Quick 'what if' question for Tom

• 36 Replies
?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
Quick 'what if' question for Tom
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
Tom, what if FE was wrong and everything for RE is right? What if Rowbotham or anyone you use as evidence was wrong? Would you still believe FE, or would you finally accept RE?
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
Re: Quick 'what if' question for Tom
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
Tom's answer: He would accept RE

The Truth: Give me FE or give me death. I'm inclined to satisfy his wish.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
Tom's answer: He would accept RE

The Truth: Give me FE or give me death. I'm inclined to satisfy his wish.
XD

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »
Tom, what if FE was wrong and everything for RE is right? What if Rowbotham or anyone you use as evidence was wrong? Would you still believe FE, or would you finally accept RE?

Why would Rowbotham be wrong when I've verified the results of his experiments myself?

?

fshy94

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
^^What did I tell you?  ;D

The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »

Why would Rowbotham be wrong when I've verified the results of his experiments myself?
YES! You've just, indirectly, proven my, er, everyones point. You can't answer any question even if it's just a what if question!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:54 PM »
Hahaha, that's beautiful  ;D

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:05:21 AM »

Tom,

Your messiah, the venerable Dr Rowbothom, did not appear to conduct these experiments a way which could be described as "scientific".

For example, on "over water" experiments, he tries to eliminate refraction when he describes:

Temperature, density, and moisture of the air did not differ at the two stations at the time the experiment with the telescope and flag-staff was made. Hence it was concluded that refraction had not played any part in the observation.

This indicates he did not know what type of temperature gradient would cause downwards refraction.  It is the vertical temperature gradient from the water upwards, not the horizontal gradient between the stations, which would cause a downward refraction of the light rays.  In the correction conditions, it would cause light to curve in the direction of the earth's curvature.

Whether Dr Rowbothom stated this inaccuracy deliberately or through ignorance, is not clear.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:22:45 AM by Moon squirter »
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 05:24:28 AM »
if tom was taken to the moon by NASA, saw the american flag and then saw the round earth behind him he wouldnt believe it.
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 05:36:01 AM »
Why does everyone get taken in by Tom's babble? Is it that hard to understand what he's doing?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 05:42:44 AM »
Just answer the question Tom!

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:07 PM »

The answer is no. Even if my sources were wrong I've already verified their experiments myself. Therefore I'd still believe that the earth is flat.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
The real question wasn't "what if your sources were wrong?", it was "what if FE theory was wrong and RE theory was right?".

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
It's unfair to paint Tom as some kind of Rowbotham-worshipper, I've often seen him cite a broad range of material from different authors. Globularist fundamentalists often seem to make the mistake of believing that only one man ever published dissertations on the true shape of the Earth.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 07:56:12 PM »
Fikealox is right. The real question is what if you saw for yourself that FE theory is incorrect? Suppose you were offered a rocket ship ride around the earth. This, I suppose, would be the only way (if any) to discourage your belief in a FE world.

FE theory relies heavily on the world governments obstructing truth. So, I suppose the question within a question here, would be what do you value more: FE theory, or truth?

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »
Tom's answer- They are the same thing

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 10:07:25 PM »
FE theory relies heavily on the world governments obstructing truth. So, I suppose the question within a question here, would be what do you value more: FE theory, or truth?

FE Theory is the truth.

?

Germanicus

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
What did I tell you?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 05:36:47 AM »
Why does everyone get taken in by Tom's babble? Is it that hard to understand what he's doing?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »

FE Theory is the truth.

No, that's not a valid answer. I gave you two options. Phrased differently, they were "Your belief in FE theory, or FE theory is not the truth." Either way, we can all agree that FE theory is either true or false. One of the two states must be true. Now, I'm asking you (please try and answer the actual question this time), what if it was proven to you personally that the earth is round (this would mean that all your experiments were conducted improperly, or the results were misinterpreted)? Try including the bit I mentioned about the rocket ship in your answer, which you ignored the first time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:16:02 AM by cerpintaxt33 »

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »
Tom Bishop would never accept RE. It is his nemesis.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
Tom Bishop would never accept RE. It is his nemesis.
I'm giving him no choice. He must consider this scenario no matter what has done to prove FE.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
If by prove you mean support, then yes. He cannot answer. It would force him to consider he is wrong, and that would cause him to collapse under his own sheer stupidity into a small black hole before evaporating into nothingness.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
Fikealox is right. The real question is what if you saw for yourself that FE theory is incorrect? Suppose you were offered a rocket ship ride around the earth. This, I suppose, would be the only way (if any) to discourage your belief in a FE world.

Well what if it turned out that we were right? The question is just as stupid the other way round.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

fshy94

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »
Of course it is(stupid). I would say I would have to change my views, and so would you, but the funny thing is that(and the joke) is that Tom would never say that. Look at it.

^^LOL!

?

Germanicus

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »
Even if tom was right, it doesn't make him any less of an idiot. I mean, he doesn't even know the proper definition centripetal acceleration or any acceleration for that matter.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »
Even if tom was right, it doesn't make him any less of an idiot.
I've warned you of this once already.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson