Poll

Please answer honestly. I don't know who puts what vote.

I believe in a flat Earth and I passed High school
4 (14.8%)
I believe in a flat Earth and I did not pass/go to high school
1 (3.7%)
I believe in a round earth and I passed High school
22 (81.5%)
I believe in a round earth and I did not pass high school
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

For an idea of whom I'm arguing with.

• 35 Replies
For an idea of whom I'm arguing with.
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
And if you want: Yes or no, did you pass high school physics. And if you answer, what is your stance on the shape of the earth?

Re: For an idea of whom I'm arguing with.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:30:16 PM »
I passed high school in Australia, did classes in astrophysics though an accelerated learning program, went to college and have travelled the world examining the earth and sky from as many standpoints as possible.

The Earth is a sphere.
Only the ignorant choose to ignore opposing views.
Fight for your belief, don't run away.
It's the only way anyone can take you seriously.

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
I kinda lied with this poll... I'm still IN high school but I do have plans to pass it as I am getting Bs and As right now. I'm a rounder, by the way and I have an interest in Astronomy and Physics.
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:46:00 AM »
See, I know that there has to be some flat earthers on this site.. I think.
So the fact that none of them voted either says they don't want us to know if the passed high school or not, or they did not see the poll.
Flat earthers, I know your there, cast a vote and see what the results are. It may show even to you, what kind of people are defending this claim.

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 01:58:02 AM »
So the fact that none of them voted either says they don't want us to know if the passed high school or not, or they did not see the poll.
Flat earthers, I know your there, cast a vote and see what the results are. It may show even to you, what kind of people are defending this claim.
Lol look at that ONE flat earther who took the poll and didn't go to high school! :D
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:59:22 AM »
Lol look at that ONE flat earther who took the poll and didn't go to high school! :D
At least someone here has some courage.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »

Because the thread is a useless waste of time, as it does not prove anything about earth. I passed HS in the top 2% of the USA, and I have owned all of you with the physics of water, got you to agree space is not a vacuum. Even shot down the Foucault Pendulum. That's what happens when you deal with people smarter than you.

This is all you have, an attempt to insult FE-ers. What a sorry waste of time!

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 03:28:26 AM »
Slight Correction P.E.

You have misrepresented the truth in a vain attempt to make facts fit with your preconceptions
to your own satisfaction.

You have not shown anything true to reality in your misapplication of physics.
You have presented various straw-man hypotheses.
You have ignored or dismissed any contradictory evidence.
You have total confirmation bias, anything that agrees with you is true, no matter what its source or if it has been debunked.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 03:33:49 AM »
added.

Who agreed that space is not a vacuum?

It is a perhaps a point of semantics,

EG, the beer glass contained one molecule of beer, so it was not empty....

If Something is 99.999% devoid of matter, and there is no atmospheric pressure, it's a vacuum to me.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 03:34:17 AM »
Slight Correction P.E.

You have misrepresented the truth in a vain attempt to make facts fit with your preconceptions
to your own satisfaction.

You have not shown anything true to reality in your misapplication of physics.
You have presented various straw-man hypotheses.
You have ignored or dismissed any contradictory evidence.
You have total confirmation bias, anything that agrees with you is true, no matter what its source or if it has been debunked.

If you're talking to me, it's PO, not P.E. Bucky, I never saw you in my threads debating my evidence with me. I see why, you can't even get my initials correct!

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 03:38:10 AM »
Typo.
With apologies P.O.

Not been here that long. And many others were doing the criticism before i got here.
But lets start a new thread.
And move to there.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 04:03:58 AM »

Because the thread is a useless waste of time, as it does not prove anything about earth. I passed HS in the top 2% of the USA, and I have owned all of you with the physics of water, got you to agree space is not a vacuum. Even shot down the Foucault Pendulum. That's what happens when you deal with people smarter than you.

There are laws that govern how the universe, and the matter within it work. These include Newton's laws, the speed of light etc.
If you have taken high school physics, you would understand that these laws do not allow the existence of a flat Earth. Saying that these laws are not real or are made up, would be extremely ignorant, as you observe them everyday.
Thank you for contributing to the poll, oh wait.

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:24:15 AM »
I passed high school in Australia, did classes in astrophysics though an accelerated learning program, went to college and have travelled the world examining the earth and sky from as many standpoints as possible.

The Earth is a sphere.

And do we live on the sphere or in it?
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 04:37:18 AM »

For the past few months, I've read many theories and saw many videos on the net that support the Flat Earth, but to be honest, none of them would stand a chance of being a fact unless scientifically proven or observed from outer space - and both are off-limits from the public!

I proposed a trip/ expedition around Antarctica - if we make it around, then I think the issue and the debate is settled!
But if we sail/ fly besides an endless ice wall for thousands of miles, then Fers win!

And of course, if the military don't shoot us down or drown us!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »

It was probably a round earther thinking he was being hilarious.

