Werewolf -- Crestwood

• 791 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: Werewolf -- Crestwood
« Reply #630 on: May 23, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »
It probably is one of the quieter people. There are too many experience players here, which is why it's so hard to spot the wolves.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #631 on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »
Ok so a bunch of posts were deleted. One was one I wrote saying I retracted my vote to lynch Wilmore. He said clearly if Supertails wasn't a wolf we should lynch him and I am certain of Wilmore's wolfiness now. The fact Wilmore isn't putting his own hand up now for the chopping block is more evidence. I am sure most people knew Supertails wasn't a wolf and it would make sense for a wolf to try pick up an easy village kill but redirecting the lynch.The way Wilmore has been playing strongly suggests his wolfiness. I have read through the pages to see how, when, where and who he has voted for, and without explaining it all, I am certain of this. We must lynch him to win this game.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #632 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »
Wilmore and Irush are wolves. Prove me wrong.
I'll prove this if everyone get can on board the Wilmore lynch bandwagon.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #633 on: May 23, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
I think Wilmore said he was a wolf in one of the deleted posts.

Lorddave

« Reply #634 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Hmmm... Mr. Pseudonym is acting suspicious to me...

I peg you as a wolf.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #635 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
Marcus is a good choice as well. I was surprised that he actually complained about how the Psychic is allowed to tell his dead allies what his guesses are, when this has always been a tradition here and never been a problem before. If he's truly a Villager, why, then, did he complain about a strategy that could lead him to victory without actually breaking the game? If he's a Wolf, it's obviously because it just killed one of his brethren.

Sigh, I think the whole idea of the psychic telling the dead who their guesses are is kind of cheap, and not in the spirit of the game.

He went quiet after Saddam accused him of being a Wolf in response to the above. Now, he accuses Saddam of being a Wolf for some reason. If Marcus does turn out to be a Wolf, then chances are Saddam is not. We have can lynch two more people before we lose, and we really should use them to kill Sean and Marcus.

I do think it's cheap, and I don't apologize.  I brought it up because to this day I am probably the most successful psychic at FES.  I had 4 guesses and got them all right, not only that, I never messaged a dead person, I used influence in the game itself to get those wolves lynched.  If thinking that's cheap makes me a wolf, then lynch me.

Ask Chris, he ran that game if I remember correctly, it was the abduction one.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #636 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
Hmmm... Mr. Pseudonym is acting suspicious to me...

I peg you as a wolf.
lol, if you think so. I retracted my vote once we had more than enough to secure a lynch so that matters not. I realised Supertails wasn't a wolf, which is now proven, and all I did was try to stop that lynch, knowing at the last minute it would be futile. Simply put, numbers are against the villagers now and we need to be fairly sure with lynchings. Yes I was quick to change to Supertails, but I also quickly realised the mistake I made. The fact posts went missing didn't help at all. If I was a wolf, and I posted such stuff, why would I come back and explain what I did when it has since been deleted, perhaps without anyone really knowing what I went and tried to do?

Now, if I am wrong on Wilmore I will do the honorable thing which he has clearly forgotten or neglected to do; put my own hand up first for my own lynching.

rooster

« Reply #637 on: May 23, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
Marcus is a good choice as well. I was surprised that he actually complained about how the Psychic is allowed to tell his dead allies what his guesses are, when this has always been a tradition here and never been a problem before. If he's truly a Villager, why, then, did he complain about a strategy that could lead him to victory without actually breaking the game? If he's a Wolf, it's obviously because it just killed one of his brethren.

Sigh, I think the whole idea of the psychic telling the dead who their guesses are is kind of cheap, and not in the spirit of the game.

He went quiet after Saddam accused him of being a Wolf in response to the above. Now, he accuses Saddam of being a Wolf for some reason. If Marcus does turn out to be a Wolf, then chances are Saddam is not. We have can lynch two more people before we lose, and we really should use them to kill Sean and Marcus.

I do think it's cheap, and I don't apologize.  I brought it up because to this day I am probably the most successful psychic at FES.  I had 4 guesses and got them all right, not only that, I never messaged a dead person, I used influence in the game itself to get those wolves lynched.  If thinking that's cheap makes me a wolf, then lynch me.

Ask Chris, he ran that game if I remember correctly, it was the abduction one.
But the psychic died so he can't talk in game...

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #638 on: May 23, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »
True, but my original comment was before the psychic died.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #639 on: May 23, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »

Are you suggesting that Wilmore sabotaged the cite in a dastardly ploy to circumvent the "no edit" rule? Genius.

