James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
Darwin provided lots of evidence that has been proven. Cold Fusion scientists were laughed at then, and are still laughed out now.

You have not provided any evidence only conjecture. Thus this is only conjecture and as it does not fit with the current theory, is only one of many feasible realities.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »
Darwin provided lots of evidence that has been proven. Cold Fusion scientists were laughed at then, and are still laughed out now.

You have not provided any evidence only conjecture. Thus this is only conjecture and as it does not fit with the current theory, is only one of many feasible realities.

You have provided no justification, only the repeated assertion that I am wrong. Your argument is on the same rational level as that of the dullest-minded creationist oaf. It amounts to nothing but the utterance of a mantra which lacks the most rudimentary understanding of the architecture of scientific enquiry.

Of course my argument does not fit with the current theory, that is a rather central point. "Fitting with the current theory" is not by any means a criterion by which to judge the correctness of a claim, else I would exclusively cite the Epic of Gilgamesh as the last word on every issue of human science and ethics. Your naivety is as astounding as it is appalling.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:38:59 PM by James »
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Coal IS dinosaurs.

No.  Coal is plants.
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal
Coal begins as layers of plant matter accumulate at the bottom of a body of water.

Obviously. A lot of coal are trees that formed before bacteria were able to metabolize its cell walls. At this time trees did not rot but merely sat on the bottom of the water.

« Reply #573 on: January 26, 2010, 04:27:22 AM »

You have provided no justification, only the repeated assertion that I am wrong. Your argument is on the same rational level as that of the dullest-minded creationist oaf. It amounts to nothing but the utterance of a mantra which lacks the most rudimentary understanding of the architecture of scientific enquiry.

Of course my argument does not fit with the current theory, that is a rather central point. "Fitting with the current theory" is not by any means a criterion by which to judge the correctness of a claim, else I would exclusively cite the Epic of Gilgamesh as the last word on every issue of human science and ethics. Your naivety is as astounding as it is appalling.

agreed......
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #574 on: January 26, 2010, 05:17:01 AM »
Socrates and Darwin were mocked for their theories too, but now who's laughing?

Both Socrates and Darwin are now dead. They no longer posses the audible expression of happiness.

Dinosaurs however are known to have possessed a range of emotions including laughter, sadness and something untranslatable expressing the surprise at the loss of a tail feather. They produced the worlds first three act plays, and theatre companies travelled the world on the huge merchant ships which journeyed the shipping canals, paying their way by rehearsing for their next production in front of the crew.

This photo shows "living archeologists" attempts to reproduce their thatrical efforts:

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #575 on: January 27, 2010, 05:49:44 AM »

Darwin wasn't mocked by anyone with any understanding of his theory, only by the thick plebs.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #576 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
That darn Roman underclass, laughing at people in the future.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #577 on: January 27, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »

Darwin wasn't mocked by anyone with any understanding of his theory, only by the thick plebs.

So he was just like me, then.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #578 on: January 27, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
Thats why they had such issues with the Goths.  If we can barely stand them now, in this day and age, consider them.

This theory is unduly mocked though.  C'est la vie.  I'm not a supporter of the theory, but its not that far fetched.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #579 on: January 27, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
Thats why they had such issues with the Goths.  If we can barely stand them now, in this day and age, consider them.

This theory is unduly mocked though.  C'est la vie.  I'm not a supporter of the theory, but its not that far fetched.

It's not how far fetched it is, it is entirely possible that a race of intelligent dinosaurs could accomplish a lot. It is the fact that no evidence points towards the existence of super intelligent dinosaurs. Their ability to use tools was not based on James finding evidence of tool use but simply by him claiming they did and showing they COULD. A theory being possible makes it no more correct than one that is impossible.

Other than this it is a rather interesting and plausible theory.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »

I'm sorry, Man Who Thinks The Moon Is A Flat Disc, but I think you'll find the highest minds of the modern age would be mocking you if you ever came under their scrutiny. Plus the Navy, who understand why they give sailors indoor berths. Oh yeah, botanists too. They'd mock you. Even the ones with doctorates. Manufacturers of thermal imaging equipment would be close behind. Then the palaeontologists, searching fruitlessly for your Boat O' Dinosaurs.
See James, your theory is actually very easy to understand. The problem it's it's a pile of garbage and demonstrably contradictory to observed evidence, which could not be said for Darwin's ideas.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #581 on: February 03, 2010, 07:22:09 PM »
I'm confused where the evidence is that dinosaurs where super-intelligent.
I thought it was generally accepted that many dinosaurs were very unintelligent and even the more intelligent dinosaurs still had relatively small brains.