Also, you should have some patience. You can't expect the FEers to be online at all times, especially the middle of the night on a Saturday.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
Also, you should have some patience. You can't expect the FEers to be online at all times, especially the middle of the night on a Saturday.
I thought that they came out at night? Or is that when they hide from harmful lunar rays?
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 09:03:09 AM »
Its still the middle of the day in the afternoon for me. So I'm pretty sure they can expect at least someone on the site to be here. Just not everyone has time to deal with trolls.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
It is clear that there is  diversion is in the poll.

I kinda lied with this poll... I'm still IN high school but I do have plans to pass it as I am getting Bs and As right now. I'm a rounder, by the way and I have an interest in Astronomy and Physics.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »

This is actually a very astute observation of something crucial - the flat earth theorists are usually all asleep at the same time. This implies that they live in similar timezones - as has been observed before, the Flat Earth theory seems to be both a northern hemisphere thing as well as a north American thing.

As an addendum, has anyone every met/seen/heard of a Flat Earth theorist from the southern latitudes? One one that has been to them?

Mikey T.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »

No you did not.
Yes I am calling your statement a lie, again.
Also No you have never owned anyone on this forum, you HAVE made an absolute fool of your chosen persona.  No you have never shot down anything, you ignore anything that counters your argument.
When did anyone claim that space was a perfect vacuum?  No you have never gotten anyone to claim it was filled with air as you like to suggest.  Your persona has a lack of comprehension, debating skills, and critical thinking skills.  Your claims are laughable at best, you are the joke of this forum right now.

?

frenat

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »

Because the thread is a useless waste of time, as it does not prove anything about earth. I passed HS in the top 2% of the USA,
Gee, I've never seen ANY high school in the USA that ranks its graduates across the nation.  And I doubt you've yet made it to high school let alone passed it.

and I have owned all of you with the physics of water,
ignoring rebuttals and resorting to logical fallacies is not owning.

got you to agree space is not a vacuum.
translation: Proved I don't know what a vacuum is or what I'm talking about.

Even shot down the Foucault Pendulum.
flat out lie.  Back to ignoring posts and proving you don't know what you're talking about.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:08:35 PM by frenat »

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »

This is actually a very astute observation of something crucial - the flat earth theorists are usually all asleep at the same time. This implies that they live in similar timezones - as has been observed before, the Flat Earth theory seems to be both a northern hemisphere thing as well as a north American thing.

As an addendum, has anyone every met/seen/heard of a Flat Earth theorist from the southern latitudes? One one that has been to them?

Except for the fact that I'm in a radically different time zone which is 6-8 hours behind most of the people on this site.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

Except for the fact that I'm in a radically different time zone which is 6-8 hours behind most of the people on this site.

That makes one - please tell us about your observations when the sun rises in your part of the world and it's overhead here.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
I observe that the sun rises and sets in the same manner every day like always. Pictures or time lapsed video don't really offer up any proof of anything different.

JackBlack

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »
You might want to look up what those words mean.
You got your ass handed to you repeatedly.
You are yet to own anyone or shoot down anything.

The physics of water still support Earth being a spinning globe, space is still a vacuum and Foucault's pendulum still shows Earth is a spinning globe.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

We used to have some FEers from the mythical land of Australia, but i think they were all kidnapped by penguins.  Also, we definitely have some FEers from the UK.

Most forums are a bit dead on the weekends. I was just trying to tell the dingdong who posted the poll to chill out. People, no matter where they are on the plane, tend to post from work.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
Physical, can you stop calling your fairy tale theories evidence, because that is akin to in court using a child's crayon drawing of a murder scene as evidence from a CCTV camera
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 11:53:58 PM »
I observe that the sun rises and sets in the same manner every day like always. Pictures or time lapsed video don't really offer up any proof of anything different.

Right. Now, the fact that it can rise and set in the manner it always does (which, I'm assuming is how it does for the rest of the world - maintaining constant-ish size for the whole day, sinking to the horizon then disappearing from bottom to top) is fundamentally incompatible with the Flat Earth model: it's not circling overhead then vanishing into the distance, staying at the same altitude and shrinking away to nothing.
No amount of perspective abuse or manipulation of linear geometry can produce an effect like this.
Pure and simple, it doesn't work. It can't. At all. Ever.

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 11:56:47 PM »

top 2%? IMPOSSIBLE.

You don't even understand that two forces can act simultaneously on an object. How did you pass?

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 12:00:43 AM »

For the past few months, I've read many theories and saw many videos on the net that support the Flat Earth, but to be honest, none of them would stand a chance of being a fact unless scientifically proven or observed from outer space - and both are off-limits from the public!

I proposed a trip/ expedition around Antarctica - if we make it around, then I think the issue and the debate is settled!
But if we sail/ fly besides an endless ice wall for thousands of miles, then Fers win!

And of course, if the military don't shoot us down or drown us!

We have gone around the earth several times in a plane. The problem is FEers accuse any evidence against FE as a hoax and take all bullshit for FE as the truth.

Military is not going to shoot you down because it is illegal. According to the Antartic trety, military presence in Antartica is banned. Every person on earth owns it! Anybody can go there without a passport.