Elon Muskrat forcing people to buy tesla by using brain manipulation

• 146 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Elon Muskrat forcing people to buy tesla by using brain manipulation
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2020, 11:35:55 AM »
No actually let's make actual subways instead of Musk's idiotic reimagining of them. It's almost like what he was trying to make already exists and is 10 times more efficient.
You guys don't even know what Hyperloop is, do you?

Hyperloop is not a subway.  It's a high speed transport in a vacuum tube, much like the old fashioned pneumatic tube systems.

Yeah and that's why it sucks.

It'd be really expensive to build and also very dangerous, especially in earthquake regions but also due to potential terrorism etc.

Simply entering that thing (which is in a nearly complete vacuum) in a safe and reliable way would already be hard.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 11:40:10 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2020, 11:54:35 AM »
It just confuses me that so many people are so strongly opposed to trying new things. How the heck do you think we do new stuff if we don't try?
I dunno, wanna try cock and ball torture? No? Why are you so opposed to trying new things?

Something like the hyperloop is terrible for many different reasons. First of all it is completely stupid.But that is not the greatest issue.

The way to understand why he is doing these things is by seeing them as a big marketing campaign. Tesla is supposedly known for not making ads etc. Well, they market themselves in a different way. So Musk doing all this stuff isn't just him blowing money on random stuff he likes. It is a marketing campaign, it cultivates his image as a pioneer and boosts his companies. Tesla has been operating on the promise of constant innovation, I think they only briefly made a profit for one quarter and then went into the red again. I'm not sure but I know for sure that Tesla has not been making a profit for the vast majority of its time operating. So the way it is kept afloat is by new investors constantly jumping on board on the promise that one day its gonna get far ahead of the competition due to innovation and make a huge profit. So it is crucial for Musk to try and give off that image, it does not really matter if whatever he promises actually works.

However there is something much dangerous going on here. People have started looking at Musk as if he is someone who's gonna save the world. And, I mean, that's the image he cultivates. Musk is gonna solve all of the world's problems! But this is a serious deflection from the things that actually need to happen, because then instead of focusing on important policy change (for global warming for instance), you passively wait for supposed innovations that will somehow solve all the issues of the world. "Global warming? Eh whatever, Musk is gonna give us all electric cars and then we'll be fine."

Public transport is very important for decreasing emissions and solving traffic jams. Subways are a very eco friendly and very efficient solution. But Musk doesn't care about solving the issue, he cares about his image and selling his cars. You can't sell cars if everyone uses the subway. So his idea was "let's do subways but with cars instead". Which is of course stupid, expensive, impractical and less efficient. However by promoting it he may manage to deflect public opinion away from demanding more public transport and convince cities to stall investment on PT in favor of waiting for Musk's thing. At least the idea was so dumb that it is incredibly unlikely any city will actually ever invest on it.

Elon Musk is not only ignorant, but batshit crazy

Like his dumb idea to detonate nuclear warheads on Mars to terraform it

All levels of WTF and ignorance to how the science works

https://www.space.com/elon-musk-nuke-mars-terraforming.html

Another stupid brain fart bubble like that he tweeted to captivate his brain dead audience. 'Nuke Mars'

In a similar way his 'Boring Company' idea came about

For the record, as a testament to Elon Musks idiocy and brushing aside logitistics. When he was told he would need thousands of the most powerful nuclear warheads ever created and detonating thousands of those every day he's like 'No problem'

He's a dick. He knows he'll never really be expected to follow through. He just wants publicity. He even had T-shirts of 'Nuke Mars' made.

None of these projects are serious to him. They are publicity stunts.

It's funny. We want to make Mars a nice place to live despite what a shitty, inhospitable wasteland it is. Has any one of these nerds thought about how we can make Earth better given the threat of climate change?

Let's just go and nuke Mars ::)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2020, 11:59:09 AM »
No actually let's make actual subways instead of Musk's idiotic reimagining of them. It's almost like what he was trying to make already exists and is 10 times more efficient.

Hyperloop is not a subway.  It's a high speed transport in a vacuum tube, much like the old fashioned pneumatic tube systems.

Yeah and that's why it sucks.

It'd be really expensive to build and also very dangerous, especially in earthquake regions but also due to potential terrorism etc.

