An Ignored Issue?

• 41 Replies

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
An Ignored Issue?
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:12:43 AM »
In the "Round Earth" model gravity causes massive amounts of matter to pull toward each other which causes higher and higher pressure build ups in the center of a mass. As people dig holes in the ground, (simply put. huh?) molecules of every element are found more compact. With higher densities, the forces acting upon these elements must be stronger further down in the Earth's crust.

When we translate these findings to the FE theory, gravity is explained by the acceleration of the whole planet at the rate of gravity. If this is so, then why is more force exerted on rocks the further we dig? This also can relate to the issue that gravity or "gravitation" is lesser at high altitudes.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
Re: An Ignored Issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:18:28 PM »
Read the book;

Earth: Not A Globe

Also dont forget to read the FAQ.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »
The more compressed stuff in the center is simply because there is more "stuff" piled on top of those minerals. It could also be a reason for the difference at higher altitudes (except with air), though that may be erroneous and there could be some extraneous factors as well.

~D-Draw

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 09:55:11 PM »
Read the book;

Tom must have teenaged kids. They are on the computer after bedtime again.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »
The more compressed stuff in the center is simply because there is more "stuff" piled on top of those minerals. It could also be a reason for the difference at higher altitudes (except with air), though that may be erroneous and there could be some extraneous factors as well.

~D-Draw

lol. That's my point.  :D More stuff piled on top wouldn't make a difference unless the force of acceleration wasn't uniform for the whole planet. This means that the force is only applied to the bottom of this "disk". Therefore it is not caused by the expansion of the universe AND this would contradict the explanation of planes and other aerial devices. Higher altitudes have less of an effect on people while closer to the core of the planet makes their gravity stronger.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
Read the book;

I would, but it costs $30 on Amazon. It is not at my public library nor in its connections to be sent.
Perhaps you could introduce the evidence from the book over the forum so I can directly address it?  ;)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 07:17:20 PM »
lol. That's my point.  :D More stuff piled on top wouldn't make a difference unless the force of acceleration wasn't uniform for the whole planet. This means that the force is only applied to the bottom of this "disk". Therefore it is not caused by the expansion of the universe AND this would contradict the explanation of planes and other aerial devices. Higher altitudes have less of an effect on people while closer to the core of the planet makes their gravity stronger.
Sorry, but 'gravity' and acceleration are equivalent.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »

I was just about to say that...
ah.

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:52:15 PM »

Sorry, but they're not. Gravity is acceleration, but acceleration is not necessarily gravity.

Is me pushing on a wooden block gravity? Gravity implies acceleration caused by mass.
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »
Sorry, but you fail at Relativity.

-- Bob Hudson

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »
Okay, well not literally. But you're just bringing up extraneous points in order to complicate the debate.

Why do we observe matter under increased pressure as we dig into the Earth?
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »
Complicating what?  'Gravity'=acceleration.  That seems to be fairly simple.

-- Bob Hudson

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »

When did I say they weren't?  :o
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 05:34:53 AM by L0gic »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 07:54:21 AM »
I drew that from your post about airplanes not working in an accelerating model.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »
Still doesn't mean they are the same thing. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
Then you should write a paper on how General Relativity is wrong.

-- Bob Hudson

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 11:38:07 AM »
Now I have a bigger question:

Why do you believe in relativity and the effect of 'gravity' by warping space-time caused by acceleration but not relativity and the effect of gravity by warping space-time caused by mass when they are incorporated in the same theory?  :o

It would almost seem these principles are only used when convenient.  :-\

I don't remember where I posted it, but I also recall mentioning that if the gravitation caused by acceleration of the Earth in addition to the force of the Earth just pushing against us would exceed the 1G we experience. The acceleration just pushing on us is supposed to be the cause that, and adding acceleration space-time warping to it would make it stronger than it is.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:04:47 PM by L0gic »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »
Then you should write a paper on how General Relativity is wrong.

2+3 = 4+1 does that mean 2 and 4 are the same? 
I do not know where general relativity says gravity=acceleration or at least the acceleration as you claim it to be.  They say you cant tell the different between the two.  I already talked about the space elevator thought experiment.  Black holes aren't accelerating upwards do to a UA or Dark Energy as you call it, both which deify physics yet you try to claim you know physics. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
I do not know where general relativity says gravity=acceleration
That's the entire basis of General Relativity. 

