shape

• 23 Replies
?

burt

shape
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »
what shape do you think the earth might be, for example, is it like a coin; not shapley just an infinite surface or pretty jaggerd; a desk; a bowl-  convex or concave.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: shape
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »
Take a look at the FAQ first, please.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »
Simple - A tennis ball. Its spherical with many rough areas.
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »
Cylinder.  I win.

?

burt

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
you all agree with the godamn faq, some of you must disagree with some points of the faq. i'm asking for your personal opinion not someone elses

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:14:46 PM »
you all agree with the godamn faq, some of you must disagree with some points of the faq. i'm asking for your personal opinion not someone elses

Guess who wrote the FAQ ;)

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »

Guess who wrote the FAQ ;)

owned

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 06:54:15 PM »

How could you have a personal opinion about absolute fact?

Hey john, how much do you think ten is?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »

Easy.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 10:15:25 PM »

In the Username number system it equals roughly pi.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 10:19:39 PM »
what shape do you think the earth might be, for example, is it like a coin; not shapley just an infinite surface or pretty jaggerd; a desk; a bowl-  convex or concave.

The earth is an infinite plane sat at the base of the universe, shapeless for all purposes and intents. We inhabit a limited  circular area of the earth, beneath where our sun circles around itself, providing heat for all life in our local area.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:39:32 AM by Tom Bishop »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »

The earth is an infinite plane sat at the base of the universe, shapeless for all purposes and intents. We inhabit a limited  circular area of the earth, beneath where our sun circles around itself, providing heat for all life on earth.

Actually, its fractal recursive, and infinite.  Each iteration, the earth flips inside out, so one iteration the south pole is the center of the "plane" and the next its the north pole, as you pass over the appropriate poles.   We exist on all iterations, and the distance we must travel to get from one location to another is the average of all possible distances on all iterations, which turns out to be the same distance as if one were calculating based on a round earth.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:41:04 PM by Username »

?

MisterB

• Yak polo proponent!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:59 AM »
Take a look at the FAQ first, please.

It looks like an FAQ? What is this please?
We have much better Potassiums than Khazakstan

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »

The earth is an infinite plane sat at the base of the universe, shapeless for all purposes and intents. We inhabit a limited  circular area of the earth, beneath where our sun circles around itself, providing heat for all life on earth.
Back to the infinite plane again, TomB? I thought you'd given up on that.

Let's review the basic reasons that make it obvious that the Earth isn't infinite.

1) By thermodynamics, the Earth would freeze as the heat conducts away to infinity.
2) By aerodynamics, the atmosphere would flow away to infinity.
3) By logic, the Earth would have an infinite inertial mass and require and infinite force to accelerate constantly. Infinite masses and forces are hard to come by.

Do keep changing your mind, though. It's helps us make the case that you're a fool.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 11:11:42 AM »
You're retarded gulliver. All of those contentions are absolutely fallaced. I declare you the swiss cheese of logic.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
You're retarded gulliver. All of those contentions are absolutely fallaced. I declare you the swiss cheese of logic.
GTFO
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »

In the Username number system it equals roughly pi.

So your pi and 10 are the same number? So in your number system if you divide the area of a circle by the radius squared it equals ten? That's a retarded number system.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »
So your pi and 10 are the same number? So in your number system if you divide the area of a circle by the radius squared it equals ten? That's a retarded number system.
It makes alot of calculations alot easier!

However, our division operator is different also.  I wont get into details though.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 04:55:17 PM »

However, our division operator is different also.  I wont get into details though.

Yeah but pi isn't a whole number. So your system goes by non whole, irrational numbers?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »

Yeah but pi isn't a whole number. So your system goes by non whole, irrational numbers?
Its very useful.  Trust me.

?

MisterB

• Yak polo proponent!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 01:04:31 AM »

Retard make internets posting? You are very liberal peoples!

?

burt

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 04:20:44 AM »
i reckon the earth is one of the flats sides of a dodechedron that is expanding rapidly...each surface is owned by a different alien race... :o

?

MisterB

• Yak polo proponent!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 04:39:30 AM »
i reckon the earth is one of the flats sides of a dodechedron that is expanding rapidly...each surface is owned by a different alien race... :o

And if you roll a 14 the dragon rapes the elf princess.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 06:26:23 AM »

And if you roll a 14 the dragon rapes the elf princess.

Zomg, you done did speak out of character.  Shame on you.
OMG!