Were-penguins IX, The Templars map.

• 106 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Were-penguins IX, The Templars map.
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:59 PM »

The island of Lundy has been selected, 12 miles off the north coast of Devon, the 500ft granite isle, 1.5 by 3 miles long, it has isolation with the amenities necessary and importantly a history of norovirus outbreaks.
A team was sent under the guise of tourists to ensure that this time the contagion was serious enough to warrant closing of the island until a deep clean and update of the water-treatment works made the place safe. Lundy's owners and management were cut out of the loop on the pretext of incompetence, the work scheduled for a month was completed in 1 week, the stage was set.

Secret dispatches were sent out;

People in the flat earth community were messaged that during the clean up,serendipity had struck, files were discovered hinting at the concealment of a flat earth map during the brief tenure by the Templars in 1160, it was said an archaeologist had found the map excavating near the cairn circles and had attempted to find a buyer but had disappeared, his wife fearing he had been silenced hid it on the island, then she too had gone missing, only the clues remained.

The Glenlivet clan on becoming aware of the rumour has secured the island, they do this as a favour to the community as brothers/sisters in arms in recent conflicts, they have no interest in the map, but do have a grudge against some who might be drawn to it, as such they will not join the group, but instead keep the island secured until business, as it is, is concluded.     
In doing so they hope to discover the nature of the demon infestation of the Penguins and by use of sorcery effect a cure.

Any who wish to attend will be given a date to muster at Hartland point helipad, North Devon, dress in utility clothes as you will be booked as ancillary cleaning staff, stout boots are recommended.
Your accommodation will be in either Millcombe or Government houses

The Marisco Tavern and the small shop will be unlocked but unmanned for your convenience.
There is one phone in the Tavern which can be used to contact the scout team, it does not connect to the mainland, no other interaction with the Sisters Militant is allowed to avoid contamination, for this reason all areas north of the three-quarter wall are out of bounds as is the South light and Rat Island, failure to abide by these simple rules will be met with lethal force.

There is no mobile signal on the Island and no televisions or radios, electricity is turned off at 12.30 GMT, candles and fuel for the stoves are provided.

It is advised that you familiarise yourselves with the Island, some information is available at   https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/lundyisland/discovering-lundy/map/

Extraction will be by helicopter at the Sisters discretion, please enjoy your stay, and good hunting.

Those who dare;

NSS
CFC
Shifter
Boydster
Crouton
SCG
Jane
Wise
The Colonel
The Duck man
TheLordBarst
Bully
Junker (from beyond the veil)

Now message your friends, taunt your enemies, swell these ranks.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:34:22 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
Re: Were-penguins IX, The Templars map.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:53:36 PM »

Rules; These are dependant on numbers and may change before start.

During the day, the villagers can vote to lynch any of their number. A majority wins. Someone can also vote to cancel another’s vote. Whoever ends the day with the most votes dies; if there is a tie, no one dies. Simply write [I vote to lynch ___]

If a character wishes to commit suicide, they do not require a vote, they can do it to themselves instantly. Any votes for them to be lynched are immediately cancelled, and those that did so are free to vote again. This option is only open to villagers, and is only available should there be fewer villagers remaining than the total sum of penguins and NASA agents. Any command for the narrator in the thread should be in square brackets [] to make sure it doesn't get overlooked.

During the night, many things happen. There is no vote, but:
The Psychic can do one of the following each night: they can ask after the alignment of a specific character, or ask for a hint towards a random threat be posted in the main thread. The psychic is on the side of the villagers.

The penguins will alternate nights, and can also choose between two options. They might decide to Both ask after the alignment of a player, or they could decide to kill. If they target a villager, the villager dies. If they target a NASA agent however they will be unable to kill them, and instead their identity will be outed to that agent.

The NASA agents perform the same as the penguins, with the roles reversed. Should a penguin and NASA agent target the same individual, the individual survives and once more the identity of the penguin is revealed to the NASA agent, and the identity of the NASA agent revealed to the penguin. The target learns both. 
The only way for a penguin or NASA agent to die is by lynching. A majority, meaning villagers most of the time, is required.

Days and nights last 24 hours of real time.

If anyone wants to reveal their role in PM or the main thread they are free to do so, however it is still a bit of a stupid thing to do so you are advised against it. It is entirely possible for someone to lie.
However, as the villagers are required for NASA agents to defeat the penguins, or vice versa, there may be cause for an uneasy alliance.
The penguins win when the NASA agents and villagers are wiped out, or such a thing is unavoidable.
NASA wins when penguins and villagers are wiped out, or such a thing is unavoidable.
The villagers win when both NASA and the penguins are defeated.
Alternatively, no one wins should all villagers be dead, and the NASA agents or penguins both have one or both have two survivors, so don’t be too free with your killing.

