Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: War
« Reply #2880 on: May 27, 2023, 02:17:12 PM »
Ukraine's new recruitment ad.

It's a bit aggressive.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2881 on: June 14, 2023, 07:06:17 AM »
Interesting twist in the plot. 

Wagner is going to war against the Kadyrovites.

According to information from Ukrainian sources, during one of the last strikes against the occupiers, Kadyrov's "right-hand" man, Delimkhanov, was killed!

The punch line is that the co-ordinates for the attack were supplied to the Ukrainians by Wagner.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #2882 on: June 14, 2023, 07:41:42 AM »
Interesting twist in the plot. 

Wagner is going to war against the Kadyrovites.

According to information from Ukrainian sources, during one of the last strikes against the occupiers, Kadyrov's "right-hand" man, Delimkhanov, was killed!
I think they have only confirmed seriously wounded, but fingers crossed!  Very weird posts from Kadyrov asking Ukrainian Intelligence to tell him where they had struck Delimkhanov, so he could go find "his brother".  Which is all very strange, even by Russian standards.  Further Chechen posts were making little sense and seemed to mainly emojis, though they seem to be suggesting they are pulling from the front line.

The punch line is that the co-ordinates for the attack were supplied to the Ukrainians by Wagner.
Maybe...hopefully.  Even if they weren't, Ukrainian pysops may well be stirring the pot in very clever ways.  The counteroffensive isn't just about firing guns on the front line - they are never going to win by just killing every Russian soldier, they have to look for fractures in the elite and exploit them ruthlessly.

In other news, some idiot general left several hundred of his men waiting for a motivational speech.  Unfortunately for them, this was within HIMARS range.   You can probably guess the rest.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2883 on: June 23, 2023, 12:22:48 PM »
I'm hearing some interesting noise.  I'll believe it when I see it but there is a chance a coup might be underway in Russia.  Wagner appears to have declared war on the Russian government.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672314259907158028

Or maybe its normal for Russian warlords to get really drunk and declare war on Russia.  Wouldn't be the first time in this war.

« Reply #2884 on: June 23, 2023, 01:37:34 PM »
I have no idea what it’s going to mean, but I guess the Russian propaganda machine is going to have an interesting time trying to explain how this is all good and fine.

Will they have to start rounding up some of the disgusting pro war bloggers for spreading disinformation as well? 

« Reply #2885 on: June 23, 2023, 01:43:21 PM »
Holy shit what a scariass MF straight out of movies

« Reply #2886 on: June 23, 2023, 01:44:24 PM »
I would imagine he claims bakmut as his own new spverieng kingdom vs declaring war on russia.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2887 on: June 23, 2023, 07:08:09 PM »
Can't decide if it's a coup or a civil war,  it could end up being both?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2888 on: June 23, 2023, 08:04:09 PM »
It's kind of odd.  There hasn't been a lot of physical evidence for much yet.  It's almost like a lot of this narrative is happening in Prigozhin's head.

His stated objectives don't make any sense either.  He's going to execute Shoigu?  And Putin is just going to be okay with that?  Like Russia is now abiding by Klingon rules of career advancement?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2889 on: June 23, 2023, 09:44:02 PM »
It's kind of odd.  There hasn't been a lot of physical evidence for much yet.  It's almost like a lot of this narrative is happening in Prigozhin's head.

His stated objectives don't make any sense either.  He's going to execute Shoigu?  And Putin is just going to be okay with that?  Like Russia is now abiding by Klingon rules of career advancement?

If you can believe the chaotic reporting from the telegram channels it looks like Wagner has taken the Rostov military command HQ,  and are already half way to Moscow. 

Still nothing from Putin?

The acid test will be when state tv starts broadcasting swan lake 24/7.

Lorddave

« Reply #2890 on: June 24, 2023, 12:58:59 AM »
So apparently this guy and his unit are some pretty heavy neonazi kinda people.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #2891 on: June 24, 2023, 02:10:51 AM »
So apparently this guy and his unit are some pretty heavy neonazi kinda people.

He’s certainly a nasty piece of work, but at least he’s openly saying the whole war was completely unnecessary and based on lies.   Coming from anyone else that might not have been such a problem, but he’s been hailed as a total hero by the pro war propaganda arseholes and he’s an old friend of Putin’s.

No idea what’s going to happen, but it has to be bad news for Putin.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2892 on: June 24, 2023, 02:13:13 AM »
Michael McFaul on twitter says.

Putin was clear in his speech just now. He has ordered his army and others to destroy  #Wagner & #Prigozhin. So there's going to be a big fight. Russians will be killing Russians, probably in large numbers, unless Prigozhin surrenders.

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1672508726303944704

AP Wagner responded :-
❗️AP Wagner: "The trigger of the Civil War was pulled by Pypa [Putin]. Instead of sending one or two degenerates into retirement, he gave the order to neutralize the most combat-ready unit in Russia. The life of one or two traitors was placed above 25,000 heroes. Who is evil in this conflict is already obvious. The victory will be for PMC "Wagner".

I hear popcorn is in short supply in Ukraine.

« Reply #2893 on: June 24, 2023, 03:27:58 AM »
And the Russian Air Force reportedly blows up one of their own fuel depots to slow them down. 

