When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1260 on: August 28, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »

During certain times of the year, both Cape Hope and Cape Horn can simultaneously see Sigma Octantis.  Here is the problem with Sigma Octantis and the notion that the Earth is flat:

If the Earth is flat, why can two people looking due south see Sigma Octantis in two different locations?  This is a paradox that has yet to be solved by the FE community.  A person standing at Cape Hope should, if the Earth is flat, see this constellation both due south and to the west while a person standing at Cape Horn would see it both south and again to the east.  We know this to not be the case in reality.  The Southern Cross always presents itself to the south, as Polaris always appears to the north.

Has anyone proved it is seen due south at the same locations at the same time?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1261 on: August 28, 2019, 09:48:34 PM »

You literally just asked if the Southern Cross is to the south.  Let that sink in a moment...
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1262 on: August 28, 2019, 09:48:55 PM »
It is believed that those who embraced a sphere Earth before the modern era  were smart and those who embraced a Flat Earth were ignorant. Yet no one can provide the hard evidence of sphere Earth used at that time to prove to the people Earth is a sphere. Why?

So, who are the real ignorant and persuasive group?  Are they the ones who rejected the idea on grounds of no real evidence or those who accepted it as indoctrination without real evidence?

Yes, the Globe theory began through ignorance and indoctrination. That’s something to be proud of, defend and support.

No one in their right mind can look at a horizon like this (below) and think Earth is a sphere. They have to go through a processes of indoctrination.

I think you have your flat earth cart before your flogged to death horse.
All of what you say is no more than hot air. The fact the earth is a sphere is simply beyond doubt. The real problem is not one of ‘indoctrination’ as you put it but education and reality and the fact that your appear unable to accept the truth.
The proof for a spherical earth is everywhere, proof that you for some reason only known to yourself are unable to accept.
You point to a picture and say this is proof! What would you expect to see in your picture if the earth were spherical? Remember the earth is big!

Do you believe in more than two genders, Global warming, fake news is real? All are in the education system.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:10:26 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1263 on: August 28, 2019, 09:49:03 PM »
It is believed that those who embraced a sphere Earth before the modern era  were smart and those who embraced a Flat Earth were ignorant.
Sure, "It is believed that those who embraced a sphere Earth before the modern era were smart" because the based there belief on evidence accumulated over centuries.

But who claimed that, "those who embraced a Flat Earth were ignorant". The few "who embraced a Flat Earth" mainly "embraced a Flat Earth" for religious reasons and not evidence.

Quote from: Plat Terra
Yet no one can provide the hard evidence of sphere Earth used at that time to prove to the people Earth is a sphere. Why?
That is simply a silly expectation because all we have is what survives of what was written then.

There is, however, much written by Ptolemy, a Greco-Roman, The Venerable Bede, English, Al Biruni, of Persia, and Johannes de Sacrobosco, of France.

But I'm not going to waste my time detailing all of that just to have you ignore as you do with everything else.

So, who are the real ignorant and persuasive group?  Are they the ones who rejected the idea on grounds of no real evidence or those who accepted it as indoctrination without real evidence?
The ignorant ones are you flat earthers who reject the Globe with no real evidence!

And most flat earthers accepted the flat earth by what amounts to indoctrination from sources like far earth YouTube videos that show no real evidence!

Yes, the Globe theory began through ignorance and indoctrination.
That is a total fabrication and you have no credible basis for such a claim!

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that, before around 600 BC, the earth was considered flat but with like semblance to the current ludicrous flat earth model!

The change to seeing the earth as a Globe came as people travelled further and gathered evidence that did not fit their earlier beliefs.

No one in their right mind can look at a horizon like this (below) and think Earth is a sphere.
I've already written about that photograph! It has nothing that indicates that the earth might not be a Globe.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1264 on: August 28, 2019, 09:49:37 PM »

You literally just asked if the Southern Cross is to the south.  Let that sink in a moment...

Answer the question. The issue is about two different shapes of a world. You answer is biased.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1265 on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:06 PM »
It's up to YOU to prove otherwise! 

