Werepenguins Round 3 - Spectator's Thread

• 272 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Werepenguins Round 3 - Spectator's Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »
Some kind of one shot oracle thing might have been a good reward.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2018, 06:44:06 PM »
Because then you would know that DuckDodgers is guilty. You would be able to lynch someone with some certainty. Even if I am not lynched today, I will still be a suspect.
That makes no sense. Why is it better if we lynch an innocent person first and the penguin later instead of just lynching the penguin now? It gives an extra kill to the penguins.

I have done the mental gymnastics and determined they are both penguins. We lynch one, kill a penguin and assume the other is safe while the other is free to kill every single night.

We lynch SCG, she is a penguin, we assume her 'lynch me' attitude was just a ploy to get people to think she is a villager and we forever assume Duck was telling the truth about being the village idiot. Well, its a good plan, until the village idiot really does get killed. Then we look at Duck and go WTF? And my gymnastics now thinks totally different

I should stop thinking  :-\

We know either SCG or DD is the village idiot ( unless the real village idiot is still hiding, which is something they both would have had to count on for what they're doing to work, so it seems unlikely). Therefore only one of them can be a penguin.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »
Are you seriously entertaining a conspiracy theory in a forum game played in a forum based on conspiracy theories?

Now that you put it like that.... YES

It makes even more sense now :o

I have a better theory. The first game never ended.

You're all still stuck inside Ben Lawers bitches!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
Are you seriously entertaining a conspiracy theory in a forum game played in a forum based on conspiracy theories?

Good point

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »

Did you just Sixth Sense me, bro?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
Next time I hope there are side quests that are helpful in some way. NOT that garlic isn't great, but maybe a map or something.
They're just meant to be fun things to give you something to do during the night. Honestly the garlic was going to be a vague 'Rowbotham gave this person a gift so you could trust them!' that'd probably only be noticed in retrospect but, well, didn't turn out well for Boydster.
But yeah. I don't want to shift the balance mid-game just because the penguins are doing well, alterations like that should probably be ironed out from the get go. For this game they'll be a bit of fun, and I've no idea if anyone's even interested in something during the next night. As far as potential future benefits go, it's hard to come up with something that doesn't potentially break the game.

One kind of hint I was toying with goes back to me being a numbers nerd, and using a Vignere cipher to encode one penguin's name with the other, and then handing that out a number/letter at a time. Obviously that exact thing's not an option now, but something like that might work, a clue that could lead to one or both penguins but is meaningless unless several nights are survived.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2018, 09:30:18 PM »
FLASH POLL! Who is more lost in this game, Shifter or Inky?

A man who has shared his identify that should be very secret with many others is preparing a poll about others who is more lost. It is clear that your playing the game was not a rule of game but your being trusted to SCG. This is not suited the game playing. This is just fooliness.

You played so wrong. Even now, you are not telling us who might have killed you. you do not tell us who you are shared your identify.

On the other hand, you did not control who do you going to kill. pez was an innocent villager, was not him?

[I vote to lynch Pezevenk]

I'm not the oracle, but you are. What kind of an idiot votes someone while he was an oracle and d not check who is he going to kill?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2018, 09:34:36 PM »
Oracles have to be more wise.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2018, 04:55:55 AM »
Well, I know Inky gets my vote!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2018, 05:08:13 AM »
I like how everyone thinks DD is the penguin, but still voted for SCG.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2018, 07:02:25 AM »
I'd switch my vote to DD if there was a chance enough others would as well
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2018, 07:12:23 AM »
At least after I am dead, you will know who one of the penguins is, and it won't be me.

I sincerely hope in the next round the village idiot role is left out. Or at least that I don't get either oracle or idiot. I was pretty sure I wasn't the oracle, but since you only get one name a night there wasn't time to really find out.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
At least after I am dead, you will know who one of the penguins is, and it won't be me.

I sincerely hope in the next round the village idiot role is left out. Or at least that I don't get either oracle or idiot. I was pretty sure I wasn't the oracle, but since you only get one name a night there wasn't time to really find out.