Simply entering that thing (which is in a nearly complete vacuum) in a safe and reliable way would already be hard.

Elon also want to instead of using planes to transport people around the world to use rockets aka the 'Big Fucking Rocket' (BFR)

https://www.fastcompany.com/90144947/elon-musk-wants-to-replace-airplanes-with-rockets
Elon Musk doesn’t want to wait. He doesn’t want to wait in traffic to eat a taco in downtown L.A., so he’s boring tunnels for his car. He doesn’t want to endure a long road trip to drink beers with his pointy-eared buddies at Area 51, so he’s building Hyperloops. And he really doesn’t want to wait to go to Mars, so in an announcement made last night in Australia, he unveiled a new design for his Big Fucking Rocket, or BFR (its official name), and a sound plan to finance his endeavor.

But there’s one more thing–yes, he actually said those words. Musk doesn’t want to wait the next time he feels like eating street noodles in Shanghai, so he wants to use his BFR to replace airplanes for long-distance travel here on Earth. According to Musk, the cost per seat would be “about the same as full-fare economy in an aircraft.” Imagine that: 24 minutes to fly from New York to Shanghai. Or one hour to fly to your location’s antipodes. In a rocket! Through space! It sounds insane, but he’s bloody serious about it.

Imagine the carbon footprint and finite resource wastage of hundreds of those flying every day. And people think he's a genius lol

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »
It just confuses me that so many people are so strongly opposed to trying new things. How the heck do you think we do new stuff if we don't try?
I dunno, wanna try cock and ball torture? No? Why are you so opposed to trying new things?

Something like the hyperloop is terrible for many different reasons. First of all it is completely stupid.But that is not the greatest issue.

The way to understand why he is doing these things is by seeing them as a big marketing campaign. Tesla is supposedly known for not making ads etc. Well, they market themselves in a different way. So Musk doing all this stuff isn't just him blowing money on random stuff he likes. It is a marketing campaign, it cultivates his image as a pioneer and boosts his companies. Tesla has been operating on the promise of constant innovation, I think they only briefly made a profit for one quarter and then went into the red again. I'm not sure but I know for sure that Tesla has not been making a profit for the vast majority of its time operating. So the way it is kept afloat is by new investors constantly jumping on board on the promise that one day its gonna get far ahead of the competition due to innovation and make a huge profit. So it is crucial for Musk to try and give off that image, it does not really matter if whatever he promises actually works.

However there is something much dangerous going on here. People have started looking at Musk as if he is someone who's gonna save the world. And, I mean, that's the image he cultivates. Musk is gonna solve all of the world's problems! But this is a serious deflection from the things that actually need to happen, because then instead of focusing on important policy change (for global warming for instance), you passively wait for supposed innovations that will somehow solve all the issues of the world. "Global warming? Eh whatever, Musk is gonna give us all electric cars and then we'll be fine."

Public transport is very important for decreasing emissions and solving traffic jams. Subways are a very eco friendly and very efficient solution. But Musk doesn't care about solving the issue, he cares about his image and selling his cars. You can't sell cars if everyone uses the subway. So his idea was "let's do subways but with cars instead". Which is of course stupid, expensive, impractical and less efficient. However by promoting it he may manage to deflect public opinion away from demanding more public transport and convince cities to stall investment on PT in favor of waiting for Musk's thing. At least the idea was so dumb that it is incredibly unlikely any city will actually ever invest on it.

Another stupid brain fart bubble like that he tweeted to captivate his brain dead audience. 'Nuke Mars'

For the record, as a testament to Elon Musks idiocy and brushing aside logitistics. When he was told he would need thousands of the most powerful nuclear warheads ever created and detonating thousands of those every day he's like 'No problem'

He's a dick. He knows he'll never really be expected to follow through. He just wants publicity. He even had T-shirts of 'Nuke Mars' made.

It's funny. We want to make Mars a nice place to live despite what a shitty, inhospitable wasteland it is. Has any one of these nerds thought about how we can make Earth better given the threat of climate change?

