Proof?

• 7 Replies
?

dclxvi

Proof?
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
I'll start this out with a disclaimer:  I'm not looking for a flame-war, nor am I trying to insult anybody.  

Now, that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll continue.

I've read a fair portion of the posts here, and while most are ignorant and outright rude, some have been written by some pretty thought-provoking people.

Understandably, without having been physically in space, it's hard to prove that it exists, photos and videos aside.  Naturally, it's equally difficult to prove if nobody's been to the outer edges of the world.

I have a few questions, mainly for the FE's, regarding proof and reasoning:

1. What proof is there, beyond speculation, that the Earth is indeed flat?

2. What do you make of the photos telescopes have taken of the billions of stars and galaxies?

3. Even more so, what about the satellites and probes we have sent out into space?  If we didn't send them, then where do these pictures come from?

4. Assuming we've been lied to about the Earth being round, why the grand conspiracy?

5. If the earth was flat, a lot of communication technology would work, specifically satellites and radio signals.  Is there an explanation for the way it works using the Flat Earth theory?

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions (yes even flames, it's not a complete discussion without the radicals)

Dan

?

bobpaul

Proof?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »
I'm specifically interested in #5. As a licensed ham radio operator I've often used the fact that the upper atmosphere is able to deflect certain radio frequencies in order to talk to distant parts of the world, such as Europe and Russia. If the atmospheric conditions are really good, though, the signal bounces multiple times between the Earth and upper atmosphere.

On two lucky occasions I've been able to hear my own "echo" several seconds later. How does the flat earth theory account for this occurrence?

Proof?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:26 PM »
Quote from: "bobpaul"
I'm specifically interested in #5. As a licensed ham radio operator I've often used the fact that the upper atmosphere is able to deflect certain radio frequencies in order to talk to distant parts of the world, such as Europe and Russia. If the atmospheric conditions are really good, though, the signal bounces multiple times between the Earth and upper atmosphere.

On two lucky occasions I've been able to hear my own "echo" several seconds later. How does the flat earth theory account for this occurrence?

it doesnt
unless of course you upgrade your tinfoil hats to titanium encrusted billboards

?

bobpaul

Proof?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Quote from: "myeyesareround"
unless of course you upgrade your tinfoil hats to titanium encrusted billboards

That's stupid. You're an idiot. A billboard would offer less protection. Be less stupid in your attempts to be funny and you might succeed in life.

Quote from: "theonlydann"
proof is dead. he was shot in detrit at an afterhours club.

Detrit? Where the hell is detrit? Oh! Did you mean Detroit? Oh, I get it. You were trying to turn a phrase! Spin faster, next time. You might just get it.

Now let's cut the crap. Crap goes in another forum.

Proof?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
Few more questions:

How did China launch a missile into the atmosphere (Which they have footage of.), and successfully destroy their own satellite. (Which I'm also sure they have footage of so they knew they did so.)

Meteorites hitting Earth at multiple angles?

Why do you refute photos? WTF?

" " " " " " " " " " " " " videos? WTF^2?

Why do refute any REAL evidence? Anything that could ever prove anything is seemingly "useless" because it goes against your thoughts and ideas. Ignorance is only good in moderation, people.
he Earth goes round and round and round...

?

bobpaul

Proof?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »
Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I don't understand how a missile or satellites have anything to do with the earth being flat or not. Nobody is refuting earth has an atmosphere. I don't think missiles contradict the flatness or roundness of the earth.

I can see where one might have to argue that satellite photos are a conspiracy, but maybe not. I don't, myself, see a problem

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Proof?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
This doesn't belong in the Information Repository.
the cake is a lie

?

dclxvi

Radio technology
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 08:35:59 PM »
bobpaul, you are definitely right about the way radio signals work.  Given what I've read thus far about Flat Earth theories, this would not be the case.  

This picture, http://www.freewebs.com/raacoz , piqued my interest.  This gives an example of how a flat earth could work with radio technology.  Of course, it's just a concept, and not true proof.  

Either way, this "answers" only one of my questions.  Who wants to take on the other ones?  And I'd prefer real answers this time, not insults.

Dan