Map

• 96 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Map
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:24 AM »
We've got a rocket (singular noun), the rocket fuel (singular noun), and that's two objects (two singular nouns)! There you go, satisfied?

Don't forget the rocket engine - that's three, Rainman.

And the fuel tank - that's four, Rainman.

And the fuel pump - that's five, Rainman.

And the astro-not - that's six, Rainman.

Where will all this counting stop, Rainman?

When they find a cure for your autism?

Or after you hit it big in Vegas & use the proceeds to buy a live-in hugbox you never have to leave again?

Oh, & Geoff; STFU.

And that is the peak of Legba's intellect gentlemen! He remembered Rainman, and now he calls me that all the time, because he thinks it's smart. Wow. You have the intellect of Forrest Gump, you're as monotonous as HAL 9000, and as likable as Nurse Ratched. You've reached the peak of overall shitiness.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 05:59:43 AM »
We've got a rocket (singular noun), the rocket fuel (singular noun), and that's two objects (two singular nouns)! There you go, satisfied?
Don't forget the rocket engine - that's three, Rainman. And the fuel tank - that's four, Rainman. And the fuel pump - that's five, Rainman. And the astro-not - that's six, Rainman. Where will all this counting stop, Rainman? When they find a cure for your autism? Or after you hit it big in Vegas & use the proceeds to buy a live-in hugbox you never have to leave again? Oh, & Geoff; STFU.

And that is the peak of Legba's intellect gentlemen! He remembered Rainman, and now he calls me that all the time, because he thinks it's smart. Wow. You have the intellect of Forrest Gump, you're as monotonous as HAL 9000, and as likable as Nurse Ratched. You've reached the peak of overall shitiness.

But you must admit that he is 100% successful at completely shutting down the original discussion (his paid profession probably), which I thought was someone asking for a "good flat earth map" (I believe that's an oxymoron - Papa's just and ordinary moron!).

I think Papa runs neck-and-neck with jroa on this, though " JohnRozz " sees to have taken over as chief "head-kicker" now!

I tried to oblige with all the ones flat earther's seemed to used.

Pezevenk

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 06:03:41 AM »
Don't forget the rocket engine - that's three, Rainman. And the fuel tank - that's four, Rainman. And the fuel pump - that's five, Rainman. And the astro-not - that's six, Rainman. Where will all this counting stop, Rainman? When they find a cure for your autism? Or after you hit it big in Vegas & use the proceeds to buy a live-in hugbox you never have to leave again? Oh, & Geoff; STFU.

But you must admit that he is 100% successful at completely shutting down the original discussion (his paid profession probably), which I thought was someone asking for a "good flat earth map" (I believe that's an oxymoron - Papa's just and ordinary moron!).

I think Papa runs neck-and-neck with jroa on this, though " JohnRozz " sees to have taken over as chief "head-kicker" now!

I tried to oblige with all the ones flat earther's seemed to used.

Nah, Legba is better than Jroa or JohnRozz at derailing. He once derailed almost EVERY ACTIVE THREAD on this forum, I was there to witness it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 09:43:45 AM »
Papa Legba or Jroa will help you with a scale map

No I won't.

Because I don't think the earth is flat.

Can't speak for jroa though.

Good work on mentioning me in every post anyway, stalker.

Please read the satanic bible

What, that shite by Anton La Gay?

LMFAO!!!

You dick.

WTF? Now you don't think it's flat?

Oh fuck this, I'm done with trolls...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
So what is new, when asked for evidence or a map that can not be produced, the topic always gets derailed. As this is the typical case because FE is a fantasy and has no reality (real world evidence), virtually every thread needs someone to derail it - usually with insults following. Standard debate tactic. That is all that FEers have. Be nice...

Any new-comers to this forum can just read through the threads for the past month or so and see what happens.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 10:40:14 AM »
Hi. It seems we have two flat earthers responding to the thread.
Hi both!

I was asking if anyone could provide me with a flat earth map with a working scale.
I notice several replies from you both, but you havnt yet linked a map.

Do you have one?
I'd rather not use a globetards map if it's not accurate.

Many thanks.

