A question to any passionate Flat Earther.

• 41 Replies
A question to any passionate Flat Earther.
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
I have a question. In the Q.A it states that only those connected to the conspiracy have access to to heights from which the shape of the earth can be discerned.

I am wondering, why have no FE'rs chosen to step into such a programme ? If they believe it so strongly, would they not desire nothing more than a chance to see for themselves ? If one was to stay ENTIRELY quiet until after they leave the 'conspiracy' agency, they could easily get the data and get out. It would be a life long mission, for sure - but there must be someone who cares about it enough to do so ?

And please don't say they are worried they will get killed... if it is REALLY the truth, are they not willing to give up their own life to get the truth out ? Thus far the government has not shut down this web page..As was stated in the Q.A, shutting the site down might open up suspicion. You could not post it as anything related to 'proof' give it completely different name - be smart about it.

There would be ways to get this done - so please, why don't you ?

I do not personally believe the world is flat - but am open to new EVIDENCE ( not theory) I personally do believe there is alot of conspiracy within many agencies - but this is not one that I believe is a conspiracy. I invite you please, show me I am wrong. I love to learn new things =D

Peace.

( P.s, I DO appreciate theories, I like to keep an open mind, but I could not state 100% that the Earth is flat based on theory alone.)

?

trig

Re: A question to any passionate Flat Earther.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
The "see to believe" attitude is exactly what FE'rs need to keep the illusion of a debate going.

Even if one of the staunch FE theorists decides to go and see the horizon for himself, for example by renting a Russian fighter jet and flying above 70,000 feet high, several answers are already designed to make the fail seem like a win:
  • The window of the plane was not perfectly flat
  • They drugged me
  • It seemed flat to me anyway
  • It is a strange effect caused by the flashlight-shaped Sun
  • It was bendy light
  • The camera's lens has a strong spherical aberration
  • The lack of air made me see visions

If everything else fails, other staunch FE'rs will say that the Conspiracy got to this particular person, or that the account was overtaken by an RE'r.

This kind of impossible experiments feeds the FE illusion.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
It would likely be a waste of time because if they exist they surely know about us.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
If who exists ?

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
Flat earthers + evidence = lol

They enjoy keeping it a theory and will probably always remain a theory.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:46:49 PM by frozen_berries »

Catchpa

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »
I have a question. In the Q.A it states that only those connected to the conspiracy have access to to heights from which the shape of the earth can be discerned.

I am wondering, why have no FE'rs chosen to step into such a programme ? If they believe it so strongly, would they not desire nothing more than a chance to see for themselves ? If one was to stay ENTIRELY quiet until after they leave the 'conspiracy' agency, they could easily get the data and get out. It would be a life long mission, for sure - but there must be someone who cares about it enough to do so ?

And please don't say they are worried they will get killed... if it is REALLY the truth, are they not willing to give up their own life to get the truth out ? Thus far the government has not shut down this web page..As was stated in the Q.A, shutting the site down might open up suspicion. You could not post it as anything related to 'proof' give it completely different name - be smart about it.

There would be ways to get this done - so please, why don't you ?

I do not personally believe the world is flat - but am open to new EVIDENCE ( not theory) I personally do believe there is alot of conspiracy within many agencies - but this is not one that I believe is a conspiracy. I invite you please, show me I am wrong. I love to learn new things =D

Peace.

( P.s, I DO appreciate theories, I like to keep an open mind, but I could not state 100% that the Earth is flat based on theory alone.)

You're asking too much for any human who believe in something. It's only in religions you see people dedicating their whole life to one belief, and that's only a small minority.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

Xerox

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 03:29:12 PM »
It would likely be a waste of time because if they exist they surely know about us.

LOL.

Lorddave

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »

If they know about you then it's highly likely that you pose no threat to them.  Or they don't exist.

In either case, your efforts of in vein.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
Flat earthers + evidence = lol

They enjoy keeping it a theory and will probably always remain a theory.

Man that sounds alot like evolution.

Slightly off topic, I apologize.  Im just sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:05:35 PM by WardoggKC130FE »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

LOL.
Keep contentless posting out of the serious fora

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »

If they know about you then it's highly likely that you pose no threat to them.  Or they don't exist.

