• 158 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Firearm rights
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »
Have a great day, pussy.

Please don't do this shit in this serious thread.  We are trying to have a discussion.

Where the comment should have been.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
Let us look at this issue anecdotally.
Oh yes let’s

I live in a place where people carry firearms to Walmart, and many other stores.  We don't have store shootings here.

I live in a place where nobody carries a firearm into any store and the police don’t have weapons either, everybody is just great and we (the whole country) hasn’t had a mass shooting since 2010.

Other places do not allow people to carry firearms and they get mass shootings.

In the US, which has 31% of the worlds mass shootings from 5% of its population.

I know that correlation does not equal causation, but at the least you can admit that more shootings are conducted at places where other people do not have firearms, right?
No, except in America which is a shooting black spot, because of its retarded addiction to guns.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
Do you have gangsters crossing your borders?  Oh, wait, that sounds like a racist joke about how they can't swim. 

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make, but you seem to be clutching at straws.

How about you go back through my posts and actually try and address some of the points I've made, that you have missed, I will highlight them for you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2019, 08:59:08 AM »

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make, but you seem to be clutching at straws.

How about you go back through my posts and actually try and address some of the points I've made, that you have missed, I will highlight them for you.

How many knife assaults did your country have last year?  Isn't it illegal to walk around with a knife? 

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2019, 09:06:35 AM »

This was about firearms, do you want to change that as you are losing?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »

No your country does not allow you to carry any weapons, and if you use a weapon to defend yourself, whether it is justified or not, you go to jail. 

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2019, 09:23:50 AM »

No your country does not allow you to carry any weapons, and if you use a weapon to defend yourself, whether it is justified or not, you go to jail.

No, you are now just spouting bullshit again, we have every right to defend ourselves, and if I was to stab, or incapacitate an intruder using an improvised weapon  or my ninja skills as long as I didn't go batshit, that is fine, we just don't encourage it or plan for it, as we don't have to. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:25:50 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2019, 09:27:27 AM »

In your shit hole country, a farmer who has a shotgun to protect his flock but uses it against some hoodlums that are breaking into his home will serve decades in prison.  Please, explain how that is right? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
They can't even trust you to carry a knife.  How do your peoples even cut rope? 

?

MS

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:56 AM »
It isn't right but the fact that he was deemed to have used undue force and killed the 'hoodlum' makes it murder. You'll find that most Brits would support his actions though.
Not much need to go around cutting rope in 21st Century Britain either.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »
It isn't right but the fact that he was deemed to have used undue force and killed the 'hoodlum' makes it murder. You'll find that most Brits would support his actions though.
Not much need to go around cutting rope in 21st Century Britain either.

You don't use rope in Briton?  Maybe that is because you are not trusted to have a knife. 

Here in the US, in most places, if you kill someone who is not legally allowed to be in your house, you are justified. 

?

MS

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2019, 09:39:12 AM »
Good ol' US of A.
Seems there is a lot of justification for killing people there.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
Are you, or are you not allowed to be trusted with a knife.  I have heard that you are not, unless you are in the kitchen.  Please clear this up for me. 

?

MS

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
Of course we are trusted with knives, just not allowed to carry them around for no apparent reason. Many people carry knives here, for their work.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
Well if you are talking about Tony  Martin, there are a few circumstances that were not normal, he had an illegal pump action shotgun he said he found (?), the defence that he had been robbed 10 times was  most likely fabricated and the robber that died was shot in the back trying to get away, I know that probably doesn’t mean anything to you hard-asses but we frown at shooting people in the back.

You can carry knives with a four inch blade, or if your job (rope cutter?) needs one, otherwise why would you?

EDIT
His license for a gun had been revoked for shooting up a guys car who had took apples from a tree on his land, and UK sheep do not need defending we have hunted all their predators to extinction.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:51:35 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2019, 09:47:43 AM »
Of course we are trusted with knives, just not allowed to carry them around for no apparent reason. Many people carry knives here, for their work.

So, your government will not even trust you to carry a knife, yet you somehow have the ability to lecture me about carrying a firearm? 

?

MS

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »
Eh?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »

Well if you are talking about Tony  Martin, there are a few circumstances that were not normal, he had an illegal pump action shotgun he said he found (?), the defence that he had been robbed 10 times was  most likely fabricated and the robber that died was shot in the back trying to get away, I know that probably doesn’t mean anything to you hard-asses but we frown at shooting people in the back.

You can carry knives with a four inch blade, or if your job (rope cutter?) needs one, otherwise why would you?

I have carried the same knife for something like 14 years now.  I use it almost daily.  It is my pry-bar, screwdriver, scraper, and rope cutter.  And, as a last ditch resort, it could be a weapon as well.  I am just mistified why your government makes you justify why you want to have a knife before you are allowed to carry one. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2019, 09:53:39 AM »
Eh?

I am sorry.  If you would like for me to restate it in Spanish or French, I would be happy to do so. 

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2019, 09:56:29 AM »

You started a shit thread where you could spout your right wing badly researched reactionary crap, I called you out, you lost, forgot the original premise and now say I shouldn’t be here.

Remember, whether or not you wear the tag, you will always be my bitch.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »

I have carried the same knife for something like 14 years now.  I use it almost daily.  It is my pry-bar, screwdriver, scraper, and rope cutter.  And, as a last ditch resort, it could be a weapon as well.  I am just mistified why your government makes you justify why you want to have a knife before you are allowed to carry one.

