Midnight sun

• 120 Replies
Re: Midnight sun
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:36 AM »
The flat earth map was invented in XIX century when few people had been to Antarctica. This is what Rowbotham hat to say about the topic:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za49.htm

FE has no real answer for midnight sun in Antarctica, so the just deny it happens or the come up with magical explanations involving  refraction or the dome acting as a mirror. Most of them will just avoid answering the question though.

Some FE have invented alternative FE maps where Antarctica is a continent.

It's difficult to believe that Rowbotham's writing is still being offered up as being of any serious use or relevance. A friend of mine sailed on the research ship RRS James Clark Ross (named after the explorer who Rowbotham thinks was wrong in observing the sun at midnight in the passage linked to above) on its voyage to the Antarctic over the winter of 2016 - 2017, so he and the rest of the crew were lucky enough to experience the midnight sun firsthand. They also had on board a talented photographer called Richard Turner, who took some beautiful photographs of icebergs at midnight. Hopefully this link to his photos might work - they're well worth a look: https://www.facebook.com/540553592767867/photos/pcb.709588872531004/709588799197678/?type=3&theater

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 06:47:42 AM »
Yes its hard to believe but look at the arguments used in this thread to deny the existence of the north pole. FE arguments haven't changed much since Rowbotham.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 04:13:08 PM »
Yes its hard to believe but look at the arguments used in this thread to deny the existence of the north pole. FE arguments haven't changed much since Rowbotham.

While they dare to challenge for circumnavigating the south pole, they keep 'silent' for circumnavigating the north pole.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

Danang

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 04:21:36 PM »
Phew solves zero problems, it just rearranges the deck chairs on the Titanic.

By sight, globe model seems logical. But in summer midnight sun moment, no flight dares to go north to reach the existing solar noon places at that time, for instance: Mexico.

What moment do you mean? Where I live the midnight sun occurs every day in summer for a month. And we have constant light.

When midnight sun is being watched on the north hemiplane, it means, under the sun, a particular place/city is situated.
The airplane doesn't follow the sun indicator which suggests to go north to reach the said city.
They go towards else direction, i.e. southwest, to reach the city.

Danang

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »
I have actually been to the ise edge too when working on a research vessel.

What is "ise edge"? And what did you find there?

Sorry. Ε bit of autocorrect there. I just meant to say that I have been to the north so far that we had to stop due to the notdh pole ice. This was while I worked on a Norwegian research vessel. I have also been in Antarctica while I was working on a cruiseship as I said when I started the post.

Well. To the north there was sea ice, pretty much floating in the water.
In the south we was on several of the islands in the Antarctic peninsula and even got to go to the mainland a couple of times. Beautiful places

Do you know why polar bears don't eat penguins?

Interesting.. polar bears don't eat pengins. Why is it?

Anyways, did you cross the north pole and then arrive to a place on 'another side of the globe' ?

Suppose from Norway, did you really arrive at Alaska? Or you just went back home after being at north pole?

Danang

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »

By sight, globe model seems logical. But in summer midnight sun moment, no flight dares to go north to reach the existing solar noon places at that time, for instance: Mexico.

Why and what evidence do you have to support such a claim?

Aviation world with its routes is the evidence.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »

What moment do you mean? Where I live the midnight sun occurs every day in summer for a month. And we have constant light.

When midnight sun is being watched on the north hemiplane, it means, under the sun, a particular place/city is situated.
The airplane doesn't follow the sun indicator which suggests to go north to reach the said city.

Regardless of whether there is a midnight sun or not, certain flights fly well north toward the arctic circle and in some cases go over the north pole.

If you disagree, I suggest you take it up with the likes of United Airlines and let them know they are doing it wrong.

Danang

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »

Mexico?
Translation error?
Hahah what are you on!

8)

Danang

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 04:41:10 PM »

Regardless of whether there is a midnight sun or not, certain flights fly well north toward the arctic circle and in some cases go over the north pole.

If you disagree, I suggest you take it up with the likes of United Airlines and let them know they are doing it wrong.

Alaska to Scandinavia goes southeast.
Scandinavia to Alaska goes southwest.

That's is the established rule for flights within decades.
Other new claims have no basis on reality.

Danang

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »
There is difference between "flying on Arctic circle" AND "flying by crossing the north pole".

No one has crossed the north pole.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »

Alaska to Scandinavia goes southeast.
Scandinavia to Alaska goes southwest.

That's is the established rule for flights within decades.
Other new claims have no basis on reality.

Based upon what evidence?

Danang

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 08:50:30 PM »
Stash: "Based upon what evidence?"