They say you cant tell the different between the two.  I already talked about the space elevator thought experiment.  Black holes aren't accelerating upwards do to a UA or Dark Energy as you call it, both which deify physics yet you try to claim you know physics.
Why does accelerating upwards defy physics?

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 05:00:03 PM »

That's the entire basis of General Relativity. [/quote]
Maybe angular acceleration,  since spacetime bends.  Where does it say that the only way for a mass to have gravity is for it to be accelerating upwards?

Why does accelerating upwards defy physics?
Magical forces defy physics.  Infinite energy defies physics.  "Dark energy" defies physics. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 05:10:27 PM »
Where does it say that the only way for a mass to have gravity is for it to be accelerating upwards?
I don't remember saying that.  I remember saying 'gravity' = acceleration.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 05:17:57 PM »
Where does it say that the only way for a mass to have gravity is for it to be accelerating upwards?
You said it many times.  You claim the earth has no gravity other then the gravity that comes from the acceleration from the magical UA.  Yet despite what you say, the moon and earth have different gravity even thought they are traveling about the same speed.  Maybe you should define your use of acceleration. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »
You said it many times.  You claim the earth has no gravity other then the gravity that comes from the acceleration from the magical UA.  Yet despite what you say, the moon and earth have different gravity even thought they are traveling about the same speed.  Maybe you should define your use of acceleration. 

Precisely my point. ;)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
Acceleration causes gravitation.  Now, what causes the acceleration is the true question.

-- Bob Hudson

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
Let's please not turn this into another relativity thread.  The Engineer is right, you dolt's.  They are indistinguishable!  You can't tell the difference!  THE END! 

Now on to the OP:

In the "Round Earth" model gravity causes massive amounts of matter to pull toward each other which causes higher and higher pressure build ups in the center of a mass. As people dig holes in the ground, (simply put. huh?) molecules of every element are found more compact. With higher densities, the forces acting upon these elements must be stronger further down in the Earth's crust.

When we translate these findings to the FE theory, gravity is explained by the acceleration of the whole planet at the rate of gravity. If this is so, then why is more force exerted on rocks the further we dig? This also can relate to the issue that gravity or "gravitation" is lesser at high altitudes.

You're just not understanding how pressure is created.  There is a pressure gradient in both the FE and RE models. 

If you have studied fluids you will know of something called 'hydrostatic pressure.'  This pressure is created by the "weight" of everything above the point of interest.  The equation goes as:

pressure = [density] * [acceleration] * [depth of measurment]

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

how does acceleration = gravity in a vacuum?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 04:25:48 PM by Kom Incense »
Nah.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 07:54:42 AM »
Acceleration causes gravitation.  Now, what causes the acceleration is the true question.

That doesn't answer why two objects with the same acceleration have different amounts of gravitation. Both objects are accelerating yet the Earths gravitational pull is stronger. Not just on the surface of the Earth.

You're just not understanding how pressure is created.  There is a pressure gradient in both the FE and RE models.

If you have studied fluids you will know of something called 'hydrostatic pressure.'  This pressure is created by the "weight" of everything above the point of interest.  The equation goes as:

pressure = [density] * [acceleration] * [depth of measurment]

I think your missing my point. Pressure in a Flat Earth model is applied by the universal accelerator at the very bottom causing that area the highest pressure. This force isn't accelerating the whole planet at once, just applying the acceleration to the bottom of it. Otherwise there is no reason to have the change in pressure. That is where the expansion of the universe theory is contradicted.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »
I was missing your point (or your point has changed...).  Irregardless, I understand what you're talking about, and I have thought about it sometime before.  We just don't know what is down there well enough.  Be it rock or unobtainium, the evidence (that we are accelerated by the Earth, and not the UA) shows that the UA field is absorbed or deflected by this layer of material.  We are behind this "bow shock" created by the deflection which keeps us outside the influence of the UA. 

Let us call this pocket we live in the Terrapause. 

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 09:27:57 AM »
Aww. Why do you get to name it?! lol.

Anyways, why aren't the moon and sun in the Terrapause? Since they would have to be accelerating along with the earth..

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
I get to name it because I am he who is I am!   >:(

They're not in it because the terrapause closes up again, just like the heliopause and the geopause in the RE model.  There may be similar bubbles associated with the Sun and Moon and other celestial bodies, but we can't see them because they are on the other side of said bodies.