A new FE map

• 17 Replies
?

Jadyyn

A new FE map
« on: December 31, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
Other than the Antarctica conspiracy theory, why does the FE Society use the traditional UN type map with the N.Pole in the middle?

Why don't they use this map with the S.Pole in the middle:

It has the same distortions, but in the N.hemisphere. Would anyone north of the equator buy it?

The south celestial pole (center of southern star trails) would be correct, but unfortunately, the north celestial pole would not be viewed by anyone above the disk. Polaris would go around a 50,000+ mi circle.

Travel distances in the southern hemisphere would be better, but I doubt anyone in the northern hemisphere would be pleased with the 50,000+ mi distance at Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia.

Since the FE Society really doesn't care what people in the southern hemisphere think (I doubt there are many people from S. America, southern Africa, Antarctica, Pacifica or toward Australia/New Zealand on this website) and it is mostly oceans, that isn't much of a problem, is it? One air traffic controller from New Zealand, just got blown off (see http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.0)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:52:12 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Re: A new FE map
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »

It has the same distortions, but in the N.hemisphere. Would anyone north of the equator buy it?
It's just another projection of a globe, so what's the point?  What do you meant by "buy it"?  You mean will it fool anyone?

The shapes of the continents are completely wrong, which isn't surprising.  Also, according to that map if I sail due north from the UK I'll hit the edge of the world after a few hundred kilometres.  Pro-tip: this doesn't happen.

You're clutching at straws.

If you want a map of the world with no distortion and correct distances, use this one:

https://www.webglearth.com/#ll=35.89553,10.72382;alt=16994249;t=-0.187

See any problems?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »

It's just another projection of a globe, so what's the point?  What do you meant by "buy it"?  You mean will it fool anyone?

The shapes of the continents are completely wrong, which isn't surprising.  Also, according to that map if I sail due north from the UK I'll hit the edge of the world after a few hundred kilometres.  Pro-tip: this doesn't happen.

If you want a map of the world with no distortion and correct distances, use this one:

See any problems?
You got my point exactly.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »
I saw map with Antarctica as a continent not as a ice wall. My question now is what's beyond that and why nobody found it?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
I saw map with Antarctica as a continent not as a ice wall. My question now is what's beyond that and why nobody found it?
The Antarctica "wall" and conspiracy must be maintained so the map with the N.Pole in the middle can be used. If there is no "wall" or conspiracy, the map with the S.Pole can be used/just as valid. So the "wall" and conspiracy must be demonstrated/proved.

Notice how quickly people in the northern hemisphere will jump all over the S.UN map. We all "know" it is wrong. We should all be jumping all over the N.UN map similarly. It is just that there aren't as many internet users south of the equator as north (and it is mostly oceans - the fish don't care). Also, people in the southern hemisphere "expect" to get screwed - map-wise - as usual. There have been people in the southern hemisphere that proposed inverted maps (up=good, down=bad) but to no avail:

Same as normal map, but somehow, northern people don't want to be on the bottom... hmm...

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
What evidence is there that a FE map has the centre at the north pole and not the south pole?

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
What evidence is there that a FE map has the centre at the north pole and not the south pole?

1000000x this ^. They ask for evidence for a globe but then accept that the North Pole is the center and not the south?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 03:38:32 AM »

See any problems?

I'm not sure what that is?  That the world is a round, and only a globe can show an non-distorted map of the world?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »

See any problems?
I'm not sure what that is?  That the world is a round, and only a globe can show an non-distorted map of the world?
My point is that in the FE model, there are 2 equally valid maps. If the S.UN map was used, most people being north of the equator, would strongly disagree that the S.UN map is valid as the inaccurate distances and the distortions would be plainly evident (your UK to the edge of the world example). Since LOTS of people/airplanes travel the northern route daily, this is relatively easy to verify - not so much in the southern hemisphere using the N.UN map.

The N.UN map gets a slide because (1) most people in the northern hemisphere don't care and (2) since most of the southern hemisphere is either water or people who probably don't have the internet, their voices are not heard (my NZ air traffic controller link) and (3) probably for decades, when southern people were trying to invert the world map, although the results are the same, northern people have a stigma that north=up=good, south=down=bad, and do not want to invert it (if the magnetic north and south switch, I wonder if they will invert the map/globe then).

