What has happened??

• 103 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
What has happened??
« on: February 10, 2024, 06:29:53 AM »
Is the site dying?? It breaks my heart, it's so quiet. So many of the regulars are inactive, I can hear a pin drop. Hell I called crouton names in AR and nothing, that's when you know things a broken.

Can't let the ship sink!!

We must ban together folks!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: What has happened??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 08:57:11 AM »
Well,
Rabinoz died, I'm not sure if you were around for that.
boydster... I'm not sure what happened.  I think some kind of crisis in real life made him really antisocial.
Shifter changed jobs to something that required him to actually work.  That was a hard peace out.  I don't think he's even logged in since then.
D1 left in a rage over... um pedophiles taking over this site?  I don't know what he's talking about.
Then the base level of conversation just dropped to a point where a lot of the regulars stopped visiting.

This forum sort of requires a steady supply of new blood which we aren't getting since the flat earth hasn't been getting nearly as much attention as it did 10 years ago.

I'm not going to lie, it's pretty grim and depressing.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 02:21:15 PM »
Damn you aren't joking, I just looked at the metrics, the place is damn near dead. How damn depressing, there has to be something that can be done?

I will sink with this ship though, just the sound of my own voice and jack black off in the distance yelling at clouds.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 03:23:28 PM »
The only thing that will revive forums is if we can nuke facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, and tiktok. The decline of forums has been happening for 10yrs now. Every few months someone posts that the FES is dying.

The way to keep it alive, is just post stuff.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 04:58:50 PM »
On the bright side moderation is much easier.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 09:05:29 PM »
The only thing that will revive forums is if we can nuke facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, and tiktok. The decline of forums has been happening for 10yrs now. Every few months someone posts that the FES is dying.

The way to keep it alive, is just post stuff.

Forums have been dying for a long time, but this place was still doing alright. Sure not a monster amount of people but they were active and made things interesting. It seems after looking at the metrics somewhere around mid 23 it just died. Not sure what happened, but it hurts my heart.

Also, yes I was here when rab passed and it's sad thinking about that again. I really enjoyed our DMs and conversations in public. I always enjoyed his stories, and finally seeing a picture of him made it real.

Well, that is a double dose of depression for my night

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 05:38:08 AM »
Another thing that has been killing forums is how people silo themselves. They don't want to talk to people who might have different opinions. I see it on Twitter all the time. Young people are convinced (by each other, and older people who should know better) that reading and interacting with diverse viewpoints is literally harmful to their mental health.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »
You can see timeis and data and jack and ferma and sando and turbo all having conversations with thenselves.

I tjought shifter/wolfpokemon guy only comes out when d1 comes out.

RIP the goat rab

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 10:08:42 AM »
Nope.  Shifter's contribution here apparently was based purely off a job so boring and which required so little of him that he could post non stop to the flat earth society.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 10:27:39 AM »
Hahha
I thought he had a very important jib that only required him to do stuff when diaaster hits.

Homer simpons alarm watcher type job.

So whats jacks excuse for time?
Or is it robots dont sleep and they can operate at hiigher rate than any human
Haha

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »

Also the world has gone totally mental so we're all digging bunkers, which is time consuming and my back hurts so sitting down is a pain, and how many times can you say Trump is a fascist and Biden is practically dead before you get bored of yourself when you could be watching re-runs of Time team, and if Jacky decides to join a discussion then you know pretty soon it will become a mire that only fire can cleanse.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 11:21:30 AM »
Nope.  Shifter's contribution here apparently was based purely off a job so boring and which required so little of him that he could post non stop to the flat earth society.

I am offended we were just a means of escape from boredom. I dedicated substantial me time to this forum at one point. Especially the rocket thread and the 9/11 thread lol.

This forum and people here deserve better! If I could slap him on the nose I would!

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 11:56:52 AM »
Sceppys intercontonenal balsotc missile?!?!?!?!?!?@

Where sceppy kept it up to near record breaking pg count!?!?!?!?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 02:33:52 PM »
The facebook group has TONs of reach. I would be happy to post a weekly thread to try to seed in some new users if someone will A) create quality threads and B) point me to them weekly. Things that might convert people into making an account to show someone up or what not, or just quality threads.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 02:34:07 PM »
Sceppys intercontonenal balsotc missile?!?!?!?!?!?@

Where sceppy kept it up to near record breaking pg count!?!?!?!?

Lol, no the baby rocket thread

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 11:10:22 PM »
I guess the rounders have lost all arguements.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 09:21:36 AM »
You guys need to post more often then. I feel like I'm alone sometimes against the RE horde. I'd like some ppl to talk to occasionally. Though to be honest, I seem to argue with everyone. Making friends is hard for me.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 10:26:23 AM »
Self reflection and therapy might address those issues.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2024, 02:47:26 PM »
Sorry bulma, no one has a sense of humor anymore.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2024, 04:36:01 PM »
I laughed at him earlier

They ddi not like that

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2024, 06:20:12 AM »
I don't think the site is dying. Of course, there's always going to be a lull at times and a lot of potential alternative thinkers will likely be put off when they see the globalists going beserk trying to defend the globe.

You see the alternative thinkers don't back each other up regardless of not agreeing with each other's stance, whereas the globalists back each other up as if they were one entity. Hmmmmm.
Anyway, what happens is, the globalists appear to be the majority and don't have to think much because all their work is done for them and it's simply at the touch of a button/key.

