The sickest video of returning from space ever

• 1205 Replies
Re: The sickest video of returning from space ever
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »
...said some dumb shit...

I worked it out, you're Geoff! You just keep calling everyone else Geoff to throw off the fact that you're Geoff, nice to meet you Geoff!
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »

No, my calculations indicate that the momentum is too high when coming in for landing and that the thrust available is to weak to stop the motion in the available time. If it is all done by computer, it should be easy to print out the trajectory with times, positions, velocity vectors in 3D, masses, thrusts applied in various directions, hypersonic flap motions/results at the top, position of the barge, weather conditions, wind, etc.

It should also be easy for u to show yours calculations, since so far u have showed nothing.....

Btw, if your calculations are those showing the time to hit the ground considering constant speed and not even trying to estimate the effect of aerodynamic drag.... well, say bye bye to your credibility as an engineer

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2016, 01:06:49 AM »

No, my calculations indicate that the momentum is too high when coming in for landing and that the thrust available is to weak to stop the motion in the available time. If it is all done by computer, it should be easy to print out the trajectory with times, positions, velocity vectors in 3D, masses, thrusts applied in various directions, hypersonic flap motions/results at the top, position of the barge, weather conditions, wind, etc.

It should also be easy for u to show yours calculations, since so far u have showed nothing.....

Btw, if your calculations are those showing the time to hit the ground considering constant speed and not even trying to estimate the effect of aerodynamic drag.... well, say bye bye to your credibility as an engineer

By the looks of it he is just eyeballing the figures for the trajectory and falcon 9 itself. Not even using the technical read outs. He has just asked me to provide them. This guy is a joke.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2016, 01:27:12 AM »
You can get the print outs of the relevant parameters off the Internet.

Can't get any details of these 'cold gas thrusters' though...

I worked it out, you're Geoff! You just keep calling everyone else Geoff to throw off the fact that you're Geoff, nice to meet you Geoff!

STFU Geoff, you've already done this in your 'Rayzor' & 'Rabinoz' sock-puppets, remember?

Do you think this is 1995 & you're the only person on the web who's thought of using sock-ID's to control debate?

Have another drink & troll some more bullshit, you desperate old fraud.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2016, 01:34:43 AM »
Then you have not looked hard enough legba

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2016, 01:40:21 AM »
No, my calculations indicate that the momentum is too high when coming in for landing and that the thrust available is to weak to stop the motion in the available time

Please show those calculation, due to the fact that they have 9 engines, they can vary thrust between 845kN to 7607kN, It has a dry mass of round 14 tonnes.

I do it at my website http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm .

The amount of potential/kinetic energy at the top of the trajectory of the first stage to be recovered is great and speed will just increase from there to become several times hypersonic on the way down at say 10 000 m altitude, when air is thick enough to provide resistance.

But then it is too late.

The rocket engines cannot provide the required thrust to stop or reduce speed of the rocket and furthermore you cannot carry the fuel with you to run the engines.

The whole thing is a hoax. I doubt SpaceX employs 5000 persons to create these illusions of landing a rocket on a barge. Therefore the operating and software systems do not exist in reality. The video is CGI.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2016, 01:42:50 AM »

And you have not helped, Shpokky-boy.

Which, as you seem to know everything else about this fraud, is somewhat suspicious, no?

Whatever; back to your dyslexic disinfo-duties now you poor sod.

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2016, 01:43:11 AM »
Is many times hypersonic a technical term?

Do your figures use the figures from the technical read outs from space x? Or are you eyeballing it?

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2016, 01:44:32 AM »

And you have not helped, Shpokky-boy.

Which, as you seem to know everything else about this fraud, is somewhat suspicious, no?

Whatever; back to your dyslexic disinfo-duties now you poor sod.
I'm not here to help you. If you can't be bothered to find the relevant information required to back up your belifes then that's your problem not ours. It just goes to show how lazy you are.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2016, 01:55:49 AM »
I do it at my website http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm .
The first stage does not go to orbital speeds. So you have not done any calculations.

The amount of potential/kinetic energy at the top of the trajectory of the first stage to be recovered is great and speed will just increase from there to become several times hypersonic on the way down at say 10 000 m altitude, when air is thick enough to provide resistance.
That is why there is a boost back burn. A much lighter vehicle (no second stage attached and less fuel) will require a lot less fuel to change its velocity.

The rocket engines cannot provide the required thrust to stop or reduce speed of the rocket and furthermore you cannot carry the fuel with you to run the engines.
Based on what do you say this? Give us some facts to back your claims. What law of nature says that fuel can only go one way?

The whole thing is a hoax. I doubt SpaceX employs 5000 persons to create these illusions of landing a rocket on a barge. Therefore the operating and software systems do not exist in reality. The video is CGI.

You just said "I can not fathom, therefore it cant be"

you fall in the same category as those that said the following
"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." – Western Union internal memo, 1876
"Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia." – Dr. Dionysius Lardner, 1830
"X-rays will prove to be a hoax." - Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, spoken in 1883.
"There will never be a bigger plane built." - A Boeing engineer, shorty after the company had built a twin engine plane that only held 10 people.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." – Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
"The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty—a fad." – -The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford's lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Heiwa

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2016, 02:06:10 AM »

Do your figures use the figures from the technical read outs from space x? Or are you eyeballing it?

Hypersonic speed starts at 330 m/s or so. So many times is say 1000 m/s.

I use the SpaceX figures provided on the Internet - you really have to visit http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm for details/links.