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »
Hope nobody minds me bumping this. The flat earth society is thousands strong. I was hoping someone here are a map with a scale that works? Anyone? Not interested in global maps. Just a flat earth map with a scale that works.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »
Hi.
Anyone got a map of the flat earth with a working scale?
Thanks in advance.
[/quoteFlat Earth - compass issue
Hi all,
Im Ivan from Croatia and I have few ideas about cartografy and FE maps. From first explorers to today compass was the most important and sometimes only aid to find fixed point anywhere on the earth. This is important because with compass you can find and follow straight and shortest way from A to B.
My point is:  GLOBE has a fixed N - (top) and fixed S - (down)
                       FLAT has fixed N - (center) and around S   ( like loudspeaker)
So if earth is flat and not globe than Maggelan made a full circle around the plane allways following straigh WEST with his right side of the boat looking to North.
But that means that trip on flat earth from point A to B with use of compass will never be a streight and shortest line but a CURVE that circle around central North. That means all distances betwen two points are wrong.( If you go straight West than you will not go in straight line but make a curve - little longer than straight line. The bigger the distance is bigger is error.)We can asume that all today distances are made using compass (and have same error) because we use compass in any travel.  Earth and continents should be measured somehow without compass or with use of complicated calculations depending on position and distance of measured point from the center (NORTH). Once again travelling with compass on flat earth you can never go straight - you allways make a curve. To go straight on FE with compass you have to constantly modify angle and distance from the center (North). To make real FE map all disstances must be re-calculated since they are made with compass and work only with compass based autopilots and gps. Compass is totally unpracctical on FE model since it never give you straight and shortest way but a curve.The best way would be to put a set of towers all over the world and with simple triangulation make a new map that we all deserve. I hope there is somebody out there with more knowlege and practical work to play with this idea. Thanks

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 11:41:46 PM »
Flat Earth - compass issue
Hi all,
Im Ivan from Croatia and I have few ideas about cartografy and FE maps. From first explorers to today compass was the most important and sometimes only aid to find fixed point anywhere on the earth. This is important because with compass you can find and follow straight and shortest way from A to B.
So if earth is flat and not globe than Maggelan made a full circle around the plane allways following straigh WEST with his right side of the boat looking to North.
But that means that trip on flat earth from point A to B with use of compass will never be a streight and shortest line but a CURVE that circle around central North. That means all distances betwen two points are wrong.( If you go straight West than you will not go in straight line but make a curve - little longer than straight line. The bigger the distance is bigger is error.)We can asume that all today distances are made using compass (and have same error) because we use compass in any travel.  Earth and continents should be measured somehow without compass or with use of complicated calculations depending on position and distance of measured point from the center (NORTH). Once again travelling with compass on flat earth you can never go straight - you allways make a curve. To go straight on FE with compass you have to constantly modify angle and distance from the center (North). To make real FE map all disstances must be re-calculated since they are made with compass and work only with compass based autopilots and gps. Compass is totally unpracctical on FE model since it never give you straight and shortest way but a curve.The best way would be to put a set of towers all over the world and with simple triangulation make a new map that we all deserve. I hope there is somebody out there with more knowlege and practical work to play with this idea. Thanks

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »
Flat Earth - compass issue
Hi all,
Hi Ivan. I'm wondering why it's not possible to walk in a straight line? Are you saying flat earth maps are wrong?

I am a little surprised that after 38 replies nobody has yet managed to provide a simple working map?
Flat earth society. Do You Have A Map? Yes or No.

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
No. Nobody has. So called FE map in circle ( UN logo) is only azimuth equidistant projection of globe earth. My point is that on FE model when you go with compass to WEST it won't be a straight line but a curve. So all distances measured WEST-EAST IS WRONG. Only NORTH-SOUTH is straight line.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »
Actually, they really can't explain why the N.Pole is in the middle. The azimuthal projection is typically used but it is from a globe and has HUGE distortions on the edges that are hidden by the oceans (N.Pole in middle). With the S.Pole in the middle, the distortions are manifest: (http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65369.0)

So no, after THOUSANDS of years (longer than RET/heliocentricity has been around), no map yet. Don't hold your breath as the Earth is not flat (FE is a fantasy).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:15:42 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 09:35:03 AM »
My guess that the AEP/Gleason's Carbon Copy Map has been "the flat earth map" is that they can claim the distortiion of Antarctica is the "ice ring." "Flat Earthers" also call Antarctica "The Rim Continent."