Having said that some global believers do possess the ability to think for themselves and can be interesting and will interact with alternative thinkers. There just aren't many of them.

For those people who have their thoughts on what Earth is or anything then start posting and interacting and don't let anyone bully you out of those thoughts, no matter how outlandish you think they may be to others or how certain people will try their best to try and ridicule.
The ridiculers are the weak ones so never forget that.

The mods and admin are pretty fair on here and allow all sides to go their distance so nobody can complain about that.

It's fine to disagree and it's also fine to have your very own thoughts. Just don't be scared to put them out there and learn to stand by your ideals. But try and be nice even when it's not afforded to you.

So, to all you potential posters looking in and to all those who have taken a break because they feel alienated, then I suggest you get posting and bring more life back into this forum.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2024, 11:34:31 AM »
FES can't die  :'(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2024, 12:19:24 PM »
We can evolve to the antiflatearthsociety

Aka
Society

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2024, 11:24:27 PM »
It's not dying. FE is winning. There is now enough content out there that people are paralyzed in discussion.

It is a much different situation now than in 2007 when there was essentially no content other than an online copy of Earth Not a Globe. Back then it was something new to the modern world and something to discuss and debate about. Today there is so much more FE content to consume that it paralyzes discussion. People are not prepared to do much in response other than possible denial.

I see it all the time, in real time, when I post one of the tfes.org wiki links. Discussion just stops and the thread dies. I know that you and the wider FE community have your own kind of content where this happens too.

FE is becoming an alternative science thing that exists like Astrology. No one really debates Astrology anymore. Are there massive debates on the merits of Astrology going on somewhere? No. Despite that Astrology is known of by billions of people, the Astrology forums that do exist are dead. I know for a fact that this Flat Earth forum was far more popular and discussion-filled than any Astrology forum to exist on the internet.

Maybe there was large scale discussion in public or academic discusson venues about Astrology at some point in history, but now there is enough evidence to the public that somehow there might be something there, and people just want to consume content about it rather than discuss it or debate it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:12:46 AM by Tom Bishop »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2024, 12:19:20 AM »
I like your positgasm.

I vote BomTishop for Mode!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2024, 07:06:15 AM »
Tom enters the room.
People stop talking.
Awareness level unachieved.

Did bishop just compare fes alternative facts to astrology?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2024, 12:34:07 PM »
Take a look at Homeopathy as well. There are known descriptions from science authorities that Homeopathy is impossible to work because the active ingredients are so diluted, to which the reply from Homeopathy proponents are theories  of "law of minimum dose" that lower dosages can give greater effect. Many people probably know that much about it. If we stopped there at stories of counter-intuitive theories it would be rejected by the public and most would express skepticism and resistance.

However, it is more than just a story. There are also many people who claim experience that Homeopathy does work, which itself is a form of evidence. There is evidence there in the form of many testimonials, and even people who claim that lines of homeopathic products for pets has helped their furry friends. If you go to the homeopathic product pages on Amazon, you will find mostly positive reviews. This is evidence, and is as believable as an eye witness to a crime is believable. It's possible the witness is lying or mistaken for some reason, but the public isn't really keen on debating witness claims and just accepts it. They accept the claims of Homeopathy and interpret that there is some form of evidence there. They are willing to try it. There is so much acceptance on this that mainstream health grocer stores in the US like Whole Foods and Sprouts feature and sell homeopathic remedies right in the supplement aisle without public resistance.

Now, whether you believe that the claims on Homeopathy are false or misinterpreted is irrelevant. Your strong anti stance is the minority. The public interprets that there is evidence for it and so they accept it instead of fighting it. This is where we are getting with Flat Earth Theory - people don't want to debate it anymore because there is enough content and advocates out there that there is a perception that there may be something to it, and therefore the public is mainly put into a mode of information consumption.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:04:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2024, 02:38:20 AM »
I laughed at him earlier

They ddi not like that

That's not what we mean by sense of humor. Laugh with ppl, not at them.

Anyway, diabetes seems to be getting the better of me, so you guys need to be active in spreading the word if I'm gone. When you say nothing, it's all echo chamber for ppl like Data and JackBlack. Keep active, okay?

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2024, 04:23:28 AM »

Does it mean what you think it means though Tommy? 2-8% of a population believing or just taking a remedy that isn’t going to actually hurt them in the forlorn hope it does some good, plus the placebo effect, plus, as this place shows an awful lot of people able to believe the most ridiculous things if some grifter decides to pedal rubbish to the ill-informed and gullible for a profit, especially if they are told they are special for doing so.

Astrology, crystal healing, Reiki, homeopathy, where somebody has bothered to look into its efficacy the results have been less than positive, but the king believes it so it must be true, and of course the powers that be are going to want to suppress it, for reasons, and you all are so very special because who wants to be labeled normal, and as soon as you find they have lied about something (which they do), then everything is suspect, and there is always some stronger charismatic that can lead you to the truth, providing you buy their golden boots or contribute to their funding because god wants them to have a Lear-jet.

But don’t mind me I’m just a shill for the man, carry on.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2024, 09:51:26 AM »
Did bishop just compare fes alternative facts to astrology?
And homeopathy!  To this day I've still no idea whether Bishop is satire or a real person.

Either way, here you have the holy trinity of nonsense:

Flat earth
Astrology
Homeopathy

It's classic, old school bullshit and I like it!
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis