Continents moving away from each other?

• 32 Replies
Continents moving away from each other?
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
They still exist in Truth right? It doesn't matter if the Earth is round  ::) or flat, right?

I'm new to this sort of thing, but it seems quite obvious to me that you guys are right. My parents are strong believers of this too, I can't believe so many people buy into the "fact" that the Earth is round. Hahaha.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
Re: Continents moving away from each other?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
Australia and New Zealand are actually getting closer to one another.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »
They still exist in Truth right? It doesn't matter if the Earth is round  ::) or flat, right?

I'm new to this sort of thing, but it seems quite obvious to me that you guys are right. My parents are strong believers of this too, I can't believe so many people buy into the "fact" that the Earth is round. Hahaha.
IF ALL THE CONTINENTS MOVE AWAY FROM EACH OTHER, ALL THE OCEANS WOULD GET BIGGER AND WATER LEVELS WOULD FALL, THE ENTIRE EARTH WOULD GET BIGGER, AND EVENTUALLY THE WORLD WOULD GROW HOLES.

Stop being a knob. The continents are moving, but not all getting further apart.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »
I meant moving, not necessarily getting further apart.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »
I meant moving, not necessarily getting further apart.
Say what you mean then.

So how does tectonic movement work on a flat earth?

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
The Earth can't get holes in it. What are you saying, lol.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »
The Earth can't get holes in it. What are you saying, lol.
Oh god, keep up. If the continents were ALL getting further away, holes would appear. Where else would the new material come from? Are there infinite resources under the earth? No.

So anyway, how does tectonic movement work on a flat earth?

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
I just asked if they do or not, not how.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »
The continents do not substantially change their positions. They grow and shrink depending on sea-levels, but they do not sail across the ocean floor as has been fancied by the acolytes of globularism.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
The continents do not substantially change their positions. They grow and shrink depending on sea-levels, but they do not sail across the ocean floor as has been fancied by the acolytes of globularism.

Do you believe in plate tectonics?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

No.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »
So like species of flora and fauna magically traversed the oceans to be found on coastlines such as Africa and South America whereas in RET, they would have been connected?

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »

No.

What causes earthquakes? Giant turtles under the earth letting it rip?

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »

No.

What causes earthquakes? Giant turtles under the earth letting it rip?

And volcanoes.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 12:10:06 AM »
Or the fact Australia and New Zealand are getting closer together.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »
Or the fact Australia and New Zealand are getting closer together.
Diplomacy.

*zing*

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:55 AM »

Nobody ever said the continents "sailed" along the ocean floor.

Away back to your sailing dinosaur thread, fool.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous.

They grow and shrink? Explain the matching coastlines of many places on the earth.

Explain gondwanaland!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 03:56:07 AM »
So like species of flora and fauna magically traversed the oceans to be found on coastlines such as Africa and South America whereas in RET, they would have been connected?

There is nothing magical about building a boat or a raft to cross an ocean. How do you think humans came to populate the Earth?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »

They grow and shrink? Explain the matching coastlines of many places on the earth.

Explain gondwanaland!

In what sense are the coastlines of Earth "matching" except by the grossest wishful thinking? Gondwanaland and Pangea are science-fiction, just like space travel.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 04:06:57 AM »
Congratulations for providing a web link which makes the same unfounded assertion as your last post. How does it support your case exactly?

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
Congratulations for providing a web link which makes the same unfounded assertion as your last post. How does it support your case exactly?
Copy paste time. Here's why plate tectonics exists and why you are a fool for thinking otherwise:

Magnetic systems...How do you propose the rocks became magnetic if they did not originate from the mantle? And according to what you said, the rocks should have one constant magnetic pattern, not different ones showing the reversal of the poles. Plus when dated, the rocks the same distance either side of the trench have the same magnetic readings and age? Surely not just a coincidence.
You didn't answer the question. How come destructive boundaries have the constant pattern of deep and powerful earth quakes, whereas conservative boundaries always have shallow and weaker earth quakes?
Plus evidence for the network system. Just because you claim it doesn't make it so.
Pure science fantasy? Then explain the rock formations in Africa and South America. The bedrock is a perfect match - not similar. As in it's like a jigsaw. The continents look like they could fit and the geology suggests that they once did fit, unless it's pure coincidence that they just seem to have joining bands of rock if they were put together.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 04:53:31 AM »

Good for you for not reading the site! If you actually clicked on the link you'd see it provided a whole heap of info about matching plants and stuff from Northern Africa and South America.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 06:18:20 AM »

Good for you for not reading the site! If you actually clicked on the link you'd see it provided a whole heap of info about matching plants and stuff from Northern Africa and South America.