« Reply #640 on: May 23, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »

Are you suggesting that Wilmore sabotaged the cite in a dastardly ploy to circumvent the "no edit" rule? Genius.

Yes. he probably never even cites his sources, the bastard.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #641 on: May 23, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
Now, if I am wrong on Wilmore I will do the honorable thing which he has clearly forgotten or neglected to do; put my own hand up first for my own lynching.

You're right. Lynch Mr Pseudonym!

Seriously though, I thought we only had two lynches left when we were going for Supertails. If we still have two lynches left now (as Jack seems to think), then you guys can lynch me and still have another go.

However, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. There are currently 15 players left, three of which are wolves. By tomorrow, there'll probably be just 14 players left, assuming tonight's wolf kills. Then we lynch me, and as I'm not a wolf, we'll have thirteen players and three wolves. The wolves will then kill, and then there will be 12 players, 3 of which are wolves and 9 of which are villagers - a ratio of 1:3. At that point the victory conditions for the wolves have been met, and we have lost the game.

So our next lynch (even if we don't lynch anyone tomorrow and hold off until the next day) has to be a wolf, or the game is in the wolves' hands. As I know I am not a wolf, I obviously cannot say you should lynch me. I won't be shocked if you do, and it's my own fault for getting Supertails so wrong, but the fact is if you lynch me, we will almost certainly lose the game.

I think Sean is as good a choice as any, because I really do think at least 2 of the remaining 3 wolves are probably among the lurkers. But I have no idea which of them is more likely to be a wolf.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
I am so confused.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #643 on: May 23, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
Someone check the numbers in case I am being a derp, but I'm pretty sure our next lynch has to count.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #644 on: May 23, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
I thought there are currently 14 players remaining.

For the Wolves, the aim is to kill enough of the Villagers so that 1 in every 5 players is a Wolf- for example, if all three Wolves are to stay alive and win, they have to kill until there are only 12 Villagers left (i.e. 15 players overrall). For two Wolves to win, there must only be 8 Villagers left (i.e. 10 players overall).

Since the ratio is now 1:3 and there are 3 Wolves remaining, the Wolves win if there are 9 players (including the Wolves) remaining. Since 5 more players have to be killed in order for the Wolves to win, the Wolves have 3 more rounds to go, while we only have 2. Here's my illustration:

1. Tausami ---- Wolf kill (tonight)
2. Saddam Hussein ---- Lynch (next day)
3. General Disarray ---- Wolf kill
4. Irushwithscvs ---- Lynch
5. Particle Person ---- Wolf kill
6. Lord Wilmore
7. Colonel Gaydafi
8. DDDDAts all folks
9. Sean
10. Sillyrob
11. Marcus Aurelius
12. Verrine
13. Ichimaru Gin :]
14. Mr Pseudonym

Or maybe I'm missing some here..

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #645 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »
1. My player numbers were wrong -  I was counting Supertails because he's still on the original list. I wasn't really looking because I assumed it was up to date.

2. The 1:3 ratio means 1 wolf to every 3 villagers (or, 1 in every 4 players is a wolf). So with three wolves left, once we're down to 12 players, there will be one wolf to every 3 villagers.

So in summary, that means that if the wolves kill tonight, we'll be down to 13 players. Our lynch will make it 12, so it has to be a wolf, or we lose.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #646 on: May 23, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
The rule clearly says it's 1 wolf to every 3 players, not Villagers.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #647 on: May 23, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »

The ratio doesn't make sense if it means 1 wolf to every 3 players, because wolves are players. The crossed out rules refer to 1 in every 5 players being a wolf, not 1 wolf to every 5 players. Look at the passage you quoted. There are wolves and villagers, but all of them are players.

The 1:3 ratio means 1 wolf to every 3 villagers.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #648 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »
It's 1:2, wolves to villagers.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #649 on: May 23, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
It's 1:2, wolves to villagers.

Not according to the rules:

1:3 Ratio.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Pongo, could you settle this?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

The ratio doesn't make sense if it means 1 wolf to every 3 players, because wolves are players. The crossed out rules refer to 1 in every 5 players being a wolf, not 1 wolf to every 5 players. Look at the passage you quoted. There are wolves and villagers, but all of them are players.

The 1:3 ratio means 1 wolf to every 3 villagers.
Look,

for example, if all three Wolves are to stay alive and win, they have to kill until there are only 12 Villagers left (i.e. 15 players overrall). For two Wolves to win, there must only be 8 Villagers left (i.e. 10 players overall).