This leads to the conclusion that BOTH UN maps (azimuthal projection in general) are wrong. The true shape/map of the Earth should therefore be something else. Although I did not explicitly state it, the spherical Earth map (globe) seems "right" to everyone in both hemispheres based on distances and the lack of distortions. The only question with the globe is whether the N.Pole should be on top or bottom of the globe.

So your comments demonstrate exactly what my point is/was.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:16:19 AM by Jadyyn »

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 10:03:23 AM »
My point is that in the FE model, there are 2 equally valid maps.
Actually, there is probably an infinite number of maps that don't work...but I get your point.

So your comments demonstrate exactly what my point is/was.
Ooops, I see now.  Thought you were a flattie for a moment, so you can see my confusion.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
The South-Pole centric map is promising, in a way. The fact most of it's water means you can happily shrink it, and so shrink the outer part of the disc, which might help answer some flight time difficulties.
The problem is there are plenty of flights over the North Pole, and fewer over the southern. That makes it more convenient to have the North be at the centre, to explain how the flights exist. The few flights over the South pole just go ignored.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »
There is another 2 huge problems using a S.UN map:

1) Map correction. To make S.America and Australia look "correct", the N.UN map must be "fixed" by adding 1000's of miles of water to the oceans (the fish don't care about FE maps):

Before:

After:

But what to do with this - the same distortion exists:

Before:

No amount of "fixing" will make N.America, Europe and Asia look right. Hence, FEers can't use the S.UN map. The FE Society just wants to deceive everyone using the N.UN map ("fixed"). Very few people (e.g. people in yacht races) will actually sail the 50,000+ miles around Antarctica to verify it. Probably no flights. Although, a NZ air traffic controller has verified distances but was ignored (see http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.0).

2) A flight from Europe to Alaska is much shorter via Antarctica. Why do they go anywhere near the N.Pole?

Edit: The after picture no longer showed link. Replaced with a different link (same concept)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 03:34:15 AM by Jadyyn »

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 07:36:52 AM »
A flight from Europe to Alaska is much shorter via Antarctica. Why do they go anywhere near the N.Pole?
Are you sure? If so, I'm curious to know why.

Edit: Never mind, I just realized you were talking about the path on a southern azimuthal projection lol.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:38:35 AM by NewtSmooth »
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Uninvited Guest

• A clone cloned by a smartphone
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

See any problems?

What's that big circle in the middle of antarctica?
The science in her trance will make the sign of cross
And we will light bonfires to appreciate the electric bulb.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 01:07:01 AM »

Most FEs live in the northern hemisphere, which means it's easier for them to deny evidence and make up theories about the southern hemisphere.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 06:12:09 AM »
Other than the Antarctica conspiracy theory, why does the FE Society use the traditional UN type map with the N.Pole in the middle?

The south celestial pole (center of southern star trails) would be correct, but unfortunately, the north celestial pole would not be viewed by anyone above the disk. Polaris would go around a 50,000+ mi circle.

Travel distances in the southern hemisphere would be better, but I doubt anyone in the northern hemisphere would be pleased with the 50,000+ mi distance at Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia.

Since the FE Society really doesn't care what people in the southern hemisphere think (I doubt there are many people from S. America, southern Africa, Antarctica, Pacifica or toward Australia/New Zealand on this website) and it is mostly oceans, that isn't much of a problem, is it? One air traffic controller from New Zealand, just got blown off (see http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.0)

You ask "Would anyone north of the equator buy it?" Who cares? Not I! I live in the Southern Hemisphere, so I KNOW that the North Polar Equidistant Azimuthal Map is a ridiculous as a Flat Earth map.
As a projection of the globe the Equidistant Azimuthal Map has definite uses!

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
Yes... The N.UN map favors the northern hemisphere. The S.UN map favors the southern. The distortions along the edge are IDENTICAL and quite severe. No one in those hemispheres likes the distortions. The other hemisphere doesn't care much.

Hence, both are "wrong" as THE FE map, unless they are for some special use. Azimuthal projections have their uses (like for the flag of the UN for one  ;D).

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
No, wait. I like this S. AZ. map. Look how big the US is!! This map explains why Europe/NA/Asia have all the resources and economic power,  and all those "cradle of life" center of the earth third world countries have, well... what we let them have. And it makes getting to the edge of the dome and proofing FE once and for all a rather attainable task. The very idea that the UN would deceive FE'ers into believing we had to cross an entire globe to reach what was actually at our doorstep boils my blood.  >:( You may just be onto something. The N.Azi map is a Nazi/Un deception disguising the truth of the South pole centric FE, perhaps. Layers of deception...