Dead players may post only at night, but living players may commune with them even during the day via PM. This includes talking with dead penguins/NASA agents should anyone wish to pull a ‘the enemy of my enemy.’
When someone dies, it is revealed whether they were a penguin, NASA agent or human; any special roles are the ghost’s to reveal. Any knowledge on the alignments of other characters remains secret, and will be dispensed by their ghost as and when they wish it.
Any questions, let me know!

The two werepenguins have human names during the day, but their true penguin names are Gus and Waldo
The two NASA agents operate under the code names Virgil and Roger. An alarming number of NASA agents are called Neil, but not these.
Virgil and Gus will PM me on night one. Roger and Waldo on night two, and so on. If Virgil dies, Roger will PM in their place also. If both members of one team are killed, their counterparts still only get one PM a night.

Lynching the narrator is enabled. However the Ravens and crows hear all and will tell the Sisters militant of your plans, the moment any player who votes to lynch me goes near a window or steps outside the building, one of the two snipers in the Sisters scout section will blow your head clean off.

There are two werepenguins, two NASA spies, and one psychic among the villagers. This is all that is known for certain. Everyone except the psychic has an additional role on top of their alignment.

Villager only roles

1 Vengeful Spirit - Has all the powers of a psychic, but only when they have been killed by either a penguin or NASA agent. If they were lynched, they can only ask after a name once, and only the name of one of those that voted for them.

2 Wildcard - Their sole purpose is to make the villagers lose. It does not matter who wins. Even in death they are indistinguishable from a villager. They will PMed the role PMs for other roles as cover.

3  lovers (x2) – Two players are hopelessly in love, so much so that should one be killed the other dies of a broken heart at the next sunrise, the players are aware of their lover, one of them gets a second power from the shared roles section.

4 Empath - Attunes themselves to a target each night and learns that target's role, much like a psychic. If their target is killed, however, they die too. If they locate a penguin or NASA agent they are too traumatised to ever use their power again.

5 Werewolf -This player has werewolf blood boiling in it's veins, if this player is killed by a penguin it will morph into a werewolf and kill the penguin that killed it. However, if this player is lynched, it will morph into a werewolf and kill a villager, the were-wolf can choose only from those villagers that elected to lynch it.

Shared Villager, penguin and NASA roles

Bodyguard - At the end of each day, PMs the narrator a name and the person they choose will not be killed by any penguin or NASA agent during that night. They cannot protect themselves. Their power only works once, after that they will be too injured. If by some staggering coincidence the NASA agent, penguin and bodyguard all select the same person, it's the bodyguard who will become aware of their identities in addition to the one they protected. If the bodyguard protects a penguin from a NASA agent, or vice versa, they will still lose their power and the victim will not learn of their attacker's identity.

Spirit Magician - When this person is killed, they may choose another person to resurrect with all their abilities intact. Penguins and NASA agents cannot be brought back.

Thief - At any time, this player may steal another character's role. The person they targeted will be informed and given a new ability at random. The thief no longer steals alignment, just ability. That way a team evil can be a thief as well. The only way alignment changes is if they end up the wildcard. Then the wildcard ends up normal.

Hypnotist - May choose any player and remove any abilities they possess for the next block of the day. For example, they would PM me a name at the end of the night, and someone would then not be able to use their power during the next day. If they PM me a name during the day, the target would have no power during the night. This also prevents a selected penguin/NASA agent from killing or scanning an individual, but cannot be done constantly. A day or a night must pass before they can act again. The affected will be told their powers have been taken for the 24 hour (real time) period.

Channeller - Is informed when someone uses a special ability on them and what that ability is, though not the alignment or identity of the person using that power. If they wish it they can redirect the power to another user. This does not affect being killed, and only works once per day/night cycle. This includes being able to redirect a dampened ability.

Scam Artist - During the day, may PM the narrator two votes counted towards the lynching total. There is a 25% chance of being caught and losing their power, but cast votes still go through. Their identity however is not revealed to the world at large.

Politician - May act to prevent a lynching by outing themselves in the thread. The person to be lynched is then changed to anyone else that has at least one vote not cast by the Politician; it is the Politician's choice. If they do not kill a penguin/NASA agent, they lose their power. If they do kill one they maintain the ability to overrule in future.

Amateur Vigilante - May kill one person, day or night, simply by PMing the narrator. There is a 50% chance of being caught and killed. Only works once.

All these abilities will be distributed at random among all players. There may be some duplicates, and some may not appear.
However there are limits. There will be only one of the following per side: spirit magician, wildcard, amateur vigilante, hypnotist.
The Thief's ability however may lead to duplicates of those, but not the hypnotist.

