Regards to Flat Earth

• 50 Replies
Regards to Flat Earth
« on: May 03, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Hello members of the Flat Earth forums.  I am a worker for NASA, and I am here to explain that this theory is complete nonsense.  I have to sit and watch as live feeds from Mars and Orbital Satellites are fed through our computer systems.  I have seen the Earth more times than I can count, it is in fact not flat, if you want to argue with me then please do.  I have all the evidence and physical means of proving this to you, there is no secret conspiracy and no "ICE WALL".

With Regards,
                   Tom B.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 10:38:45 PM by Tom B »

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: Regards to Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
Work for NASA?
Whats your EvIN?

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »
Work for NASA?
Whats your EvIN?

I am not giving you my information, I know you can search me and gain my information.  I do not need harassment, I am here to point out the facts that this "Theory" is false.  I work at the Kennedy space center in Florida, don't believe me?  You can check where my IP is from, still don't believe me; then that is your choice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:11:25 PM by Tom B »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 10:55:03 PM »
Dear Tom,
     Thank you for your warm regards. I trust you might actually be more intelligent than the typical round earth poster, but nothing is certain. I heartily appreciate your efforts to assure me of NASA's honesty. You must surely realize, however, that such information will be regarded as highly suspect as you work for NASA. Is it possible the conspiracy exists without your knowledge? Where do your feeds originate from? I suspect you cannot actually verify the data is coming from Mars, but only that it is consistent with what one would expect if the data was coming from Mars.

Sincerely, dutifully and humbly yours,
 Ski
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »
Still waiting on that EvIN...

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »
Dear Tom,
     Thank you for your warm regards. I trust you might actually be more intelligent than the typical round earth poster, but nothing is certain. I heartily appreciate your efforts to assure me of NASA's honesty. You must surely realize, however, that such information will be regarded as highly suspect as you work for NASA. Is it possible the conspiracy exists without your knowledge? Where do your feeds originate from? I suspect you cannot actually verify the data is coming from Mars, but only that it is consistent with what one would expect if the data was coming from Mars.

Sincerely, dutifully and humbly yours,
 Ski

I can't stress enough that this "conspiracy" is false.  I may work for NASA, but that does not mean I am lying.  How do I know these come from Mars, I watched them construct the Martian Rover and I watched the launch, I monitor the screens, there is a delay in the signal responses.  I watched as we gathered materials from the Martian Surface.  I can continue explaining if you'd like, but I seem to have proven my point.

Here are some things to ponder:

1. Why would we lie to you, what is there to gain?

2. Why would the government lie to you about a "Ice Wall" and a Flat Earth?

3. If the Earth was flat, I can assure you, we would warn people not to go to the outer edge and there would be strict guidelines, seeing as none of that exists, there is no reason for any Flat Earth guidelines.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:06:33 PM by Tom B »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »
Assuming you are telling the truth, Tom (and I have no reason to doubt you), if I admitted to being a member of a local crime family and told you that the family was completely innocuous, I'm sure you would take my assurance with the appropriate grain of salt. Have you read "Earth: Not a Globe."  I highly suggest it for curiosity's sake, if nothing else.

Your servant always,
  Ski

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:45 PM »
Assuming you are telling the truth, Tom (and I have no reason to doubt you), if I admitted to being a member of a local crime family and told you that the family was completely innocuous, I'm sure you would take my assurance with the appropriate grain of salt. Have you read "Earth: Not a Globe."  I highly suggest it for curiosity's sake, if nothing else.

Your servant always,
  Ski

Once again, I have no need to waste my time on a book about a False theory.

Still waiting on that EvIN...

And I will not give you any information on me.  If you found my NASA information, I would expect calls and harassment.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 11:19:08 PM »
Either this guy works for NASA and is therefore a liar, or he doesn't work for NASA and is therefore a liar.  Why even respond to such scum at all?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 11:22:55 PM »

Here are some things to ponder:

1. Why would we lie to you, what is there to gain?

2. Why would the government lie to you about a "Ice Wall" and a Flat Earth?

3. If the Earth was flat, I can assure you, we would warn people not to go to the outer edge and there would be strict guidelines, seeing as none of that exists, there is no reason for any Flat Earth guidelines.

Tom, do you suppose it is more expensive to fake raw data and photos, or more expensive to actually send something to Mars (we'll assume that it is possible for discussion's sake). If they were to fake the data, where do the extra billions of dollars go? I'd suspect that it would go directly into the pockets of the conspirators. That is an undeniable potential motive.
Secondarily, I don't assume the government in toto is conspiring, Tom. What need would the government at large need to know about the truth of a round or flat earth?
Tertiary, if you warned people not to go to the edge of the earth, it would be the first thing a damned fool like Steve Fossett would do. Too, people are not exactly lining up to go to "Antarctica" at anyrate. In fact, a BBC film crew reported they were first denied passage there, and then made to feel most unwelcome at a base camp.
I do not assume for a minute, Tom, that you would deliberately mislead us; only that it is possible you are unaware of the conspiracy around you.

Most sincerely,
 Ski

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 11:23:24 PM »
Either this guy works for NASA and is therefore a liar, or he doesn't work for NASA and is therefore a liar.  Why even respond to such scum at all?

So you fight straight forward facts with slander?  I am sorry but just because I work for NASA, does not make me a liar.  You have the right to think what you want, but I guess you are to closed minded to realize that there are Air planes that go outside the Earths atmosphere.  You can also ride on one of these, and see for yourself that the Earth is indeed round and not flat.  But I bet you would say something like this.