YOU are the one trying to to convince the RE Community to Accept Defeat and you are doing a terrible job of it!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1266 on: August 28, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
It is believed that those who embraced a sphere Earth before the modern era  were smart and those who embraced a Flat Earth were ignorant.
Sure, "It is believed that those who embraced a sphere Earth before the modern era were smart" because the based there belief on evidence accumulated over centuries.

But who claimed that, "those who embraced a Flat Earth were ignorant". The few "who embraced a Flat Earth" mainly "embraced a Flat Earth" for religious reasons and not evidence.

Yet no one can provide the hard evidence of sphere Earth used at that time to prove to the people Earth is a sphere. Why?
That is simply a silly expectation because all we have is what survives of what was written then.

There is, however, much written by Ptolemy, a Greco-Roman, The Venerable Bede, English, Al Biruni, of Persia, and Johannes de Sacrobosco, of France.

But I'm not going to waste my time detailing all of that just to have you ignore as you do with everything else.

The ignorant ones are you flat earthers who reject the Globe with no real evidence!

And most flat earthers accepted the flat earth by what amounts to indoctrination from sources like far earth YouTube videos that show no real evidence!

Yes, the Globe theory began through ignorance and indoctrination.
That is a total fabrication and you have no credible basis for such a claim!

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that, before around 600 BC, the earth was considered flat but with like semblance to the current ludicrous flat earth model!

The change to seeing the earth as a Globe came as people travelled further and gathered evidence that did not fit their earlier beliefs.

No one in their right mind can look at a horizon like this (below) and think Earth is a sphere.
I've already written about that photograph! It has nothing that indicates that the earth might not be a Globe.

So, I am correct you cannot provide the hard evedince, but yet can provied volumes of info from those who taught Earth a sphere. And there is no compleling evedience known for that day, correct?

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1267 on: August 28, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »
Answer the question. The issue is about two different shapes of a world. You answer is biased.

The Southern Cross is part of the constellations that let any navigator in the southern hemisphere find due south.  That would make it...due south.  Meaning, YES, it is due south for anyone in the southern hemisphere looking south.  That is the reason I presented the Sigma Octantis paradox; if the Earth is flat, the location of this constellation is paradoxical.  It would need to be in multiple locations at the same time.  However, in this reality, it isn't.  We find it due south in the southern hemisphere for anyone that observes it, simultaneously at the same location and it isn't a paradox if the Earth is a sphere.

Have you ever wondered why Polaris doesn't have this problem?  Did it ever dawn on you that Rowbotham, an Englishman that never visited a location south of the equator and dropped out of school at the age of nine, would invent an ideology that never accounted for anything beyond places that he visited?  The idea of a flat Earth was born from a man that was too stupid to conceptualize the implications of his own lie. 
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1268 on: August 28, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
Why should we answer your questions?  You never seem to give sensible answers when asked.

I live at about 27°S latitude and I know that I can see the Southern Cross and the pointers almost all of every night - not that I bother looking in the early hours of the morning.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1269 on: August 28, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »

YOU are the one trying to to convince the RE Community to Accept Defeat and you are doing a terrible job of it!

I didn't make the argument. It was a logical question. People are accepting defeat everyday. Like it or not.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1270 on: August 28, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »

The Southern Cross is part of the constellations that let any navigator in the southern hemisphere find due south.  That would make it...due south.  Meaning, YES, it is due south for anyone in the southern hemisphere looking south.  That is the reason I presented the Sigma Octantis paradox; if the Earth is flat, the location of this constellation is paradoxical.  It would need to be in multiple locations at the same time.  However, in this reality, it isn't.  We find it due south in the southern hemisphere for anyone that observes it, simultaneously at the same location and it isn't a paradox if the Earth is a sphere.

Have you ever wondered why Polaris doesn't have this problem?  Did it ever dawn on you that Rowbotham, an Englishman that never visited a location south of the equator and dropped out of school at the age of nine, would invent an ideology that never accounted for anything beyond places that he visited?  The idea of a flat Earth was born from a man that was too stupid to conceptualize the implications of his own lie.

