Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #1830 on: May 23, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »
No its not, its coooooold  >:(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #1831 on: May 23, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
Youtube rules and suggestions..
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. However, We don't really want to sell ourselves to Youtube. Making videos basically started because my friends brother had equipment and we had ideas. The intention was never to "win Youtube". Rather, it was to make something that is both interesting/entertaining and of high quality for a lot of people to see. That said, success on Youtube is a success everywhere on the internet. So, if I want people to see it, being successful on Youtube will help... Eh I don't know. Maybe I'm tricking myself, but I think there is a pretty large group of people that appreciates quality on Youtube, and I guess that's what we're trying to exploit.
My feelings about the video..
Yeah, I had some qualms about the beginning as well. I was worried that too much time was spent before they got outdoors. The action was the focal point. The dialogue in the beginning could've been shorter, and as you said, more natural. And I guess there does need to be a hook. The idea for this one was at first shooting somebody with a bow, and then a gun, and a couple other concepts. We had to build a plot around that to give it some context. As a result, I guess the indoor dialogue could be seen as boring.

Thank you for your comments Thirnk.

I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1832 on: May 23, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
Don't listen to Thork.  He never knows what he's talking about, no matter if it's physical fitness, things that Google does, or effective comedy/comedy marketing.

?

Thork

« Reply #1833 on: May 24, 2013, 02:44:10 AM »
Don't listen to Thork.  He never knows what he's talking about, no matter if it's physical fitness, things that Google does, or effective comedy/comedy marketing.
Shush. Don't be jelly of my advice giving skills.

Youtube rules and suggestions..
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. However, We don't really want to sell ourselves to Youtube. Making videos basically started because my friends brother had equipment and we had ideas. The intention was never to "win Youtube". Rather, it was to make something that is both interesting/entertaining and of high quality for a lot of people to see. That said, success on Youtube is a success everywhere on the internet. So, if I want people to see it, being successful on Youtube will help... Eh I don't know. Maybe I'm tricking myself, but I think there is a pretty large group of people that appreciates quality on Youtube, and I guess that's what we're trying to exploit.
My feelings about the video..
Yeah, I had some qualms about the beginning as well. I was worried that too much time was spent before they got outdoors. The action was the focal point. The dialogue in the beginning could've been shorter, and as you said, more natural. And I guess there does need to be a hook. The idea for this one was at first shooting somebody with a bow, and then a gun, and a couple other concepts. We had to build a plot around that to give it some context. As a result, I guess the indoor dialogue could be seen as boring.

Thank you for your comments Thirnk.

I'm just saying you should have made some youtube changes.

^ Now its a thumbnail I'd click on.

The scout wasn't harpooned. He was shot with a bow. So now its something I might also comment on.

I'm not saying compromise your artistic integrity. I'm saying wise up to youtube and don't be afraid to make the odd video to 'showcase your channel' to draw new viewers.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #1834 on: May 24, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
Shush. Don't be jelly of my advice giving skills.
Your advice always sucks, and I hate you.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1835 on: May 30, 2013, 03:13:29 AM »
I have been slightly disappointed and confused to find that you can buy a better selection of teas in supermarkets in Finland than in England. What the hell?! And there is almost no loose-leaf teas in the supermarket (tesco), do English people not use tea pots anymore?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1836 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:39 AM »
I have been slightly disappointed and confused to find that you can buy a better selection of teas in supermarkets in Finland than in England. What the hell?! And there is almost no loose-leaf teas in the supermarket (tesco), do English people not use tea pots anymore?
The English are cracked teapots.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #1837 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:51 AM »
You put tea bags in them innit!

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #1838 on: May 30, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

Junker

« Reply #1839 on: May 30, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #1840 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
Quoted For Tea

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1841 on: May 30, 2013, 04:28:06 PM »
Quite False Text

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #1842 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

That.  Drink a iced tea everyday please!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Junker

« Reply #1843 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

Done for today.

Quite False Text
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1844 on: May 30, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

Done for today.

Quite False Text

The only concession I could make is that iced tea is greater in quantity as Americans liberally pour this sugar-packed drink down their gullets like they are attempting to quench the untamable fires of Vulcan. The act is almost tantalean, if you'll forgive the anachronistic juxtaposition, as each drop (in a very flat-earth maths way) makes the drinker yearn for two more in a devastating positive feedback loop that ends in diabetes and Honey Boo Boo's of terror rascaling across this once proud nation.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1845 on: May 30, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
Iced tea is literally juice

rooster

« Reply #1846 on: May 30, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

Done for today.

Quite False Text

The only concession I could make is that iced tea is greater in quantity as Americans liberally pour this sugar-packed drink down their gullets like they are attempting to quench the untamable fires of Vulcan. The act is almost tantalean, if you'll forgive the anachronistic juxtaposition, as each drop (in a very flat-earth maths way) makes the drinker yearn for two more in a devastating positive feedback loop that ends in diabetes and Honey Boo Boo's of terror rascaling across this once proud nation.
That was fantastic.

Junker

« Reply #1847 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Iced Tea> Hot Tea

Done for today.

Quite False Text

I only drink unsweetened teas, sometimes with a lime wedge.

Junker

« Reply #1848 on: May 30, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Or lime wedge.

Junker

« Reply #1849 on: May 30, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
Or lime wedge.

Wanted to test that.  When I post the word referring to a yellow citrus fruit, it auto-edits to a green citrus fruit.  What an odd occurrence.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #1850 on: May 30, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
Or lime wedge.

Wanted to test that.  When I post the word referring to a yellow citrus fruit, it auto-edits to a green citrus fruit.  What an odd occurrence.

lemon

I can do it with no problem.  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #1851 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
lemon

Maybe he is messing with us?

Junker

« Reply #1852 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »
lemon

Maybe he is messing with us?

I wish that were the case.

It lets me quote it, though.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #1853 on: May 30, 2013, 07:27:34 PM »
It could have something to do with your auto-correct or something.

Junker

« Reply #1854 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
It could have something to do with your auto-correct or something.

Yeah, I have tried a bunch of thing to ensure I am not crazy.  3 different browsers, no auto correct, changing the forum theme, flushing cache, and more.  No dice, limes (l3mons) are limes for me at TFES.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1855 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
Sounds like you have some sort of malware. Do you have any antivirus software?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1856 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »
Try rebooting your computer.

Junker

« Reply #1857 on: May 30, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
I've narrowed to malware as well.  A very specific malware that changes one word at one forum I am a member of.  I did the basics:

chkdsk /r
defrag
format c:\
whoami
hostname
netstat
arp
ipconfig /flushdns & /registerdns

Although I use a MacBook so most of these don't do anything.

?

Secret User

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1858 on: May 30, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
I don't understand why you're having such a problem. I can say lemon just fine  ???
I vote for SecretUser as supreme overlord of TFES.

condemnant quod non intellegunt

Junker

« Reply #1859 on: May 30, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
I don't understand why you're having such a problem. I can say lemon just fine  ???

Got it all figured out, thanks.