Your thoughts on Elon musk?

• 1459 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Your thoughts on Elon musk?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2022, 09:23:42 AM »
Looks like it really might happen, now. Certain segments of Twitter are in meltdown mode, threatening to leave.

I thought Musk's whole pitch was that he was going to make it better? And all the free speech blah blah

I find Elon to be a pompous prick and I think Twitter is dumb. While I'm sure it wont I'd love to see Twitter fail after this lol

But I can see how some people might find it disturbing. Sounds like his idea of 'free speech' is a 'no holds barred' giving everyone a license to be trolls and dickwads to each other relegating the twiiterverse as a cesspit (well more than it already was)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2022, 09:46:57 AM »
Well looks like a deal is reached....

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2022, 11:53:17 AM »
Looks like it really might happen, now. Certain segments of Twitter are in meltdown mode, threatening to leave.

I thought Musk's whole pitch was that he was going to make it better? And all the free speech blah blah

I find Elon to be a pompous prick and I think Twitter is dumb. While I'm sure it wont I'd love to see Twitter fail after this lol

But I can see how some people might find it disturbing. Sounds like his idea of 'free speech' is a 'no holds barred' giving everyone a license to be trolls and dickwads to each other relegating the twiiterverse as a cesspit (well more than it already was)

His pitch was for free speech, the people threatening to leave don't like free speech. They're not really going to leave, tho.

I have never seen him say anything about 'no holds barred' free speech. The way Twitter is now, people can be dickwads and get away with it, but only if they have the correct (identity)  politics.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2022, 12:18:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518623997054918657?s=20&t=I8pdTBtDitWAiyjkKi6i1w

I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that is what free speech means

I think he's got a traditional view of free speech.

Of course, he blocks people and they seem to think that means he really doesn't believe in free speech, but they don't understand the difference between getting to say things, and making other people pay attention to what you say.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:48 PM »
they don't understand the difference between getting to say things, and making other people pay attention to what you say.
I can't wait for Elon Musk to try and teach those folks about consent. That should make for a fun show to watch.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 12:59:39 PM »
Musk wants to 'authenticate everyone'. So does that mean even Russian bots can get the blue tick too?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2022, 12:59:52 PM »
Despite what Fox News and other conservative outlets claim, Twitter seems pretty open to all kinds of identity politics. Plenty of anti-tran and gay bashing going on there.

Through their coverage and on social media, right-wing media have ramped up attacks accusing LGBTQ people and opponents of Florida’s latest anti-LGBTQ legislation of “grooming” children.

In a new study, Media Matters analyzed millions of Facebook and Twitter posts that push related anti-LGBTQ language and found this narrative initially spiked in March with anti-LGBTQ Twitter account “Libs of TikTok” at the helm, and the attacks further ramped up in April as right-wing outlets and figures with large followings further amplified the language.

https://www.losangelesblade.com/2022/04/22/twitter-libs-of-tiktok-amplified-anti-lgbtq-hate-attacks-exploding-online/

I wonder if Elon will change ant of that.  I don't use it, I detest the whole concept but I hope he doesn't put Trump back on to continue spreading his lies and hate. We have plenty of hate on there already.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2022, 01:18:05 PM »
Well looks like Elons favourite cryptocurrency Dogecoin is shooting up. It will probably go up even more when he makes people pay with doge to get authenticated lol

He says it's not about the money..... lol

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2022, 01:28:07 PM »
Musk wants to 'authenticate everyone'. So does that mean even Russian bots can get the blue tick too?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1517215066550116354?s=20&t=PAfZHy7CXMozmDI6OobafA
If our twitter bid succeeds, we will defeat the spam bots or die trying!

His "authenticate real humans" tweet was in reply to this tweet.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2022, 03:19:11 PM »
Maybe all the libs will go to Parler or Truth Social in protest.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

appletoast

• Round Earther, honest, open debate only
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2022, 03:38:57 PM »
Maybe all the libs will go to Parler or Truth Social in protest.

That would be hilarious!

As long as they don't physically move to TX or FL.
appletoast is delicious

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2022, 12:05:25 AM »
I think the government should run a free speech website. 

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2022, 01:52:07 AM »

He says he's a "free speech absolutist".  Good luck with that. 

He might find out that Nike and Coca Cola don't much like their adverts appearing next to posts promoting white power or peadophilia.    ::)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2022, 06:25:11 AM »
Louis XIV the Sun-King born of royalty, considered by many including himself as given the divine right to rule by god.
Built himself one of the largest palace complexes in the world at Versailles (12 miles of roads, 200,000 trees, 50 fountains, 2,150 windows, 67 staircases, 6,000 paintings, 1,500 drawings, 2,100 sculptures and 5,000 pieces of furniture), went all catholic and revoked the Edict of Nantes, banning protestant teaching, burning their churches and annulling their marriages and in doing so lost many skilled artisans who sneaked out of the country to England, Germany and the Americas.