I know nothing about Rowbotham or his writings.

When it is proved it is seen due south at the same locations at the same time then you have an argument.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1271 on: August 28, 2019, 10:23:02 PM »
So, I am correct you cannot provide the hard evedince, but yet can provied volumes of info from those who taught Earth a sphere.
How could you or I provide "hard evedince evidince" of what was known centuries ago? Be sensible!

Have you ever thought that anyone can "rovide volumes of info from those who knew the earth to be  a sphere but not from "flat earthers" because after around 500 AD there were few flat earthers?

And there is no compleling evedience known for that day, correct?

Who suggested that? The evidence had been accumulated over about 1000 years by then.
Have you read all those volumes yet ;D?

Look the early flat earth models of the Sumerians, the Babylonians and the ancient Greeks fitted the limited regions of earth where they live.

But those models simply do not work at all for the whole earth as was known even from the early centuries AD.

So, Rowbotham "invented" a flat earth model with the sun, moon, planets and stars circling above.
But Rowbotham had little knowledge of the rest of the earth and virtually none of the Southern Hemisphere.
As a result the "modern flat earth model" simply does not work for numerous reasons!

Get you own huge problems sorted out before displaying more of your pathetic ignorance about the Globe!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1272 on: August 28, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »
I know nothing about Rowbotham or his writings.
Well, you'd better learn quickly!

When it is proved it is seen due south at the same locations at the same time then you have an argument.
We don't need an argument, you do if you want an answer to "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?"!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1273 on: August 28, 2019, 10:29:19 PM »

I didn't make the argument. It was a logical question. People are accepting defeat everyday. Like it or not.
Rubbish! Prove that People in the RE Community are accepting defeat everyday!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1274 on: August 28, 2019, 10:38:03 PM »
So, I am correct you cannot provide the hard evedince, but yet can provied volumes of info from those who taught Earth a sphere.
How could you or I provide "hard evedince evidince" of what was known centuries ago? Be sensible!

Have you ever thought that anyone can "rovide volumes of info from those who knew the earth to be  a sphere but not from "flat earthers" because after around 500 AD there were few flat earthers?

And there is no compleling evedience known for that day, correct?

Who suggested that? The evidence had been accumulated over about 1000 years by then.
Have you read all those volumes yet ;D?

Look the early flat earth models of the Sumerians, the Babylonians and the ancient Greeks fitted the limited regions of earth where they live.

But those models simply do not work at all for the whole earth as was known even from the early centuries AD.

So, Rowbotham "invented" a flat earth model with the sun, moon, planets and stars circling above.
But Rowbotham had little knowledge of the rest of the earth and virtually none of the Southern Hemisphere.
As a result the "modern flat earth model" simply does not work for numerous reasons!

Get you own huge problems sorted out before displaying more of your pathetic ignorance about the Globe!

So, we still don't know what compelling evidence was used at that time to change the minds of people. All we have is just the writings of the teachers who left out the compelling evidence that changed the mind of a flat Earther.  So, I am still correct.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1275 on: August 28, 2019, 10:42:02 PM »

No, no rubbish here. You should get out more. I know of teachers in your area that are busy. 

Everyday!!

rvlvr

« Reply #1276 on: August 28, 2019, 10:48:56 PM »
Ah, to die knowing what you believed is a just plain wrong, and to know people ridicule you for your at-best-medieval view!

« Reply #1277 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:49 PM »

No, no rubbish here. You should get out more. I know of teachers in your area that are busy. 

Everyday!!

I hate to be that guy, but most people dropping by here are either for entertainment or just for trolling (so, also for entertainment).
So asking about accepting a defeat is kinda funny, but it's still not a top joke here :)

Plat Terra

« Reply #1278 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:45 PM »
Ah, to die knowing what you believed is a just plain wrong, and to know people ridicule you for your at-best-medieval view!