The big difference is we don't think about weapons much, I do have one in my rucksack that I cycle every day with, it's a leatherman multi-tool one, really sharp but I carry it for the pliers, and that is fine.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2019, 10:02:42 AM »
So, would you agree that "guns" or other weapons are justified under some circumstances? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »

The big difference is we don't think about weapons much, I do have one in my rucksack that I cycle every day with, it's a leatherman multi-tool one, really sharp but I carry it for the pliers, and that is fine.

Mine is a Leatherman Wave.  I have been thinking about trading it out, but the damn thing is still sharp and looks like it could have come off the shelf after 14 years. 

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »
What part of "the right of the people" is up for interpretation?  It is a right.
Yes, the right to a well-regulated militia. You have this in the form of your state's National Guard. Your rights, per the second amendment, are not currently being restricted and still wouldn't even with much stricter gun control laws.

I would propose that every teacher in the US be trained with and issued a single stack .380 (9X17mm) at the least.  They should have some kind of background and mental check, and if they can't pass that, then they should not be teachers in the first place.  I would not want someone who is not capable of owning, handling, or carrying a firearm in charge of my kids.
With all due respect, come the fuck on. We have a problem getting enough decent teachers or enough decent police already, and you want to merge these two jobs? Unless you plan to offer six figures with public employee benefits, good luck filling these jobs. And if you can get politicians to triple teacher pay, please stop wasting your time on FES and start lobbying politicians. Our future generations need you.

Fuck, when I was in high school a local school's resource officer (Uniformed, trained policeman) had their gun taken away by students that were fucking around. If trained cops can't handle it, teachers sure as fuck can't.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »
What part of "the right of the people" is up for interpretation?  It is a right.
Yes, the right to a well-regulated militia. You have this in the form of your state's National Guard. Your rights, per the second amendment, are not currently being restricted and still wouldn't even with much stricter gun control laws.

I would propose that every teacher in the US be trained with and issued a single stack .380 (9X17mm) at the least.  They should have some kind of background and mental check, and if they can't pass that, then they should not be teachers in the first place.  I would not want someone who is not capable of owning, handling, or carrying a firearm in charge of my kids.
With all due respect, come the fuck on. We have a problem getting enough decent teachers or enough decent police already, and you want to merge these two jobs? Unless you plan to offer six figures with public employee benefits, good luck filling these jobs. And if you can get politicians to triple teacher pay, please stop wasting your time on FES and start lobbying politicians. Our future generations need you.

Fuck, when I was in high school a local school's resource officer (Uniformed, trained policeman) had their gun taken away by students that were fucking around. If trained cops can't handle it, teachers sure as fuck can't.

It is not a right of the militia, it is a right of the people.  I, for one, am part of the people.  Are you?

As far as teachers being armed, is your only defense against it is that we have some kink of lack of workers? 

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »
It is not a right of the militia, it is a right of the people.  I, for one, am part of the people.  Are you?
The right of the people to a militia. Which you and I both have, in our state's respective National Guards. Really the biggest threat to this right is the federal government using National Guard for foreign operations, as has frequently happened in the war in the Middle East over the last 15 years.

As far as teachers being armed, is your only defense against it is that we have some kink of lack of workers? 
I'll parse out the flaws a bit more. Ignoring the fact it would increase gun violence, which I'm sure you'll dispute, we'll just focus on the pure policy flaws with it.

It will massively increase the cost of teachers. Like, to a factor of three or four times their current cost, at a minimum. Almost no current teacher would be qualified for this, and I can't imagine many would even pass the training to a satisfactory level. We are currently under-funding education. You're massively increasing the cost of education, which isn't politically possible.

To be flippant, we won't even give teacher's enough pencils and notebooks, and you think we can add the cost of weapons, additional insurance, training, and the massive pay increase to every teacher?

There's also no precedent of this working. Our closest case-study I can find would be the massive increase in school resource officers (Armed, trained police) in schools post-columbine. I can't find an instance of a school shooting stopped by these officers. I can literally tell you more times that a school resource officer has lost their gun than stopped a shooter.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »
The right of the people to a militia. Which you and I both have, in our state's respective National Guards. Really the biggest threat to this right is the federal government using National Guard for foreign operations, as has frequently happened in the war in the Middle East over the last 15 years.

I'll parse out the flaws a bit more. Ignoring the fact it would increase gun violence, which I'm sure you'll dispute, we'll just focus on the pure policy flaws with it.

It will massively increase the cost of teachers. Like, to a factor of three or four times their current cost, at a minimum. Almost no current teacher would be qualified for this, and I can't imagine many would even pass the training to a satisfactory level. We are currently under-funding education. You're massively increasing the cost of education, which isn't politically possible.

To be flippant, we won't even give teacher's enough pencils and notebooks, and you think we can add the cost of weapons, additional insurance, training, and the massive pay increase to every teacher?

There's also no precedent of this working. Our closest case-study I can find would be the massive increase in school resource officers (Armed, trained police) in schools post-columbine. I can't find an instance of a school shooting stopped by these officers. I can literally tell you more times that a school resource officer has lost their gun than stopped a shooter.

I carry a pistol every day.  The least of which is a .380.  People around me are not shot up, and, I don't seem to be a threat to my granddaughters.  Most of the time, I carry a 9mm (9X19) and I have yet to shoot up a school, and never will.  The teachers are adults, who supposedly have some kind of degree.  Why should they not be allowed to carry a small little .380? 

Junker

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »
The teachers are adults, who supposedly have some kind of degree.  Why should they not be allowed to carry a small little .380?

Holy non-sequitur Batman...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2019, 11:12:21 AM »
The teachers are adults, who supposedly have some kind of degree.  Why should they not be allowed to carry a small little .380?

Holy non-sequitur Batman...

Which part is the non-sequitur?  The part about teachers having some kind of degree, or the part that they are smart enough to own and handle a firearm?