MY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

• 24 Replies
?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:23:46 PM »
So, I've looked at all the evidence, weighed it carefully, and decided that the flat-earth model makes more sense. (/sarcasm).

In all seriousness though, flat-earthers, listen up:
In my fifty odd posts, I have systematically destroyed all your arguments, you have never successfully managed a logical rebuttle, in fact, in most cases, you've neer launched any rebuttle at all after my posts, but simply ran away.  From this, one can conclude that I must have some overwhelming advantage, either:

A) My genius towers over your collective intellects
or
B) I have facts on my side (ie: the earth is round)

Now, as accepting point B causes you to vanish in a puff of smoke (I can only assume this is what happens, because you always seem to disappear after I prove you wrong), one must accept that I am smarter than all of you by leaps and bounds.

My problem is that I feel bad for you and enjoy a good argument, and you guys are so defenseless, and so this is my announcement:

Until further notice, I am, for all intents and purposes (or until I get bored), all flat-earther; I will use twisted logic and my genius (comparative to your own intelligence) for your cause, retarded though I may find it, simply because I feel sorry for you.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:32:54 AM »
Dude, you don't know what you just did. My faith in you is shattered.

But expect to get slapped around (metaphorically, obviously) by your previous comrades in sphericity (if that's even a word, and if it's not, I just made it up) if you start using non-logic and, erm, genius ( :wink: ) to defend a flat position.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 07:12:41 AM »
Believe it or not I was actually considering doing the exact same thing.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:36:45 AM »
:shock: So your just becoming a flat-earther, because your bored, 'sympathetic' and realise the only way anyone is going to listen to you is if you go against common logic... but you still know that the earth is round. :?

Sounds like a good idea... maybe I will follow your mystical ways, as it is gettin kinda borin proving everyone wrong, time and time again. :wink:
 believe somewhere along the line of human evolution a new species branched off, a 'missing link' if you will. This less intelligent, rather dull, new species of ape were so named the 'flat-earthers'.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 09:38:34 AM »
6 strings and EnragedPenguin: this turn of events is alarming. I think I've just figured out how people get involved in a flat Earth stance in the first place: they talk for so long with flat Earth people who cannot present cogent, valid reasons why the Earth is round that they end up feeling sorry for the poor guys, and then try arguing the other side for a while to see what it's like, or give them a hand or whatever.

After ten years of doing this they find they almost believe it themeselves; after this one can't tell the difference between them and someone who believed it all along. Beware! Beware! This could happen to you!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »
ok, Im sticking with the 'round-earthers'... I hope no one finds my new tag offensive.
 believe somewhere along the line of human evolution a new species branched off, a 'missing link' if you will. This less intelligent, rather dull, new species of ape were so named the 'flat-earthers'.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 10:07:04 AM »
yeh six strings as a flat earther will be quite amusing. i will enjoy seeing how this goes

?

Rick

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 10:38:40 AM »
why would the world governments waste their time pulling wool over our eyes anyway? Look I remember this entire argument hapenning before, it was in the 15th century. Then this dude named Colombus came out and did some stuff you might have heard of and all the Kings and Queens of the world were like, hey dude ur right. We're sorry for arguing with you. Since then technology has gotten stronger and stronger and it seems people have been getting dumber and dumber. Throughout the 16th century up to the early 20th century, we all pretty much agreed that the planet was round, but as soon as NASA sent a man to the moon, people started arguing again.

If the world is flat, howcome if I leave on a plan from Tokyo going towards New York, I have two routes available? One that passes over the Atlantic Ocean and one that passes over the Pacific? And dont tell me that the pilots "are in on this" cause i know a couple, and they're not. And I know a guy who was a software engineer at NASA in Houston and he has substantial proof.

Also, have you ever heard of the longest bridge in the world? It's in Japan. Its base is less wide then its top because the world is round. If the world was flat what would explain this phenomenon?

So answer my three questions, why can I take two routes if I'm going from Tokyo to Japan? why is that bridge wider at the top then at the base? and why would the world governments waste their time "pulling wool over our eyes"? you just cant keep a lie for 500 years like that across the entire planet.

In my personal opinion, I think that everyone arguing that the earth is flat were just trying to find a place where they'd belong to a distinct group, so continue arguing but I truly believe that many of you are just playing Devil's Advocate out of sheer boredom just like you Du-I mean 6 strings

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 08:57:51 PM »
i find it funny that rick said DUI. whatever the case, ive gotten kinda bored of watching 6strings absolutely wreck the flat-earthers' world. rick, they could say that the directions of N,S,E,W are in accordance with their view of the world, like the UN map thingy, where North is towards the center, and the rings have polar opposite charges of East and West. This, however, would not explain the North star complex. cause then the stars would have to rotate with your persepective of the sky. or something. i wanna see what happens next!!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 03:51:39 PM »
I find it funny that you think Rick said DUI when in fact, he said Du- I.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 05:13:03 PM »
Despite how sarcastic you are and how much flat-earth bashing that you do there is one thing that you cannot say that you have witnessed. The Earth from space. You can claim that all the evidence supports your viewpoint but you cannot say that you have seen the earth in its true form. Pictures can be altered, evidence can be fabricated, but what you cannot control is the ability for someone to use their own common sense and see the judgment. That truth can be summed up by saying that the earth looks flat. And it is

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »
Oh no bullhorn. You don't get to do this.  Not here.
Highjacking of my important announcement is expressly forbidden.
Don't make me tear you apart right here, I'm trying to help progress the flat earth point of view, becuase you're clearly incapable of it.  I'm trying to help build up the point of view that you hold and you come here to chew me out?

