Abduction! - A forum Game

• 1270 Replies

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Abduction! - A forum Game
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »

Troll Mountain was a beautiful place, overlooking the town of Fesville and the forests beyond, perfect for camping, or so Saddam thought as he lay back on the soft ground and looked up at the stars, glistening away almost close enough to touch, almost as though they were just a few miles high on a great celestial clockwork in the sky.

Suddenly the air screamed and a bright light flashed across the sky, a huge ball of fire, setting aflame the tops of the trees as it passes. Saddam bolted to his feet and watched in horror as the fireball slammed into the tree-line not half a mile from his camp-site. Without even thinking to grab supplies, Saddam scrambled into the forest in pursuit of the strange object.

He found himself on the edge of an unnatural clearing, the trees had been blasted back 200 yards all around a silvery object lying in pieces about the bottom of a freshly dug crater. He stepped out into the clearing and felt the heat rising from the object hit him like an oppressive wall. Fighting through the blistering heat he stood at the edge of the crater, looking down on the mysterious object.

When it exploded he was blasted right back to the treeline where he collapsed unconscious.

--

"Urg." He woke groggily, rubbing a bleeding wound in his head and wincing at a jagged pain. it took him a minute to make sure that everything was intact before he could even begin to piece together where he was. He blanched as the memory came flooding back, he spun around to look at the silver object in the crater, but instead all he saw were pieces and debris scattered around the crater and clearing and-- "Oh. Things just got complicated."

He was looking down on a charred and mutilated copy of himself, half wrapped in some sort of vegetative pod.

It took him all night to drag the thing back into town.

Welcome to Fesville and the forum game 'Abduction!'

You all play the role of townsfolk fighting off the first vanguard of an alien invasion. 4 People from town have been abducted and replaced by pod-people replicants. These pod people are here to find the greatest threats to their invasion and direct the saucers to attack. If they can reduce the population to a ratio of 1(Alien)to every 2(townsfolk) They will win the game, but if the townsfolk discover and kill the alien replicants then they win.

The game is split into 2 24-hour game periods starting at 1800 GMT called Day and Night

In the Day period the townsfolk vote amongst themselves wo to kill by lynching. Since they don't know who the aliens are, the aliens vote in this lynching as well.

In the night period, one of the pod-people selects a victim to be abducted by their saucer. Abductees cannot send messages at night.

You will all have received a PM telling you that you are of one of the following groups (Note I did not send PMs to all the townsfolk. If you didn't get a PM, you are one of the townsfolk):

Villager/townsfolk

These people form the majority of the players (16 to start with) In the day they have to get a pre-determined number of votes for one player to have him/her lynched.

Pod People

Pod people have replaced townsfolk and are controlled directly by the saucers above. At night, one of these sends me a PM for an abduction of one of the townsfolk.
There are 4 pod people called:
Roger, ET, Spock and Ripley

Man in Black

The Man in Black works for the Government through Area 51. He has been tracking the alien invasion for some time and has been silently killing pod people replicants. At night he sends me a PM to guess which of the other players is a pod-person. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO REVEAL HIS IDENTITY  TO THE OTHER PLAYERS!

Survivalist

This gun-nut is trying to get himself abducted to get revenge for an anal probing many years ago. If the aliens abduct him then he will destroy a saucer, killing himself and a pod-person in the process.  HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO REVEAL HIS IDENTITY  TO THE OTHER PLAYERS!

Tinfoil hat

The tinfoil hat is a nutter conspiracy theorist who believes in the invasion and also believes that he is capable of uncovering who is what. In the DAY he will send me a PM with guesses for three people. I will lie on two of those guesses and tell the truth on one. The tinfoil hat can also reveal the MIB and the survivalist.

Good luck all.

| Pop: 23    5  |
|___________|
          |  |
          |  |

General Gaydafi

Thork

CheesusCrust

LordDave

Andrew

MARCUS!!!!

Blanko Alien Roger

Mr Pseudonym

Raist

Harutsedo

Saddam Alien Spock

Vindictus Abducted by Roger

Skeleton - The Tinfoil hat

Roundy

IchiKilled by the angry mob.