The psychic is the only special role that is certain to appear, and also will only appear once. The options for either Team Evil are slightly revamped. They can either kill, or they can both investigate alignments. So they either take out one person, or they PM to say they won't be killing, and both PM the narrator someone to investigate so if two penguins live, they learn two roles. If only one is alive, they can only learn one role, etc.

Special thanks to Jane.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:35:54 PM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:00:49 PM »
I'm game.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »
Sweet! I am excited...I am in...

I am assuming you are still making the rules and roles
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 02:06:19 PM »

Welcome. nearly done.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 02:09:00 PM »
I love remote and isolated places. Count me in!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 02:11:17 PM »
I am sofa King ex sight. Ed forth is.

I'm in.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »

I'm in.

Drunken people are welcome too, the Tavern has local ales, 15 whisky's and 5 rum's.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 02:53:34 PM »

I'm in.

Drunken people are welcome too, the Tavern has local ales, 15 whisky's and 5 rum's.

You have to say it out loud phonetically.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »

Got It!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »

I'm in.

You have to say it out loud phonetically.

I dont drink. Is this going to be a problem?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
In baby!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
W00T! I'm in.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »

I min.

FTFY
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »

I min.

FTFY

Good looking out. That was a missed opportunity.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »
I'm in!

There will be only one of the following per side: spirit magician, wildcard, amateur vigilante, hypnotist.
The Thief's ability however may lead to duplicates of those, but not the hypnotist.
Aww, no trio of hypnotists causing chaos this time?   :P
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »
Hey NSS, I remember the glitch of my game that Jane corrected, wasn't there one with hers as well?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »
But I want to play with bugaboo.

If you add rabinoz with role of bugaboo, that he has to be lynched in first day for game starts, so I'm in. I do think that he deserves this. 

I'm in in all situations with your game, but bugaboo.  :'(

PS: I did not get anything about new rules, I hope nothing has changed.
2- Lovers role is disguisting.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:18 PM »

If you add rabinoz with role of bugaboo, that he has to be lynched in first day for game starts, so I'm in. I do think that he deserves this. 

Agreed on the bugaboo role. There is no greater flat earth critic/antagonist than rab and having him forced into this expedition only to meet a gruesome end is the perfect fit and most deserved end for him.

Know your place

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »
I am most definitely in
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 12:26:43 AM »

Agreed on the bugaboo role. There is no greater flat earth critic/antagonist than rab and having him forced into this expedition only to meet a gruesome end is the perfect fit and most deserved end for him.

I've suggested it earlier and still wait for comments.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78848.0

Vote bugaboo. bugaboo for president. 8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 06:39:04 AM »
Count me in. I love the lovers, though it'd be more exciting if the lovers could be anyone, NASA penguin or villager. That'd surely spice things up.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »
Hey NSS, I remember the glitch of my game that Jane corrected, wasn't there one with hers as well?

Jane will debate that there was no flaw.

But the game was stacked with too many players that had abilities.

The ability to negate a kill by bringing a player back to life.

Penguins unable to kill if hypnotized.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:40:10 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

Bom Tishop

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 07:53:15 AM »

That was the one... How does everyone feel about that?

Count me in. I love the lovers, though it'd be more exciting if the lovers could be anyone, NASA penguin or villager. That'd surely spice things up.

That would have a new dynamic there

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »

I did think about that, as everyone is going to be saying they are human, I was thinking that after the 3rd day any evil player must then reveal (guilt at the lies) to their partner, you may find that you are in love with a demon bird, what you gonna  do?
However, if we keep them just human it does give the beginnings of an alliance albeit a dangerous one, that can be trusted, what are your thoughts people?

DuckDodgers

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:37:44 AM »
The are pros and cons for both ways. To have lovers only be human, it adds an additional danger for the humans if they could be killed, it's a twofer kill. To have them associated with any team, even the penguins and NASA have to be concerned with a more who is more concerned with their own survival than with their team winning. We could also have the ultimate evil, a NASA- penguin lovers scenario.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 08:57:57 AM »

Hypnotizing a penguin/NASA should not prevent a penguin or NASA from killing, it can stop the use of their other special ability (if they have one) and to see the status of a target, but killing should not be prevented.
Rabinoz RIP

Bom Tishop

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 09:14:26 AM »

Hypnotizing a penguin/NASA should not prevent a penguin or NASA from killing, it can stop the use of their other special ability (if they have one) and to see the status of a target, but killing should not be prevented.

I agree with this, that would be like the hypnotist being able to stop a villager from voting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »
That defeats the purpose of the hypnotist.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
I think it'd be best to secretly limit the number of hypnotists than change how they work. If both evil members are alive on a team and the hypnotist knows each is evil, they only have a 50/50 shot at being able to prevent a death.

Possibly make it so the hypnotist can't hypnotize for a full day/night cycle after they had hypnotized someone. This would prevent the hypnotist from being able to lock up a penguin or NASA every night, in cases like last game.