• 1811 Replies
?

Horatio

• Official Member
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #1500 on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
Would you prefer "Magnetosaurus"?
they say the empty can rattles the most
This is your last warning before we issue a ban;  stop with the contentless crap posts in the upper forums.  

There are many on this forum that wonder when that warning will be issued to James.

Do not make off-topic or low-content posts in the upper forums, or I will have no choice but to issue you with a ban.

It was not low-content or off-topic. It was a valid question related to your postings in this thread.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #1501 on: May 10, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
Would you prefer "Magnetosaurus"?
they say the empty can rattles the most
This is your last warning before we issue a ban;  stop with the contentless crap posts in the upper forums.  

There are many on this forum that wonder when that warning will be issued to James.

Do not make off-topic or low-content posts in the upper forums, or I will have no choice but to issue you with a ban.

It was not low-content or off-topic. It was a valid question related to your postings in this thread.
As you know, do not dispute moderationor post off topic within the thread; I wouldn't be surprised if James banned you for this.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1502 on: May 10, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »
I would welcome you to actually put gigantic holes in my theory.

Unfortunately, that can be rather difficult seeing as you haven't actually published your theory yet.  :-\
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1503 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:55 PM »
I bet there is empirical evidence that it exists though

?

Ali

« Reply #1504 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:06 AM »
ZOMGFFSWTF!!!111!! James is RIGHT:

I have observed it and experienced it twice, no less, so it's repeatable as well! By FE logic, that's empirical evidence right there!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #1505 on: May 11, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »

I have observed it and experienced it twice, no less, so it's repeatable as well! By FE logic, that's empirical evidence right there!
See you in three days... Sigh.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #1506 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »

I fail to see the difference between someone using that particular youtube video as evidence and James claiming dreams as evidence.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #1507 on: May 11, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »

I fail to see the difference between someone using that particular youtube video as evidence and James claiming dreams as evidence.
IF you wish to discuss or contest a ban, please do so in the appropriate forum.  I'm sick of having to say this.

However, he was clearly not using that video as evidence, and you know it.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #1508 on: May 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
Upon consideration of recently submitted evidence, I have to conclude that James was right about dinosaurs.

I am sure James will agree when I say that the TV series shown in the link above was likely created by disenchanted members of the conspiracy as a way to help soften the blow on humanity when the truth is finally revealed or, more likely, exposed.  Indeed, the content of the infamous finale of the show gives us insight into the views of those disenchanted members of the conspiracy and the concern that they have for the future of humanity and our world.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #1509 on: May 11, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
Upon consideration of recently submitted evidence, I have to conclude that James was right about dinosaurs.

I am sure James will agree when I say that the TV series shown in the link above was likely created by disenchanted members of the conspiracy as a way to help soften the blow on humanity when the truth is finally revealed or, more likely, exposed.  Indeed, the content of the infamous finale of the show gives us insight into the views of those disenchanted members of the conspiracy and the concern that they have for the future of humanity and our world.
Enjoy your 3 day ban for being a jackass.  Do you really think we are stupid enough to think you aren't trying to use your post as some sort of soapbox to whine about the previous ban?  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:38:02 AM by John Davis »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1510 on: May 12, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Let's be absolutely clear: any further posts in this thread which violate the forum or board-specific rules will result in a ban. Those rules are very clear:

Update. In this forum, off-topic posting is against the rules. If a moderator feels that a thread has strayed from its original point to an unacceptable degree, and tells people to get back on-topic, this is not an invitation to discuss the matter further, nor is it just a suggestion. At that point, all off-topic discussion either ceases, or members involved in further off-topic discussion will receive a suspension. This is part of the Forum Rules anyway, but it is strictly enforced Flat Earth Debate. Take heed.

I'm bringing this up because I see a lot of members ignoring and even disputing instructions from moderators to stay on-topic, often dragging the thread even further off-topic. This cannot continue. From now on I will be suspending people without warning for such behaviour, for a week or more, depending (frankly) on how I feel about it. I encourage other moderators to do the same.

By the point such a suspension takes place, you've already been asked to stick to the point under discussion, so you have no excuse. I see a lot of regulars who have been here long enough to know better doing this kind of stuff, and it's getting tiresome. To newcomers who may get caught on the wrong side of this rule because they didn't read this thread, all I can say is ignorantia legis neminem excusat- the rules apply whether you've read them or not.

I am going to be really strict about this from now on, and I encourage all the other mods to ban immediately for any further infractions. This topic is about "James' theory on dinosaurs", and that is the only legitimate subject for debate. Moreover, it is expected that those involved in the debate adhere to the forum and board-specific rules. You have all had fair warning.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1511 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:09 AM »
Do the dinosaurs have contact with the moonshrimp? There old civilized society must have attempted to make a telepathic link with them, did they succeed and if so, has the younger generation of dinosaurs maintained that link?

These are important questions, we might be able to learn more of dinosaur migrations by looking at the moonshrimp migrations.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1512 on: May 14, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
Do the dinosaurs have contact with the moonshrimp? There old civilized society must have attempted to make a telepathic link with them, did they succeed and if so, has the younger generation of dinosaurs maintained that link?

These are important questions, we might be able to learn more of dinosaur migrations by looking at the moonshrimp migrations.

Highly unlikely. Just look at the way whales consume plankton. Dinosaurs would probably behave in the same way, except that they would use nets off the size of their galleons to capture the moon shrimp.

Besides, it is archaelogically recognised that proto-moon shrimp left the earth long before dinosaurs arrived on the earth.

jrah

• Moon Magic HUZZAH!!
« Reply #1513 on: June 28, 2011, 01:58:36 AM »

No dinosaurs would have messed with moonshrimp. See the moonshrimp would eat some algae and start glowing and scare the dinosaurs away. I mean shit if a Moonbat wont fuck with a glowing moonshrimp then why the hell would a big ass dinosaur fuck with it?
Highly unlikely. Just look at the way whales consume plankton. Dinosaurs would probably behave in the same way, except that they would use nets off the size of their galleons to capture the moon shrimp.