Dann Abducted by Roger

Sillyrob Man in Black

Particle Person

Enigma
Alien Ripley

Wardogg

Tausami

Wendy

Taters Abducted by ET
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:30:24 AM by Chris Spaghetti »

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: Abduction! - A forum Game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
Sticky'd
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
Thanks

it is now night time until 1800 GMT 14/08/11. Alien Roger, send me your abductee. MIB, send me your guess.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:15:06 AM by Chris Spaghetti »

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »
So abductees can't talk at night but they can talk during the day?

Also:
If saddam is playing then isn't it unfair that we know he was replicated?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:44:29 AM »
I hope Wardogg is the gun nut
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 09:52:14 AM »

Also:

There was a replicant made but died in the saucer crash. I wrote the opening before I determined by random.org who were to be the replicants. Saddam has just as much chance as being a pod person as anybody else.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

Also:

Perhaps the whole town was replicated and they were planning on replacing the entire town before the saucer crashed, killing all but 4 replicants. But what do I know, I'm not the narrator.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »
Can i vote early?

I vote to lynch Dann.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »
I expect everyone to be active and not ruin the game.
Cheesus is so wise I sometimes think he's my alt.
CheesusCrust is wise.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
Can i vote early?

I vote to lynch Dann.

Dann (2)

?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »
Have we started?

Dann [3]

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
Didn't anyone read?  It's night.  We're not voting yet.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
I just want to post real quick to get this in my new replies.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
The last game I promised not to vote for Dan first.  I started to feel bad for him.

?

Thork

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »
The last game I promised not to vote for Dan first.  I started to feel bad for him.
So did I. I'll vote for someone else once day happens if i am still alive :)

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »
I have taken a stand in the last few games and not voted for Dann.  I thought this may lead to Dann loving me back but alas, no.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Lorddave

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
I shall not vote for Dann as well.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
Also my new avatar contrasts nicely with the blue background of these forums.  Quite happy with it.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
Shhhh I'm sleeping.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »
This is like The Thing.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »
Ooh, great reference.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »
"The chances of anything coming from Mars were a million-to-one, they said..." H.G.Wells The War of the Worlds

The town's barman sighed as he locked the door to his establishment. The rumours of flyin' saucers and pod-people and dirty, dirty Liberals had kept most people away from the Watering Hole all evening. He could count the amount of money he'd made all night in his head, which he did again.

He lived just outside town and would have driven to work if he made enough money at the bar to fill it with gas. As it was, he started to walk the three miles home on foot, his trusty flashlight ready to compensate for the moonless night.

"Thirty. Fucking. Dollars." He grumbled as he left the pool of light from the town, punctuating every word with a step on the dusty road. He turned to stare at the overcast sky "You happy now?!" He roared to the great blackness "You've come a thousand light-years to put one fucking bar out of business, I hope you're happy!"

The last thing he expected was an answer.

He dropped his flashlight in shock as the cloud above him was blown away by a slowly descending circle of light. Suddenly a column of light flashed onto the ground and the barman felt his feet lift off from the ground. He screamed as he flew through the air into the glowing heart of the saucer,.

"No! Why is it always me?" Dann yelled.

Dann has been abducted by Alien Roger's saucer.

it is now day-time until 1800 GMT Tomorrow.

All surviving townsfolk have to vote for who they want to see lynched by then. There must be 12 votes (55% of the survivng populations) or more by then or there will be no lynch.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »
I vote to lynch Dann. (1)

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
I vote to lynch Dann. (1)

You know he's abducted, right?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:06:34 PM by Chris Spaghetti »

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
I wasn't aware "abducted" is synonymous with "dead".

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
Infiltrating the saucer, lynching dann, and escaping doesn't quite seem worthwhile.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »
« Last Edit: Today at 22:06:34 by Chris Spaghetti »

NICE TRY, CHRIS

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
I vote to lynch Sillyrob!
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
So it's just a shot in the dark at this point? I vote to lynch Thork [7] Ichi [1]
Sillyrob[1]
dann[1]?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Unknown != Magic.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
So it begins. I have thus changed my avatar to something more proper, and I vote to lynch Ichi(2).

Sillyrob(1)

The avatar was a bitch to edit until it was good enough to use. Lots of little pieces were all wrong. =/
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.