Why time travel into the future is possible but time travel to the past isnt

• 19 Replies

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
According to Einstein's theory of General relativity. As something speeds up, time slows down.
This, in fact, can lead to time travel into the future if you travel at almost the speed of light but you can't travel exactly at the speed of light or time would stop completely, plus, it would take more energy than avalibile in the universe, as Einstein observed.
Time travel into the past, however, is more difficult as in order for time travel into the past, the time machine must exist.
You can only travel back in time to where the time machine existed as without the time machine you may simply disappear.
If you travel back into time the time machine would disappear and you would be stuck even if you did manage to travel to whatever time it is.
So therefore, time travel into the future is as simple as going near the speed of light.

Edit:
This does not prove whether the earth is round or flat, which is why this was posted in alt science.
THIS IS A SERIOUS POST ABOUT MY RESEARCH ON TIME TRAVEL
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 01:24:41 PM by Alexei »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
According to Einstein's theory of General relativity. As something speeds up, time slows down.
This, in fact, can lead to time travel into the future if you travel at almost the speed of light but you can't travel exactly at the speed of light or time would stop completely, plus, it would take more energy than avalibile in the universe, as Einstein observed.
Time travel into the past, however, is more difficult as in order for time travel into the past, the time machine must exist.
You can only travel back in time to where the time machine existed as without the time machine you may simply disappear.
If you travel back into time the time machine would disappear and you would be stuck even if you did manage to travel to whatever time it is.
So therefore, time travel into the future is as simple as going near the speed of light.

You could just hang around an object with an enormous mass. Like a black hole.

I wonder if you were to dive in (and survive the spaghettification among other challenges), would the black hole from your reference point evaporate to non existence via Hawking radiation while you end up 10100 years into the future?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.

I wonder if you were to dive in (and survive the spaghettification among other challenges), would the black hole from your reference point evaporate to non existence via Hawking radiation while you end up 10100 years into the future?

I mean, I have no clue. If you went exactly at the speed of light time would stop completely.
So if we went faster than light maybe we could travel back in time as there's a theory about time travel where if you could open a black hole and go inside, you might be able to travel back in time.
You would then come out of a white hole (a hole that insteads of pulls things in, it pushs things out).
However, this theory would likely never be tested as how dangerous it is.

your reference point evaporate to non existence via Hawking radiation while you end up 10100 years into the future?
Happened to me - true story.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
In my free time I study science.
My Grandfather was a scientist and we talk about science and things involved with science.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

I mean, I have no clue. If you went exactly at the speed of light time would stop completely.
So if we went faster than light maybe we could travel back in time as there's a theory about time travel where if you could open a black hole and go inside, you might be able to travel back in time.
You would then come out of a white hole (a hole that insteads of pulls things in, it pushs things out).
However, this theory would likely never be tested as how dangerous it is.

Black holes aren't something you can 'go inside'. They are a physical object like a planet, star or neutron star. Just unimaginably dense that not even light can escape it, hence why it looks black and it's behaviour looks like a 'hole'. But it is not a hole and appears black due to the absence of anything coming out of it

In the same way if you approached a neutron / quark star that you would be ripped and smooshed onto its surface, to the point where all your atoms end up contributing a microscopic speck on its surface, so too would you splat onto the black hole. Better to just orbit one instead provided you dont mind the intense heat and radiation from the accretion disk

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
Yes, but the theory says that what if you could use some gravity bending machine or whatever to open this blackhole and use it to time travel into the past?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Actually, we are already traveling into the future at a rate of 1hr/hr.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.

Don't confuse people with logic.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
Well, honestly. My research might be a bit outdated as I use scintific publications my grandfather has.
He's old so the publications are old.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Actually, I live closer to the equator than you, so time moves slower for me.
At about 1 day every 10 or so billion years.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Well, honestly. My research might be a bit outdated as I use scintific publications my grandfather has.
Do you have the internet?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?

It's not been invented yet in my timeline.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
Do you have the internet?

Yes. But my Grandfather was a scientist and learned German to read German publications.
I trust his sources more than the Internet.