But he did strengthen the army, annul the power of his barons by having them serve at his court, get a wet humid part of America named for him, encourage piracy and become the power of Europe, eventually beggaring his country fighting  the War of Spanish succession, he patronised the arts, encouraged industry, fostered trade and commerce, and sponsored the founding of an overseas empire, all in all he was considered a great king.

In taking over one of the preeminent methods of modern broadcasting he (Musk) may be going for the top job, recognising its ability to circumvent traditional media and give him unprecedented access and command of the thoughts of voters, and in doing so, become the new Sun-King, of America.
A better option than Trump, De Santis and the corpse king, maybe.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2022, 07:04:06 AM »
A memelord for president? Fuck, I really hate that idea. I mean, I hate it less than some of the alternatives, but I hate that I hate it less than other very real possibilities for our future.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2022, 07:55:54 AM »

He says he's a "free speech absolutist".  Good luck with that. 

He might find out that Nike and Coca Cola don't much like their adverts appearing next to posts promoting white power or peadophilia.    ::)

Nike and Coke haven't been complaining about the pedos on Twitter for the past few years, have they? Twitter made the decision to allow MAPs on the platform in 2019. (MAP = minor attracted person)

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2022, 08:45:56 AM »
Well, I don't know anything about that...don't really follow it that closely.  I'm sure those people don't have freedom to say whatever they like.

However to make money (which is why it exists as a public corporation) Twitter must become attractive to corporate sponsors.  If Musky takes it the other way, then he can watch his investment tank.

Talking of tanking, that's what Tesla stock has been doing all day.  Not sure why, but it swings wildly anyway as there's a lot of speculative money in it.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »
I'm not sure but I don't think making money off of Twitter is a priority for Musk.

I'm not sure what his intentions are.  Maybe he's given up on the whole self driving car thing and wants to be an influencer on social media.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2022, 09:06:03 AM »
I don't want to send you down the Twitter MAP rabbit hole. lol They're not allowed to say whatever they want, but they do get away with talking about the age of the children they want to fuck. It's a weird group, that has support from some famous sexologists like James Cantor and Prostasia.

It's weird about advertising. I mean, I don't see any ads on anything because I use ublock origin. I think adblockers have become so good now, and Twitter has had difficulty with ads all along anyway, I don't even know how it can make money. Maybe integrated ads, where they are part of your timeline or on the sidebar or something.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2022, 10:15:06 AM »
This is actually an issue that affects us directly, as we have been banned for impersonating ourselves, I presume due to our views. I'm curious to see how this will change.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2022, 10:32:27 AM »
as we have been banned for impersonating ourselves
Tell me more... ???

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2022, 10:54:24 AM »
as we have been banned for impersonating ourselves
Tell me more... ???

I think the others had a friend working for Twitter and were able to get a bunch of FES accts banned.

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2022, 12:40:07 PM »
This is actually an issue that affects us directly, as we have been banned for impersonating ourselves, I presume due to our views. I'm curious to see how this will change.

Fighting the constant uphill battle against Poe’s law must be quite trying.

Kind of ironic if the owner of a space technology company makes things easier for you though.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2022, 12:26:21 AM »

Are you serious?     
KKK and baby rapers?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2022, 06:50:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519480761749016577?s=20&t=Eb8RvgrGU7UQfx8y3fHpvA

Next I’m buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in

MAKE COCA COLA GREAT AGAIN!

(he's joking, people got mad anyway)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2022, 12:25:18 PM »
Fighting the constant uphill battle against Poe’s law must be quite trying.

Kind of ironic if the owner of a space technology company makes things easier for you though.

I keep forgetting Elon has to be a big part of the grand global conspiracy. It would be ironic indeed.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2022, 12:10:32 AM »
Elon Musk is turning into a far right deranged fuckwit, stoking further divisions in an already toxic partisan society. Fuck him

Thank fuck he wasn't born in America or you can be sure as shit he'd run for president.

Know your place

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:33 AM »
Elon Musk is turning into a far right deranged fuckwit
I can't stand the guy, but what has he done that is "far right"?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2022, 08:56:47 AM »
Apparently it is "far right" to say you are a centrist.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2022, 01:37:16 PM »
It's insane how far the fringes have gotten.

Joe Biden is a crazy radical extreme liberal socalist? That's just insane.

The whole world has been taking a massive hard right for the past few decades.