« Reply #582 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »

No.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:09 PM »
Look - if dinosaurs didn't travel on flotation devices, and Pangaea never existed (proven on these forums) ... then how would dinosaurs have dispersed to all the "continents" ? I admit dinosaurs flying and or swimming are possibilities, but highly improbable. It would be much more energy efficient for a dinosaur to construct a raft, then hibernate while on the raft before arriving in a new land.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »
If the proof against pangea is "the earth is flat" it doesn't count.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2010, 03:13:56 AM »
Pangaea never existed (proven on these forums)

No, not proven. If you think the paltry ideas on this forum are enough to prove that Pangaea didn't exist, then you must certainly accept the link in my sig is enough to prove the earth is not flat. If you accept one but not the other, then you are displaying hypocrisy and bias.
In a nutshell Johannes, if you think Pangaea is disproven then you are admitting your belief in a round earth :P

« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2010, 07:23:49 AM »
Look - if dinosaurs didn't travel on flotation devices, and Pangaea never existed (proven on these forums) ... then how would dinosaurs have dispersed to all the "continents" ? I admit dinosaurs flying and or swimming are possibilities, but highly improbable. It would be much more energy efficient for a dinosaur to construct a raft, then hibernate while on the raft before arriving in a new land.
Just did a search, found no real prof against it. Link to some proof please?
Poor grammar is the internet equivalent of body odor.
My site.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #587 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »

I'm sorry, but when you set up an argument based on assumptions of others you are no better than any RE'er and certainly not following the zetetic method.

« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
The level for "proof" required here is pretty low.

It would be more accurate to say that there is a double standard required for "proof" here.  The standard of proof they accept for anything supporting FET is abysmally low, and the standard of proof they insist on for anything supporting RET is impossible to meet.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
We are not willing to make concessions for any particular theories here, our own scientific claims are afforded the same rigorous and thorough attention which we pay to the scientific claims of others.

?

trig

« Reply #590 on: February 13, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »
We are not willing to make concessions for any particular theories here, our own scientific claims are afforded the same rigorous and thorough attention which we pay to the scientific claims of others.
Are you including Tom Bishop in your wide ranging statement?

The truth is, there is no standard at all in these fora, so anyone who declares himself an FE'r can say pretty much anything and the other FE'rs will not even attempt to do a peer review.

In fact, there are also some "RE'rs" here that would not pass peer review in eighth grade.

There is one thing called the Scientific Method that is taught in Elementary school and that all of you Flat Earth "theorists" choose to ignore. The phrase "rigorous and thorough attention which we pay to scientific claims" assumes you are, at least, paying attention to the scientific method, and that means models, predictions, all those things you never do.

While real scientists have made predictions in the areas of Geology and Evolutionary Biology, among others, that have then been demonstrated to be sound and give Pangea credibility, you can, at most, play with lack of evidence and try to pass it as evidence of lack.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #591 on: February 13, 2010, 10:56:24 AM »

The truth is, there is no standard at all in these fora, so anyone who declares himself an FE'r can say pretty much anything and the other FE'rs will not even attempt to do a peer review.

The lack of standards probably derives from the overwhelming number of spherical fundamentalists on the website. I've noticed that the Round Earth apologists tend to compose their arguments more or less on-the-fly, cobbling together seemingly irrelevant data from the internet with their own wildly implausible assertions.

If you look carefully, the theories of Flat Earthers are usually very carefully researched over many years, drawing from a well-scrutinized corpus of source material, experimental data and stringent deduction.

There is one thing called the Scientific Method that is taught in Elementary school and that all of you Flat Earth "theorists" choose to ignore. The phrase "rigorous and thorough attention which we pay to scientific claims" assumes you are, at least, paying attention to the scientific method, and that means models, predictions, all those things you never do.

You should read Chapter I of Earth Not a Globe, entitled "Zetetic and Theoretic Defined and Compared", which sets out the sophisticated methodological basis for essentially all further Flat Earth science. The scientific method of the globularist is fraught with oversights and error, that of the zeteticist is epistemologically conservative and fundamentally empirical.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #592 on: February 13, 2010, 02:54:54 PM »

Damage caused by moonlight to living creatures - NOT tested by James, as is the zetetic way.
Damage caused to eyesight by staring at the moon - NOT tested by James, as is the zetetic way.
Boat o' Dinosaurs - no evidence found by James personally, as is the zetetic way.
Earth Not A Globe - second hand account written by someone before many modern scientific ideas were even discovered or conceptualised - accepted completely by James without testing the ideas within himself, as is the zetetic way.

