Questions Regarding a Flat Earth

• 7 Replies
?

Nugget_N

« on: January 21, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »
OK, I'm a little new to this site, I've been looking around, read a few topics, etc, but I'm still a little confused and have a few questions regarding to your theory of a flat Earth.

If the Earth is flat, wouldn't the water run of? How is gravity caused? And what about tectonic plates? Why hasn't anyone gone to the edge and taken a picture but people have managed to take a picture of a spherical Earth from orbit. What caused  the Earth to be flat, are all astronomical bodies flat, including stars?

I'm sorry that it's a bit random, but to be honest, your 'theory' isn't much better.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:51:47 PM »
Well, I agree with you Nugget. The number of contradictions and implausabilities in the flat world theory are so many, it would be near impossible to document them all. The typical reply is 'none' of them are true. Following this line of thought, we might as well say that nothing exists and we live in the Matrix. But that's just silly, and so is the flat earth theory (IMO).

?

Nugget_N

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »
I guess you could say that, nothing can be proven, that's pretty obvious, but you can't think that so you have go with common sense and fact, even though I just said none of them exist, you get what I'm trying to say.

The Earth is round and unless you can answer ever one of my questions and then the rest I didn't write, I will never be able to agree with you on the shape of the Earth.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »
To be honest I don't think I'll ever agree with the earth being flat: even if someone finds the edge I'll start my own society called 'The Round Earth Society'.

Re: Questions Regarding a Flat Earth
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:02:28 PM »
Quote from: "Nugget_N"
OK, I'm a little new to this site, I've been looking around, read a few topics, etc, but I'm still a little confused and have a few questions regarding to your theory of a flat Earth.

If the Earth is flat, wouldn't the water run of? How is gravity caused? And what about tectonic plates? Why hasn't anyone gone to the edge and taken a picture but people have managed to take a picture of a spherical Earth from orbit. What caused  the Earth to be flat, are all astronomical bodies flat, including stars?

I'm sorry that it's a bit random, but to be honest, your 'theory' isn't much better.

I think the accepted Flat-Earth view is a combination of:

1. A 150 foot wall of ice around the rim of the world.
2. In the universe, people always fall DOWN, rather than into a gravity source, and the Earth is conveniently beneath us.
3. Earthquakes and Volcanoes are God's work, equivalent of "REPENT YE SINNERS!"
4. Government Conspiracy
5. Governent hushes it all up.
6. Government doctors all the photographs.
7. GOD

See? All makes sense and PERFECTLY logical. Yah...

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

although i'm not a flat earther, here's some answers that i've got on the same subjects.

Q) If the Earth is flat, wouldn't the water run of?

A) Outside of one poster on this forum it seems like all believe there is a 150 foot ice wall around the edge of the flat disc earth.  This seems to come from Charles K. Johnson, which ran the International Flat Earth Research Society, (http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm).

Q) How is gravity caused?

A) The earth is moving upwards at a constant rate.

Q) And what about tectonic plates?

A) Haven't seen anything about this yet.

Q) Why hasn't anyone gone to the edge and taken a picture but people have managed to take a picture of a spherical Earth from orbit.

A) No one has taken pictures of the ice wall or the edge because it would take "too much time and effort" and that a world government protects the ice wall so no one can get near it.

Q) What caused  the Earth to be flat, are all astronomical bodies flat, including stars?

A) Although I'm sure some here are not religious, what I have read is that god made the earth flat.  I've been told by seperate flat-earthers that either i) all astronomical bodies are indeed flat, and ii) that some are flat and some are spheres but we don't know for sure and never will.  I've also been told that stars are not what round-earthers think they are at all, they are actually very small objects only hundards of miles above the earth.

?

Nugget_N

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "Panda"

4. Government Conspiracy

Ok, one question about the Government Conspiracy, a very simple one, why? Just Why?

Seems to be a lot of, 'we will never know', etc...  :roll:

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 02:12:27 PM »
Quote from: "Panda"

4. Government Conspiracy

Ok, one question about the Government Conspiracy, a very simple one, why? Just Why?

Although it hasn't really been answered straight-forwardly, I have read that the USA and USSR decided that in late 40's they would tell everyone that the earth was round for the first time in history (and obviously it's actually been about 2000 years since the idea of a round earth was writen about and actually measured using basic math) in order to rule the world some how.  they used the space missions to trick everyone into the idea and flat eathers probably say they did that in order to use the money that went into "space missions" for other things ( ? ).

There is a lot of gaps of course...and i'm not a flat-earther so i don't have answers other than what i've read myself.