Do Nuclear Bombs Exist?

• 1472 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Exist?
« Reply #630 on: May 13, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
so we ignore all your silly claims.

Your post count is at odds with this statement

Maybe the guy with Dunning-Kruger Syndrome is you?

Just a thought ;)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #631 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:17 PM »
None of them can explain how to start 'explosive fission'.
Big joke!
You mean that you can't "explain how to start 'explosive fission'."
And since you think that you're the smartest person :o in the world none of the top nuclear physicists "can explain how to start 'explosive fission' either."

But we know that you're nothing more a conspiritard suffering from terminal Dunning-Kruger Syndrome so we ignore all your silly claims.

Go and learn about the polonium 210 and beryllium nuclear fission initiator but don't try it at home >:D!
I recently asked 30 nuclear scientists (students, PhDs, professors) at the Upsala University to explain 'explosive fission' and 'how to start' it and ... nobody could. The professor got upset and his assistant failed.
So if I have 0.001 gram of Uranium 235 in a laboratory and activate a Polonium Beryllium neutron nuclear fission activator nearby, the 0.001 gram will FLASH and become energy? Will there be a mushroom cloud?
What about all the critical and non-critical masses of Uranium metal that explode when compressed to double density?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:39:22 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2020, 11:58:24 PM »
so we ignore all your silly claims.

Your post count is at odds with this statement

Let me just reword that a little "so we just refute and ridicule all your silly claims. "
Just a thought ;)

But Heiwa's so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole that even AE911 Truth threw him out!
Quote from: tfk, Illuminator
International Skeptics Forum » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?

Wow, how bad do you have to go from "Petitioner of the Month" to "hit the road, Jack" by AE911t?

It appears that Anders has been shown the door at Gage's group.

Disclosure: I say "appears" because I have no idea where or when this happened. 

However I see no reason to believe that this was initiated by Bjorkman. I suspect that Anders own nonsense at his Tripod site (i.e., all photos & videos showing planes impacting towers are fake, a-bombs don't work & shuttle flights, Mars landers & Apollo missions are all NASA hoaxes) was too much even for Gage.

Heiwa

« Reply #633 on: May 14, 2020, 12:25:42 AM »

But Heiwa's so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole that even AE911 Truth threw him out!
International Skeptics Forum » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?

Wow, how bad do you have to go from "Petitioner of the Month" to "hit the road, Jack" by AE911t?

However I see no reason to believe that this was initiated by Bjorkman. I suspect that Anders own nonsense at his Tripod site (i.e., all photos & videos showing planes impacting towers are fake, a-bombs don't work & shuttle flights, Mars landers & Apollo missions are all NASA hoaxes) was a too much even for Gage.
My friend Gage didn't like when I concluded no planes were involved at all at 911. All buildings were destroyed by controlled demolition. The live show on TV with planes was just pre-recorded CGI.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #634 on: May 14, 2020, 12:30:07 AM »
My friend Gage didn't like when I concluded no planes were involved at all at 911. All buildings were destroyed by controlled demolition. The live show on TV with planes was just pre-recorded CGI.
In other words you are too far down the conspiracy rabbit hole for even AE911 Truth.

« Reply #635 on: May 14, 2020, 12:30:18 AM »
What about the thousands of eyewitnesses that were in New York City that day? Were they all part of the conspiracy?  ???
“Once, every village had an idiot. It took the internet to bring them all together.”

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2020, 12:39:40 AM »
Thank you you guys for opening my eyes to the very real possibility that nuclear bomb s do not exist.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #637 on: May 14, 2020, 12:59:45 AM »

International Skeptics Forum » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?

However I see no reason to believe that this was initiated by Bjorkman. I suspect that Anders own nonsense at his Tripod site (i.e., all photos & videos showing planes impacting towers are fake, a-bombs don't work & shuttle flights, Mars landers & Apollo missions are all NASA hoaxes) was a too much even for Gage.

Where are the people from the planes?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #638 on: May 14, 2020, 01:04:01 AM »
What about the thousands of eyewitnesses that were in New York City that day? Were they all part of the conspiracy?  ???