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2894 on: June 24, 2023, 06:25:36 AM »
-Nato troops will have to enter Ukraine

-Ukraine will receive weapons systems capable of striking at a depth of 1000 kilometers

-Offensive to take Crimea

-Everything is geared towards unleashing a social cataclysm of huge proportions, a revolution

-Omicron (Mers-Cov-2) was released exactly at the same time as the offensive in Ukraine had begun (february 2022), with its prion domain inactivated; 18-24 months to the reactivation of the prion region

-Second front, Persian Gulf

Russia is purposely holding back in Ukraine in order to create the necessary state of affairs for a revolution.
A revolution in Russia?

The revolution will start there, but it will spread to the UE/US where it will have its greatest effect.

« Reply #2895 on: June 24, 2023, 07:31:57 AM »
So Putin has careful orchestrated a revolution against his own regime?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2896 on: June 24, 2023, 07:41:30 AM »
Well, Prigozhin is committed now.  If he doesn't succeed then he'll be executed.

He's making a lightning run with a small set of his forces towards Moscow.  The majority of his forces seem to be in Rostov-on-don.  The ticktok warrior is sending his forces to engage with Wagner.

If he can peel off enough support from the Russian military then he might succeed.  I doubt he will though.  Maybe he'll just break off a chunk of Russia, dig in and defend.

It's darkly funny to me that they still call this a "special military operation".

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2897 on: June 24, 2023, 07:46:46 AM »
I am really surprised that Russian propaganda isn't claiming that NATO is attacking them.

« Reply #2898 on: June 24, 2023, 08:32:55 AM »
Well, Prigozhin is committed now.  If he doesn't succeed then he'll be executed.

He's making a lightning run with a small set of his forces towards Moscow.  The majority of his forces seem to be in Rostov-on-don.  The ticktok warrior is sending his forces to engage with Wagner.

If he can peel off enough support from the Russian military then he might succeed.  I doubt he will though.  Maybe he'll just break off a chunk of Russia, dig in and defend.

It's darkly funny to me that they still call this a "special military operation".

His claim that he planned to bring justice to the military command and then go back to how things were was obvious bollocks.  What he plans to do if he succeeds is anyone’s guess.

I am really surprised that Russian propaganda isn't claiming that NATO is attacking them.

Not so far, but who knows what “evidence” they might uncover at his digs?

The west really really needs to stay the hell out of this, and our leaders to not even voice an opinion on what they think is best for Russia.

« Reply #2899 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44:23 AM »
Looks like Putin is getting his 3 day war.  8)
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Lorddave

« Reply #2900 on: June 24, 2023, 10:30:44 AM »
Looks like Putin is getting his 3 day war.  8)
But will he win it?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2901 on: June 24, 2023, 11:07:48 AM »
So Putin has careful orchestrated a revolution against his own regime?

Sounds like a plan to me.

This is not the revolution that is expected; just preparatory steps for the events which will take place in the month of August. The great revolution will take place later.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2902 on: June 24, 2023, 11:14:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672658620671041540

Aaaaand it's over!

Or is it?  This sounds very odd to me.  I guess I'll wait to see if things stop exploding in Russia.

« Reply #2903 on: June 24, 2023, 11:48:10 AM »
So they’ve sorted out their differences.  Everything is fine and normal, nothing to see here.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2904 on: June 24, 2023, 11:57:06 AM »
It was just a prank bro!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2905 on: June 24, 2023, 12:33:02 PM »
What is even happening?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2906 on: June 24, 2023, 12:52:53 PM »
Russia has part of their military split into a mercenary group called Wagner led by a man named Prigozhin. 

Wagner was involved in the war in Ukraine.  Specifically capturing Bakhmut, a city the size of an amusement park which no strategic value which took them about 8 months and 80k lives.  It was Russia's only real victory in about a year.

Prigozhin I guess is aiming for a promotion, like running the ministry of defense.  Since he withdrew from Ukraine he has been shit talking Russian leadership relentlessly.  Russia's actually military launched an attack at them, I think to punish him for mouthing off.  Prigozhin responded by capturing several Russian cities and heading for Moscow.  Russia tries to bomb them.  Wagner shoots down several aircraft.

Then today he changed his mind and decided to withdraw.  Which leaves everyone scratching their heads.

Or you could read Sandokhan's summary which I admit is more colorful than mine.

« Reply #2907 on: June 24, 2023, 12:54:32 PM »
What is even happening?

A major regional power had to step in to stop a tin pot dictator’s rogue state imploding and protect Russian civilians.

Nice job, Belarus!

Maybe Russia should give them ALL their nukes?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2908 on: June 24, 2023, 01:00:26 PM »
I'm unclear how much lukashenko had to do with this. If he did in fact convince Wagner to stand down then it would be the first time any Russian official actually listened to him. Usually they just poison him for fun.

« Reply #2909 on: June 24, 2023, 01:16:09 PM »
I'm unclear how much lukashenko had to do with this. If he did in fact convince Wagner to stand down then it would be the first time any Russian official actually listened to him. Usually they just poison him for fun.

Maybe not, but that won’t stop me from mocking Russia’s stated  goals for the invasion of Ukraine.

Putin’s claims of bringing stability to an expanded greater Russia have never looked more delusional. 

And just for good measure, the band of Nazis and convicts in a column of Z marked armoured vehicles and tanks bearing down on Moscow are apparently off the hook?

Even his biggest fans at home must be wondering wft just happened?