I would be a threat to them presumably if I was trying to infiltrate their organization.

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to strap a camera to a ballon like that guy in England did?

Lorddave

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »

I would be a threat to them presumably if I was trying to infiltrate their organization.

Aren't you trying to educate the population to "The Truth"?  That seems like a treat to any organization.  Well... if it was successful anyway.

Wouldn't it be easier to strap a camera to a ballon like that guy in England did?
Would be, but FEers don't accept that as proof.  They state something about Bendy Light, or the "spotlight of the sun".

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »

Aren't you trying to educate the population to "The Truth"?  That seems like a treat to any organization.  Well... if it was successful anyway.
I wouldn't say thats what I'm trying to do.  However, have we had or does it look like we will have any reasonable amount of success in the forseeable future (at least in the eyes of the supposed Conspiracy?)

Lorddave

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »

I wouldn't say thats what I'm trying to do.  However, have we had or does it look like we will have any reasonable amount of success in the forseeable future (at least in the eyes of the supposed Conspiracy?)

Not even an iota in my eyes.

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »
So in short, there is in fact no Flat Earther who is so passionate about this theory that they would dedicate their life to such research?

Just sit at a computer and read other peoples 'information' sourced from someone elses... sounds alot like chinese whispers and pseudo science.

If you REALLY care about something that much, and believe humanity has the right to know - get your head out of a message board and get to it.

I think this just shows they love the attention of being 'different' to main stream. They are just keyboard and media attention heros.

The excuse 'the Government would know', you're giving the government far too much credit - they are mostly just puppets. Some would know if you were vocal about it - yes, posting all over message boards, getting involved in media. You are in fact making it more difficult for yourself. But if some of you would be more humble, and less heroic, you could achieve it.

Conspiracy theories will always stay as that as long as they are just theories. Is that what you want it to stay as ?   If you say that theory is enough for 'evidence' then the theories that point towards an RE are no less valid.

There is no definitive proof either way if you claim RE is a conspiracy - because in reality, atleast they have MORE evidence than you ( whether it be falsified or not).

Now, come on, get real, educate the world. Enlighten us.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:15 AM »
So in short, there is in fact no Flat Earther who is so passionate about this theory that they would dedicate their life to such research?

Just sit at a computer and read other peoples 'information' sourced from someone elses... sounds alot like chinese whispers and pseudo science.

If you REALLY care about something that much, and believe humanity has the right to know - get your head out of a message board and get to it.

I think this just shows they love the attention of being 'different' to main stream. They are just keyboard and media attention heros.

The excuse 'the Government would know', you're giving the government far too much credit - they are mostly just puppets. Some would know if you were vocal about it - yes, posting all over message boards, getting involved in media. You are in fact making it more difficult for yourself. But if some of you would be more humble, and less heroic, you could achieve it.

Conspiracy theories will always stay as that as long as they are just theories. Is that what you want it to stay as ?   If you say that theory is enough for 'evidence' then the theories that point towards an RE are no less valid.

There is no definitive proof either way if you claim RE is a conspiracy - because in reality, atleast they have MORE evidence than you ( whether it be falsified or not).

Their excuse is, no money.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 04:02:10 AM »
They don't need money to enter an agency and become say, an Astronaut. ( just as a silly example)

The government provides the money - and even if the GOVERNMENT lies about what they have seen ( and those associated - like they claim Astronauts have merely lied) - that won't stop THEM from seeing it.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 06:24:32 AM »

And you do anything better how?  Have built a rocket and put yourself into a stable orbit?  Have you performed any experiments to prove RET?  No, you took whatever word was stuffed down your throat by the public school system and took it at its word.  Congratulations hypocrite. 

Catchpa

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 07:10:54 AM »

And you do anything better how?  Have built a rocket and put yourself into a stable orbit?  Have you performed any experiments to prove RET?  No, you took whatever word was stuffed down your throat by the public school system and took it at its word.  Congratulations hypocrite. 

In my school we performed experiments when talking about the planets. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done so as well.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:37 AM »

In my school we performed experiments when talking about the planets. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done so as well.

