Acceleration of the Earth

• 258 Replies
Re: Acceleration of the Earth
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »
What the, the...  Would somebody please explain to me how the fuck this thread got to 9 pages?  Somebody else ban cbarnett for continuing to do the same stupid shit while they're at it.
And what stupid shit would that be? Math?
It would be the stupid shit stuff.  Remember parachutes? ::)

« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
What the, the...  Would somebody please explain to me how the fuck this thread got to 9 pages?  Somebody else ban cbarnett for continuing to do the same stupid shit while they're at it.
Oh I remember and you are right I see that you guys still love to make adjustments to your systems as soon as you see a problem with it without changing the math at all.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
What adjustment was made?  The FE still accelerates at the same constant rate.  Nothing changed.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »
What adjustment was made?  The FE still accelerates at the same constant rate.  Nothing changed.
I am still waiting for you to show me that 100Mpc is a 'local' FoR
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
Oh I remember and you are right I see that you guys still love to make adjustments to your systems as soon as you see a problem with it without changing the math at all.
Are you kidding me?!  What was changed about FE theory for parachutes?!

« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »
you added elements that do not affect the parchutist such as the acceleration of the earth.

« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
you added elements that do not affect the parchutist such as the acceleration of the earth.

Yes, the Earth accelerating has NOTHING to do with a parachutist on a FE. ::)  It only causes them to have weight and come down to the earth, but, that doesn't matter

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

Yes, the Earth accelerating has NOTHING to do with a parachutist on a FE. ::)  It only causes them to have weight and come down to the earth, but, that doesn't matter
I would rather not get into this all over againg, however, if the earth is not there to push against him how can it accelerate him? If I am running 100yards in front of a car, does it accelerate me? No, not til it hits me.

« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
I would rather not get into this all over againg, however, if the earth is not there to push against him how can it accelerate him? If I am running 100yards in front of a car, does it accelerate me? No, not til it hits me.

You are aware the earth accelerates the air with it, right?

« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »

You are aware the earth accelerates the air with it, right?
Very much so, that is why in my calculations I took the velocity of the air into account. But in the FE the forces acting upon the parachutist are F=R while on the RE you get F=mg-R. After you FE'ers saw this you then just tried to add in F=ma to make it the same.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »
Very much so, that is why in my calculations I took the velocity of the air into account. But in the FE the forces acting upon the parachutist are F=R while on the RE you get F=mg-R. After you FE'ers saw this you then just tried to add in F=ma to make it the same.
Perhaps you should go look over that thread again.  I already showed you the error in your force system. 

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »
Uh, mind telling me how that is possible?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
I blame it on the magical shadow object messing with your perceptions and frames of reference.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »

Since he already has g in the equation he is doubling gravity, I didn't check the formula, but I assume this is what he is referring to. If not then yes you do need the acceleration, or you can just use g they are the same thing.

« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2007, 07:25:38 PM »
Uh, mind telling me how that is possible?
I am not sure that is why I need you to show me, since you claim that gravitational lensing can be explained by the EP.

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »
Perhaps you should go look over that thread again.  I already showed you the error in your force system. 
How can you repalce a variable with a constant and expect the same result everytime?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
I am not sure that is why I need you to show me
I never said that was possible.  You should probably brush up your skills in the 'reading' department.

since you claim that gravitational lensing can be explained by the EP.
Right.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2007, 08:44:51 PM »
How can you repalce a variable with a constant and expect the same result everytime?
What are you talking about? 

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2007, 09:46:38 PM »
What are you talking about? 
f=m(9.81) does not equal f=m(Gm/r2)

9.81=Constant
Gm/r2 = Variable
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:55:06 PM by cbarnett97 »

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »
I never said that was possible.  You should probably brush up your skills in the 'reading' department.

Right.

Here is the definition of the EP, so please tell me how that applies to vast distances

"At every spacetime point in an arbitrary gravitational field, it is possible to chose a locally inertial coordinate system such that, within a sufficiently small region of the point in question, the laws of nature take the same form as in unaccelerated Cartesian coordinate systems."

And the distances to our neighboring galaxies (which are the smallest objects that will produce gravitaional lensing that we can measure) are measured in megaparsec's (Mpc) which is a very large distance. 1 parsec is just over 2 lightyears in distance. So pleace enlighten me on how that is a 'local' FoR
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:53:45 PM by cbarnett97 »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2007, 10:02:06 PM »

Right.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »

Right.

Here is the definition of the EP, so please tell me how that applies to vast distances

"At every spacetime point in an arbitrary gravitational field, it is possible to chose a locally inertial coordinate system such that, within a sufficiently small region of the point in question, the laws of nature take the same form as in unaccelerated Cartesian coordinate systems."

And the distances to our neighboring galaxies (which are the smallest objects that will produce gravitaional lensing that we can measure) are measured in megaparsec's (Mpc) which is a very large distance. 1 parsec is just over 2 lightyears in distance. So pleace enlighten me on how that is a 'local' FoR
Now all you need to do is show me how that is a local FoR

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »
Why would I do that?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »
Why would I do that?
to demonstrate your claim

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2007, 12:37:54 AM »
This is hilarious.  Good show, Engy.  :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »
This has gone so far past my understanding of physics that I no longer have any idea who is winning.

Plus I really don't care.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2007, 05:16:19 AM »
I've never seen TheEngineer to be wrong yet, so I'd bet on him; although I would prefer if he'd just put barnett out of his misery.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2007, 05:57:14 AM »
Why would I do that?
to demonstrate your claim
But I did not claim anything of the kind.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
Bending of light due to acceleration = bending of light due to 'gravity'.
That was your response to my claim that gravitational lensing is a very good example of gravitation. Now if you were talking about another phenomenon then it was on you to let us all know that you were changing the subject.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:34:07 AM by cbarnett97 »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »
I was talking about gravitational lensing.  I said it could be explained by the acceleration of the FE.

-- Bob Hudson