Regards to Flat Earth

• 50 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Regards to Flat Earth
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »
32 miles in diameter?  Are you on drugs? I hope you know that the Moon's diameter is approximately 3,474 km.

The moon is 32 miles in diameter and 3,000 miles above the surface of the earth. Read the FAQ.

You might as well tell me how that image of the Moon is from a 32 Mile wide object.

Yep. Zooming in on the moon is no different than zooming in on the detail of a stepping stone. We can even see the pockmarks from tiny meteorite collisions.

Also about Google Earth, launch your Google Earth and you'll see NASA.

I don't doubt that NASA sold some of its terrain images to Google for big checks and a heft profit margin; notably the earth you see when zoomed out. However, the vast majority of zoomed in images on Google Earth do not come from space, but from airplanes on geologic surveys.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:08:23 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 12:12:23 AM »
I know all about Google Earth.

I hope you know that it is not 3,000 miles above the Earth.

The Moon's orbit is elliptical; The average Orbital Radius is 384401 km, and it's farthest distance is 406700 km.  You can try and argue your beliefs, but my scientific evidence is proof, your beliefs hold no value against solid PROVEN fact.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:14:01 AM by Tom B »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 12:13:57 AM »
Well, I'll agree it's very pretty even if we can't agree on it's size.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »

Actually, it is. Just read the FAQ and the experimental evidence in the Flat Earth Literature linked in my signature.

The Moon's orbit is elliptical; The average Orbital Radius is 384401 km, and it's farthest distance is 406700 km.  You can try and argue your beliefs, but my scientific evidence is proof, your beliefs hold no value against solid PROVEN fact.

What evidence do you have for us demonstrating that the moon is hundreds of thousands of miles from the earth?

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »

Actually, it is. Just read the FAQ and the experimental evidence in the Flat Earth Literature linked in my signature.

What evidence do you have for us demonstrating that the moon is hundreds of thousands of miles from the earth?

What do I have, well let us look through history.  We have the length of all the Russian Modules launched to the Moon, we have all of our Apollo Missions, we have the length it took Voyager to get to the moon.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:20:37 AM by Tom B »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 12:20:53 AM »
What do I have, well let us look through history.  We have the length of all the Russian Modules launched to the Moon, we have all of our Apollo Missions, we have the length it took Voyager to get to the moon.

That's all you have for us? Some Space Race propaganda? Since space travel is impossible we already know that it's a fact that man has never been to space.

How can you prove your claim that they have?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:23:43 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2008, 12:26:29 AM »

That's all you have for us? Some Space Race propaganda? Since space travel is impossible we already know that it's a fact that man has never been to space.

And with this quote you made me laugh, here is an offer for you.  Come on down to the Kennedy Space Center and watch a launch, bring along your telescope and watch the Space Shuttle.

After you do this, you will see how much of a moron you are being.

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »

You mean YOU know its impossible. The rest of the world knows its possible.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 12:29:42 AM »
Will you provide a visitors pass for me and my family? I would be happy to bring my telescope down for a launch. I suspect, however, you were not being genuine. I missed a launch by two days the last time I was visited the area, though I've seen the Shuttle in the VAB a couple times, and once during the roll out to the pad.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 12:34:14 AM »
Will you provide a visitors pass for me and my family? I would be happy to bring my telescope down for a launch. I suspect, however, you were not being genuine. I missed a launch by two days the last time I was visited the area, though I've seen the Shuttle in the VAB a couple times, and once during the roll out to the pad.

Just go to the Visitors area, they will give you all the information you will need. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:54:41 AM by Tom B »

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »
Hey! Hey guys! I think I can see my Dacha in that picture of the moon!

In all seriousness though, this guy is obviously lying about his affiliation with NASA--in science, you deal with laws and theories. A law has been proven using a mathematical proof that works in every given instance without altering the language of the law. A theory (such as gravity and relativity, as well as a+b=c when a<b<c and a, b do not equal 0) has not been proven, therefore, is not always used.

If NASA only uses theories, completely disregarding scientific laws, it's a wonder NASA ever designed a space-shuttle at all. Whether it works or not is out of the question, the fact that they built anything as sexy and sleek as the space shuttle with only theories is a miracle.

And the fact that TomB has said that he not only watched the rover get built, but watched the launch and has been supervising the mission means he must be very, very, very high up. AND, working for the government myself this summer as an intern, I know that you're not allowed to publish any formal letter to any agency, organization, or individual without proper clearance from the higherups, and usually letters from one agency to another are presented by the agency's head.

So.....given those FACTS about how the government works, which you, being a high-ranking member of NASA yourself, how do you feel that you've broken protocol by posting a formal letter representing NASA, therefore affiliating NASA with the flatearthsociety.org forums? Unless you are, yourself, the head of NASA, in which case I would expect a congressional inquiry into your breach of very official protocol, having exposed NASA to the likes of Tom and his all-knowing braininess. He can kill you with his brain, you know?
Quote from: Mrs. Peach
Dibs on the sig!

[size=10]JOIN MY CULT![/size]

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2008, 06:46:02 PM »
Still waiting on that EvIN...

And I will not give you any information on me.  If you found my NASA information, I would expect calls and harassment.

If you worked for NASA, you would know your EvIN only authenticates you work for NASA, nothing about your personal contact information. We have concrete proof that you do not work for NASA now.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »
Can we claim this as a victory over NASA, even though we know he doesn't really work for NASA?
Dibs on the sig!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 11:58:59 AM »
I don't see why not...

HUZZAH!!  Great victory over NASA by FE!!!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
I already made a cake for the party
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
Tom B, I completely agree with you on that the Earth is flat. And I appreciate you even showing up to put these delusional idiots in their place. What is it you do at NASA?
I hate myself for coming here

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
He might be a janitor, seeing as he knows not of the conspiracy.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
I'm going to print off this thread and send it to NASA, the final, clinching proof that they are wrong. It'll be great. :)
Dibs on the sig!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 02:09:21 PM »
Don't send it til I send them my letter. I wanna surprise them
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
We could throw them a party!

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »
The more the merrier! Yay! Party with NASA, shows we're not sore winners. :)
Dibs on the sig!