But there seems to be some crticism - mostly from "round earthers" who are residents of that  country - about the size and shape of Australia.

And the general opinion seems to be that the FES is also "One Big Hoax" as well as "One Big Joke.""
But you do have to give fe's credit for vivid imaginaton and invention of weird ideas, LOL.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:51:24 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:59 AM »
To make a map is a difficult endeavour on a global earth. On a flat earth it's easy.

I'm going to have to put this question on hold I think.
It would appear that there is no flat earth map with a scale.

I'm trying to gather what evidences there are for flat earth. It seems there are many people completely convinced FE is real.
I wonder why it's been so hard just to make a map?

Over to you.

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 12:43:20 PM »
--- because information is not free and an intelligent man can see there is an incentive to keep truth about the earth hidden.  Sorry you feel left out! 

Only a fool would expect map-makers (or globe-trollers) to disclose their research to the general public.  Sheesh. 

Cartographers do not work for free!!! 

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 01:40:05 PM »
--- because information is not free and an intelligent man can see there is an incentive to keep truth about the earth hidden.  Sorry you feel left out! 

Only a fool would expect map-makers (or globe-trollers) to disclose their research to the general public.  Sheesh. 

Cartographers do not work for free!!!

Map making on a Flat Earth is very simple.

To disprove the globetards just measure some distances in the real world and apply them to a  Globetard map. Their map will not fit reality.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
Now go tell me a rocket (singular noun) is two objects (plural) again, you brainwashed psycho.

I thought this thread was on "Map". I think your failure to understand how rockets actually manage to work is getting you down, poor fellow!

They DO work, and you just cannot understand how that's possible - get's so frustrating that sort of thing.

Especially when everyone knows how they work!

STOP  feeding the Trolls. Come on.  As you said, this is about finding an FE map, then in your next sentence, you hand the Troll an entire meal.

The thread is about MAPS. Keep it ABOUT MAPS
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

Round and Proud

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »

No I won't.

LMFAO!!!

You dick.

He has NEVER made the claim he believes in FET.  He's a RE with the IQ of well under 50. An Idiot-savant, with some skill at cut and pasting his own posts to fill bandwidth.

You best move to stay on topic, is not to feed him.

So, about this FE Map. Where is it?
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 06:50:10 AM »
Seriously. Can someone just post a flat earth map I can use in the actual flat earth? Come on! Enough is enough .

I can see this is a serious site with scholarly participation. A simple working map is the very basics! What the heck is the problem?

Round and Proud

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
Seriously. Can someone just post a flat earth map I can use in the actual flat earth? Come on! Enough is enough .

I can see this is a serious site with scholarly participation. A simple working map is the very basics! What the heck is the problem?

John Davis posted this about asking for a flat earth map; “Insistence on an “Accurate”  map is a rhetorical trick.”

“…is essentially asking the impossible.”

I'm afraid, this is as close as you can get with the FET believers.

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »
About the maps
Example how Flat Earth map should look like is Potrolan and Catalan maps. Portolan charts are navigational maps based on compass directions and estimated distances observed by the pilots at sea. Portolans did not take into account the curvature of the earth.Catalan charts are a subtype of the medieval period (1300–1500) portolan chart.Portolan and Catalan maps are also characterized by the accuracy of inland features, sometimes for the lines of latitude/longitude and specially for the lack of map projection, for cartometric investigation has revealed that no projection was used in portolans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_chart#/media/File:Europe_Mediterranean_Catalan_Atlas.jpeg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portolan_chart#/media/File:Maggiolo_-_Portolankarte_-_1541.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Atlas#/media/File:Compass_rose_from_Catalan_Atlas_(1375).jpg
Majorcan cosmographers and cartographers experimented and developed their own cartographic techniques.Majorcans were responsible for the invention (c. 1300) of the "normal portolan chart". The portolan was a realistic, detailed nautical chart, gridded by a rhumbline network with compass lines that could be used to deduce exact sailing directions between any two points.
As you all can see most of this is from wiki and they don't hide it. These maps are rude example of what the FE map should look like since they were last and best made before establishment of "The globe earth theory".
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:03:30 PM by geoblue »