Yeah, but kinda so what? So what if he has some koo-koo publicity wielding ideas. I'm pretty impressed with Tesla, been in a few. Like them a lot. Pretty impressed with Space X. Both of which he has followed through on. As for nuking Mars and digging holes, whatever. Don't really care. If he wants to pour billions into that, good for him, whatever. Some sort of implant that may aid someone who can't walk to actually walk, that would be great. I guess we'll just wait and see if anything really comes of it. If making such an announcement sells more Tesla's, good for him and his marketing strategy.

I don't buy into the "Musk will save us from ourselves" so the world remains passive on issues that matter thing. Maybe some people feel that way, but I would consider them idiots. As for digging holes and putting cars on sleds seems actually pretty worthwhile in a place like LA. I don't know if you've ever been there, but everyone, and I mean everyone drives. And because of it's sprawl there's little appetite for public transpo. So as a stop-gap, it could be an interesting addendum to how people get around. Not a panacea, but better than it is today.

I don't really get why there is so much hate or why anyone even really cares. He's a marketer who sells products and he is pretty good at it. Not to mention I wish I could get my hands on one of his flamethrowers.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2020, 01:32:06 PM »

Yeah, but kinda so what? So what if he has some koo-koo publicity wielding ideas. I'm pretty impressed with Tesla, been in a few. Like them a lot. Pretty impressed with Space X. Both of which he has followed through on. As for nuking Mars and digging holes, whatever. Don't really care. If he wants to pour billions into that, good for him, whatever. Some sort of implant that may aid someone who can't walk to actually walk, that would be great. I guess we'll just wait and see if anything really comes of it. If making such an announcement sells more Tesla's, good for him and his marketing strategy.

I don't buy into the "Musk will save us from ourselves" so the world remains passive on issues that matter thing. Maybe some people feel that way, but I would consider them idiots. As for digging holes and putting cars on sleds seems actually pretty worthwhile in a place like LA. I don't know if you've ever been there, but everyone, and I mean everyone drives. And because of it's sprawl there's little appetite for public transpo. So as a stop-gap, it could be an interesting addendum to how people get around. Not a panacea, but better than it is today.

I don't really get why there is so much hate or why anyone even really cares. He's a marketer who sells products and he is pretty good at it. Not to mention I wish I could get my hands on one of his flamethrowers.

My main contention with Elon is that he is just not serious on a lot of these projects. A lot of them are not even new. This neural link? It's old news. Dressed up to get attention. People have had implants that have been able to mind control technology for quite some time.

I know people that think Elon is the bees knees and that his intellect is as genius as Nikola Tesla and a rocket scientist put together.

Space X and Tesla are the only things he has followed through with in recent years and he is not the brains behind the tech. Just a money man that can put it together. Anything else he talks about on any other project is just fluff

That, and maybe a hair regrowth company if you consider what he used to look like.

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2020, 02:13:18 PM »

My main contention with Elon is that he is just not serious on a lot of these projects. A lot of them are not even new. This neural link? It's old news. Dressed up to get attention. People have had implants that have been able to mind control technology for quite some time.

I know people that think Elon is the bees knees and that his intellect is as genius as Nikola Tesla and a rocket scientist put together.

Space X and Tesla are the only things he has followed through with in recent years and he is not the brains behind the tech. Just a money man that can put it together. Anything else he talks about on any other project is just fluff

That, and maybe a hair regrowth company if you consider what he used to look like.

I get it. He's a smug billionaire who markets himself as Tony Stark and some people buy the hype. I never said he was that likable. He's sort of an American version of Branson. But I would say it's no small achievement to build a somewhat revolutionary car company from the ground up and have it be profitable (as of June 2020, Tesla has now been profitable for four straight quarters). I mean Delorean had to buy kilos of blow from undercover robe-clad FBI agents just to keep his car company barely above water. So I would say Tesla is on the plus side of a tough industry. As well, no small achievement in building rockets and putting shit (and now humans) into space and somewhat revolutionizing space into a privatized industry. Perhaps even a profitable one. Two pretty amazing feats.

And of course he's not the brains behind the engineering. But certainly the brains behind the marketing and definitely a fair amount of risk taking acumen in even toe-dipping in the aforementioned industries.

If the other stuff he dabbles in are fluff and only meant to market/promote his main money-makers, so be it. Seems to be working. I guess it's akin to Branson setting solo ballooning records and such. Seems frivolous and even ridiculous. But it's something he wanted to do and it certainly gets the Virgin name out there from a branding perspective.

