A question to any passionate Flat Earther.

• 41 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: A question to any passionate Flat Earther.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
Getting yourself killed without getting the information out - sure, that would be a slight waste - but it wouldn't be hard to create yourself an underground organisation ( like they do with terrorists I guess, only create a good one!) - That say, has a clause if something goes wrong - have it all dated, and contacts, etc.

So, among the passionate FE'rs is the belief that there is no way an FEr can work for a 'space agency' programme without getting killed ?

That seems odd to me - I'm fairly sure there are plenty of say, Christian Fundamentalists who work in the Scientific field - I am sure that there ARE people who say they are not real Christians, and Scientists who say they are not real Scientists ( Science vs Faith deal and all that) - but a Religious Fundamentalist could be a whole lot more 'dangerous' than a Flat Earther, yet they get Government jobs.. and don't get killed for speaking out... Long since has the time past where it's easy to kill ANYONE they want to.

These things you're saying just sound like excuses :(

Atleast there are Religious people who work in the field of Science ( whether it be Biology, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Genetics ) out there who want to prove the existence of a Deity - people who are willing to do the hard yards the same way everyone else must in order to prove any theory. It's the same in Medicine, Law, Education, etc... and these people have not been killed for speaking out of late. We have heard of it in humanities History, but lately, the Government has been coming under fire and called in on responsibility for lots of poopy things. Media and Communications have changed to FAVOUR your situation. This could be used so easily.

You can't fight Theory that's been tested with Theory that hasn't. You have to provide evidence that stands up to physical examination - backyard Science won't cut it - or none of this is any different to, well, I guess... faith.  One side has faith in the Governments word, the other has faith in the word of Conspiracy Theorists.

I would love to have the oppurtunity for an EDUCATED flat earther to do a 'show' on the science - put on perhaps youtube - there are already HEAPS of things ON youtube about it - but none seem to have anything that I can find would REALLY make people think. Perhaps that is an angle that could also be tried ? Do you have any serious Scientists who are a part of your group who could do this ? Atleast that way a theory can be explained in a way that is not just written word  - as for many people, they do not take in and comprehend such information well unless presented in a certain way ( different types of favoured learning methods). Could be an avenue to look at ?

You should also be aware that for many of us, FET is not the centre of our lives even if we are passionate about it. It certainly isn't the most important thing in my life. Moreover, working for a space agency isn't like getting a job at a supermarket. I'm passionate about FET, but working for NASA or the ESA simply isn't on the cards in my case.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Rob Valensky

• 9.8m/sē
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:02 AM »
Getting ourselves killed or silenced does nothing to help with flat earth theory.  Creating local groups and working on our theories and testing them is just enough below the radar while doing a whole lot of good.

The government already knows that your doctrine exists, and if they wanted to 'kill' OR 'silence' you lads, they would have done it. Instead, they took the FET as nothing more than a humorous joke. So, don't give us such excuses. You should collect more people to do some real experiments and have an in-depth research to try and find strong evidence as to why you think the Earth is flat. So far, we have given you more than enough explanations and reasoning as to how the Earth can only be a globe, while on the opposing part, FE'ers have only provided logical fallacies in the attempt of supporting their theory.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
Getting ourselves killed or silenced does nothing to help with flat earth theory.  Creating local groups and working on our theories and testing them is just enough below the radar while doing a whole lot of good.

The government already knows that your doctrine exists, and if they wanted to 'kill' OR 'silence' you lads, they would have done it.
I'm not a threat to them now. 

If I were try to infiltrate their organization I would be a threat.  Well, that is if I were successful.  Like Wilmore, joining NASA really isn't in my cards either.

I don't understand how you expect someone to give their entire life (either by getting killed or changing their whole life path to supposedly join the conspiracy.  Ridiculous.

Not that I believe in the conspiracy anyways.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Infiltrating NASA isn't your only option to prove/dis-prove FE.

Something simple such as taking flights to two different locations would be enough.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 10:17:44 AM »

Something simple such as taking flights to two different locations would be enough.
I attempted to travel to the Antarctic was not allowed to go once reaching the tip of South America.

I've also travelled the world more than most (America, South America, Lots of Europe on several occasions, Australia, Indonesia, Russia, etc) and have seen nothing that shows the Earth to be conclusively round.

I also run a local flat earth group (soon to be 2) and have seen nothing there either.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
Not that I believe in the conspiracy anyways.

If you don't believe in the conspiracy, what is the motive behind the space agencies lying about a flat earth?

I attempted to travel to the Antarctic was not allowed to go once reaching the tip of South America.

Sorry, what do you mean by "not allowed to go"?

I've also travelled the world more than most (America, South America, Lots of Europe on several occasions, Australia, Indonesia, Russia, etc) and have seen nothing that shows the Earth to be conclusively round.

I also run a local flat earth group (soon to be 2) and have seen nothing there either.

I am not talking about taking a trip on a plane to see the curvature. I am talking about taking a trip on a plane to measure the time it takes to travel to certain places and noticing that it doesnt add up with the FE model.

This can also be done by simply checking the flight times, however that is not solid enough evidence for you.

Please read this thread: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=26661.0
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:07:39 AM by frozen_berries »

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »

Reason 1) You didn't have a ticket
Reason 2) Adverse weather conditions
Reason 3) Teh Conspiraceh!
Reason 4) It only happened in your head

Which one was it?

Might want to think a little about those flight times.

And maybe the view from the plane. See further than on the ground?

I also run a local flat earth group

Please post details of this group so that more might join.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »

Which means that you have had several opportunities to see if distances between known locations in the southern hemiplane match FE predictions or if they are closer to RE predictions.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Rob Valensky

• 9.8m/sē
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »
Even if they have managed to sail the world or go around the world by air travel, they would still try to find ways to argue that the Earth is still flat. So, I think the best thing to do now is to let them wait another 10 to 20 years from now, where space travel will become a common thing for people. Then they will be able to see for themselves.

Catchpa

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 11:56:16 AM »
10 to 20 years!?
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »

Which means that you have had several opportunities to see if distances between known locations in the southern hemiplane match FE predictions or if they are closer to RE predictions.
This mainly comes from lack of a working model.
All the maps i have seen measure no distances(so i assume it is supposed to be the same as RE) yet have messed up landmasses.

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
But I want to go up in one of Mr Bronsons space views NAO !!! :) stupid money. Where are my Millions.