Yes, it’s a shame the medieval astronomers warped the minds of people with all types of fantasies that continue today as truth. They could have explored other reigons on the infinite Plane, instead of being bound to a world they thought was a sphere and could never leave.  What a true shame.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1279 on: August 28, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »
No, no rubbish here.
I asked you to Prove that People in the RE Community are accepting defeat everyday!

You haven't even provided one example! 

YOU post some answers as to your own flat earth model because I've never seen one that works!

So you flat earthers have to claim some ridiculous 2000 year old global conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth!

If there is no huge conspiracy why are photos like these accepted as the clincher that the earth is a Globe?
Here are samples from US, Russian and Japanese weather satellites:

The United States' has the GOES series of weather satellites, with three in operation:
       GOES-15, GOES-16 (at 75.2º W Longitude) and GOES-17 (at 137.2º W Longitude) with GOES-15 being retired in early July 2019.

A full disk image from GOES-17
captured from its new orbital position at 137.2 degrees west longitude

This full disk image of Earth was captured by the GOES-16 satellite
Wednesday. Credit: NOAA

Russia's weather satellite Elektro-L No.1 is located at 76°E over the Indian Ocean and the Japanese have the Himawari 8 over the western Pacific Ocean at 140°E.

Earth as viewed by the Russian weather satellite Elektro-L,
which is in a geostationary orbit at a distance of 36,000 kilometers,
on September 26, 2012. A higher resolution version is available on GigaPan.

From Japan's Himawari-8
Go to Himawari-8 Real-time Web - NICT for real-time images.

Remember that YOU are trying to convince US and YOU have to prove that photos like that are not genuine!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1280 on: August 28, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »

During certain times of the year, both Cape Hope and Cape Horn can simultaneously see Sigma Octantis.  Here is the problem with Sigma Octantis and the notion that the Earth is flat:

If the Earth is flat, why can two people looking due south see Sigma Octantis in two different locations?  This is a paradox that has yet to be solved by the FE community.  A person standing at Cape Hope should, if the Earth is flat, see this constellation both due south and to the west while a person standing at Cape Horn would see it both south and again to the east.  We know this to not be the case in reality.  The Southern Cross always presents itself to the south, as Polaris always appears to the north.

The proof is up in the sky for everyone to see. You only need to be south at night and have a pair of eyes.

The southern cross is visible south above the horizon for the whole night from any location south of 34 degrees. When its night in southern australia and southern chile at the same time they both see it at the same time at inverted positions, since they are looking from opposite sides of the south pole.

The southern sky circles around the southern celestial pole in clockwise direction just as RE expect.

The proof is up in the sky, you just have to look up:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:18:40 PM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1281 on: August 28, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »

Yes, it’s a shame the medieval astronomers warped the minds of people with all types of fantasies that continue today as truth. They could have explored other reigons on the infinite Plane, instead of being bound to a world they thought was a sphere and could never leave.  What a true shame.

https://i.imgur.com/Jv455HI.jpg
That simply asks a question, "Was this world map made ten centuries ago? " There's no evidence or proof of anything there.
And are newspapers evidence of anything? Hardly!

Especially as!

Hawaiian Gazette January 11, 1911

As I wrote in a blog post discussing this article, the following article comes to us from the January 11, 1907 edition of the Hawaiian Gazette and alleges to be a map of the world made in Japan more than 1,000 years ago. But as critical readers will notice, the story has more than a few hints of the Zeno Map story. As with that infamous map, this one is also a redrawn modern copy of an allegedly ancient map unseen by anyone. Like the Zeno Map, the original was also allegedly rotten with age, explained by a mysterious ancient letter unseen by anyone else, and it also serves to glorify the geographic areas connected to its “discoverer.” In this case a Japanese resident of Hawaii found a map in Japan that was ignorant of Madagascar, Greenland, and Polynesia but somehow managed to include Hawaii front and center!

There’s a pretty good indication that the journalist who wrote the piece knew it was a hoax: He compares it to James De Mille’s 1888 novel Manuscript found in a Copper Cylinder, a satirical tale of an underground world.

Run away and stop foisting more flat earth hoaxes on us!

rvlvr

« Reply #1282 on: August 28, 2019, 11:26:41 PM »

Funny how you knew instantly who it was aimed for.