And those experiments undeniably proved RET?  With out any other possible explanation?

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 07:16:05 AM »
Nice attitude there. I would LOVE to see them prove it all right - I am not a staunch believer in either - I have an interest in the matter, but also am aware of how corrupt Government groups can be... So nice work trying to tear me apart and call me an RE'r.

I believe it is MORE LIKELY that it's not all made up ( Round Earth ) and not a giant conspiracy -but this does not however make me a a firm believer. I am not one trying to sit here and call FE'rs really harsh things.

All I think is that if it is so important to them, instead of spending time battling it out like this - to go and prove it. Then it will shut everyone up, and everyone will be enlightened.

"No, you took whatever word was stuffed down your throat by the public school system and took it at its word. Congratulations hypocrite"

I am very much a skeptic when it comes to believing what any education teaches you when its funded by the Government. It is of course going to have a certain amount of it's own interest invested into returns to the Governments financial wishes. This is not to say ALL people in Government are corrupt, but of course one need not be a genius to be aware that EVERYWHERE we find greed and material driven minds, but within Government, they yield alot more power.

As an example, I am against Pharmaceutical companies being one of the main providers for funding of Medical Training - GP's in Australia have to attend a certain amount of conferences each you to keep their practicing licence, and they are fed "If person a has symptom b, prescribe them with *insert whichever new drug*". The conferences are not about new understanding of Biology, or Psychology etc - but about which new 'fantastic medication' is available - and having worked side by side medical people, I am fully aware that these medications often do not work at all, or even cause side affects worse than the initial complaint.

In terms of Primary and Secondary Education, I was kicked out of class on too many occaisions to number for questioning my teachers. ( Kicked from three schools - even though my marks were always high)  It was generally a removal from Religious Education, and in Science classes - I am not set either way in Science VS Religion, or RE vs FE - I am somewhat Agnostic on all things at the moment, and endeavour to constantly seek and consider new information - which is why a) I ask questions to the people who claim they have proof, and b) encourage them, if they say the proof in the opposing view is falsified, to get their own proof which can stand up to arguments.

So, in turn, I say, congratulations to you, for making an assumption.

In terms of "And you do anything better how" - In my other fields of interest, I am in fact active, and currently seeking to further my 'education' to the extent that I can be more involved in Scientific study - WITHOUT the Governments restrictive BS.

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 07:17:25 AM »
*each year sorry, not each you :P

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »
Nice attitude there. I would LOVE to see them prove it all right - I am not a staunch believer in either - I have an interest in the matter, but also am aware of how corrupt Government groups can be... So nice work trying to tear me apart and call me an RE'r.

I believe it is MORE LIKELY that it's not all made up ( Round Earth ) and not a giant conspiracy -but this does not however make me a a firm believer. I am not one trying to sit here and call FE'rs really harsh things.

All I think is that if it is so important to them, instead of spending time battling it out like this - to go and prove it. Then it will shut everyone up, and everyone will be enlightened.

"No, you took whatever word was stuffed down your throat by the public school system and took it at its word. Congratulations hypocrite"

I am very much a skeptic when it comes to believing what any education teaches you when its funded by the Government. It is of course going to have a certain amount of it's own interest invested into returns to the Governments financial wishes. This is not to say ALL people in Government are corrupt, but of course one need not be a genius to be aware that EVERYWHERE we find greed and material driven minds, but within Government, they yield alot more power.

As an example, I am against Pharmaceutical companies being one of the main providers for funding of Medical Training - GP's in Australia have to attend a certain amount of conferences each you to keep their practicing licence, and they are fed "If person a has symptom b, prescribe them with *insert whichever new drug*". The conferences are not about new understanding of Biology, or Psychology etc - but about which new 'fantastic medication' is available - and having worked side by side medical people, I am fully aware that these medications often do not work at all, or even cause side affects worse than the initial complaint.