Nature realities don't allow such flight to exist. It's like 'moon landing' which is dismissed by nature realities:
- dome wouldn't give possibility for any spacecraft to go beyond its body - unless there is door(s) on the dome.
- moon material is transparent >> blue sky color can penetrate it. So moon ain't a place like earth. It's just a body with shield AKA dome.

The same reason applies for the non-existence of 'crossing north pole flights'.
As I said before, globe belief has existed for ages, but no flight has followed such belief from the beginning of flights up to lately.

With respect to globe belief, there should have been flights crossing the north pole since the beginning and they'd never go with existing routes. In fact it's not been the case. Existing routes are still implemented.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2019, 09:55:11 PM »

Nature realities don't allow such flight to exist. It's like 'moon landing' which is dismissed by nature realities:
- dome wouldn't give possibility for any spacecraft to go beyond its body - unless there is door(s) on the dome.
- moon material is transparent >> blue sky color can penetrate it. So moon ain't a place like earth. It's just a body with shield AKA dome.

As I said before, globe belief has existed for ages, but no flight has followed such belief from the beginning of flights up to lately.

With respect to globe belief, there should have been flights crossing the north pole since the beginning and they'd never go with existing routes. In fact it's not been the case. Existing routes are still implemented.

I understand what you believe to be as "nature", but you have no evidence for the "nature" you speak of. For example, a dome. There is no evidence for one found by anyone, anywhere, ever. However I have actual evidence that the north polar region does exist. I think this has been brought up before, but a very recent example of evidence is that Air India started fights from Delhi to San Francisco just last week. Others have flown it before, but a first for Air India as a commercial route.

"Marking a new milestone, Air India has operated its flight over the North Pole on India’s Independence Day and has become the first Indian airline to operate commercial flights over the polar region. The flight from Delhi to San Francisco usually flies over the Atlantic or the Pacific Ocean but on 15 August, it flew over zero degree north."

The flight looks something like this:

So I respect your belief system, but also need to respect the evidence. And evidence shows a navigable north polar region on earth, not an unknown, unobserved dome impeding the route.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2019, 01:17:33 AM »

You don't need Arctic flight to see this map is completely wrong. Any flight over the north Atlantic would take much longer in this map than in reality.  For instance San Francisco->Frankfurt is less than 11 hours and it doesn't need to fly over Africa and South America as your map would suggest.

Russian flights don't fit in your map neither.  Moscow->Petropavlovsk is just 8h20m in reality and it doesn't need to fly over Australia.

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2019, 01:19:55 AM »
i love the "lack of data" comment.

Danang

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2019, 06:30:28 AM »
i love the "lack of data" comment.

I love this game :')

Danang

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2019, 06:40:19 AM »

You don't need Arctic flight to see this map is completely wrong. Any flight over the north Atlantic would take much longer in this map than in reality.  For instance San Francisco->Frankfurt is less than 11 hours and it doesn't need to fly over Africa and South America as your map would suggest.

Russian flights don't fit in your map neither.  Moscow->Petropavlovsk is just 8h20m in reality and it doesn't need to fly over Australia.

For a few cases of flights i.e. long distance flights, speed and travel time cannot be refered in absolute manner.
Try other kind of travel: train, car, bus as well as other subjects e.g. 2017's solar eclipse on America: how many kilometers did the sun travel from coast to coast?

Danang

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2019, 06:53:38 AM »

I understand what you believe to be as "nature", but you have no evidence for the "nature" you speak of. For example, a dome. There is no evidence for one found by anyone, anywhere, ever. However I have actual evidence that the north polar region does exist. I think this has been brought up before, but a very recent example of evidence is that Air India started fights from Delhi to San Francisco just last week. Others have flown it before, but a first for Air India as a commercial route.

"Marking a new milestone, Air India has operated its flight over the North Pole on India’s Independence Day and has become the first Indian airline to operate commercial flights over the polar region. The flight from Delhi to San Francisco usually flies over the Atlantic or the Pacific Ocean but on 15 August, it flew over zero degree north."

So I respect your belief system, but also need to respect the evidence. And evidence shows a navigable north polar region on earth, not an unknown, unobserved dome impeding the route.

By globe map system, such route doesn't clearly indicate there was crossing the north pole.

I would believe globe if the path was really straight.

Skipping any type of map, the question that should be answered is: "Does Air India go with a straight path, or go with minor turnings AKA curved?"

How can we clarify such question?
I wish I could verify by myself.

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »

If there were north pole, the airplane shouldn't go curved without touching 0° N.
North pole existed if the airplane go straight, which means it crossed the north pole.
No flight has crossed the "north pole".