« Reply #593 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »

Either you are trolling, or

What is more probable, continents expanding?
OR dinosaurs cutting down trees and making rafts, jumping onto the sea and travelling thousands of miles and landing on some other landmass?
1. What would they make the rafts with? Their teeth?
2. The raft was so~ well-built it didn't tip at all during the entire journey which would have taken months?
3. The sea stayed calm during the entire journey?
4. Dinosaurs adapting to a COMPLETELY different habitat instantly?
5. To overcome these odds, MILLIONS of dinosaurs would have had to build rafts. Yet, there are none. Explanation please?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
What is more probable, continents expanding?
OR dinosaurs cutting down trees and making rafts, jumping onto the sea and travelling thousands of miles and landing on some other landmass?

The second one.

Their teeth, forelimbs, tails, etc. One could argue that the average dinosaur was far better naturally equipped as a shipwright than the average human.

2. The raft was so~ well-built it didn't tip at all during the entire journey which would have taken months?
3. The sea stayed calm during the entire journey?
4. Dinosaurs adapting to a COMPLETELY different habitat instantly?
5. To overcome these odds, MILLIONS of dinosaurs would have had to build rafts. Yet, there are none. Explanation please?

Well all these coefficients of adversity are the same ones which have recently faced humanity, but that does not seem to have been much of an impediment to us colonising every landmass on Earth, except the Ice Wall.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #595 on: February 14, 2010, 06:22:40 AM »

Their teeth, forelimbs, tails, etc. One could argue that the average dinosaur was far better naturally equipped as a shipwright than the average human.

Personally, I think dinosaurs were far better equipped in terms of tool-making ability. Normally, one needs a tool to make a tool (e.g. sharp stone to make sharp stick), but dinosaurs were a step ahead in this sense.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:59:39 AM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

trig

« Reply #596 on: February 14, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

The lack of standards probably derives from the overwhelming number of spherical fundamentalists on the website. I've noticed that the Round Earth apologists tend to compose their arguments more or less on-the-fly, cobbling together seemingly irrelevant data from the internet with their own wildly implausible assertions.

If you look carefully, the theories of Flat Earthers are usually very carefully researched over many years, drawing from a well-scrutinized corpus of source material, experimental data and stringent deduction.

You should read Chapter I of Earth Not a Globe, entitled "Zetetic and Theoretic Defined and Compared", which sets out the sophisticated methodological basis for essentially all further Flat Earth science. The scientific method of the globularist is fraught with oversights and error, that of the zeteticist is epistemologically conservative and fundamentally empirical.
Did anyone else notice how James just forgot to talk about models and predictions?

All of a sudden, after talking about the rigorous scientific scrutiny of FE'rs, James jumped directly into Zeteticism. Maybe the rigorous scientific scrutiny is not scientific, after all, just Zetetic.

I do not mind if you talk whatever you like based on Zeteticism. Just don't talk about scientific rigour unless you are ready to show some models, predictions and experiments or observations that confirm your predictions.

And by the way, I would like to know which FE "theories" have been years in the making, waiting to be confirmed before being published. All I see is lots of "theories" that come out of someone's hat and are then discussed for years while the full development of the "theory" is promised and promised, and promised... and never gets done.

?

trig

« Reply #597 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »

Personally, I think dinosaurs were far better equipped in terms of tool-making ability. Normally, one needs a tool to make a tool (e.g. sharp stone to make sharp stick), buth dinosaurs were a step ahead in this sense.
And where did you get the idea that shipbuilding is either a one step or a two step process?

Shipbuilding includes a myriad steps, of which the following are just a few:
  • The creation of an agricultural or cattle-growing society that gives some of its members the spare time and resources to attempt large projects
  • The acquired know-how that comes from endless generations of progressively better tools used to make better tools and infrastructure
  • The language to transmit that knowhow
  • A damn good reason to believe there will be something at the other side of the ocean
  • Navigational know-how and tools
  • Knowledge about ocean currents
  • And so on, and so on...

Even assuming a dinosaur had teeth that could be used to make tools, that is a very small step in a very long ladder.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #598 on: February 14, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »

Damage caused by moonlight to living creatures - NOT tested by James, as is the zetetic way.
Damage caused to eyesight by staring at the moon - NOT tested by James, as is the zetetic way.
Boat o' Dinosaurs - no evidence found by James personally, as is the zetetic way.
Earth Not A Globe - second hand account written by someone before many modern scientific ideas were even discovered or conceptualised - accepted completely by James without testing the ideas within himself, as is the zetetic way.

ignoreignoreignore...

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »

Personally, I think dinosaurs were far better equipped in terms of tool-making ability. Normally, one needs a tool to make a tool (e.g. sharp stone to make sharp stick), buth dinosaurs were a step ahead in this sense.

Did they have the manual dexterity to use them with the same accuracy and acuteness as humans though? No.