That really is the question. I had a friend and her husband who lived in Chelsea and watched the 2nd plane hit from their living room window. I suppose they and the 1000's of others who witnessed it are paid actors or something.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #639 on: May 14, 2020, 01:18:49 AM »
So if I have 0.001 gram of Uranium 235 in a laboratory and activate a Polonium Beryllium neutron nuclear fission activator nearby, the 0.001 gram will FLASH and become energy? Will there be a mushroom cloud?
Of course not :o! And how do you plan on activating the Polonium Beryllium initiator?

Quote from: Heiwa
What about all the critical and non-critical masses of Uranium metal that explode when compressed to double density?
Who knows? Ask a nuclear physicist.
The earliest uranium weapons did not compress the uranium significantly.
Little Boy had about 64 kilograms of 95% enriched 235U. The critical mass of a bare sphere of 235U is about 47 kg.

The  "Trinity" test explosion was of an implosion-design 239Pu device as was Fat Man, the Nagasaki bomb.
The critical mass of a spherical uncompressed is about 11 kg but the Trinity Gadget and Fat Man only had 6.4 kg of 239Pu.

Traces of 240Pu in the 239Pu lead to premature fission and a "fizzer" so far less than critical mass was used but was compressed very rapidly to about twice the density.

« Reply #640 on: May 14, 2020, 01:31:51 AM »
The core of a star is cold compared to what they have said a nuclear explosion is capable of doing which is hundreds of millions of degrees. That is more than enough to cause a cascade reaction in igniting the atmosphere. This concern was the reason the Manhatten project was dumped.
<snip>
First, could you define a "cascade reaction" as it applies here and just what it the minimum temperature over what minimum volume of the the atmosphere would you need to start such a reaction.  And, of course, citation please.

Second, you say "the Manhatten project was dumped"...citation please.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

Heiwa

« Reply #641 on: May 14, 2020, 02:50:46 AM »
Of course not :o! And how do you plan on activating the Polonium Beryllium initiator?

Who knows? Ask a nuclear physicist.
The earliest uranium weapons did not compress the uranium significantly.
Little Boy had about 64 kilograms of 95% enriched 235U. The critical mass of a bare sphere of 235U is about 47 kg.

The  "Trinity" test explosion was of an implosion-design 239Pu device as was Fat Man, the Nagasaki bomb.
The critical mass of a spherical uncompressed is about 11 kg but the Trinity Gadget and Fat Man only had 6.4 kg of 239Pu.

Traces of 240Pu in the 239Pu lead to premature fission and a "fizzer" so far less than critical mass was used but was compressed very rapidly to about twice the density.
Yes I have heard it before. It was Fake News even then. Critical mass compressed to twice the density. ROTFL

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #642 on: May 14, 2020, 03:37:21 AM »
Yes I have heard it before. It was Fake News even then
Where is your proof that it was fake news?
Just because your tiny brain can't understand it doesn't mean a thingl

Critical mass compressed to twice the density.
Nobody said "Critical mass compressed to twice the density". You might understand better if you learned to read.

Heiwa

« Reply #643 on: May 14, 2020, 04:52:53 AM »
http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #644 on: May 14, 2020, 05:10:33 AM »
http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm
There are no proofs in there - just the demented ramblings of a sick old conspiritard.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2020, 06:37:19 AM »
To start - plutonium doesn't exist. It was a clever US invention, top military secret from around 1940. National security, you know.
Actually, plutonium is a byproduct of Uranium powered reactors and is used as fuel in some peaceful nuclear power plants.
Of course. But it doesn't exist in nature.
Actually, it does but only in trace amounts in Uranium ore deposits. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2020, 06:45:09 AM »
He’s already had all these comments about plutonium explained to him multiple times.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2020, 06:53:58 AM »
So if I have 0.001 gram of Uranium 235 in a laboratory and activate a Polonium Beryllium neutron nuclear fission activator nearby, the 0.001 gram will FLASH and become energy?
No.

Will there be a mushroom cloud?
No.

Maybe this will help (but I doubt it):
https://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Library/Implsion.html

Heiwa

« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2020, 07:01:07 AM »
So if I have 0.001 gram of Uranium 235 in a laboratory and activate a Polonium Beryllium neutron nuclear fission activator nearby, the 0.001 gram will FLASH and become energy?
No.