JJA

• Math is math!
This is kind of correct.

One way to travel back in time is to take one end of a wormhole and accelerate it, then bring it back.  One end will have undergone time dilation and the other would not, so going through it will take you through time. But you can't go back any further than the far end of the wormhole, which continues to move forward.

Even though none of this breaks any laws, it comes with a few caveats.  First, it's not at all known if wormholes are real.  Second, stabilizing one requires exotic matter and negative energy which also is unknown if it exists, let alone how to make any.

Third and worst of all, it would break the law of casualty which is kind of the basis of every single physical law and would pretty much throw all of science out the window. Which would be cool, but also unlikely.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

Third and worst of all, it would break the law of casualty which is kind of the basis of every single physical law and would pretty much throw all of science out the window. Which would be cool, but also unlikely.

Know your place

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
There can never be a future or a past. Only a present.
Time travel is an impossibility for these very reasons.

What you have to remember is, time is basically a man-made invention to regulate a populace.

The sun may move around the Earth and offer light but it does not run on time. We were basically offered a calendar for days and months and an hour, minute, and second to a clock to time the movements.

I mean, let's face it, clocks get turned back and forwards based on this movement.

So let's offer up a time machine and think about how it could possibly be set to send you back or forward from your present.

What do you use?
Put a clock on it with a calendar and then turn the pointers or digital screen. To do what?

It's a great fantasy concept to be debated and fantastic for films but it can not ever be implemented no matter how much scientific offering comes to the fore.

What is, is exactly now? What was does not exist in any past, it exists from the present of the time it was conceived to the present of the time it still stands in, if it still does in solid or memory.

Take a look at a video of something you did 2 years ago. You own a video/camera/disc from a few years ago and until you view what is on it nothing exists to you other than the means to view something in the present taken in the present when the filming was actually live and solid.

From that point, you are looking at nothing more than an imprint of what was once a live take in the present which is now viewed in your present, not in any past and never in the future.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 03:05:13 AM by sceptimatic »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
The Hafele–Keating experiment was a test of the theory of relativity. In 1971,[1] Joseph C. Hafele, a physicist, and Richard E. Keating, an astronomer, took four cesium-beam atomic clocks aboard commercial airliners. They flew twice around the world, first eastward, then westward, and compared the clocks against others that remained at the United States Naval Observatory. When reunited, the three sets of clocks were found to disagree with one another, and their differences were consistent with the predictions of special and general relativity.

JJA

• Math is math!
What you have to remember is, time is basically a man-made invention to regulate a populace.

So time itself was created by the conspiracy.

Just how powerful are these people?  :o

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
There can never be a future or a past. Only a present.
Time travel is an impossibility for these very reasons.

The sun may move around the Earth and offer light but it does not run on time. We were basically offered a calendar for days and months and an hour, minute, and second to a clock to time the movements.

I mean, let's face it, clocks get turned back and forwards based on this movement.

So let's offer up a time machine and think about how it could possibly be set to send you back or forward from your present.

What do you use?
Put a clock on it with a calendar and then turn the pointers or digital screen. To do what?

It's a great fantasy concept to be debated and fantastic for films but it can not ever be implemented no matter how much scientific offering comes to the fore.

What is, is exactly now? What was does not exist in any past, it exists from the present of the time it was conceived to the present of the time it still stands in, if it still does in solid or memory.

Take a look at a video of something you did 2 years ago. You own a video/camera/disc from a few years ago and until you view what is on it nothing exists to you other than the means to view something in the present taken in the present when the filming was actually live and solid.

From that point, you are looking at nothing more than an imprint of what was once a live take in the present which is now viewed in your present, not in any past and never in the future.

One thing that tells you something is passing and that is the indisputable fact of the second law of thermodynamics. Call it what you will. Time is as good a name as any.
Just don't do any housework for a month and you will see entropy in action.
AS for time travel who knows?Though our resident future  hyper intelligent being, Wolvacine may be able to provide an insight!
Really…..what a laugh!!!