We've covered plants, the conjectural notion that they migrated across land bridges presupposes the continental drift theory. It is far more likely that they were transported as crops by sentient animals, or carried across the oceans as matted clumps of detrius (these two modes of transmission occur regularly in the present day).

Other than that, just suggesting that because certain coastlines have some sort of rough resemblance they used to be joined is very fallacious. If I found a concavity in a tree trunk which it happened I could fit my face into, would it be reasonable to suspect that I was born out of a tree? The answer is no.

Copy paste time. Here's why plate tectonics exists and why you are a fool for thinking otherwise:

Magnetic systems...How do you propose the rocks became magnetic if they did not originate from the mantle? And according to what you said, the rocks should have one constant magnetic pattern, not different ones showing the reversal of the poles. Plus when dated, the rocks the same distance either side of the trench have the same magnetic readings and age? Surely not just a coincidence.
You didn't answer the question. How come destructive boundaries have the constant pattern of deep and powerful earth quakes, whereas conservative boundaries always have shallow and weaker earth quakes?
Plus evidence for the network system. Just because you claim it doesn't make it so.
Pure science fantasy? Then explain the rock formations in Africa and South America. The bedrock is a perfect match - not similar. As in it's like a jigsaw. The continents look like they could fit and the geology suggests that they once did fit, unless it's pure coincidence that they just seem to have joining bands of rock if they were put together.

They do originate from the mantle, and that is precisely how they become magnetic, I'm not sure how you've construed me as suggesting otherwise. What the rocks show is magnetic variation, the "reversal of the poles" (an absurd impossibility) is merely a false extrapolation from raw data. Nothing in what I have suggested indicates that rocks coming out of the ground should have the same magnetic patterns. Since the magnetic interactions of the Earth's iron core, the celestial bodies and the paleo-magnetic systems of Hell are variable, it's hardly surprising that magnetic patterns vary substantially over time.

Quote from: Milton, [i]Paradise Lost[/i], I.670-674
   There stood a hill not far whose grisly top
Belched fire and rolling smoke; the rest entire
Shone with a glossy scurf, undoubted sign
That in his womb was hid metallic ore,
The work of sulphur.

Hell is heavily laden with magnetic iron, and since the paleo-magnetic systems of Hell (Which partly contains the Earth's mantle) are constantly subject to change, so the rocks which come out of Hell during different periods of history have different properties.

Quote from: Milton, [i]Paradise Lost[/i], I.690-692
[...] Let none admire
That riches [i.e., precious metals] grow in hell; that soil may best
Deserve the precious bane.

The intensities of earthquakes are likewise determined by paleo-volcanic subterranean movements. Along certain veins of the Earth's surface, there is more volcanic activity because of rifts and instabilities in the surface. There is nothing remarkable about this fact, and certainly nothing to suggest that the continents are zipping around all over the ocean floor.

I'm not "just claiming" the network of magma chambers, vaults and tunnels which honeycombs underneath the surface of the Earth. This belief has been correctly held by more or less every scientifically-inclined civilization in human history, and is even held by modern globularists. I'm not sure why you would set yourself up against this widely believed claim when there is no reason to suspect otherwise.

As I think I've already made plain, arguments to the tune of "it's like a jigsaw!" are gravely misguided wishful thinking. Such fallacy-ridden inductions are doomed to fail under the harsh scrutiny of proper scientific enquiry. I can fit my leg inside the mouth of a crocodile, but I can also assure you that my leg and the mouth are entirely dissimilar in origin and in essence.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »

We've covered plants, the conjectural notion that they migrated across land bridges presupposes the continental drift theory. It is far more likely that they were transported as crops by sentient animals, or carried across the oceans as matted clumps of detrius (these two modes of transmission occur regularly in the present day).

Other than that, just suggesting that because certain coastlines have some sort of rough resemblance they used to be joined is very fallacious. If I found a concavity in a tree trunk which it happened I could fit my face into, would it be reasonable to suspect that I was born out of a tree? The answer is no.

