race.
objectively good

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »

Money has existed for a long time as well, noob.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

?

Holy crap!?!

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008, 01:53:57 PM »
Why are they hiding spending?
::) Well I walked right into that topic switch didn't I? My bad.

Why would a dictatorship need to "pretend" to spend money on a "space program" just to put it back in their own pockets when they could openly do so?

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »

Then how do you propose that people would earn money by convincing others that Earth is spherical?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »
Why would a dictatorship need to "pretend" to spend money on a "space program" just to put it back in their own pockets when they could openly do so?

They aren't pretending. They are being swindled by the space agencies.
objectively good

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »

Then how do you propose that people would earn money by convincing others that Earth is spherical?

Conspiracy noob, see FAQ.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

?

Holy crap!?!

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »

They aren't pretending. They are being swindled by the space agencies.
You believe that in governments that are ruled by the gun, a person would be daring enough to try and fool a government where they could be shot on the spot for such a thing? And do you think these types of governments would allow these space agencies to just run around free doing whatever they wanted, free spirited experimentation-with the occassional check in by the government just to see how they're doing?

That may be the craziest thing I've ever read on this site. ;D

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »
That may be the craziest thing I've ever read on this site. 
And that's up against some extremely stiff competition!