And if his neural stuff seems trite then that's fine. You don't have to get one. But just like the cars and space, people have made cars and space vehicles before, maybe he's just doing it differently or even better. Maybe his neural stuff, though not new, may be better or even cheaper/more accessible. Something being done before doesn't mean someone can't try and build a better mousetrap.

All in all, if people do actually view him as Iron Man, good for them and good for him. I still think the Tesla's are kinda sweet, I dig the space endeavors, and I still want a flamethrower.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2020, 04:42:21 AM »

Musk's loop idea isn't that. His idea is a subway where basically instead of trains you got cars. The hyperloop you are talking about is a much different idea which is also kinda dumb but probably not as dumb as Musk's idea.

You are right though, I shouldn't have said hyperloop. But I don't know if the other thing has a name.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:45:36 AM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2020, 04:49:13 AM »
Now that Musk has, we can start learning from his failures.  Someone has to start or we will never progress.

Is anyone actually paying attention to this conversation or is the blood-rage over hating Elon Musk driving rational thought out the window?
Ah yes, why not waste a shitload of (partwise public!) money for ideas like the hyperloop or solar roadways, that both are known to be failures?
Better use money for actual research, you know, science and stuff.

Actually, I don't think Elon is pursuing the HyperLoop concept, per se. He proposed it, but is not building it. He has the Boring Company, but others are in the HyperLoop game. Virgin, for example, is apparently going to start building one in Dubai later this year.

Yes, I said hyperloop when I meant the boring company thing.

But yeah, Dubai truly is the Mecca of pointless shit lol. They spent billions of dollars building a bunch of sand islands in the sea and then left them to rot because no one wanted to build anything on them, except for, like, one small resort.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2020, 05:21:52 AM »
Just watched Iron Man 2 with the family and who is in it? Elon f*cking Musk  >:(

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2020, 05:23:46 AM »
@Cry
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2020, 06:32:05 AM »
Just watched Iron Man 2 with the family and who is in it? Elon f*cking Musk  >:(
It's a shit film as well.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2020, 07:06:05 AM »

Musk's loop idea isn't that. His idea is a subway where basically instead of trains you got cars. The hyperloop you are talking about is a much different idea which is also kinda dumb but probably not as dumb as Musk's idea.

You are right though, I shouldn't have said hyperloop. But I don't know if the other thing has a name.
Actually, they are both Musk ideas.  He funded some initial Hyperloop research but later on he decided to open source it and then dropped it to let the rest of the industry take it over.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Actually, they are both Musk ideas. 
Neither using evacuated tunnels to move carriages around or boring tunnels was Musk's idea.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2020, 02:09:37 PM »
@Cry

I had enough self control

Apart from the few seconds of Elon Musk interjecting himself, the film was not bad for a comic book movie. I've seen worse

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2020, 11:59:43 PM »

What if they build in basements for scared little pussies like you to hide in?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2020, 12:03:27 AM »

I wouldn't go down there because I don't feel like meeting retards such as yourself in real life.

Member of the BOTD

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2020, 12:13:23 AM »

I wouldn't go down there because I don't feel like meeting retards such as yourself in real life.

I have a chess set.   :D

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2020, 12:16:22 AM »

It'd be boring, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Member of the BOTD

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2020, 12:20:07 AM »

I have Hot Wheels.   :D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2020, 06:25:10 AM »

I have Hot Wheels.   :D
Do you have an Atari 5200?

Pezevenk

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2020, 11:49:50 AM »

Actually, they are both Musk ideas.  He funded some initial Hyperloop research but later on he decided to open source it and then dropped it to let the rest of the industry take it over.
Take what over lmao

(also it wasn't his idea, the vaccum tube thing is a really really old idea)

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2020, 12:22:43 PM »

Take what over lmao

Old indeed...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »

Take what over lmao

The idea is very old, but the the research to develop it into a practical solution is relatively new.

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2020, 01:36:29 PM »
The idea is very old, but the the research to develop it into a practical solution is relatively new.
Except nobody has shown any practical solution.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2020, 01:59:13 PM »

Take what over lmao

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »
Except nobody has shown any practical solution.
Which is the reason for the ongoing research.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »

Do you have an Atari 5200?

Is that like pong?