There is no stability of the 23 tons rocket in horizontal flight to slow down horizontal movement with say 30 tons fuel in the 20 m long tanks. The fuel will slosh around from one end to the other and the rocket will end up with rocket engines facing upwards and to bring it back vertically with rocket engines at the bottom requires plenty force/moment/energy that you do not have.

The whole thing is a stupid joke. BUT Americans believe anything shown live on TV.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2016, 02:10:50 AM »
I'm not here to help you.

LMFAO!!!

Oh, I got that already, Shpokky-boy...

You are DEFINITELY not here to help!

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2016, 02:25:56 AM »

I use the SpaceX figures provided on the Internet - you really have to visit http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm for details/links.

There is no stability of the 23 tons rocket in horizontal flight to slow down horizontal movement with say 30 tons fuel in the 20 m long tanks. The fuel will slosh around from one end to the other and the rocket will end up with rocket engines facing upwards and to bring it back vertically with rocket engines at the bottom requires plenty force/moment/energy that you do not have.

The whole thing is a stupid joke. BUT Americans believe anything shown live on TV.

330 is supersonic not hypersonic, hypersonic regime starts at mach 5. Btw sonic speed changes with altitude and temperature.

Have you seen the detailed designed of spacex fuel tanks to claim that?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2016, 02:55:06 AM »
hypersonic regime starts at mach 5.

The original meaning of the term 'hypersonic' was merely an abbreviation of the term 'highly supersonic', & was understood to deal with speeds above Mach 3.

However, as your nasty dyslexic disinfo-ass cannot even tell the difference between the centre of pressure on a body of revolution & the centre of lift on an airplane, it is unsurprising you do not know this.

Sadly, this fact will not prevent your sneering, triumphant & horribly illiterate spamming on the subject forever, will it?

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »
SpaceX's launch today didn't necessarily break any space records but the rocket-cam video may have broken the record for coolest video ever.  I'm hoping we get a full-length hi-def version soon.

That you all believe this fucking bullshit is what is amazing and sick!

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:43 AM »
A rocket will fly only if the centre of gravity is ahead of the centre of pressure far enough to allow air currents to cause a stabilising effect.

Again, you don't include another principle from the model rocketry page you quote:

What degree of stability is required? Experience has shown that if the center of gravity and the center of pressure are determined as outlined above, your rocket will have ample stability if the center of gravity is ahead of the center of pressure by at least one half the diameter (caliber) of your rocket.

That's the take off.

As for the landing, if these contraptions can fly around and land using only the balance of the pilot and his limited and slow processing capabilities, I don't see how a modern rocket with the advent of modern accurate sensing systems and fast computer processing capability couldn't do something similar.

Indeed, even a Harrier is able to land with its thrust component located on the bottom of the craft.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

And this peanut gallery short bus joker wants us to equate the pretty pictures with a rocket!!!

Disingenuous bastards are really sick...

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:01 AM »
when talking about longitudinal stability of an airplane you should talk about the aerodynamic center.... Btw I imagine that u know that there is a relation between the aerodynamic properties of a section of cylinder and certain airfoils....

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2016, 07:44:39 AM »
You imagine a lot of things, luckypoodle...

For example, that I am the least bit interested in your convoluted & illiterate disinfo-spam.

As ever, your imagination has failed you.

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2016, 10:12:30 AM »
Always funny when you keep reminding how little (actually nothing) do you know about aerospace engineering :)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »
The person you are trying to shill is currently unavailable.

Please try again later.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2016, 11:00:15 AM »

Oh God the heiwa virus has spread!! I thought it was at least in containment!!

Good luck trying to get equations, proof, or anything from him besides the same repeated wishfull hearsay dribble as always. He is a powerful troll, one with many heads to cut off. Sadly not a fully functioning one of the bunch
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
And this peanut gallery short bus joker wants us to equate the pretty pictures with a rocket!!!

Disingenuous bastards are really sick...

Of course anyone that disagrees with the Exalted Total Lackey just has to be sick!

If all you can do is insult your opponents you must be a loser! What about coming with a few facts?

Heiwa

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2016, 04:23:05 PM »

330 is supersonic not hypersonic, hypersonic regime starts at mach 5. Btw sonic speed changes with altitude and temperature.

Have you seen the detailed designed of spacex fuel tanks to claim that?

Thanks for info about difference of super- and hyper- sonic regimes at different altitudes and temperatures. Hopefully Spacex considers it when braking hard before the quick landing.

Re fuel tanks. No I haven't seen the detail design so please provide it. Only info I have is that they are built of aluminum-lithium whatever that is. Any ideas?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
Re fuel tanks. No I haven't seen the detail design so please provide it. Only info I have is that they are built of aluminum-lithium whatever that is. Any ideas?
An engineer that doesn't know about alloys?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »
Aluminum!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2016, 06:09:12 PM »
Aluminum!
Are you suggesting that aluminum can't alloy with lithium?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium-lithium_alloy

Heiwa

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »
Aluminum!
Yes - aluminium can but not aluminum used by SpaceX.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
Aluminum!
Yes - aluminium can but not aluminum used by SpaceX.
Huh?  Why not? ???

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
Huh?  Why not? ???

Because it can't markjo.....because it can't.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2016, 08:32:10 PM »
Huh?  Why not? ???

Because it can't markjo.....because it can't.
Obviously aluminum alloys aren't used nearly as much in marine engineering as they are in aerospace engineering.