If you start trying to call me out on my sarcasm and how I'm not "a true flat earther", I will rip your ideology to shreds.  Period.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
If you start trying to call me out on my sarcasm and how I'm not "a true flat earther", I will rip your ideology to shreds. Period

Based on what I've seen in my time on these forums, that's already been done dozens of times. Bullhorn is probably numb to the facts at this point.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »
Sorry for hijacking your announcement but I cant let that much hypocrisy go unanswered.
bullhorn said
Despite how sarcastic you are and how much flat-earth bashing that you do there is one thing that you cannot say that you have witnessed. The Earth from space. You can claim that all the evidence supports your viewpoint but you cannot say that you have seen the earth in its true form. Pictures can be altered, evidence can be fabricated, but what you cannot control is the ability for someone to use their own common sense and see the judgment. That truth can be summed up by saying that the earth looks flat. And it is

bullhorn there is a flaw with your statement

It  is HYPOCRISY.

For example if you re-read the post above you will see bullhorn say he doesn't think we have made any points for the round earth model. Ignoring tfor a moment that their are dozems of abandoned threads in this forum where bullhorn and his fellew flat earthers jump ship when a logical argument relying on other logicv arguments pokes a hole in their theory lets bring up a quote bullhorn posted in this thread http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=849&highlight=

There he said in defence of his theory
Just becuase you dont think that our points are valid doesn't mean they are not.

you know if you think about it that applies just as well to your own statement made above. Not that that proves anything other than your hypocricy. I know that irrelevant to the validity of your model but its starting to annoy me.

Hey you know what else I could use to refute your stament above?
An argument you used here http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=766&highlight=

bullhorn said
I think it is clear, I have answered all your questions. The fact that they are not answered to your satisfaction is not my problem. They were answered with a scientific basis.

Now before anyone points this out I know that pointing out bullhorns personal hypcrisy is an irrelevant ad hominem attack.Those  quotes above prove nothing about the topic.

However it is relevant to why we cannot prove to the flat earthers the earth is round. They are inconsistent. They constantly change the parameters of acceptable evidence to exclude all evidence that disproves their model.

I will provide two examples.

1) bullhorn and some other flat earthers accuse us being unwilling to accept their model cause we allow educational establishments like univerCities (for god sake man thats not the correct spelling) to brainwash us. We accept things that people tell us and don't question things. From thsi they say the only evidence we should believe is those we can see and touch.
For example http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=775&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

bullhorn said.
Well, You have not seen the round earth. You have not been to space to observe it. You have to look at other peoples work and you beleive what they tell you. They have been deceved as you have. Space contains gas. The movment against it creates friction. Small ammounts yes, but nevertheless friction. Over billions of years it should have an effect. I have explained myself mundie and endangered. The fact that you have chosen to ignore the facts presented is funny and of a concerne to me. I am a man who doesent take things at face value. You on the otherhand believe anything that someone tells you. My grammer is very good, you seem to spend alot of time talking about it as If it has something to do with the issue. Again I have showed you 2 ways in which the Earth cant be round.

However when it suits them they take other peoples work at face value.
FOr example when we talk about the "Ice Wall"
In a thread on the Ice Wall http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=902
bullhorn said
To my knowledge there are no pictures of the Ice wall. We know that there is an ice wall due to the fact that the Earth is flat and people claim to have seen it. It is easy to understand how one could exist.

Hey that would seem to contradict
I am a man who doesent take things at face value. You on the otherhand believe anything that someone tells you.

but you know what could explain it?

You have to look at other peoples work and you beleive what they tell you. They have been deceved as you have

To cut bullhorn a bit of slack he's not the only flat earther to do this. For example most regular round earthers on the forum no longer bother to post pictures of the earth form space as the flat earthers believe them to be doctored.
bullhorn even said
Pictures can be altered, evidence can be fabricated, but what you cannot control is the ability for someone to use their own common sense and see the judgment.

Pictures aren't considered proof cause they can be doctored. Okay.I feel that was a fair parameter for evidence to set.