They do originate from the mantle, and that is precisely how they become magnetic, I'm not sure how you've construed me as suggesting otherwise. What the rocks show is magnetic variation, the "reversal of the poles" (an absurd impossibility) is merely a false extrapolation from raw data. Nothing in what I have suggested indicates that rocks coming out of the ground should have the same magnetic patterns. Since the magnetic interactions of the Earth's iron core, the celestial bodies and the paleo-magnetic systems of Hell are variable, it's hardly surprising that magnetic patterns vary substantially over time.

Quote from: Milton, [i]Paradise Lost[/i], I.670-674
   There stood a hill not far whose grisly top
Belched fire and rolling smoke; the rest entire
Shone with a glossy scurf, undoubted sign
That in his womb was hid metallic ore,
The work of sulphur.

Hell is heavily laden with magnetic iron, and since the paleo-magnetic systems of Hell (Which partly contains the Earth's mantle) are constantly subject to change, so the rocks which come out of Hell during different periods of history have different properties.

Quote from: Milton, [i]Paradise Lost[/i], I.690-692
[...] Let none admire
That riches [i.e., precious metals] grow in hell; that soil may best
Deserve the precious bane.

The intensities of earthquakes are likewise determined by paleo-volcanic subterranean movements. Along certain veins of the Earth's surface, there is more volcanic activity because of rifts and instabilities in the surface. There is nothing remarkable about this fact, and certainly nothing to suggest that the continents are zipping around all over the ocean floor.

I'm not "just claiming" the network of magma chambers, vaults and tunnels which honeycombs underneath the surface of the Earth. This belief has been correctly held by more or less every scientifically-inclined civilization in human history, and is even held by modern globularists. I'm not sure why you would set yourself up against this widely believed claim when there is no reason to suspect otherwise.

As I think I've already made plain, arguments to the tune of "it's like a jigsaw!" are gravely misguided wishful thinking. Such fallacy-ridden inductions are doomed to fail under the harsh scrutiny of proper scientific enquiry. I can fit my leg inside the mouth of a crocodile, but I can also assure you that my leg and the mouth are entirely dissimilar in origin and in essence.

1)Prove that the recovered data is incorrect. How can you also explaining the mirror imaging of the dates of the rocks as well as the magnetic signal?
Saying "it's wrong" doesn't make it so.
2)Paradise Lost is not scientific literature, therefore it has no place in a scientific debate as it is a work of fiction.
3)You still have yet to explain why conservative and destructive boundaries always have the same traits in both tectonic acitivity and features.
4)Explain mountains.
5)You have still yet to explain Africa and South America. Your example is absurd as a tree and your head are not of the same material. Both continents not only look the same and are separated by a divergent boundary, but also have the same formation and lines of bed rock if they are placed together, as well as matching fossils. This is not going to be just a coincidence.
6)Please explain geochronology and the shifting of land formations, such as rivers and mountains, laterally, resulting in clear lines in landscapes, such as visible  along the Anatolian fault line.
7)Why is the sea floor significantly younger than the land, whilst being younger near divergent boundaries and oldest next to convergent boundaries?

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »

There is nothing magical about building a boat or a raft to cross an ocean. How do you think humans came to populate the Earth?

A snake made some lady eat an apple and got her and her man kicked out of the apple orchard, so they had do go elsewhere they then multiplied??
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

Explain gondwanaland!

In what sense are the coastlines of Earth "matching" except by the grossest wishful thinking? Gondwanaland and Pangea are science-fiction, just like space travel.
haha, you're the knobiest FE'er I've come across so far. Your comments are full of denial and ignorance, rather than fact and evidence.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
They do originate from the mantle, and that is precisely how they become magnetic, I'm not sure how you've construed me as suggesting otherwise.

Doop doop

No.

So if rocks originate from the mantle, that would mean that they somehow get to the surface, at divergent boundaries - which is a part of plate tectonics.

Make up your mind.

You cannot keep adding material to a surface without removing it from somewhere else and keep the same size.

Eventually, the surface will move away from where new material is being added and get closer to where it is being removed.

?

Drdevice

• Deus of Machina
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »
Ha I've got it!

The mantle moves out onto the surface via volcanoes. The crust closest to the bottom of the earth because it is now being beaten by the forces of the universe that push the world forward turns into magma and the process continues. ::)