In terms of Primary and Secondary Education, I was kicked out of class on too many occaisions to number for questioning my teachers. ( Kicked from three schools - even though my marks were always high)  It was generally a removal from Religious Education, and in Science classes - I am not set either way in Science VS Religion, or RE vs FE - I am somewhat Agnostic on all things at the moment, and endeavour to constantly seek and consider new information - which is why a) I ask questions to the people who claim they have proof, and b) encourage them, if they say the proof in the opposing view is falsified, to get their own proof which can stand up to arguments.

So, in turn, I say, congratulations to you, for making an assumption.

In terms of "And you do anything better how" - In my other fields of interest, I am in fact active, and currently seeking to further my 'education' to the extent that I can be more involved in Scientific study - WITHOUT the Governments restrictive BS.

Read Earth Not A Globe.  Very informative and will help you in furthering your education.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:02 AM »
Thank you, I will endeavour to do so :)

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:32 AM »
Oh and yes, I did of course do such 'experiments' in school, but that's because I believe in Science - That is I believe in the search for knowledge. If you wish to approach ANY given topic - you must approach it with both an open mind, and with a level of skepticism. Blind faith will get you no where, nor will having a mind so open your brain falls out =D

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »

Conspiracy theories will always stay as that as long as they are just theories. Is that what you want it to stay as ?   If you say that theory is enough for 'evidence' then the theories that point towards an RE are no less valid.

Getting ourselves killed or silenced does nothing to help with flat earth theory.  Creating local groups and working on our theories and testing them is just enough below the radar while doing a whole lot of good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:43:58 AM by John Davis »

Catchpa

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »

And those experiments undeniably proved RET?  With out any other possible explanation?

They assumed the earth was round AND worked as far as I remember. I'll take working experiments over theory any day, thank you. They certainly did nothing to point towards a flat earth, and my logic tells me that anything but a round earth is impossible.

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
Getting yourself killed without getting the information out - sure, that would be a slight waste - but it wouldn't be hard to create yourself an underground organisation ( like they do with terrorists I guess, only create a good one!) - That say, has a clause if something goes wrong - have it all dated, and contacts, etc.

So, among the passionate FE'rs is the belief that there is no way an FEr can work for a 'space agency' programme without getting killed ?

That seems odd to me - I'm fairly sure there are plenty of say, Christian Fundamentalists who work in the Scientific field - I am sure that there ARE people who say they are not real Christians, and Scientists who say they are not real Scientists ( Science vs Faith deal and all that) - but a Religious Fundamentalist could be a whole lot more 'dangerous' than a Flat Earther, yet they get Government jobs.. and don't get killed for speaking out... Long since has the time past where it's easy to kill ANYONE they want to.

These things you're saying just sound like excuses :(

Atleast there are Religious people who work in the field of Science ( whether it be Biology, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Genetics ) out there who want to prove the existence of a Deity - people who are willing to do the hard yards the same way everyone else must in order to prove any theory. It's the same in Medicine, Law, Education, etc... and these people have not been killed for speaking out of late. We have heard of it in humanities History, but lately, the Government has been coming under fire and called in on responsibility for lots of poopy things. Media and Communications have changed to FAVOUR your situation. This could be used so easily.

You can't fight Theory that's been tested with Theory that hasn't. You have to provide evidence that stands up to physical examination - backyard Science won't cut it - or none of this is any different to, well, I guess... faith.  One side has faith in the Governments word, the other has faith in the word of Conspiracy Theorists.

I would love to have the oppurtunity for an EDUCATED flat earther to do a 'show' on the science - put on perhaps youtube - there are already HEAPS of things ON youtube about it - but none seem to have anything that I can find would REALLY make people think. Perhaps that is an angle that could also be tried ? Do you have any serious Scientists who are a part of your group who could do this ? Atleast that way a theory can be explained in a way that is not just written word  - as for many people, they do not take in and comprehend such information well unless presented in a certain way ( different types of favoured learning methods). Could be an avenue to look at ?

Catchpa

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
You're still asking too much from them. To have a belief you don't need an endless amount of information about, but rather be open to new information, ideas, experiment and proof.

If I believe the US president is white, then I'll believe so untill I see evidence that he isn't. If there's evidence both ways, then I'll pick the side most plausible.

What I'm saying is that: Believing in something only a minority does, does not mean you are required to go out and preach about it.