The above refers to the previous 1:5 ratio. It says that the game is over if there are 15 players remaining (3x5=15), which include the 3 Wolves. This means it's 12 Villagers and 3 Wolves. Now, since the ratio is changed to 1:3, the game will be over if there are 9 players remaining (3x3=9), which, again, include the 3 Wolves. This means it's 6 Villagers and 3 Wolves. Simply put, it's 1 Wolf : 3 players, not 1 Wolf : 3 Villagers.

I got the wording wrong in my previous post, as I simply copied what you just said. I meant 1 Wolf in every 3 players.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #651 on: May 23, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »
The above refers to the previous 1:5 ratio. It says that the game is over if there are 15 players remaining, which include the 3 Wolves. This means it's 12 Villagers and 3 Wolves. Now, since the ratio is changed to 1:3, the game will be over if there are 9 players remaining (again, including the Wolves). This means it's 6 Villagers and 3 Wolves. Simply put, it's 1 Wolf : 3 players, not 1 Wolf : 3 Villagers.

I got the wording wrong in my previous post, as I simply copied what you just said. I meant 1 Wolf in every 3 players.

Jack, I wrote those rules. 1 in 5 is not a ratio. If you express the victory conditions "1 in every 5 players is a wolf" as a ratio, it's "1 wolf to every 4 villagers", or 1:4. Similarly, if the victory conditions are that 1 in every 4 players is a wolf, then that equates to a ratio of 1 wolf to every 3 villagers, or 1:3.

The passage you quoted clearly distinguishes between players, villagers and wolves. However, the ratio was simply different for that game. In that game, victory conditions for the wolves were that 1 in every 5 players be a wolf, or in other words that there was 1 wolf to every 4 villagers (1:4).

The victory ratio changes from game to game, because sometimes the number of players means that you cannot simply increase/lower the number of wolves to balance the game. Adding or subtracting a wolf makes a huge difference, whereas increasing or lowering the victory ratio can make less of a difference, and allow for a more balanced game. It just depends on the numbers.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #652 on: May 23, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
Kill Gayer

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #653 on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
P.S. Hence my post earlier:

I think the proportions may have been taken from the old set of rules, because they imply that there are just three wolves, when there are actually four. My guess is that section has yet to be updated.

Anyway, with 26 players and 4 wolves, I think the ratio should 1:3, in other words one in every four players is a wolf. That way about 10 villagers have to die for them to win.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #654 on: May 23, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #656 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »
Honestly, it's quite simple. In the old game, there were only 3 wolves, so the ratio of the victory conditions was higher - 1:4, or 1 in every 5 players is a wolf. This time, Pongo put 4 wolves into a game with a similar number of players, so the ratio was increased to 1:3, or 1 in every 4 players is a wolf, because we rightly moaned that otherwise it would be too easy for the wolves.

There are currently 14 players, and tonight's kill will make it 13. Our lynch will make it 12, so unless we lynch a wolf, there will be 3 wolves and 9 villagers. 1 in every 4 players will be a wolf (a ratio of 1 wolf to every 3 villagers, or 1:3), and we will lose.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #657 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
Wilmore does have it right.  Anytime we've played with a 1:2 ratio it's always meant 1 wolf for every 3 players left.  So yeah, you guys are pretty screwed.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #658 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
Jack, I wrote those rules. 1 in 5 is not a ratio. If you express the victory conditions "1 in every 5 players is a wolf" as a ratio, it's "1 wolf to every 4 villagers", or 1:4. Similarly, if the victory conditions are that 1 in every 4 players is a wolf, then that equates to a ratio of 1 wolf to every 3 villagers, or 1:3.

The passage you quoted clearly distinguishes between players, villagers and wolves. However, the ratio was simply different for that game. In that game, victory conditions for the wolves were that 1 in every 5 players be a wolf, or in other words that there was 1 wolf to every 4 villagers (1:4).

The victory ratio changes from game to game, because sometimes the number of players means that you cannot simply increase/lower the number of wolves to balance the game. Adding or subtracting a wolf makes a huge difference, whereas increasing or lowering the victory ratio can make less of a difference, and allow for a more balanced game. It just depends on the numbers.
Sorry, I'm being stupid here. You're right. It appears I mistakenly thought the original passage meant 1:5. This caused me to believe that Pongo meant 1 Wolf in every 3 players when he wrote 1:3.

Lorddave

« Reply #659 on: May 23, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
Or more simply:

1 Wolf can kill 3 villagers at once without dying.
When all the wolves can kill all the villagers without one of them dying, they win.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.