Besides, it is archaelogically recognised that proto-moon shrimp left the earth long before dinosaurs arrived on the earth.
James....That guy talks to Shrimp....on the moon....

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1514 on: June 29, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
The moonshrimps ability to glow is actually a hindrance since it makes them more visible and thus easier for the dinosaurs to catch. Only by forming great swarms can they hope to blind any would be predator. They are also able to turn off this glow as observed in the phases of the moon.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1515 on: July 09, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
I recall a claim made that dinosaurs did not possess simple or complex building abilities. I have searched the internet and the site and can not locate sources of information backing up that claim.

Please post evidence and include links that prove dinosaurs could not have had these skills and did not use them to advance their society. The data is appreciated as it helps to advance a current research project related to this thread. Thank you.       

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1516 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
I recall a claim made that dinosaurs did not possess simple or complex building abilities. I have searched the internet and the site and can not locate sources of information backing up that claim.

That's funny, I seem to recall a claim made that dinosaurs did possess the ability to build vast armadas of ocean sailing ships used for colonization purposes, but I've been unable to find any evidence backing up that claim either.

?

Felix (R)

• Brotherhood of FES
« Reply #1517 on: July 09, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »

That's funny, I seem to recall a claim made that dinosaurs did possess the ability to build vast armadas of ocean sailing ships used for colonization purposes, but I've been unable to find any evidence backing up that claim either.

There is plenty of evidence relating man to a reptilian ancestry.  If dinosaurs were to be considered intelligent, there would not be much limit to their capability.  I would invoke the human example to support this claim.  I have an excellent theory pertaining to dinosaurs on these very fora.  The evidence, when weighed between intelligent or stupid, clearly suggests that some of them, were in fact intelligent life forms.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1518 on: July 09, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
If dinosaurs were to be considered intelligent, there would not be much limit to their capability.

Except for their bio-mechanical limitations.  Intelligence doesn't do a species much good if they don't have the dexterity and range of motion to make and use sophisticated tools and structures (such as ships).

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1519 on: July 10, 2011, 05:27:55 AM »
But dinosaurs did build ships.

But they had to destroy them. Because when they got to America there might be cowards that wanted to go home. Also they needed the wood for building new houses. It makes sense to me. Why would you keep a boat you didn't need any more?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1520 on: July 10, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »

But they had to destroy them. Because when they got to America there might be cowards that wanted to go home. Also they needed the wood for building new houses. It makes sense to me. Why would you keep a boat you didn't need any more?

Wouldn't it be easier (and more profitable) just to sail the ship back (preferably loaded with exotic goods) and pick up more paying customers?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1521 on: July 10, 2011, 08:34:45 AM »
We are talking about Dinosaur Colonisation here. There was undoubtedly a lot of politics and power play going on. When the colonisers saw the desolate new world they had been instructed to inhabit by their much hated autocratic government it would have been tempting to try and hop back on the boat to the old civilisation. The Navy had to make sure that didn't happen, while at the same time giving the settlers as much encouragement as possible in terms of materials + livestock.

?

Verrine

• Friend of Dr Crustinator
« Reply #1522 on: July 10, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
We are talking about Dinosaur Colonisation here. There was undoubtedly a lot of politics and power play going on. When the colonisers saw the desolate new world they had been instructed to inhabit by their much hated autocratic government it would have been tempting to try and hop back on the boat to the old civilisation. The Navy had to make sure that didn't happen, while at the same time giving the settlers as much encouragement as possible in terms of materials + livestock.

Excellent post, Dr Crustinator. Is it a part of your Dinosaurs Essay that is going to be released soon?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #1523 on: July 10, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »
That is some excellent fiction writing Crusty.

?

Verrine

• Friend of Dr Crustinator
« Reply #1524 on: July 10, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »
That is some excellent fiction writing Crusty.

It certainly is excellent, but it most certainly isn't fiction.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1525 on: July 10, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »

Excellent post, Dr Crustinator. Is it a part of your Dinosaurs Essay that is going to be released soon?

I am wary of publishing due to the likely harsh reception it will receive. Like Darwin I must deliberate the merits of shocking the world with something they would not like to be shocked with. It is a burden to have a great mind.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #1526 on: July 16, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
Why hasnt this thread been moved to the RM section? Threads which are far more relavant to FE have been. Move this crap immediately.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #1527 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:06 AM »

Wouldn't it be easier (and more profitable) just to sail the ship back (preferably loaded with exotic goods) and pick up more paying customers?

I am confused,  why did the dinosaurs build ships?  They could have easily been given rides from aliens who were busy covering the planet in pyramids?
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1528 on: July 17, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »

I am confused,  why did the dinosaurs build ships?  They could have easily been given rides from aliens who were busy covering the planet in pyramids?

LOL The pyramids weren't built until centuries later.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1529 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »
If dinosaurs were to be considered intelligent, there would not be much limit to their capability.

Except for their bio-mechanical limitations.  Intelligence doesn't do a species much good if they don't have the dexterity and range of motion to make and use sophisticated tools and structures (such as ships).

I don't think many dinosaurs are really that limited by their bio-mechanics. Just look at modern dinosaurs, and how they can make intricate homes using nothing other than their mouths. Then recall how ancient dinosaurs had long tails that they can control. Sure, it by not be to the same dexterity as a monkey, but one swing of the tall my be enough to fall a tree, which can then be picked up by the jaw, or strung onto other packanimal-like dinosaurs.