Hmm:

https://frammuseum.no/polar_history/expeditions/the_norge_flight__1926_/

The airship Norge - with its top speed of 71 mph - took 72 hours to fly from Ny-Alesund in Spitzbergen to Teller in Alaska in 1926, accomplishing the first airborne crossing of the Arctic Ocean and the North Pole  - or to put it in Danang's terms, it got from one side of his map to the other in that time.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2019, 08:52:20 AM »

For a few cases of flights i.e. long distance flights, speed and travel time cannot be refered in absolute manner.
Try other kind of travel: train, car, bus as well as other subjects e.g. 2017's solar eclipse on America: how many kilometers did the sun travel from coast to coast?

The north pole exists. Airlines fly over it. Ice breakers bring tourist to the north pole from the coast of Russia. There are videos of people showing how the compass spins when they get there.

Flights over the atlantic also exist and they destroy your map.

Flights across all Russia need only 8 hours and that destroys your map as well.

People are flying these routes every day.  They exist, you can book the flights if you want and see for yourself

I say the phew map is completly useless, just fantasy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:12:35 AM by kopfverderber »

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »

By globe map system, such route doesn't clearly indicate there was crossing the north pole.

Skipping any type of map, the question that should be answered is: "Does Air India go with a straight path, or go with minor turnings AKA curved?"

Is your hangup that they don't literally cross exactly over the Npole?
They go close enough.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »

While they dare to challenge for circumnavigating the south pole, they keep 'silent' for circumnavigating the north pole.

Yes. It's true. In the last few centuries, nobody has mentioned any kind of search for any kind of 'passage' to the 'northwest'. No interest whatsoever.
Nullius in Verba

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »

It basically looks like this:

Danang

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2019, 12:57:04 AM »

Yes. It's true. In the last few centuries, nobody has mentioned any kind of search for any kind of 'passage' to the 'northwest'. No interest whatsoever.

That's why I still cannot accept the idea of 'crossing the north pole' as claimed by certain flight companies.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:36:16 AM by Danang »

Danang

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »

Is it the case in their real flight?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2019, 01:28:54 AM »

Is it the case in their real flight?

Pretty close, even further, closer to the pole. It's what they claim and it shaves and hour and a half off the flight. And I can't conceive of a motive as to why they would be lying. They certainly have no interest in a flat versus round earth debate. They are a for profit entity, a commercial airline, that's all.

- They claim to fly the route
- Passengers apparently fly the route

The route is the route.

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2019, 12:31:28 AM »

Sorry. Ε bit of autocorrect there. I just meant to say that I have been to the north so far that we had to stop due to the notdh pole ice. This was while I worked on a Norwegian research vessel. I have also been in Antarctica while I was working on a cruiseship as I said when I started the post.

In the south we was on several of the islands in the Antarctic peninsula and even got to go to the mainland a couple of times. Beautiful places

Anyways, did you cross the north pole and then arrive to a place on 'another side of the globe' ?

Suppose from Norway, did you really arrive at Alaska? Or you just went back home after being at north pole?

No. Sailing to the north pole is not possible. For two reasons. The geographic north pole is covered in ice and the magnetic north pole is on land.
We was sailing to svalbard, jan mayen and greenland most the times. But we did sail the Northern sea route once and visited Alaska.

However i feel i still am getting no answer in regards to the midnight sun question

Polar bears dont eat penguins because penguins live in antactica and polar bears live in the arctic.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2019, 03:16:43 AM »

No. Sailing to the north pole is not possible. For two reasons. The geographic north pole is covered in ice and the magnetic north pole is on land.
We was sailing to svalbard, jan mayen and greenland most the times. But we did sail the Northern sea route once and visited Alaska.

However i feel i still am getting no answer in regards to the midnight sun question

Polar bears dont eat penguins because penguins live in antactica and polar bears live in the arctic.

Some russian travel agencies offer trips to the geographic north pole on nuclear powered icebreakers from the city of Murmansk, but its quite pricey.

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2019, 04:53:23 AM »

Some russian travel agencies offer trips to the geographic north pole on nuclear powered icebreakers from the city of Murmansk, but its quite pricey.

Ah, yes you are right. But we could not, we had just a lower ice class

Danang

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »

I wish you had traveled by airplane. By calculation, only air traveling can possibly cross the north pole.

How long was the travel time to Alaska? From what city did you go?

I have linked the videos which indicates that the nothern midnightsun is not the real sun. It's just a reflection of the real sun through the dome.

;D Okay next time I should be a good listener first before responding.