"We really didn't leave the atmosphere, they knocked us out and put us in mind chambers with magical computer technology"

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »
Fact: The earth is flat.
Fact: NASA says it's round.
Conclusion: NASA is lying.

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »
Proof?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »
Thats the stupidest conclusion ever. Nasa is smarter than you ever will be.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »
Proof?

Kill-9

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »
Proof?

I said proof.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:14 PM »
You want proof, there is a program out there called Google Earth.  This program is made from the images we captured.  And it seems that some how those are all pictures that fit seamlessly together and form a Globe.  You zoom in and you get pictures, keep trying to argue and I have facts.  All you go on is your ignorance of never being in space or caring to read a bit.

Link:
www.earth.google.com

Kill-9

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »
thats not proof to them. But.. they also don't need proof. They believe in a conspiracy that has 0 proof whatsoever, so...

Kill-9

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »
WANT MORE PROOF? LOOK AT A MAP, OR A NORMAL GLOBE. THEY HAVE THEM AT EVERY SCHOOL, BUT I GUESS YOU WOULDN'T KNOW SINCE YOU'RE AN IDIOT WHO PROBABLY DROPPED OUT OF SECOND GRADE LOLOLOL
IF you're talking to me, I'm an REr... and are you sure YOU didn't drop out?

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
I WAS TALKING TO THE MORON FLAT EARTHERS I'M JUST RAIDING KTHX BAI

Kill-9

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
I WAS TALKING TO THE MORON FLAT EARTHERS I'M JUST RAIDING KTHX BAI
You don't have alot of experience with this, clearly.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 11:37:21 PM »
thats not proof to them. But.. they also don't need proof. They believe in a conspiracy that has 0 proof whatsoever, so...

You want more proof, watch the video feeds from the International Space Station.  They are in High Definition and they show the Earth.

Kill-9

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »

You want more proof, watch the video feeds from the International Space Station.  They are in High Definition and they show the Earth.
I need no proof. I know the world is round. There are only a handful of FErs left.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 11:38:14 PM »
You want proof, there is a program out there called Google Earth.  This program is made from the images we captured.  And it seems that some how those are all pictures that fit seamlessly together and form a Globe.  You zoom in and you get pictures, keep trying to argue and I have facts.  All you go on is your ignorance of never being in space or caring to read a bit.

Link:
www.earth.google.com

Tom, I think you'll find most members are fairly well read. We're aware of Google Earth. Shockingly, some of us use it. The fact that the pictures fit seamlessly together to form a globe isn't strictly true, and that illusion is based on the fact the frames are so relatively small to the final product. Your new tone and demeanor suggests you are not the educated gentleman you presume to pass yourself of as.

Curtly,

Ski

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »
I cannot believe there are people who believe the Earth is flat.  The "evidence" they give conflicts with so many Scientific theories that our Expeditions are based in, which have so far proven to be true.  With this logic it shows that the Earth is round and not flat, if the Earth were flat, then we would not need to spend so much to get out into space, why not just fly off the edge?

Hell we could even give you free trips to the moon with it's magical weather that somehow exists when there is no atmosphere.

Kill-9

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 11:45:02 PM »
I cannot believe there are people who believe the Earth is flat.  The "evidence" they give conflicts with so many Scientific theories that our Expeditions are based in, which have so far proven to be true.  With this logic it shows that the Earth is round and not flat, if the Earth were flat, then we would not need to spend so much to get out into space, why not just fly off the edge?

Hell we could even give you free trips to the moon with it's magical weather that somehow exists when there is no atmosphere.
See what I mean? :)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 11:46:54 PM »
You want proof, there is a program out there called Google Earth.  This program is made from the images we captured.  And it seems that some how those are all pictures that fit seamlessly together and form a Globe.

NASA didn't make those images. They bought them from geologic surveying companies and the USGS.

I'm not a fan of fiction.

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 11:50:44 PM »
You want proof, there is a program out there called Google Earth.  This program is made from the images we captured.  And it seems that some how those are all pictures that fit seamlessly together and form a Globe.

NASA didn't make those images. They bought them from geologic surveying companies and the USGS.

I'm not a fan of fiction.

You sir are wrong, images were taken by NASA and were given to Google for use.  There are other images that weren't taken by NASA, some by European countries.

Now please show me your so called weather system on the Moon.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
You sir are wrong, images were taken by NASA and were given to Google for use.  There are other images that weren't taken by NASA, some by European countries.

Nope.The Google Earth FAQ specifically states that they buy them from a number of high altitude imaging companies.

What weather system? How could the moon have a weather system if it's 32 miles in diameter and in the vacuum of space?  ???
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:01:31 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 11:58:12 PM »

Nope.The Google Earth FAQ specifically states that they buy them from a number of high altitude imaging companies.

What weather system? How could the moon have a weather system if it's 32 miles in diameter and in the vacuum of space?  ???

32 miles in diameter?  Are you on drugs? I hope you know that the Moon's diameter is approximately 3,474 km.  You might as well tell me how that image of the Moon is from a 32 Mile wide object.

Also about Google Earth, launch your Google Earth and you'll see NASA.

I read about this Flat Earth and you say the Moon phases are caused by large weather related issues.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:03:43 AM by Tom B »