However look at this thread http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=902
In it navak post a picture of what he says is the ice wall.
navak then says
you asked for an ice wall, PROOF that there is no round earth, well there you have it, a picture of the VERY ice wall that we were refering to all along

Wait a second by that logic I should be able to end all discussion by doing this

See bullhorn its impossible to defeat your viewpoint if you change the parameters of acceptable evidence constantly.
My point other than the hypocrisy of flat earthers is simple.
I WANT THE PARAMETERS FOR EVIDENCE IN THIS DEBATE TROSTAY CONSTANT.
I have offered herehttp://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=960
to prove from first principle all the formulas required to prove a round earth.
I havent done it because I dont want to alll be for naught by bullhorn merely saying something like you can use logic and math to prove something cause that could be misleading.
I'm willing to let you set the rules bullhorn but I want them to stay constant or else this is pointless.
Based on you last post the only thing that will convince you is a trip to space. Do you still abide by that (I'm asking cause as I've shown your pretty inconsistent)? If so all dissscussion should be put into abeyance while we fundraise to send you into space as Mundi has already proposed
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=848

If you dont abide by that what exactly can I use to prove the roundness of the earth?
Put it down in writing once and for all so that we need not repeat the inconsistencies mentioned above.
An enraged
Cinlef[/quote]
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
Lol! Good show Cinlef! I like how you used only his statements to prove your point :P

Anywho, 6strings is serious about switching sides to help you flat-earthers defend your beliefs. I've spoken to him a lot about it, and I actually decided to help him on his quest. The two of us have actually come up with some arguments for a flat Earth that seem pretty plausible. I actually think that he will be able to create better debates and bring better arguments to the table than bullhorn ever did with his "univercity"-level education.

It is important to remember, we're not idiots and we know the Earth is a sphere. We just want to play devil's advocate a bit and maybe give the other side a chance.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »
When true flat-earthers evoke passion for there cause, there is nothing like it.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »
There's nothing like it because it hasn't happened yet. That's why 6string and I need to step in.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 04:32:16 PM »
Unlike many people I see nothing amusing helpng to perpatrate ignorance. Nor do I see any fun in using twisted logic and cunning arguments "prove" something I know to be false.
What exactly is fun by creating well crafted lies to fool the guillible?
I remain a round earther (because its true) and will staunchly defend the truth by pointing out logical holes in the flat earth model and advancing things it cannot explain.
An enraged
Cinlef

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
Yes, yes, indignant outrage and all that, good for you.

Now for bullhorn (I'm reverting to sane, rather than flat-earther, for this thread), you're right, there's nothing like the staggering logic and cutting wit you display when your passion for stupidity is enflamed, that's why I have been consistently blown away by your powerful arguments.

Oh. No. Wait...

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 05:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
When true flat-earthers evoke passion for there cause, there is nothing like it.

bullhorn you dont invoke passion for your cause in me you envoke rage and contempt for you ause and in 6strings you evoke such contemtp that he know longer feels its nessecary to disprove you staments.
Hooray your winning the war.
Wait no your whats the opposite of winnig
Ah yes
LOOSING
An enraged
Cinlef

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 08:25:48 PM »
Right, so I was talking to Cinlef the other day, and he was giving me his little "indignant outrage" speech, you know, the one where he gets angry at the fact that I'm helping propagate ignorance?  Yeah...can't say it did much for me...what does piss me off though is the fact that ever since I switched sides, no decent (and by this I mean anyone other than Alex, EnragedPenguin and myself) flat-earther has posted...well...I think anything resembling a point.  So you know what?  Until the flat-earthers try to mount anything resembling a defece, I see no reason to help them.

Seriously, I mean, helping you means I can't assume my naturally cavalier and witty attitude as I can't honestly state that I know I'm always right.  And that makes the quality of the forum seriously degrade.  I mean, sure, there are a lot of good, scientific points made by people here contributing to the content, but most of it is all me.  I'm sure of it.  So sure in fact, that I can now honestly state, without a shadow of a doubt, that the world revolves around me, and there's a giant conspiracy convincing you it doesn't.

Anyways, the long and short of it, for those of you who don't read, or simply don't read my posts (ie: bullhorn).  I've now been declared legally sane, at least I assume so, having forcibly broken out of the mental institute with nothing but a syringe and my extensive knowlege of the human anatomy (read also: poke people with sharp object enough, they die), and eventually acquiring a chain saw, some gasoline and a flame thrower.  Hilarity ensued.  I swear.  

So right, to recap:  Sane now.  Gonna destroy your posts till you get enough balls to make up some theories.  Cops after me.  Still sane.

My thesis on my insights into the flat-earther psyche will be posted in short order, after I sleep a little.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »
You know what, if I have to come with one more bullshit answer on my own and then defend it again without help, I may switch back as well. We can't be expected to do all of the work. Do you think my diagrams just pop out of nowhere? I make those to help out you flat-earthers and you can't even take my simplest explanations and expand on them.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
I wasn't aware that claiming the sun and moon were secretly submarines constituted a real effort.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »
He's got you there alex
An amused
Cinlef

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "Hardhead"
I wasn't aware that claiming the sun and moon were secretly submarines constituted a real effort.
That was when I was bored, uninspired, and at the very end of my flat-earth run.