I trust you know ridicule? Or do you keep FE to yourself, never discuss it except online?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1283 on: August 28, 2019, 11:38:19 PM »

That simply asks a question, "Was this world map made ten centuries ago? " There's no evidence or proof of anything there.

Especially as!

As I wrote in a blog post discussing this article, the following article comes to us from the January 11, 1907 edition of the Hawaiian Gazette and alleges to be a map of the world made in Japan more than 1,000 years ago. But as critical readers will notice, the story has more than a few hints of the Zeno Map story. As with that infamous map, this one is also a redrawn modern copy of an allegedly ancient map unseen by anyone. Like the Zeno Map, the original was also allegedly rotten with age, explained by a mysterious ancient letter unseen by anyone else, and it also serves to glorify the geographic areas connected to its “discoverer.” In this case a Japanese resident of Hawaii found a map in Japan that was ignorant of Madagascar, Greenland, and Polynesia but somehow managed to include Hawaii front and center!

There’s a pretty good indication that the journalist who wrote the piece knew it was a hoax: He compares it to James De Mille’s 1888 novel Manuscript found in a Copper Cylinder, a satirical tale of an underground world.

I expect the opposition to muddy the waters’.  If it were a Globe Earth map you would praise the newspaper, but since the center looks similar to the Gleason Map it must be discredited at all cost.

The following Gleason map will let you know were the Sun is any time of the day.

« Reply #1284 on: August 28, 2019, 11:48:08 PM »

Especially as!

I expect the opposition to muddy the waters’.  If it were a Globe Earth map you would praise the newspaper, but since the center looks similar to the Gleason Map it must be discredited at all cost.

The following Gleason map will let you know were the Sun is any time of the day.

OK mr Terra...explain this.
Why does the moon appear to be upside down when viewed the the Southern Hemisphere, as compared to how it looks in the Northern Hemisphere?  You can add to that constellations like Orion.?

« Reply #1285 on: August 28, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »
Add to platas list of stupid questions/ requests - provide hard evidence from 500yrs ago.

Why?
We have perfectly good photos from now.
Should we provide hard evidence from 500yrs ago that eating raw chicken will give you the shts?
You can try it yourself today (dont, im being sarcastic and yes i have to disclaimer this obvious point because you, plata, are not smart).

And the evidence for roundness has been given to you.

What hard evidence do you need?
A caveman rock carved model globe?
Oh wait.
How about
1.There is that ancient smart guy who within a pretty good margin of error calculated the diameter as later verified by present day smart people.
Then there was the antikythera, a physical artifact, which could plot the planets using gears.
And the only way it all fits is a helocentric model.
And surpisingly googltomny hasnt mentioned the crows nest is an actual thing on boats that allows you to see farther on the horizon (possibly he was bamned agin  hahah).
3 "hard" proofs to go along with my 3 "soft" ones.
Ask another stupid question.

« Reply #1286 on: August 28, 2019, 11:57:17 PM »
And the following gleason map will show you the perimeter of antartica as how many km???

Plat Terra

« Reply #1287 on: August 28, 2019, 11:57:58 PM »

Especially as!

OK mr Terra...explain this.
Why does the moon appear to be upside down when viewed the the Southern Hemisphere, as compared to how it looks in the Northern Hemisphere?  You can add to that constellations like Orion.?

Because those in the south are looking north. It's all about "Orientation". Face south lean back and look at the Moon and you can see the same face as those in the north. 

« Reply #1288 on: August 29, 2019, 12:05:49 AM »
They see the same stars too i bet, yes?

Keep opening your mouth/ typing.

« Reply #1289 on: August 29, 2019, 12:08:35 AM »
Maube you sjould ask yourself.

Are you king troll because youve fished along 10 roundies?

Or are you probably wrong because 10 roundies have refuted beyond refute, every single post.
And NO flatties have come to the rescue?
Not even jane?
(Probably because you havent posted a decent representation of a flat theory for her to "defend").
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:10:26 AM by Themightykabool »