No.

Why not?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #649 on: May 14, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
No.

No.

Why not?
Because 0.001 gram of U235 is not enough mass to go supercritcal and explode.  You would need several kilograms for a proper explosion.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #650 on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
I recently asked 30 nuclear scientists (students, PhDs, professors) at the Upsala University to explain 'explosive fission' and 'how to start' it and ... nobody could. The professor got upset and his assistant failed.

If this is an example of the question you asked, no wonder they didn't answer you.  Who would waste their time with someone who clearly had no idea how what they were talking about. 

I am not at all surprised nobody would waste their time answering questions on how to detonate a 0.001 gram nuclear bomb.  ::)

If I asked 100 nuclear scientists to explain how Dilithium Crystals are used in the warp drive on Star Trek, they would all laugh at me and walk away too.

Your lack of understanding basic nuclear physics doesn't mean nukes are fake news.

Heiwa

« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »
No.

No.

Why not?
Because 0.001 gram of U235 is not enough mass to go supercritcal and explode.  You would need several kilograms for a proper explosion.
Hm, 0.001 gram of U235 is about 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms - quite a lot -  each of which can be split/fission to produce energy under moderated conditions.
Question is how 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms shall do it at the same time = mushroom cloud.
Aha - the total mass must be super-critical and consist of   4x1028 of U235 atoms. It sounds pseudo-scientific.
Question remains - why is a mass of 4x1028 of U235 atoms super-critical when a mass of 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms is not?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:41:16 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #652 on: May 14, 2020, 08:18:38 PM »
Hm, 0.001 gram of U235 is about 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms - quite a lot -  each of which can be split/fission to produce energy under moderated conditions.
So?

Question is how 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms shall do it at the same time = mushroom cloud.
That is precisely the problem!
235U has a half life of about 700 million years so very few atom's would naturally fission in the 1 μs of fission time of a typical weapon.
Unless my sums are wrong (quite possible) only 1 atom in 1.53 x 1022 on average would undergo spontaneous fission in that 1 μs. So your 6.65x1020 235U ain't goin' to do squat!

Aha - the total mass must be super-critical and consist of   4x1028 of U235 atoms. It sounds pseudo-scientific.
Question remains - why is a mass of 4x1028 of U235 atoms super-critical when a mass of 6.65x1020 of U235 atoms is not?
Maybe what I wrote above might be a clue?

Go and learn some elementary nuclear physics!
Try ;D Simple calculation of the critical mass for highly enriched uranium and plutonium-239 by Christopher F. Chybaa and Caroline R. Milne

Heiwa

« Reply #653 on: May 14, 2020, 11:17:14 PM »
The correct calculation of and values for the critical (sic) mass of uranium or plutonium necessary for an explosive nuclear fission reaction have long been understood and publicly available, we are told, even if all is top secret for national security reasons and has never been peer reviewed. The calculation simply requires solving the radial component in spherical coordinates of a diffusion equation with a source term. It is basic pseudo-science. How to start en explosive nuclear fission reaction is still top secret.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #654 on: May 15, 2020, 12:25:55 AM »
The correct calculation of and values for the critical (sic) mass of uranium or plutonium necessary for an explosive nuclear fission reaction have long been understood and publicly available, we are told, even if all is top secret for national security reasons and has never been peer reviewed. The calculation simply requires solving the radial component in spherical coordinates of a diffusion equation with a source term.
So did you expect nuclear physics to be something that any Tom, Dick and Anders can do on the back of an envelope?

What amazes me is not that you can't understand it but that you think that do understand it enough to pretend to debunk it on your fake website.

It is basic pseudo-science. How to start en explosive nuclear fission reaction is still top secret.
Except that you've been told the basics of it numerous times but still can't grasp it.

If you want to read about what happens when foolish people try to "tickle the dragon's tail" read about the the "Demon core >:D" in here:
Demon core

A re-creation of the experiment involved in the 1945 incident.
The sphere of plutonium is surrounded by neutron-reflecting tungsten carbide blocks.