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 01:32:41 AM »
About the maps
Example how Flat Earth map should look like is Potrolan and Catalan maps. Portolan charts are navigational maps based on compass directions and estimated distances observed by the pilots at sea. Portolans did not take into account the curvature of the earth.Catalan charts are a subtype of the medieval period (1300–1500) portolan chart.Portolan and Catalan maps are also characterized by the accuracy of inland features, sometimes for the lines of latitude/longitude and specially for the lack of map projection, for cartometric investigation has revealed that no projection was used in portolans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_chart#/media/File:Europe_Mediterranean_Catalan_Atlas.jpeg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portolan_chart#/media/File:Maggiolo_-_Portolankarte_-_1541.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Atlas#/media/File:Compass_rose_from_Catalan_Atlas_(1375).jpg
Majorcan cosmographers and cartographers experimented and developed their own cartographic techniques.Majorcans were responsible for the invention (c. 1300) of the "normal portolan chart". The portolan was a realistic, detailed nautical chart, gridded by a rhumbline network with compass lines that could be used to deduce exact sailing directions between any two points.
As you all can see most of this is from wiki and they don't hide it. These maps are rude example of what the FE map should look like since they were last and best made before establishment of "The globe earth theory".

I did ask for a flat earth map with a scale, and thanks for providing one.
I have to say that if the only way to produce one is by measuring lines between points and the latest you can produce is medieval, then that is staggering evidence against Flat Earth. A map is not a series of distances between points.

Why does this society exist if it can't even pull up a single working map? I'm serious. Why does it exist?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:00 AM »

No I won't.

LMFAO!!!

You dick.

Believing the Earth is flat is not a prerequisite to pointing out the BS that you people claim. 

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2016, 02:41:12 AM »
These old maps i only mentioned to show difference between use of compass in maps making. Also if you ever seen ancient maps (exmp. Piri Reis )   that most modern cartographers think were imposible to be made by ancient cultures - all are made with portolan metod. Not even one map show earth as a globe. Take a closer look int ancient maps. 

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2016, 03:22:58 AM »
These old maps i only mentioned to show difference between use of compass in maps making. Also if you ever seen ancient maps (exmp. Piri Reis )   that most modern cartographers think were imposible to be made by ancient cultures - all are made with portolan metod. Not even one map show earth as a globe. Take a closer look int ancient maps.

What is the point of looking at ancient maps that don't work? I might as well cook my toast in a Fridge.
I came here to the Flat Earth society expecting someone at some point ,if the world was flat, to have  a map they can use. This is amazing!
Just how does a flat earth believer travel around? Do you use the globetards maps? Do you trust their lies? Do their lies work??

This is ridiculous.

Round and Proud

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:37 AM »

What is the point of looking at ancient maps that don't work? I might as well cook my toast in a Fridge.
I came here to the Flat Earth society expecting someone at some point ,if the world was flat, to have  a map they can use. This is amazing!
Just how does a flat earth believer travel around? Do you use the globetards maps? Do you trust their lies? Do their lies work??

This is ridiculous.

What lies? RE is proved by observation, experimentation, and math.

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2016, 05:10:27 AM »
You just dont get it. Today globe maps work perfectly with all compass based instruments. Look for explanation for "RHUMBLINE" to get example how compass would work on flat earth. That is the main thing. COMPASS and how to read it.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2016, 05:56:33 AM »
You just dont get it. Today globe maps work perfectly with all compass based instruments. Look for explanation for "RHUMBLINE" to get example how compass would work on flat earth. That is the main thing. COMPASS and how to read it.
The main thing is that you are unable to provide a working map. If there was one it would have been produced by now. That is a minimum that the FES should have produced by now.

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2016, 06:49:15 AM »
Im tired. Do you have any idea how hard is it to make a map from start. How many people, how much money, not to mention how many working hours. At least few years and that is for professionals.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2016, 07:57:27 AM »
Im tired. Do you have any idea how hard is it to make a map from start. How many people, how much money, not to mention how many working hours. At least few years and that is for professionals.
A GPS receiver will give you lat and long.  Start with that information.  Plus angle of the sun.