A serious question about water and balls

• 15 Replies

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
A serious question about water and balls
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:58:27 AM »
Let's assume for a moment, that the FE idea about water always being level is correct.

So let's assume that water on a sphere would not curve at all.

How would water then behave on a sphere the size of Earth? What would the water do? What would we observe?

I know you don't think the world is round. But describe to me please if you can, how water would behave on a large sphere according to your laws of physics.

Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

Re: A serious question about water and balls
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:44 AM »
Let's assume for a moment, that the FE idea about water always being level is correct.

Aside from a few nitpicking qualifications that idea, as it is written, is correct and is true for a flat Earth and a round earth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 05:40:10 AM »

How would water then behave on a sphere the size of Earth? What would the water do? What would we observe?

I know you don't think the world is round. But describe to me please if you can, how water would behave on a large sphere according to your laws of physics.
I won't attempt to answer that, except to say that if the earth is a Globe, which way would be "down" and why?

SpJunk

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:12:58 AM »
Water IS always level.
The point is, level is not flat surface.
It follows Earth's curvature.
Like 1.4 degrees of curvature along Suez canal.

Datum line for Suez canal was curved, following globe surface.

~~~~~

According to Flat model, large spheres don't exist.
Water would just fall off one.

~~~~~

"Down" is for everyone where "my down" is.
Their down doesn't count.
"Down is where you turn your legs to support your weight" is ridiculous.
I know where my legs are. On the ground.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
A rule to stop confusion should be: water seeks to have the least potential energy.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »

It would run off the sphere. Pure observation.

Omega

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »

Why? The atmosphere does not run off Jupiter?

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 04:08:20 PM »

Why? The atmosphere does not run off Jupiter?

What does atmosphere have to do with the question at hand? And you are going to tell everyone here that you personally know what is going on in regard to the surface of Jupiter? You probably forgot what you had for breakfast yesterday, yet you are going to tell us from your own personal observations what is going on with a luminary in the sky...utter bullshit.

?

zork

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:13:14 PM »
Where you can observe a sphere with mass and diameter like supposedly round earth has?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

SpJunk

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »
Jupiter's gravity field is strong enough to hold Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto
(and at least 63 more moons), but not strong enough to hold its atmosphere?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »
Where you can observe a sphere with mass and diameter like supposedly round earth has?

Aside from the clear case of dyslexic typing you demonstrate, you are catching on.

You can't and no one has, and no one will.

Pure conjecture.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
how about the moon? It's a sphere, anybody with a telescope can prove it's a sphere.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »

Simple question. What would make it run off a sphere?

You claim it's "Pure observation", but have you ever actually seen water run off a sphere 12,700 km in diameter?
Please demonstrate that in your garage.
And this is most definitely a case where "size matters"!

Omega

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 01:30:01 AM »
We can see that the atmosphere of Jupiter is not solid. We can see that with our own eyes. Whatever it is made of, it is not dripping off the planet. So that is one observation that counters your idea that the water would drip off.

But most importantly, why would water drip off a sphere the size of the earth? In what direction would it drip? What would be 'down' and why?

?

zork

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 03:12:13 AM »

Aside from the clear case of dyslexic typing you demonstrate, you are catching on.

You can't and no one has, and no one will.

Pure conjecture.
So, you don't have any observations about it but you come here and outrighly lie to our faces that its pure observation. In short, you don't have absolutely any evidence that water would fall off from this very big sphere only some disillusions that you conjured up in you mind.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Omega

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 12:20:59 PM »
Again: why would gas cling to Jupiter but water would drip off a planet the size of the Earth?