A Friendly Chat

• 3828 Replies

rooster

Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #1140 on: March 04, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »
Ocarina of Time is my favorite followed by Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was fun but I'm not really into the story or characters of Celda but I made a pretty awesome pastel piece of Minnish Cap Link in art class once. And I have never played Majora's Mask, unfortunately. Buuut, I'm tempted to hook up my N64 after playing Particle's yesterday (which means I would take back my cool see-through blue/green controller PP) so maybe I could find the game through Amazon or something.

Sheik is my favorite and I would definitely post pictures. :3

?

Secret User

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1141 on: March 04, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
I spent the whole morning at the Social Security Office. I thought the DMV was the worst government office but boy was I wrong.
I vote for SecretUser as supreme overlord of TFES.

condemnant quod non intellegunt

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1142 on: March 04, 2013, 06:28:21 PM »
Minish Cap is still the best Zelda.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1143 on: March 04, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
LOL for Rooster. LOL
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1144 on: March 04, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
You can just use an emulator for N64 games, rooster.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #1145 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
Link's Awakening > *
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1146 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
Link's Awakening > *

That's a pretty cool opinion too. As long as we agree that 3D Zeldas are vastly overrated.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #1147 on: March 04, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »
Blanko thinking something popular is overrated.

I never would have expected such a thing. O:
Recently listened to:

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1148 on: March 04, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
You know, it's funny, you supposedly like Zelda a lot but I've never seen you mention a single 2D Zelda. Which ones have you played?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #1149 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
Frankly I've only really played the gameboy zeldas, so I'm being honest when I say Link's Awakening is the best.  I did enjoy Ages and Seasons though.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #1150 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
I've played the original, like half of the second, A Link to the Past, some of Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons/Ages (though I never beat Seasons since I had to borrow it from a friend), and hardly any of Four Swords Adventures with a friend.
Recently listened to:

?

illmunati

• Nope
« Reply #1151 on: March 04, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
i beat four swords, and thus ends my conquest

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1152 on: March 04, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Link's Awakening > *

That's a pretty cool opinion too. As long as we agree that 3D Zeldas are vastly overrated.

Tell me more.

rooster

« Reply #1153 on: March 04, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
You can just use an emulator for N64 games, rooster.
It's not the same unless you're holding that horribly awkward controller.

And what's so funny hoppy? I don't LOL at your Jesus love or gold jewelry collection.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:00:27 PM by rooster »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1154 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:18 PM »
There are special controllers you can plug into your computer.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #1155 on: March 04, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »
I don't think you can plug in an N64 controller.
Recently listened to:

rooster

« Reply #1156 on: March 04, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
There are special controllers you can plug into your computer.
Hmm, what would be more expensive, a PC controller or Majora's Mask?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1157 on: March 04, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »
But if you have the controller, there's no limit to the number of games you can properly enjoy when you play them on your computer.

I don't think you can plug in an N64 controller.

You can with special USB controllers.  I have one myself.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #1158 on: March 04, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »
Really? An actual N64 one? Huh, that's pretty awesome...where'd you get it?
Recently listened to:

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #1159 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »
You can probably find a USB adapter for the standard N64 controller.  I have one for my PS1/PS2 controllers.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1160 on: March 04, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
I just got my N64 back, if I get some more time I'm going to buy a new controller (all the pokes of my old controllers are shit, the only thing bad about N64) and going to play majora's mask again. Never played that till the end.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #1161 on: March 05, 2013, 05:17:53 AM »
I just got my N64 back, if I get some more time I'm going to buy a new controller (all the pokes of my old controllers are shit, the only thing bad about N64) and going to play majora's mask again. Never played that till the end.

It wasn't as good as Ocarina of Time. Still a fan, though.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1162 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
Majora's Mask makes me angry, lol. I love Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker the most. Skyward Sword is fun but kinda awkward, and Twilight Princess was cool, too. I have the Gamecube Zelda collector's disk but I haven't played the 2D games on it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rooster

« Reply #1163 on: March 05, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »
Majora's Mask makes me angry, lol. I love Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker the most. Skyward Sword is fun but kinda awkward, and Twilight Princess was cool, too. I have the Gamecube Zelda collector's disk but I haven't played the 2D games on it.
I still haven't played Skyward Sword either. How is that one aside from awkward? And what makes it awkward?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1164 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
I still haven't played Skyward Sword either. How is that one aside from awkward? And what makes it awkward?

The controls, mainly. I guess it's commendable that they attempted motion controls given the hardware, but let's face it, it was never going to be as precise as what you would expect from button-based controls. They figured out that when every tenth input comes across as something else entirely, they can't make the combat as fast-paced or varied as in the previous games, so what it boils down to is, every fucking enemy is like a mini-game where they block in a certain way, indicating that you have to swing in a certain direction to beat them. And that gets old really fast. Gone are the special attacks from TP or countering from WW, and when enemies have a tendency to change their block at the last fraction of a second, and you're constantly flailing your sword in the wrong direction due to unreliable controls, it becomes an exercise in futility and frustration. The best you can do in pretty much any scenario is stand still and keep flailing until the enemy drops down.

As for the game itself, the sky overworld is boring and empty, areas are rehashed and revisited *a lot*, dungeons are linear and simplistic and don't really "sprawl", and the sidekick makes Navi look like an extremely fun companion to have around by comparison.

rooster

« Reply #1165 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and it wasn't too terrible so that's weird that they'd change the fighting mechanics.

The "sky" bit did seem a little boring which is why I still have yet to play it.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
TP's motion controls are fine because they didn't try to implement directional swinging, meaning swinging your Wiimote is pretty much an equivalent to pressing B on the GameCube pad, so there's really not much of a risk of a wrong input with that system.

rooster

« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
TP's motion controls are fine because they didn't try to implement directional swinging, meaning swinging your Wiimote is pretty much an equivalent to pressing B on the GameCube pad, so there's really not much of a risk of a wrong input with that system.
Gotcha. Well SS can't be much more frustrating than Okami.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »
Yeah, I think Blanko pretty much covered what makes it awkward. It's still worth playing, though. There are some really annoying things to get through, but there are also lots of fun things that utilize the motion controls. Getting used to them was the biggest problem in the beginning, which is understandable.  There were things that I never could do very well, like the fucking harp minigame  >:(   I think the most annoy times were when you absolutely need to move the wiimote in a particular way.  As usual, the water portion was the hardest, but once I figured out how to make Link swim properly, I think it was the most satisfying. TADTONES!

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ~ 19-GP "Harp Playing & Kina's Singing"

This minigame should have been so easy, but I wanted to kill Kina and throw her off the island before I finally got those fuckers to clap a little bit.  Fortunately when you really have to play the harp to advance in the game it isn't quite as sensitive to mistakes.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »

It wasn't as good as Ocarina of Time. Still a fan, though.

I know but I finished Ocarina of Time already.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!