James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
First of all, if you'd read this topic, you'd know the odds of finding any such boats are miniscule. Secondly, the fossil record supports our theory.

I'm sorry, but what in the fossil record suggests that any dinosaur had the intelligence and manual dexterity required to build seaworthy boats?  For all the "evidence" you've presented, you could just as easily say that aliens transported and raised the flora and fauna in question and the argument would be just as plausible.

Not true. Just for starters, there is no fossil record of alien life-forms on Earth.

That's because aliens would be smart enough not to get not to get fossilized.

So they were smart enough to get fossilized?  ???

« Reply #541 on: January 19, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »
That's it Tom, focus on the grammatical errors, that's the important thing here.

Willy, you've pointed out that the continents could fit together rather easily, therefore it is easy to understand how they could have all been connected once upon a time. Then go on to state that the whole theory is impossible? Whilst maintaining that Dino-yachts existed?

Get a grip, you're a walking contradiction, and it's not contributing to the discussion.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »

You cannot prove pangea theory by assuming it is correct in the first place. This is what is known as circular reasoning.

Well, we do have proof that pangea existed. The Wikipedia article references some scholarly essays and reports. Whereas the only proof supporting dino-in-a-boat theory is that dinosaurs exist on different continents.

Isn't this a little bit hypocritical?

It is a grotesque folly to equate "scholarly" and "true", which is what you have clearly done here. Every banal undergraduate dissertation ever is "scholarly".
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »

You cannot prove pangea theory by assuming it is correct in the first place. This is what is known as circular reasoning.

Well, we do have proof that pangea existed. The Wikipedia article references some scholarly essays and reports. Whereas the only proof supporting dino-in-a-boat theory is that dinosaurs exist on different continents.

It is a grotesque folly to equate "scholarly" and "true", which is what you have clearly done here. Every banal undergraduate dissertation ever is "scholarly".

Nit-picking over semantics has no place in this serious forum.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #544 on: January 19, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »

Yes, but "scholarly" implies a greater level of critical analysis (and therefore a higher likelihood of truth) than just claiming "it is because I say it is", does it not?
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #545 on: January 19, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

It's not 'nit-picking'. Canadark is treating 'scholarly' sources as if they have more merit than anything James has written. The point is, there is no greater standard than truth. Plenty of 'scholarly' research is totally incorrect, in any field.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #546 on: January 19, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »

It's not 'nit-picking'. Canadark is treating 'scholarly' sources as if they have more merit than anything James has written. The point is, there is no greater standard than truth. Plenty of 'scholarly' research is totally incorrect, in any field.

Canadark's use of the word "scholarly" clearly carries the intended meaning of being sources with extremely good credentials in the field of learning. Yeah, technically that might not be the exact correct usage of the word, but jumping on him for that IS nit-picking semantics.
I think in a debate where the only argument is "oh yes it is" versus "oh no it isn't" with equal weight to either side, it makes more logical sense to side with the debater with the most demonstrably correct past history, as the probability of them being correct is greater, even though they may be wrong sometimes. Since James is only a few millimetres away from the box marked Crazed Lunatic, it makes the chances of anything he writes having any merit whatsoever extremely slim. A man who makes the claim that the Moon through a telescope resembles a flat disc and not a spherical object with terrain features is not a reliable witness for anything at all.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #547 on: January 19, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »

As the Jedi master once said, truth is often a matter of your point of view.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »

I wasn't equating the two terms, although perhaps "evidence" would have been a better word than "proof". However, if I have two doctors who are trying to prescribe me two different forms of medication and one of the doctors has a medical degree, a medical license, and years of experience in the medical field and the other one bases his suggestion on assumptions about physical anatomy that have been rejected by modern medicine for the better part of the last millennium (as well as what he reads on really strange forums on the internet), I'm going to side with the first guy. There isn't a 50-50 chance that one is right and the other is wrong; I want the quack to take a hike.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:46:26 AM by Canadark »
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »

Wikipedia is not referencing bana undergraduate dissertations.

Nothing you have produced is "true" by any stretch of the imagination.

If it were it might have got some scholarly attention.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #550 on: January 23, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »
Hypothesis or theory,  it merits more than just compulsive skepticism disguised as clear-sightedness.  I support James and I think there are others, Ski for instance.

I do not personally subscribe to the sea-faring dinosaur theories, nor do I have a problem with plate tectonics. I do find James's hypothesis to be plausible, however, and worth some thought.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #551 on: January 24, 2010, 07:19:29 AM »
I really can't subscribe to a theory that requires boats to exist for millions of years. I own a boat and it doesn't look like it could last that long. Any explanation for this?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #552 on: January 24, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
I really can't subscribe to a theory that requires boats to exist for millions of years. I own a boat and it doesn't look like it could last that long. Any explanation for this?

Dinosaurs had hands that were adapted to barnacle scraping and brushing on tar. As shown in this image:

Fossil evidence proves that they adapted wings as primitive brushes and hardened claws to scrape barnacles. They also used their brushes to shave, because sea voyages would last a long time. You do not have a barnacle scraping tar brush hand. This proves conclusively that dinosaurs built boats.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #553 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »

Dinosaurs had hands that were adapted to barnacle scraping and brushing on tar. As shown in this image:

Fossil evidence proves that they adapted wings as primitive brushes and hardened claws to scrape barnacles. They also used their brushes to shave, because sea voyages would last a long time. You do not have a barnacle scraping tar brush hand. This proves conclusively that dinosaurs built boats.

Did you not read my post? I somehow doubt boats could exist for that long.

« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2010, 04:26:21 AM »

I believe he was using humor to show the fallacy of James' reasoning and how his arguments are clearly sad attempts to show that a physical trait of a dinosaur was used for a highly specialized purpose, while completely lacking evidence of such. 

Crustinator's only gaffe was his obvious lack of knowledge of dinosaurs discovery of fire, which they had observed in nature for millions of years.  As they had far longer to study and adapt with this tool it is only logical that they became master metal workers and that the increase in dino-piracy would have made a more likely dino-ship appear as below.

"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »

I believe he was using humor to show the fallacy of James' reasoning and how his arguments are clearly sad attempts to show that a physical trait of a dinosaur was used for a highly specialized purpose, while completely lacking evidence of such. 

Crustinator's only gaffe was his obvious lack of knowledge of dinosaurs discovery of fire, which they had observed in nature for millions of years.  As they had far longer to study and adapt with this tool it is only logical that they became master metal workers and that the increase in dino-piracy would have made a more likely dino-ship appear as below.

How could dinosaurs have studied fire? Fire last for a few hours at most, and that was, again, millions of years ago.

« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:58 AM »
How could dinosaurs have studied fire? Fire last for a few hours at most, and that was, again, millions of years ago.

In the exact same way that they built a series of ocean going vessels, created a mercantile community, became farmers and raised livestock.  (They didn't)

Though, I do think fire lasts more than a few hours.
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:05 AM »

In the exact same way that they built a series of ocean going vessels, created a mercantile community, became farmers and raised livestock.  (They didn't)

Though, I do think fire lasts more than a few hours.

Perhaps, but definitely not millions of years, the fuel requirements would be enormous and would require fossil fuels which dinosaurs did not have. Also their muscle structures were poorly suited for repeated quick back and forth movements needed to start fires.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Perhaps, but definitely not millions of years, the fuel requirements would be enormous and would require fossil fuels which dinosaurs did not have. Also their muscle structures were poorly suited for repeated quick back and forth movements needed to start fires.

Why does fire need to last millions of years? It is quite likely that the biggest dino-cities had watchpoints with torches that were never extinguished, these could be refueled as and when required. But even the best guesses say these would usually stay lit for 6 months, or a few years in the northern cities.

As Its a Sphere correctly points out Dinosaurs had mastered fire. They also had an abundant supply of trees and were naturally adept at using axes and the two man crosscut saw, as shown in this historical reconstruction of dinosaur techniques:

This is where we get the word "saw" from. It is a corruption of "'saur".

This proves beyond all doubt that dinosaurs were a sea faring mercantile race.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

Why does fire need to last millions of years? It is quite likely that the biggest dino-cities had watchpoints with torches that were never extinguished, these could be refueled as and when required. But even the best guesses say these would usually stay lit for 6 months, or a few years in the northern cities.

As Its a Sphere correctly points out Dinosaurs had mastered fire. They also had an abundant supply of trees and were naturally adept at using axes and the two man crosscut saw, as shown in this historical reconstruction of dinosaur techniques:

This is where we get the word "saw" from. It is a corruption of "'saur".

This proves beyond all doubt that dinosaurs were a sea faring mercantile race.

Fire can't last for millions of years. It would be incredibly old and would appear decayed.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:43 AM »
Fire can't last for millions of years. It would be incredibly old and would appear decayed.

Wrong old fire can appear just the same as new fire. Burn a lump of coal. It is millions of years old. This was a secret understood by the dinosaurs: evidence indicates their market values for old and new fire was exactly the same.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »

Wrong old fire can appear just the same as new fire. Burn a lump of coal. It is millions of years old. This was a secret understood by the dinosaurs: evidence indicates their market values for old and new fire was exactly the same.

Coal IS dinosaurs. The fire isn't millions of years old, the stored energy is. Also, how can we trust the dinosaurs to tell the truth about anything especially now that we know they are causing global warming with all of their carbon?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »
Coal IS dinosaurs. The fire isn't millions of years old, the stored energy is. Also, how can we trust the dinosaurs to tell the truth about anything especially now that we know they are causing global warming with all of their carbon?

The dinosaurs were a noble race with many great philosophers who aside from inventing concepts such as government and freedom also took time to develop an electric individual rapid short range transportation device which predates the Segway by several billions of years. If they were capable of these feats I see no reason why we should assume they would lie.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
I like this thread and the way its going now.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

The dinosaurs were a noble race with many great philosophers who aside from inventing concepts such as government and freedom also took time to develop an electric individual rapid short range transportation device which predates the Segway by several billions of years. If they were capable of these feats I see no reason why we should assume they would lie.

Well, the segway is a safe energy alternative to burning dead dinosaurs in your car, so I will concede your point. They do sound like a noble race.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2010, 11:20:38 AM »
Coal IS dinosaurs.

No.  Coal is plants.
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal
Coal begins as layers of plant matter accumulate at the bottom of a body of water.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
Coal IS dinosaurs.

No.  Coal is plants.
Coal begins as layers of plant matter accumulate at the bottom of a body of water.

And it can contain both plant and animal matter.
http://thecarbonmiracle.com/coal.html

Oooh!  A Google fight!

« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

Perhaps in the people-dinosaur-people-dinosaur-people cycle the coal that the dinousaurs burned was people.  It was known as soylent coal and was green in color as opposed to the black coal we burn.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »
Coal IS dinosaurs.

No.  Coal is plants.

And it can contain both plant and animal matter.
http://thecarbonmiracle.com/coal.html

Oooh!  A Google fight!

Sure, there can be animal matter in coal, but unless dinos were buried in mass graves, I don't think that very much of the coal is indeed made of animal materail.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
Socrates and Darwin were mocked for their theories too, but now who's laughing?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901