The demon core was a spherical 6.2-kilogram (14 lb) subcritical mass of plutonium 89 millimetres (3.5 in) in diameter, manufactured during World War 2 by the US nuclear weapon development effort, the Manhattan Project, as a fissile core for an early atomic bomb, that was involved in two criticality accidents, on August 21, 1945 and May 21, 1946.

The core was intended for use in a possible third nuclear weapon to be dropped on Japan, but after Japan's surrender made this unnecessary it was used for testing. It was designed with a small safety margin to ensure a successful explosion of the bomb.

The device briefly went supercritical when it was accidentally placed in supercritical configurations during two separate experiments intended to guarantee the core was indeed close to the critical point. The incidents happened at the Los Alamos Laboratory in 1945 and 1946, both resulting in the acute radiation poisoning and subsequent deaths of scientists: Harry Daghlian and Louis Slotin. After these incidents the spherical plutonium core was referred to as the "demon core".

<< Read the details in the linked site. >>
That plutonium sphere is identical to the ones used in the "Gadget" of the Trinity test and "Fat Man" dropped on Nagasaki.

More detail in The Chilling Story of The 'Demon Core' And The Scientists Who Became Its Victims

I guess it only killed two foolish physicists and not 100,000 Japanese.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #655 on: May 15, 2020, 06:14:34 AM »
The correct calculation of and values for the critical (sic) mass of uranium or plutonium necessary for an explosive nuclear fission reaction have long been understood and publicly available, we are told, even if all is top secret for national security reasons and has never been peer reviewed.
The calculations necessary for explosive nuclear fission are very similar to the calculations necessary for peaceful nuclear fission in power plants.  I don't see why that should be so hard for you to understand.

The calculation simply requires solving the radial component in spherical coordinates of a diffusion equation with a source term. It is basic pseudo-science.
sure, when you try to explain it like that.  But if you actually knew what you were talking about, then it would make a lot more sense.

How to start en explosive nuclear fission reaction is still top secret.
Yes, and for a very good reason.

Heiwa

« Reply #656 on: May 15, 2020, 06:53:35 AM »
The correct calculation of and values for the critical (sic) mass of uranium or plutonium necessary for an explosive nuclear fission reaction have long been understood and publicly available, we are told, even if all is top secret for national security reasons and has never been peer reviewed.
The calculations necessary for explosive nuclear fission are very similar to the calculations necessary for peaceful nuclear fission in power plants.  I don't see why that should be so hard for you to understand.

The calculation simply requires solving the radial component in spherical coordinates of a diffusion equation with a source term. It is basic pseudo-science.
sure, when you try to explain it like that.  But if you actually knew what you were talking about, then it would make a lot more sense.

How to start en explosive nuclear fission reaction is still top secret.
Yes, and for a very good reason.

Moderated fission used in nuclear power plants to provide electricity 24/24 has nothing to to with military, explosive fission to kill 100 000 civilians in a micro-second! The first can be demonstrated in any laboratory since 1938. The second is pure pseudo-science created 1945 to scare people.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #657 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »
Moderated fission used in nuclear power plants to provide electricity 24/24 has nothing to to with military, explosive fission to kill 100 000 civilians in a micro-second!
Actually, it does.  The main difference between a peaceful nuclear power plant and an atomic bomb is how many atomic nuclei you can split within that microsecond.

The first can be demonstrated in any laboratory since 1938. The second is pure pseudo-science created 1945 to scare people.
The second has also been demonstrated hundreds of times in a laboratory.  Why can't the middle of a desert be a laboratory?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #658 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:41 AM »

No, it sounds like you are just calling it "pseudo-scientific" because you don't understand the math.

Do you understand what super critical means?

First lets get some basic facts straight.

Which is the bigger number?

A. 4x1028

B. 6.65x1020

Please answer this so I can try and understand where you are getting confused, thanks.

Heiwa

« Reply #659 on: May 15, 2020, 06:09:46 PM »

Do you understand what super critical means?

Please answer this so I can try and understand where you are getting confused, thanks.

Do you mean a super critical mass? It is one in which, once fission has started, it will proceed at an increasing rate. The material may settle into equilibrium (i.e. become critical again) at an elevated temperature/power level or destroy itself. It cannot explode.