What?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2018, 07:35:07 AM »
I agree, I'm not a fan of the way the idiot works. Too much of a help to the penguins.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2018, 07:37:57 AM »
It does work in favor of the penguins.  But to me it makes the game more interesting.  What I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be any strategy short of killing people to differentiate between the idiot and the oracle.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »

What?

Which part didn't you understand?

After the lynching is over, it will be revealed that I am the village idiot. It will also be revealed that DuckDodgers is lying about being the village idiot. Either he's a penguin, or he's putting a target on his back for no reason.

The oracle and idiot only get to ask about one player each during the nighttime portion of the game. If you are the idiot the answer you get will be random, could be true, could be false. If you are the oracle your answer will be true, but you can't trust it because you don't know if you're really the oracle.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
I was under the impression that a player's role is revealed upon death.  I don't remember Jane saying that she wouldn't disclose if someone is the idiot or the oracle.  So as far as I know boydster really was the oracle.

Unless I missed something Jane said.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »

What?

Which part didn't you understand?

After the lynching is over, it will be revealed that I am the village idiot. It will also be revealed that DuckDodgers is lying about being the village idiot. Either he's a penguin, or he's putting a target on his back for no reason.

The oracle and idiot only get to ask about one player each during the nighttime portion of the game. If you are the idiot the answer you get will be random, could be true, could be false. If you are the oracle your answer will be true, but you can't trust it because you don't know if you're really the oracle.

No no. I understand what have you posted. I just don't understand what is the reason of your insist. We already have to lynch both of you for stay on the safe side. DD seems has not a problem with this, because he says even if we kill him, but killing you will eliminate one penguin from game. you are accusing DD of claiming something like this, that you are simply accusing DD being an idiot (not village idiot).

why would he does something like that. What's a stupid person doing at this association? Is not it more logical and  suits him to watch NASA's fake moon photos?

It is more logical to believe you as a liar than to believe him being a real idiot.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2018, 07:53:12 AM »
You will find out in a few hours which one of us is lying, and it won't be me!

DuckDodgers is a penguin. The tricky part will be figuring out who the other penguin is. If DuckDodgers was willing to expose himself in the hopes of protecting the other penguin, then the other penguin could be anyone left in the game. It might not be Jura, but I am suspicious.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
I was under the impression that a player's role is revealed upon death.  I don't remember Jane saying that she wouldn't disclose if someone is the idiot or the oracle.  So as far as I know boydster really was the oracle.

Unless I missed something Jane said.

So far the players roles have been revealed upon their death. If she stops doing that now, it will be an even greater advantage for the penguins.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2018, 07:59:39 AM »
I don't know what you're all struggling with, I figured out who both the penguins were ages ago  ;D
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH, THESE MARSHMALLOWS ARE GETTING HEAVY.

Pezevenk

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
I'd switch my vote to DD if there was a chance enough others would as well
You can't switch votes anyways...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
Well seems like the consensus was right that DD was the penguin. Kinda weird though that everyone still voted SCG. The exorcist now has to think very thoroughly about who to protect.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »
For some reason I can't post in the player thread. I made a massive mistake in reading my role. I was being told people were safe and assumed it was them being human, not me protecting them.

Pezevenk

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »
I can't post either, don't know why.

I made a massive mistake in reading my role. I was being told people were safe and assumed it was them being human, not me protecting them.
Oh shit. Oh shit. I just realized. It checks out. FUCK. I don't think he's lying. YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP DD!!! SHAME!!! SHAME!!!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2018, 01:39:14 PM »
Wait, no. It doesn't check out. You were told what you were in the beggining. Was that all part of your plan?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »
I was told, but I was also on vacation and couldn't spend much time on here so I knew I was a role but forgot which.

Pezevenk

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2018, 01:43:18 PM »
I was told, but I was also on vacation and couldn't spend much time on here so I knew I was a role but forgot which.
...yyyeah sounds like bullshit.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »
I also have deleted my PMs 2 times over since we started because reasons.